The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='Drakken']I asked a Target employee to scan Unlimited Saga (behind the glass), since it still showed it at $50. He said he was sure it was still $50, apparently it had been recently tagged. It's hard to believe they still have it at that price...[/quote]
This is a technique used by lazy employees to piss you off. Provided it isn't in the clearance bin next week, ask them to take it down for you to buy, after they scan it and ask for the money if the total they ask for is 50 bucks just tell em you dont want it. They cant really do anything to you about that.

This is why we also came up with the plan to print your own barcodes. Hence you can check without having to harass the register monkey, or have to argue the price with them

All the people at my Target are friendly with me and I have no problems getting them to check prices. Whatever happened to customer courtesy?

[quote name='Soft Nugget'][quote name='Drakken']I asked a Target employee to scan Unlimited Saga (behind the glass), since it still showed it at $50. He said he was sure it was still $50, apparently it had been recently tagged. It's hard to believe they still have it at that price...[/quote]
This is a technique used by lazy employees to piss you off. Provided it isn't in the clearance bin next week, ask them to take it down for you to buy, after they scan it and ask for the money if the total they ask for is 50 bucks just tell em you dont want it. They cant really do anything to you about that.[/quote]

i had the same problem just last night. i asked her to scan it anyways and it didn't show up in the system and she said she can't sell it. i asked to speak to a manager, and he came and scannned it with a hand held scanner and it showed up as $7.48.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']
I scanned the Zelda bonus disc at Toys R Us last week, and it came up to a ridiculous amount of like $59.99. It reminds me of the time I saw the SJRF/Sega GT 2002 Xbox bonus disc on sale separately at Best Buy for $99.99. I really doubt the store expects to sell too many of them.
[/quote]

A friend of mine wasn't paying much attention at the register and ended up paying $40 at Best Buy for that Gamecube demo disc with Viewtiful Joe, Splinter Cell, etc. :shock:

RE: Code verinica $4.38
Virtua Fighter 4 - $4.38
The cashier just asked how much they were since they scaneed $0.00.
good thing i asked the nice guy at the games department.

Only clearance games I saw:
Wolverine's revenge for GBA, $14
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for GC, $15 and TONS of copies. Will probably go to $7.50 soon.

Not total clearance games but good deals:
Dynasty Warriors 4 (XBox) $29.99
ESPN Football (XBox) $29.99
ESPH Nhl Hockey (PS2) $29.99

Meriden, CT Target.

[quote name='JibbaJabba']does anyone know if castlevania: aria of sorrow (GBA) is still $14.98 or have they dropped it once again?[/quote]

I didn't know they had that price. I'm going to have to check that out.

Has anybody found any awesome deals at any of these Targets?

South Setauket, NY
Bay Shore, NY
Riverhead, NY
Commack, NY (by Crooked Hill Rd. and Commack Rd.)
Commack, NY (on Vets Hwy. by Jericho Tpke.)

I do not think my Target (Hackensack, NJ) has a clearance section for games. I will have to check it out next time I pass it.

[quote name='bowsernieb']I'm in Overland Park, KS...anybody from anywhere around there know of a Target with a clearance section? Believe me...I've looked...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the Target at 119th and Blackbob has a clearance section, but I haven't been in for months.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='bowsernieb']I'm in Overland Park, KS...anybody from anywhere around there know of a Target with a clearance section? Believe me...I've looked...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the Target at 119th and Blackbob has a clearance section, but I haven't been in for months.[/quote]

I'll have to stop in there. Is that the one right next to AMC Studio 30? I'm out there all the time for screenings so that would be perfect.

Brighton, MI had WWE Wrestlemania X-8 for $9.98, 2 copies left. They also had a single copy of Sonic Mega Collection marked $20.98, rang up for $14.98.

[quote name='bowsernieb'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='bowsernieb']I'm in Overland Park, KS...anybody from anywhere around there know of a Target with a clearance section? Believe me...I've looked...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the Target at 119th and Blackbob has a clearance section, but I haven't been in for months.[/quote]

I'll have to stop in there. Is that the one right next to AMC Studio 30? I'm out there all the time for screenings so that would be perfect.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the one. The clearance area should be in an isle to the left of the demo units as seen from the doors.

stopped at the Wixom, MI Target tonight
All they really had in the way of clearance was an Action Replay for X-Box for $7.48. I was hoping they'd have a Gamecube one, but no luck.

I got PSO: Online Ep. 1+2 (GCN) and Panzer Dragoon Orta for $14.98 each at the Lancaster, Ohio Target. I saw some other games, but didn't have enough time to get price checks.

You guys really won't find any good deals till after christmas. After that, all of january and some of feburary is all the greatest clearances of the year.

in Columbia MD they have removed the clearance section so they could stock more items. Wolverine was still in the games case, but it had a clearance sticker on it. Rats. Better when they were hidden. :)
Take Care,
Matthew

I was just in a Target in Vancouver, WA and they have the Sony PS ONE screens on clearance for $64.50. I'm almost tempted to get one even though I have one already :)

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']Simpson's Hit & Run for the Xbox - $37.99
Tony Hawk's Underground for the Xbox - $37.99[/quote]

Those aren't really clearance items. They're both part of Target's sale this week, and they're printed right on the front page of this week's ad.

:arrow: Please remember that your local Target *may not* mark clearance items with a sticker, and some do not even remove them from the glass case.

The best strategy for obtaining clearanced Target games in your area is to use the "UPC symbol trick" as documented previously in this thread.

[quote name='donssword']:arrow: Please remember that your local Target *may not* mark clearance items with a sticker, and some do not even remove them from the glass case.

The best strategy for obtaining clearanced Target games in your area is to use the "UPC symbol trick" as documented previously in this thread.[/quote]
I missed it.. could you repeat it? :oops:

Hamilton, NJ

Some temporary clearances:

F-Zero GX (GC) - 34.98
Simpsons Hit & Run (PS2) - 34.98
Tony Hawk's Underground (Xbox) - 37.??

When I scanned the UPC code for PSO Ep. 1 & 2 (GC), it came up as 14.98! Unfortunately, they don't have any in stock....

[quote name='E-Z-B']Go to page 1 of this thread, SlippyToad.[/quote]
Alright.. Thanks. There's no self-scanners at the local target though..

[quote name='Drakken']Hamilton, NJ

Some temporary clearances:

F-Zero GX (GC) - 34.98
[/quote]

This price came up at the Hayward, CA Target when I scanned it there also. Price was still marked $49.99.

I just got back from Target and found a great deal. Target (at least in the Ft. Lauderdale, FL area) is having a great sale on certain XBox Platinum Hits and a few other Gamecube games. Instead of the regular $19.99 sticker price, they are reduced to $14 BUT only until this Saturday Dec 20, 2003. Some games include:

XBox - Spiderman
XBox - Conflict Desert Storm
XBox - Ghost Recon
Gamecube - Luigi's Mansion

But there's more. When I went, both Spiderman and Conflict Desert Storm were sold out, so I asked for a rain check on each. The rain check ticket at Target reads as follows:

#################################
We apologize for being out-of-stock on the item you were looking for. Here are some options for you to consider.

PRICE RAIN CHECK

Use this to receive the advertised sales price at any Target store until 01/31/04

ITEM Description blah blah blah $14.00
Reg. $19.99 @ 30% off

CHOOSE A SUBSTITUTE

Choose a substitute and receive the same percentage off (listed above) on a regular-priced item within the same product category (i.e. TV for TV, doll for doll, shirt for shirt).
###################################

So that means you can go to Target, and until Saturday, pick any of the games listed for $14. If you don't want any of those games, find one that is sold out and ask for a rain check. Then, just use your rain check ticket to get 30% off of ANY video game.

can i use the raincheck i got today for luigi's mansion next week on an xbox game or is just until the sale ends. the raincheck says it good until 2/2/04 but do you think the csr will honor it for another game after they have luigi back instock?

just curious.
thanks

Well it says to choose a substitute. If they give you grief just go to another target (if you're within driving distance). Or tell him that you got it at another target already and they didn't have some other game that you wanted so you came back here to get it and didn't think of getting yet another raincheck. Be creative if you have to! Of course i'm always walking in thinking worst case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back