The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='RaidenMGS3']Jedi Outcast and NCAA Football 2003 for XBox both went to 14.98 today. Prince of Persia for Gamecube dropped to 29.99. The DDRMax 2 combo game/mat for the PS2 is only 14.98 now.[/quote]

Whoa!!!! Prince of Persia dropping, I wonder if thats clearance, temporary or a sign of a price drop. I have been waiting for this for the cube.[/quote]

Freedom Fighters (PS2) also dropped from $50 to $30. It rang up as "value software," so I'd be willing to bet that not only is the price drop permanent, but we might be able to pick it up for $14.xx or $7.xx in the future.

Here are a few new ones for the list

Sonic Pinball Party GBA $14.98
Metroid Fusion GBA $14.98
Banjo-Kazooie GBA $12.42 & $7.48 (went to several Targets)

Here are the ones I picked up:

Megman Network GCN $6.58 (bought 4 of these 1 for me the others for friends and I only got charged for 2 of them, the clueless employees strike again :D )
Super Monkey Ball 2 GCN $6.58
Chaos Legion PS2 $9.98
Jedi Outccast GCN $7.48
Dynasty warriors 4 Xbox $7.48

Edit: Sorry forgot to put location, Oklahoma City.

At the Westwood Village target in West Seattle I picked up Mace Griffin for $4.98. It was the last one. They also have Pikmin(GH), Fusion Frenzy, Mega Man Network Transmission, Great Escape. I think the prices on Fuzion Frenzy, Pikmin and Mega Man Network Transmission are not clearanced priced but am almost positive Great Escape is. Also If anyone wants to find a new FF Tactics(GH) for PS1 they have about 8 of em for $15, not a great deal but a great game.

I also picked up a rain check for rainbow six3 (50.00) with sale price 37.88. Could someone explain how the raincheck thing works for any game seeing as it says Rainbow Six 3 on the reciept.

Damn I've been to quite a few Targets and have never found any deals. I have been quite fortunate during the heydays of circuit city, so I guess it all balances out.

Anyway, 300th post. Yay!

Reading, Pa Target

Def Jam Vendetta (GC) 13.48
Tony Hawk 3 (XB) 4.38
Mace Griffen (PS2) 4.98
World Series Baseball 2k3 (XB) 14.98
Madden 2003 (XB) 23.98

I went to my Target armed with a UPC printout and they all came up as the cheap prices, but the actual games were nowhere to be found. I think the only ones on the list that were actually in the store were Chaos Legion, Clock Tower, and Great Escape. There were many, many empty rows in the video game case so I think they must have cleaned out long ago.

I went after that Silent Hill 3 deal, and the Target guy harassed me about doing a price check. When I finally essentially twisted his arm, he looked up the price and it was still $30, though it was marked "Discontinued". They wouldn't price match with other Targets, either... :x I had no idea that it was up to the traffic in each Target as to which got what deals... Oh, well. I can find it used for around $20...

Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (Xbox) (Was: 19.98 Now: 9.98 )
XIII (PC) (Was: 29.99 Now: 20.98 )
Lords of Everquest (PC) (forgot, but they had red stickers)

i wish my local target had those gamecube games discounted. They even carry most of the ones yall have listed as clearance.

This is my first post! Great site Cheapy D! Anyway I tried to get Chaos Legion for around $10 but it didn't happen. So how do you all get this ridiculous prices?

[quote name='Repairman Jack']I went after that Silent Hill 3 deal, and the Target guy harassed me about doing a price check. When I finally essentially twisted his arm, he looked up the price and it was still $30, though it was marked "Discontinued". They wouldn't price match with other Targets, either... :x I had no idea that it was up to the traffic in each Target as to which got what deals... Oh, well. I can find it used for around $20...[/quote]

I suspect the game had one of those big orange and white stickers on it, correct?
If so then those will never be discounted beyond the price shown on that sticker. It's more less for an item that has been damaged, display model, an item that was found in back and has been out of the system for quite some time, or an item some customer decided to open.
You would have to peel off that sticker so the original upc is revealed and it will ring up for the current clearence price.

None of the Targets I've been to have had ANY deals worth looking at. Indiana Jones for $29.98? I don't think so. And that was on the clearance shelf. Are you people finding these games in the clearance shelves, behind the glass or where? I'm dying to find a couple of bargains, especially Super Monkey Ball 2 (and the missus would love DDR2 with the pad! :D ).

Toledo, OH
Chaos Legion 9.98
Kya Dark Lineage 7.48
Arc the Lad 7.48
Mace Griffen 4.98

Rossford, OH
Mega Man Network Trans 7.48
Unlimited Saga scanned at 0.00

[quote name='PaulEMoz']None of the Targets I've been to have had ANY deals worth looking at. Indiana Jones for $29.98? I don't think so. And that was on the clearance shelf. Are you people finding these games in the clearance shelves, behind the glass or where? I'm dying to find a couple of bargains, especially Super Monkey Ball 2 (and the missus would love DDR2 with the pad! :D ).[/quote]

When you say Indiana Jones for $29.98, was that the sticker price? Pretty much all of the games that people have been finding have been marked higher than what they get them for. You need to either scan the game yourself or get a price check from an employee. The real price is what comes up when you scan it.

[quote name='jlindsay26']Got Mario Party 4 for $21 last one, not the greatest deal but still pretty good[/quote]

Actually that is the best price I have ever seen for that game.

Got Disney Skate Adventure for $7.48. I was expecting the $15 someone else has posted earlier, but it came out cheaper. Oh well, all the better!

Tony Hawk 3 for xbox is down to $4.98 now.
Indiana Jones and Jedi Knight II are marked to $14.98
Tetis Worlds (online version) was $9.98

Lake Charles, LA

anybody know if fuzion frenzy for $4.98 is going to be universal among all targets, because my Super Target in Orlando still has it for $19.98?!? :cry:

I did checkout SUPER Target Price too... they Price is PRETTY HIGH :(

Try to get PSONE w/ LCD Screen but SUPER TARGET have it for $104.99 :(

Ohhhh well ;)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I did checkout SUPER Target Price too... they Price is PRETTY HIGH :(

Try to get PSONE w/ LCD Screen but SUPER TARGET have it for $104.99 :(

Ohhhh well ;)[/quote]

It was the same price at the (regular) Target (Hickory Hollow, Nashville, TN) I was at last night (surprised they had one at all). They also had the following:

Chaos Legion (PS2) $9.98 (I ended up not getting it, bad reviews)

DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Xbox) $14.98 (I already have the game, so I left it there (3 copies)). I think this is a really good find, because if it is $14.98 at my Targets, it is probably $7.48 or less at every other Target in the country (and possibly Canada :wink: ).

Action Replay (GC) $14.98. I bought this. It was the only one I saw, the plastic packaging was pretty ripped up, and I don't even know if it was a good deal (again, $14.98 at my Targets usually equals $7.48 at others, so I know it wasn't a fantastic deal, but hopefully it wasn't too bad), but I bought it. I pretty much never use cheats, but I was hoping it could be used to access some Animal Crossing stuff (I haven't even opened AC yet, for fear that it would take up too much of my time, and I've had it about a year I think).

[quote name='Whambamm']When you say Indiana Jones for $29.98, was that the sticker price? Pretty much all of the games that people have been finding have been marked higher than what they get them for. You need to either scan the game yourself or get a price check from an employee. The real price is what comes up when you scan it.[/quote]

It was the red sticker price. It had the original price, and the Clearance price.

None of my Target stores have anything at all on the clearance shelves, bar PS1 games and a few old PC games, and I look there all the time. They have the occasional reduction behind the glass ($37.88 instead of $49.99), but that's yer lot.

[quote name='PaulEMoz'][quote name='Whambamm']When you say Indiana Jones for $29.98, was that the sticker price? Pretty much all of the games that people have been finding have been marked higher than what they get them for. You need to either scan the game yourself or get a price check from an employee. The real price is what comes up when you scan it.[/quote]

It was the red sticker price. It had the original price, and the Clearance price.

None of my Target stores have anything at all on the clearance shelves, bar PS1 games and a few old PC games, and I look there all the time. They have the occasional reduction behind the glass ($37.88 instead of $49.99), but that's yer lot.[/quote]

Even if it is the red sticker price, did you scan it? DO NOT go by any sticker price. Some of them are correct, but the majority of the ones I have gotten with the red sticker have been even less. ex: Kya, X2:Wolverine's revenge, and Wolfenstein(ps2) were all marked with a red sticker for $20.98. I got Kya and X2 for $7.48 each and Wolfenstein for $6.58

At the Target in San Marcos, TX I got

Clock Tower 3- $4.38
Chaos Legio- $8.78
Auto Modellista- $6.58

They have one Auto Modellista left and a few PC games.

[quote name='Whambamm']Even if it is the red sticker price, did you scan it? DO NOT go by any sticker price. Some of them are correct, but the majority of the ones I have gotten with the red sticker have been even less. ex: Kya, X2:Wolverine's revenge, and Wolfenstein(ps2) were all marked with a red sticker for $20.98. I got Kya and X2 for $7.48 each and Wolfenstein for $6.58[/quote]

Nah, I didn't scan them. Like I said, there really hasn't been anything on any of the shelves anyway. I don't want any of the PS1 games, nor do I want Wolverine's Revenge or Icewind Dale II on the PC, and that's really all I've seen in any of the Target stores I've been in.

I would like some cheese with my whine though! :)

over the past two days, i have been to 6 targets in the area.

- the one in chesterfield (23 and gratiot) had nothing.

- the one by me (gratiot and 14 or so in clinton township) i picked up Clock Tower 3 for $4.98 and Arc the Lad for $7.48. i got the last Arc the Lad, but a few Clock Towers were left.

- the one at 11 and dequindre had nothing special.

- target at about 14 and john r didn't have anything really.

- the one at 15 and van dyke had mega man network transmission for $6.48. quite a few copies left. they also had a ton of Fuzion Frenzys, which i passed, but i may pick in in preparation for an xbox. there were also a lot of Silent Hill 3s sitting outside of the case, however they were not discounted.

- the one on hall road (M-59) had the mega man game, but didn't really notice anything else.

using the printed out bar code sheet, i learned that ESPN NHL Hockey for ps2 was down to $6.98 or so, and was really hoping to run across it, but the targets failed me. which brings me to this:

[quote name='WSkywalker']I found ESPN NHL Hockey for PS2 for $6.98 at a Target in Charlotte, NC.[/quote]

if someone can pick up an extra copy of this game, i will reimburse them for the cost, pay for shipping, and throw in a few extra dollars for the effort. or, if one prefers, i will trade a game for it (preferably a target clearance one). if you (you = anyone that cares) can help me out, it would be pretty neat. thanks.

My Target doesn't have ESPN Hockey, but I am interested in Mega Man Network Transmission if you're able to pick an extra one up.

I NEVER seem to be able to find ANY of these deals at the Target stores near my house. I have 4 target stores within 20 minutes of my house.

Does anyone know of any Targets in Connecticut or in Orange County, NY where these deals are available?

Are these prices for the games behind the glass case?

The "clearance" games outside the glass case also seem to be tagged at around $20.

Will the clearance games marked for $20 or even the games behind the glass case scan at far less than their marked prices (like the prices listed in this thread)?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I'd love to take advantage of these deals.......Thanks to all who can help out a fellow CAGer....

[quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='Repairman Jack']I went after that Silent Hill 3 deal, and the Target guy harassed me about doing a price check. When I finally essentially twisted his arm, he looked up the price and it was still $30, though it was marked "Discontinued". They wouldn't price match with other Targets, either... :x I had no idea that it was up to the traffic in each Target as to which got what deals... Oh, well. I can find it used for around $20...[/quote]

I suspect the game had one of those big orange and white stickers on it, correct?
If so then those will never be discounted beyond the price shown on that sticker. It's more less for an item that has been damaged, display model, an item that was found in back and has been out of the system for quite some time, or an item some customer decided to open.
You would have to peel off that sticker so the original upc is revealed and it will ring up for the current clearence price.[/quote]

Yesterday i had found Armed and Dangerous (xbox)with one of those oversized, red with white striped tags for 29.98. Considering i was at best buy and it had dropped to $30, it makes me wonder if they just ran out of tickets

[quote name='dr_evil99']I NEVER seem to be able to find ANY of these deals at the Target stores near my house. I have 4 target stores within 20 minutes of my house.

Does anyone know of any Targets in Connecticut or in Orange County, NY where these deals are available?

The "clearance" games outside the glass case also seem to be tagged at around $20.

Will the clearance games marked for $20 or even the games behind the glass case scan at far less than their marked prices (like the prices listed in this thread)?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I'd love to take advantage of these deals.......Thanks to all who can help out a fellow CAGer....[/quote]

I don't know about Orange County, but I did try the Target in White Plains. In the clearance racks they had a lot of PH/GH games at $20, some truly crappy games for PS2 for $14.99 (I can't remember the titles, though), and that was about it. Some of the games that people have been talking about may have been in the glass cases, but when I glanced over them I didn't see any that were clearly marked down. Probably the best thing to do is what is described on the first page of this thread...print out the barcodes of the games you're interested in, check the prices using the scanner at the store, and then see if they have any of them...

[quote name='dr_evil99']I NEVER seem to be able to find ANY of these deals at the Target stores near my house. I have 4 target stores within 20 minutes of my house.

Sorry for the newbie questions but I'd love to take advantage of these deals.......Thanks to all who can help out a fellow CAGer....[/quote]

yes and no. As the clearence price varies from store to store.
Always scan the game no matter what it is marked.

Gainesville, Fl

Target here has many games in the discount section, however they all ring up Value Game when I scan them. They are all 19.99-29.99 in price. Depressing.... At least i got in on the CC clearance

If anyone can get Arc the Lad TOS for those insane prices that you guys have been posting, I'm willing to pay $15 (total) for one. Just don't waste your time and go get one yet. Be sure your local Target has copies for sure and PM me first. Thanks in advance.

I scored Arc the Lad: TOS and Castle Wolfenstein (PS2) for $7.50 each today. This was at the North Druid Hills Greatland Target in Atlanta, GA.

ug just got back from the Buffalo NY target and they had new clearence games:

Enter The Matrix (XBOX) was marked down to 14.99 buch of copies

Midtown Maddness 3 (xbox) also down to 14.99, two copies left.

Aliens Vs Preditor (XBOX) this too, was 14.99 one copy.

What's interesting to note is that the games were in the electronics clearence section, and were the clearence section was previously, theirs a lot of newer games like Soul Caliber 2, Freedom Fighters, Prince of Persia, etc, but they weren't clearence, according to a store clerk their value "titles". He also said not to be surprised if they dropped to clearence prices soon.

I picked up two copies of ESPN NHL Hockey for 7.50 at the Marbach Target in San Antonio. There are still about 5 copies left there.

I've been shopping around the Targets here and haven't really found anything. I"ve missed on the DDR 2 Pad thing. I've seen a lot of Mace Griffins though around all the Targets here in San Antonio as well as a lot of Kya: Dark Lineage copies.

if anyone wants one, I'd be willing to trade one for Arc the Lad, DDR2 with pad or DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball if anyone has any extra copies. I"ll pay the difference on the discounted price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back