The Sims Deluxe Edition FREE after GC @CC

I'm assuming a "copy of the UPC barcodes" can be photocopied, or does it have to be the original torn off the box?

[quote name='Uncle Fuz']I'm assuming a "copy of the UPC barcodes" can be photocopied, or does it have to be the original torn off the box?[/quote]

I've always had to send in the original UPC, so I'm guessing it's the actual one off the box. I don't see why it's a big deal, though, because it's not like you really need to save the box.

well some(like me) save the box just to display it above my cabinets.. and yes you only need the photocoy of the UPC.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='Uncle Fuz']I'm assuming a "copy of the UPC barcodes" can be photocopied, or does it have to be the original torn off the box?[/quote]

I've always had to send in the original UPC, so I'm guessing it's the actual one off the box. I don't see why it's a big deal, though, because it's not like you really need to save the box.[/quote]
Well, I'm giving it as a gift (or thinking about it...) so it seems a little bit easier to photocopy instead of asking them for the box and then ripping a piece of it out.

from what i saw in the ad, and on other forums, you get a $20 gc instantly with the purchase of the game.

then you can bring in the best buy ad for farcry and pm it at CC and use the $20 to get farcry for $10! :) i'm gonna do this tomorrow, hehe.

When I tried to order it last night, it said you can not place an order on Sunday nights. When I tried this morning, it said it was now out of stock. Grrr :x

:shock: they acted like it was a misprint when I went, and tried not to do it for me, saying it rings up as 39.99.......(I saw him ring it up and it said 19.99), he just didnt know how to process the gift card thingie. I was adamant yet polite (cheap ass gamer motto) that I am getting what is in the ad, call a manager if you cant figure it out, he did, and sure enough, she thought it was a misprint, but reduced the price to .01 for the game and charged me for the gift card.........so I saved on tax........20.01 out the door, and grabbed a free hobbit book promo to boot........(rings up one cent or free, always looking for free promo items, some are decent)
so now I got a 20$ gift card at circuit city burning a hole in my pocket, that begs to be spent..........

[quote name='fitzcain']:shock: they acted like it was a misprint when I went, and tried not to do it for me, saying it rings up as 39.99.......(I saw him ring it up and it said 19.99), he just didnt know how to process the gift card thingie. I was adamant yet polite (cheap ass gamer motto) that I am getting what is in the ad, call a manager if you cant figure it out, he did, and sure enough, she thought it was a misprint, but reduced the price to .01 for the game and charged me for the gift card.........so I saved on tax........20.01 out the door, and grabbed a free hobbit book promo to boot........(rings up one cent or free, always looking for free promo items, some are decent)
so now I got a 20$ gift card at circuit city burning a hole in my pocket, that begs to be spent..........[/quote]

exactly what happened to me:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11758

"btw, the store manager was basically calling me a crook b/c she couldn't find out how to do the $20 gc/sims thing in her computer. i was soooooooooo pissed, but bit back my pride so i could get the $20 gc. i was there for about an hour while she was calling other stores to verify this. i even showed her the ad and she said it was a misprint... if she were a guy, and i knew i could get away with it i woulda knocked her the fvck out. "

According to CC's web site, it's online only, so perhaps it was a misprint in the ad. However, I think stores are supposed to honor what they advertise, so I don't know why they hastled you guys so much. Was this in the Sunday ad? If so, I may have to mosey on down to CC and get it since they're out of stock online.

really? b/c i have 2 ads that say otherwise. one came with my sunday paper and another, i got at the cc where i bought the sims (and the $20gc).

so all i need to do is print out the add take it down there and show it too them and they will give it to me for $20? cause u ppl seem to be getting hasseled (and seeing as how im sick don't really wanna go thru a ton of stuff jus to get it).

[quote name='cegha']so all i need to do is print out the add take it down there and show it too them and they will give it to me for $20? cause u ppl seem to be getting hasseled (and seeing as how im sick don't really wanna go thru a ton of stuff jus to get it).[/quote]

It is in their weekly ad, you shouldn't have to print anything out, just pick up a copy of the ad at the store. I did it yesterday and didn't have any problem. As fitzcain mentioned, they ring it up as 1 penny and a $20 giftcard purchase, so no tax. That makes this deal a no-brainer. If there are still some left on Saturday, I may buy another copy (gave the first to a friend, I already have double deluxe) to give to another friend, but I want to give other people a chance to get it first.

yeah, i saw this in the weekly ad as well. i couldn't believe my eyes at first, and i can't pass up a free game. especially considering it's the best-selling game of all time, this was a no-brainer.

the deal worked for me. it rung up for a total of $20.01 for a $20 gift card and the game. the monitor popped up a window alerting the cashier about the advertised deal so she could add credit to a giftcard.

i then immediately proceeded to make a purchase of 'freaks and geeks complete series' dvd set and the new 'modest mouse' cd with the giftcard on a seperate transaction/receipt.

for those still in doubt, this is further confirmation that the deal is legit and not a misprint.

bread's done
Back