The store with no line, an enigma

Ricochet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
All right folks, here's a very YMMV way on getting a PS3.

But first, a lil backstory: I just ended up calling about a dozen Walmarts, Targets, Circuit Cities, and Best Buys looking to see allocation numbers and line sizes. Figures I was going to camp at Target tonight, but all 10 of their PS3's are accounted for as of 10pm last night. Same thing went for just about every place I called. Lines up the wazoo, even though I don't live in a city or anything like that. It started to look grim, and I started to think that perhaps I should head to class tonight afterall, and try for the Costco bundle tomorrow morning.

But wait! Hope!

Called a Best Buy and was told they were getting 26 PS3's total (20:60G/6:20G). "Yeah yeah yeah" I thought, "How many people are in line?"

The employee chuckled a bit, "ZERO."

I shat my pants. "Why? Zero? Really? Wha? Do you work there or am I talking to someone else?"

"We're in a mall," she explained, "And there is ABSOLUTELY no loitering whatsoever. None. We've been booting campers all day."

"But but," I tried to reply in a mess, "Surely you're allowing campers after midnight?"

"No. None. Absolutely none. We're giving out vouchers at 7 and open at 8. Be here for 7."

I thanked her and hung up.

So, malls may be your best bet. However, the no camping rule baffles me to no end, and I don't really know the procedure to follow in this instance. What time do I get there? How do I avoid being trampled? Is there another line somewhere else, in an alley, filled with gamers waiting to trek to the Best Buy? What to do, what to do...

bread's done
Back