The Sopranos Season 1 Blu-Ray $34.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='cupcakex1']Yo,

Target listed in their weekly ad this week that Sopranos Season 1 Blu-Ray will be $36.99 . Pretty damn good price if you ask me.

I'm probably going to go pick it up on Friday when I go try to get that $59.99 1TB HD they're going to be having.

If you've never watched Sopranos... GO GET IT. One of the greatest shows in TV history, AND in Blu-Ray. Win-Win in my book.[/QUOTE]

Target's ad for today doesn't intersect with the day after Thanksgiving 2 day ad. So if you wanna pick up Sopranos Blu for silly cheap, you have Tuesday and Wednesday to do it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Target's ad for today doesn't intersect with the day after Thanksgiving 2 day ad. So if you wanna pick up Sopranos Blu for silly cheap, you have Tuesday and Wednesday to do it.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Shit, don't want to go out to Target just to get this, but I'll probably end up going today or tomorrow :lol:. Hopefully Amazon matches in the next 24 hours.

I'm crossing my fingers Amazon pricematches that. That would be a hefty preorder refund.

The only bad news is this is just season 1. HBO will dick around for another year or two between season 2 onwards.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'm crossing my fingers Amazon pricematches that. That would be a hefty preorder refund.

The only bad news is this is just season 1. HBO will dick around for another year or two between season 2 onwards.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I'm hesitant to pick this up. On the one hand, The Sopranos is one of my favorite all time shows and I'd love to own it on Blu Ray, but I'm not gonna spend the extra cash on replacing my SD DVD seasons (except Season 6 pt 1 and 2 that I already own) if they're not gonna release all of them.

HBO was never enthusiastic about HD. What boggles my mind is they finally got around to releasing Rome (announced the same day as thsi) as an entire set, while the Sopranos is an exponentially bigger show and only has bookends of the series in HD. The first season and the absurdly priced split set for season six.

I am a bit of a noob but I thought blu ray has enough storage space to put multiple seasons of a tv show on a single disk?

or was I just hearing things?

If you have 1080p video and multiple soundtracks (foreign language, etc.) then it would fill up a disc the same way a DVD would be filled up. But I'm still suspicious whether the same lousy 2-4 episodes can fill up an entire Blu-Ray. I think they are just lazy and use the same authoring procedure they did on DVD, plus they can load up a set with more Blu-Ray discs than are necessary and stack the premium you pay for the "more expensive" manufacturing process.

Oh shnapzzz .. I checked about 2 hours ago and it was at $41.99 . Damn Amazon works QUICK. Mos def getting it from Amazon, thanks for that !

Man, the sopranos is one of my favorites shows. I want to get this but Ive bought so many blus in the past couple days -_-

i am was kinda young when this first came out, would you guys recommend this as a blind buy? i've seen a few eps on a&e and i know there cut or w/e, but never saw a uncut one. i know the sho was super popular but just wanted to hear some opinions.

alright nice, i like jamie lynn siegler or w/e shes on entourage now and my cousin always trips out cuz he said he saw her grow up and now shes fucking turtle lol. ima prob buy this

Aw man, you're going to flip out when you see her in episode 1. A lot of time passed between the pilot and the 2nd episode...that's all I'll say.

lol alright nice looking forward, i saw one of her on A&E young, where tony soprano is taking her too look at colleges and he runs into some old rat and he strangles his ass lol shit was gangsta ha

bread's done
Back