The super limited Pokemon DSL OUT NOW!!! ALL STORES!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
pokemon_ds_dp.jpg

EB GAMES CANADA SKU: 6143812

These things will become soo rare, just like the Zelda bundles from last year. $50 dollars down if you want a system. Release date in EB's system is 08/17/08!!!!!!

Today the rumor was confirmed when Nintendo announced that it will be releasing a limited edition Pokemon Pack.
The Pokemon Pack will consist of the previously mentioned onyx Pokemon DS Lite, printed with Pokemon characters Dialga and Palkia from the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games. Also included will be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness, an animated special which has never before been released and is centered around the newest Pokemon titles for DS. If that weren't enough, players will also recieve a collectible Pokemon poster and a Dialga and Palkia carrying case.
Players can look for the limited edition Pokemon Pack when it hits retail shelves on August 17 for the Pokemon price of $129.99.

You simply cannot lose.
The collection of things can be had for $129

Last edited by a moderator:
If I didn't already have myself a shiny Zelda DS Lite, I might do this. But I have no need to. But I do collect... NO. No more money spending... spent well over $600 in the last two weeks on games and CDs alone... mostly games... but still, gotta restrict myself... or, at least, try to. =3

[quote name='Ravenhood']If I didn't already have myself a shiny Zelda DS Lite, I might do this. But I have no need to. But I do collect... NO. No more money spending... spent well over $600 in the last two weeks on games and CDs alone... mostly games... but still, gotta restrict myself... or, at least, try to. =3[/quote]

DO IT!!!

NINTENDO NEEDS Your money!!!

I have a crimson ds and I've already bought this thing. Pokemon is actually the FIRST game I finished. Think of this as an investment. Look at the Zelda DS's prices and you'll thank me in a year.

Hey. I like Pokemon according to my avatar! Kind of anyway. Competitive battling is fun =)
And Nintendo needs our money about as much as Microsoft. As in not at all >_>

Awesome, I've been tempted to open my Zelda bundle, as my fatty is annoying with GH:OT. Guess I'll sit on it for a while longer :)

There are so many choices here though, and Pokemon isn't my thing.
GL

Agh. This is quite tempting >_< I just got a job so I do have some money to spend, but I also doubt I could get into EB Games today to pre-order as I was just in yesterday (don't drive and it's about 20 minutes away).

Ah well. Life will go on!

YAY revised release date!
I have $126 EB credit, perfectly enough, so here's hoping I can get into EB :)
This will be the first real collector's thing I have (besides those non actually CEs and LEs of every game ever).

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice, but I still prefer the Gold Zelda DS Lite. Pokemon's lost some of its appeal ever since R/S/E. I guess I'm just old school; first 251 is all I can remember.

Hm, my EB Games (Hyde Park, ON) wouldn't let me pre-order.
Oh well, I was kind of looking for a reason not to buy this >___>

[quote name='Skardee']Hm, my EB Games (Hyde Park, ON) wouldn't let me pre-order.
Oh well, I was kind of looking for a reason not to buy this >___>[/quote]
Call this number and tell GameStop how dissapointed you were at not being able to give them your hard earned cash. Corporate will back you up. My store wouldnt let me and lol and behold after a call from the DM, I was given an apology and a free gift card for my troubles.

EB Games
8995 Airport Rd.
Brampton, ON.
L6T 5T2

Phone: 905-790-9262

So tempting, I have $120 credit from trade more get more. Will it really be worth that much more later?

[quote name='uutf']So tempting, I have $120 credit from trade more get more. Will it really be worth that much more later?[/quote]

Do it!!!

Nintendo NEEDS your MONEY!!!!!!

[quote name='gamer602']Do it!!!

Nintendo NEEDS your MONEY!!!!!![/quote]
I NEED my MONEY! Also, does that make me a jerk if I only buy it with the intention of selling it at a higher price?

[quote name='King']Does the OP work at EB or something?[/quote]

What gave you that idea?

lol

EB is my fave retailer ever, but there's not a chance in hell I would ever work for them.

Playing my DS in public? Not a problem.

Playing a DS with Pokemon characters on it? Yeah, I'd be a bit embarrassed to do so... :oops:

Was able to get one this evening, guess the employee didn't know that he should be selling it till the 17th.

with the rarity of the zelda DS, they are still only going for 150 on ebay.....
so how much would this unit's value inflate?

All stores should now have these babies in stock. My Zellers only got in 4 of these systems, yet they have about 60 DS lites in a variety of other colours!

[quote name='kech']with the rarity of the zelda DS, they are still only going for 150 on ebay.....
so how much would this unit's value inflate?[/quote]

Hmm i just saw one zelda ds sold for around 288$ so u tell me.

To whoever said this was an EB exclusive, my store got them in (FS) and my buddies at Toys R Us and Best Buy say they got 'em in too.

EDIT: Also I don't think these'll be worth much anyway, the highest the Zelda DS' are going for is $210 and those are with an hour or so left. Only the biggest of lamers are selling 'em for $250++ (none of them have bids, surprise?). And these things are super mass produced anyway and the Pokemon DS itself is ugly as sin.

if it's an EB Games exclusive then fuck that. I'm not buying it. If I can get it somewhere else, namely Rogers (it's closest) I will totally buy it and let it collect dust while Im gone and maybe when I get back it will be worth something.

Umm I can't see this being worth big coin like the Zelda one. Yeah it's "limited" and looks decent. But limited Pokemon systems have come and gone, this is what, the forth? Anybody still care about the Pikachu N64? Next up, it's for the latest crop of Mystery Dungeon games. I love the genre, but it's hardly popular, more people hate it then not. Now if this set was for Diamond/Pearl I could see it being worth something, but how many of you actually gave a crap about Time/Darkness?

I'm considering getting one myself, but only because I haven't picked up Time/Darkness yet, and I want them.

This was actually released for DP. However, it never made its way out to Canada or anywhere outside Japan and the Nintendo World Store in New York until now.

Well if you buy the DS at Best Buy (which is $140), you can get one of the DS Pokemon games (Diamond, Pearl, Mystery: Time, Mystery: Darkness, Ranger) for $20... which is only a $5 if you got the DS/game at any other location =D

A bit off topic, but around what would a used Zelda system go for? (I'm not seeing any on eBay right now.) I've maybe put three hours into mine tops and I haven't touched it in months, no scratches or anything of the sort.

[quote name='Winnopeg']A bit off topic, but around what would a used Zelda system go for? (I'm not seeing any on eBay right now.) I've maybe put three hours into mine tops and I haven't touched it in months, no scratches or anything of the sort.[/quote]

There's quite a few of them for under $230 (just Ebay: Zelda DS, then filter out the "Systems" on the left hand side). But I say Kijiji or Craigslist 'em for $300 and see what you get, I always sell there first with Ebay as my third choice.

geeze i so wanna get one...

just to collect it and sell it for a profit...
haha but knowing me i'm gonna open it and just use it >

This thing is fugly.

I saw it in the Futureshop & Best Buy ads. I can't believe people still like Pokemon. I thought it was done for after seeing the reviews for the latest games.

[quote name='Zing']This thing is fugly.

I saw it in the Futureshop & Best Buy ads. I can't believe people still like Pokemon. I thought it was done for after seeing the reviews for the latest games.[/quote]

If you mean the dungeon ones, they're just spinoffs and no one cares. The main line has always been consistently rated well and sell 10-20 million pretty easily. You can pretty much expect Pokemon to stick around for the next few decades.

I might pick one of these up, I need a new black one. I wonder if they have the yellow screen problem some of the newer DS units have.

bread's done
Back