the source clearance

360 Pro 60GB is $99!!!
HTML:
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=XBOX360_Consoles&product=5818021

[quote name='The Baron']360 Pro 60GB is $99!!!
HTML:
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=XBOX360_Consoles&product=5818021
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.... picked one up in Milton. Was a drive but well worth it. They guys working there were shocked!

[quote name='SCORP1367']Thanks for the heads up.... picked one up in Milton. Was a drive but well worth it. They guys working there were shocked![/QUOTE]

You didn't go to Milton from Ottawa I hope :shock:

[quote name='WillGabriel']Holy hell, with HDMI at that. VERY hot. That is, IF you can find one.[/QUOTE]

That's why I don't bother with Source deals, unless you're some RFDer or someone with... WAY too much free time in your hands you won't find one.

[quote name='kn00tcn']the stock checker is right there, not that it's a guarantee, but it's not 'finding' in the dark[/QUOTE]

The real problem with The Source stock is that a) the stock checker updates in the morning during opening, so it will say 1 in stock until the next day when it refreshes.
b) unless it's in front of their eyes, many of their employees cannot find anything you're looking for.

Some nice deals, the PS2 bundle sounds pretty sweet too. That should be the newset slim, with the power supply built into the console instead of the external brick.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']You didn't go to Milton from Ottawa I hope :shock:[/QUOTE]

HAHA no i should probably update that.... I went there from Oakville. 20 min drive. yeah like mentioned above it takes a day for the stock to update so call before you go in. The guy i talked to said he'd hold it for me and he did.

No idea about the jasper chip... i'm not too familiar with 360 scene!?

[quote name='DMPugh']Do those have the Jasper chip?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a 60GB Xbox 360 Pro with the Falcon chip (Manufacturing date was June 2008. Jaspers are Nov/08 and later) at Metrocentre location in downtown Toronto. There was an even older unit from 2007 there that I wasn't going to touch. At $100, the price was right for me.

Don't know how the RROD failure rate is with the Falcon, but it sure is quiet - quieter than my fat 80GB PS3. And apparently if your system RROD's, Microsoft will replace the system with the new Jasper chip. Thanks for the scoop, Baron!

[quote name='skibumm']I picked up a 60GB Xbox 360 Pro with the Falcon chip (Manufacturing date was June 2008. Jaspers are Nov/08 and later) at Metrocentre location in downtown Toronto. There was an even older unit from 2007 there that I wasn't going to touch. At $100, the price was right for me.

Don't know how the RROD failure rate is with the Falcon, but it sure is quiet - quieter than my fat 80GB PS3. And apparently if your system RROD's, Microsoft will replace the system with the new Jasper chip. Thanks for the scoop, Baron![/QUOTE]

Not necessarily; they could replace your RROD'd unit with a refurbished falcon unit.

A friend of mine went into a store in southwest calgary and the clerk couldn't find a 60GB so they gave him the old Lego Indy/Kungfu Panda bundle at $99! Might still be worth a try if the stock is showing 1. Very YMMV.

[quote name='The Baron']360 Pro 60GB is $99!!!
HTML:
[/QUOTE]is the link broken or is the deal over?

[quote name='the_void']is the link broken or is the deal over?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure they're wiped out. It was posted on RFD too.

picked up the last blue xbox controller at Yonge and bloor this morning. Asked about the xbox pro. CSR laughed.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Picked up the Intec classic controller. I only had one and it's hard to go wrong for $5. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Let me know what you think about the quality.

I grabbed one too, and for about the first 15 minutes using it the controller felt very cheap. One button wouldn't work consistently and the d-pad wasn't up to par for smooth diagonals. However, after working the buttons a little bit and playing a game the controller loosened up and now everything seems ok -- no button problems, no d-pad problems, everything seems pretty solid.

It's still a far cry from a quality first-party controller... but for $5 I'm really happy to have a decent spare for when friends are over. Considering grabbing one more if it's still available.

[quote name='ejamer']Let me know what you think about the quality.

I grabbed one too, and for about the first 15 minutes using it the controller felt very cheap. One button wouldn't work consistently and the d-pad wasn't up to par for smooth diagonals. However, after working the buttons a little bit and playing a game the controller loosened up and now everything seems ok -- no button problems, no d-pad problems, everything seems pretty solid.

It's still a far cry from a quality first-party controller... but for $5 I'm really happy to have a decent spare for when friends are over. Considering grabbing one more if it's still available.[/QUOTE]
It's a spare for me too. I bet it will end up never coming out of the box but I have trouble passing up great deals sometimes.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']The real problem with The Source stock is that a) the stock checker updates in the morning during opening, so it will say 1 in stock until the next day when it refreshes.
b) unless it's in front of their eyes, many of their employees cannot find anything you're looking for.

[/QUOTE]

So true, especially b..... what's really bad is that they have to look through the exact same site we do. It helps if you remember exactly what page the item is, otherwise they don't have a clue. They should just automate the checkout process & do away with the staff.

Just picked up 2 Intec Classic Wii controllers (1 for me, 1 for my nephew), one from each store. At one store the guy knew the updated sale price, but at another the guy didn't have a clue. As he was ringing it up, he kept saying "Wow... good price..." in the way that maybe he *wished* he'd known....

So maybe The Source employee cluelessness factor helps keep cheap ass gaming in check; otherwise they'd all scoop up their deals and regular customers wouldn't have a chance. It's nature's way of helping to keep the balance of things ;)

bread's done
Back