The Suffering(Xbox)- $19.99 new @ ebgames.com

[quote name='supermariomelee']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/234535.asp

EBgames.com has it for $19.99 new online, I don't know if the stores will have it for this price. But in the October flyer, there's a offer where you get a $10 gift voucher for purchasing it at the stores. So if the stores have it for this price, you'd basically be getting it for $10.[/quote]

good deal, equivalent to the price at BB after the gift voucher. I'm guessing it'll actually sell at $10 before long.

I enjoyed this game and I recommended it. Its a little straight forward at times but Its got some great creature design and I found it more entertaining than the other (slow-paced) survival horror games.

Suffering is farking awesome. Not only does the game rock, but it also comes with this movie about haunted prisons which I found really interesting. Worth more than 20, a steal!

I'm not a big fan of the survival-horror game or the "shooter" genre in general, but I loved this game - one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in a year or two. I had it from Gamefly but I'm going to pick it up cheap.

I hear that you should wear your xbox live communicator when you play this game because there's a second track that plys through your ears and represents voices in your head that you hear throughout the game.

Is this true?

Also, I think the $10 voucher was only for Columbus Day week along with the Psi-Ops Voucher. Both those vouchers expired on the 17th.

I would check at BB first though ot try to trade for one of The $10 BB versions.

[quote name='WebFelix']Where can I get that October flyer? That would be awesome!![/quote]

It should be in the EB stores, usually near the counter.

[quote name='"Admiral Ackbar"']I hear that you should wear your xbox live communicator when you play this game because there's a second track that plys through your ears and represents voices in your head that you hear throughout the game.

Is this true?

Never heard that before, I'll have to check it out and get back to you. Awsome game though, have not beaten yet, but i like it so far.

[quote name='Ebraum'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I hear that you should wear your xbox live communicator when you play this game because there's a second track that plys through your ears and represents voices in your head that you hear throughout the game.

Is this true?[/quote]

Never heard that before, I'll have to check it out and get back to you. Awsome game though, have not beaten yet, but i like it so far.[/quote]

That's what the guy at checkout told me. I'd try it myself but I made a resoolution to keep all my new games sealed until i finish 50% of my existing opened games.

Not sure about Suffering, but I can confirm the story for Manhunt.. for PS2, anyways, not sure about XBox. For PS2, just insert a headset and it'll say something about a headset being recognized.. you'll hear the director in your ear.. and if you talk into the mic, the game will "hear" you. I was hiding as a guard walked by and I sneezed in real life and the guard spun around and shot me.

I don't think I've played it since I got my Speakercom, or I would have noticed something. Is it supposed to be all throughjout the game or just in some of the freaky part's?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='Ebraum'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I hear that you should wear your xbox live communicator when you play this game because there's a second track that plys through your ears and represents voices in your head that you hear throughout the game.

Is this true?[/quote]

Never heard that before, I'll have to check it out and get back to you. Awsome game though, have not beaten yet, but i like it so far.[/quote]

That's what the guy at checkout told me. I'd try it myself but I made a resoolution to keep all my new games sealed until i finish 50% of my existing opened games.[/quote]

I believe that guy was talking about Manhunt not The Suffering.

It's worth $19.99, I paid $27 and was pretty happy with it. If your into RE, Silent Hill, or survival horror in general - buy it. It has some pretty nice controls to boot.

We just picked this up for $10 at Best Buy. We have been playing it for about 2 hours now....so far it's excellent and has a Clive Barker vibe about it. The creatures remind me of the Cenobites from the Hellraiser movies. definitely worth picking up. This game seems to be a "sleeper" that somehow sneeked past us.

bread's done
Back