The sweet looking Metroid Prime Gamecube

Rig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Doesn't it piss you off when game companies release these sweet bundles so late in the consoles life?? What about us fanboys that bought one on day one?!? For anyone not in the know: Nintendo released a cool Metroid Prime bundle that includes a Gamecube, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 video and playable demo (!), and some other stuff, all in a sweet looking box.

Isnt it just a platinum GC with Metroid Prime (not a release game) and the demo (just released) pacakged together? How coud they relse it earlier in the consoles life if the stuff was just completed...your post doesnt make a whole lot of sense. If you really wnat one just trade in your old one with MP and spend like 20-30 more and buy your cool looking box bundle.

Yep just a platinum cube , metroid prime and the demo. Nothing special at all, just a nice looking box which most people will throw away within a few days. As for being pissed off when companies release bundles later on in the console's life, of course not,every system has some bundle version later on, been like that for as long as I can remember. I mean if you choose to ignore the fact that one will be coming down the line then don't complain when it happens.

It woulda been cool to have a Metroid etched in the top of the clear gamecube part, but that would have been too collectorish and they wouldnt make alot of those.

Remember when consoles used to launch as bundles? Then they would sell just the system w/o games later on. Now it's just the opposite.

[quote name='jbroush99']Remember when consoles used to launch as bundles? Then they would sell just the system w/o games later on. Now it's just the opposite.[/quote]

Yeah those were the good ol days

Back in the day you'd get the Mario game packaged with the system at release, nowadays your lucky if the system even gets a Mario release

[quote name='goldengraham']Back in the day you'd get the Mario game packaged with the system at release, nowadays your lucky if the system even gets a Mario release[/quote]

or a demo for that matter

Now had you wanted the special edition GC bundle for MGS:Twin Snakes or Tales, now THAT warrants a little bitch session. At least those had custom colors (gunmetal grey for MGS) and nameplates.

[quote name='goldengraham']Isnt it just a platinum GC with Metroid Prime (not a release game) and the demo (just released) pacakged together? How coud they relse it earlier in the consoles life if the stuff was just completed...your post doesnt make a whole lot of sense. If you really wnat one just trade in your old one with MP and spend like 20-30 more and buy your cool looking box bundle.[/quote]

I'm just saying, in general, that I dislike the fact that people who don't get a Gamecube early can pick these bundles up cheap. And I also know that the companies do this to hook new gamers. I just think they should offer some sort of swag to us gamers who purchased our systems early. Can you buy the Prime 2 demo disk separately? (That's all I really want)

[quote name='WildWop']Now had you wanted the special edition GC bundle for MGS:Twin Snakes or Tales, now THAT warrants a little bitch session. At least those had custom colors (gunmetal grey for MGS) and nameplates.[/quote]

I did bitch about those too. The Prime bundle just came out though. :)

[quote name='AGuth']Not only is it just a Platinum GC, its the newer one without the composite video hookups[/quote]

Actually. . .

Some do.

[quote name='guyver2077']well remember the cubes in these bundles dont have progressive scan.[/quote]

What are you guys talking about?? I bought the metroid bundle and it came with the platinum gamecube that has the 1 port for the rf/composite/s-video and another port for the component(pro scan). I told another CAG this, and he bought the metroid bundle and apparently it had the component imput too.

Why do people keep saying that it doesnt come with component? Has anyone actually seen a GC that doesnt have component or is it just some rumor someone started. Usually they don't remove anything unless they come up with a new design ala the new NES or SNES or when the add something like the 50001 PS2s.

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='goldengraham']Back in the day you'd get the Mario game packaged with the system at release, nowadays your lucky if the system even gets a Mario release[/quote]

or a demo for that matter[/quote]

I miss pack-ins. Altered Beast may not be the best game ever, but if gave me something to play when I bought a Genesis as a college student. Even the Satun came with VF.

I know the industry has gotten away from this, but at least the DC came with a demo disc. I can't figure out why this isn't a standard thing. I would think a lot of people would buy a game if they liked the demo. Sold my brother-in-law on Ready2Rumble on that Dreamcast disc! I'll buy games, but when you get a new system you want to see what a few things look and play like on it.

The reason they did this was because such a small percent of people used the progressive scan feature, so they took it out to cut down on production costs. I strongly disagree with this, because I doubt it costs that much more to produce.

Is there a way to tell which Gamecubes have progressive scan and which do not without opening the box? I looked at a Gamecube box at CC this weekend and could not see anything to help me.

According to CC's web site, the bundled GC has the digital output. I thought they had stopped production of those earlier this year.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']The Metroid Bundle Gamecubes do not support progressive scan for you high-tech junkies out there.[/quote]

Hey, you: Read a couple posts above yours on page 1.

[quote name='pinoy530']Why do people keep saying that it doesnt come with component? Has anyone actually seen a GC that doesnt have component or is it just some rumor someone started. Usually they don't remove anything unless they come up with a new design ala the new NES or SNES or when the add something like the 50001 PS2s.[/quote]

Check the back of your Nintendo GameCube and look for a "Digital AV Out" port. If you don't have this, your GCN doesn't have progressive scan capabilities. You can read about it at Nintendo's web site.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...94&categoryId=44009&langId=-1&catalogId=10001

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nintendogamecube/component_faq.jsp

[quote name='Trakan']The reason they did this was because such a small percent of people used the progressive scan feature, so they took it out to cut down on production costs. I strongly disagree with this, because I doubt it costs that much more to produce.[/quote]

Maybe more people would have used the progressive scan feature if you didn't have to buy the fucking cables direct from nintendo.

[quote name='Fourth Stooge']Is there a way to tell which Gamecubes have progressive scan and which do not without opening the box? I looked at a Gamecube box at CC this weekend and could not see anything to help me.

According to CC's web site, the bundled GC has the digital output. I thought they had stopped production of those earlier this year.[/quote]

According to the nintendo website(thanks for the link btw maxbiaggi3), the GCs with the model # DOL-101 don't have the component. I looked on my Metroid Bundle GC and I have model DOL-001, which would explain why I have the component imput. I looked on the box, and on the side where it recommends Nintendo Accesorris it says, Included in this set Platinum Gamecube Model # DOL-001.

So if you want the metroid bundle gamecube with progressive scan, just look on the side of the box and make sure you get one with DOL-001 and NOT DOL-101.

[quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='guyver2077']well remember the cubes in these bundles dont have progressive scan.[/quote]

What are you guys talking about?? I bought the metroid bundle and it came with the platinum gamecube that has the 1 port for the rf/composite/s-video and another port for the component(pro scan). I told another CAG this, and he bought the metroid bundle and apparently it had the component imput too.[/quote]

That was me Pinoy and I didn't know about the model #'s either. Just lucky that the one I bought was from a 001 lot. Now I need to get the component cables or even the monster S-video ones. Playing Xbox on HDTV has spoiled me on plain ol' composite.

One thing about the bundle... with the slipcover removed the box is the same as any platinum one with no cover art to tell it's got Metroid inside. Were the Zelda bundles like this as well?

I've been looking for a Zelda bundle to get the collectors edition game but have been passing up Platinum Cubes thinking there would something special on the box about what's inside... was I wrong?

zelda bundles have a sticker that says it has a zelda coll disk and a game case free, i just got a metriod bundle today and i was expecting the box to be the artwork not a cover over the box, also i looked at a whole line of GCNs and all were DOL 101s, and if anyone wanted to know metriod prime comes in a double disc cube dvd case(like resident evil) with the prime 2 bonus disc

[quote name='Trakan']The reason they did this was because such a small percent of people used the progressive scan feature, so they took it out to cut down on production costs. I strongly disagree with this, because I doubt it costs that much more to produce.[/quote]

Thats BS I wanted those progressive scan cables for a long time, where they at the store? NO. Now if they market a system to younger people why would you sell something only online? Nintendo needs to reorganize there biz or DIE.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='Rig']Can you buy the Prime 2 demo disk separately? (That's all I really want)[/quote]

Of course, there are ways to get the bonus disc without buying a GCN bundle. You can subscribe to Nintendo Power or register select GCN and GBA games at Nintendo's web site.

http://www.nintendopower.com/metroidprime2/[/quote]

Thanks. I registered my GC and games so I got what I wanted.

[quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='Fourth Stooge']Is there a way to tell which Gamecubes have progressive scan and which do not without opening the box? I looked at a Gamecube box at CC this weekend and could not see anything to help me.

According to CC's web site, the bundled GC has the digital output. I thought they had stopped production of those earlier this year.[/quote]

According to the nintendo website(thanks for the link btw maxbiaggi3), the GCs with the model # DOL-101 don't have the component. I looked on my Metroid Bundle GC and I have model DOL-001, which would explain why I have the component imput. I looked on the box, and on the side where it recommends Nintendo Accesorris it says, Included in this set Platinum Gamecube Model # DOL-001.

So if you want the metroid bundle gamecube with progressive scan, just look on the side of the box and make sure you get one with DOL-001 and NOT DOL-101.[/quote]

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

i know nothing about gamecube so here goes:

1. what is progressive scan and why is it so special

2. how much is this metroid bundle?

bread's done
Back