The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

East Windsor NJ

NHL 2003, $2.54

I got the last copy, BUT there are still copies in Princeton, but I can't vouch for price there.

Mace Griffin, $4.98

Saw Conflict Desert Storm (Xbox) $15
Maximum Chase (Xb0x) $15
Mace Griffin (Xbox)-$4.98

They had a bunch of other games marked $39 scanning at $29.99 nothing good though. Indy Car Racing (PS2) and Madden 2003 (PS2) was about the jist of it. They also had a ton of Syberia (Xbox) but I didn't scan them.

Just an update, for the listing of many GH/PH that were listed as $15.00 over the past week, it was actually a chainwide sale, and not a clearance. The sale is over, and most are back to the regular $19.99 pricing.

Maximum Chase is scanning at $19.99 in my area. I want it, but I think I'll wait for it to drop some more.

Also, as a head's up, don't forget to look *under* the clearance shelf at your local Target. I found a bunch of sub-$10 clearance games someone was hiding!

[quote name='ft']Maximum Chase is scanning at $19.99 in my area. I want it, but I think I'll wait for it to drop some more.

Also, as a head's up, don't forget to look *under* the clearance shelf at your local Target. I found a bunch of sub-$10 clearance games someone was hiding![/quote]

haha! now someone's gonna be looking for their stash and won't find it!

You have to find a better spot in the store to stash, like in the toy department somewhere, or in the housewares, it's all about finding a place where it won't be seen, but don't keep it in the section, the crafty will find them.

[quote name='ft']
Also, as a head's up, don't forget to look *under* the clearance shelf at your local Target. I found a bunch of sub-$10 clearance games someone was hiding![/quote]

i used to do that with toys when i was a kid and didnt have enough money at the time...man i ruled at that

I remember having to actually go through all of the aisles back when I worked retail and actually lift all of the shelves to check that people weren't stashing things under the bottom shelf of a rack of shelving. Not all stores have it, but some older shelving units actually have a bottom shelf that can be lifted up... you'd be amazed at how much stuff people tried to stash under there... Hot Wheels, stuff on clearence, etc.

Hulk XBox $7.48 or so
Maxium Chase is down to $19.99, but I didnt bother picking it up considering all the games I got recently and the ratings it has gotten.

My local Target has Unlimited Saga for $6.88. From what I've read it might only be worth about that much. Target also had two stacks of PS2 Everquest for under $5.

Megaman Network Transmission is priced at $29.99, but I'm eagerly awaiting the day when they drop the price to Target's usual amazing lows.

and it is pretty wack, but at the target in southern california, i got xenosaga on clearance for 7.48, which is the price it should be at every one

Don't know if it's been brought up but Phantasy Star Online for XBox is $10...
:shock:
Picked up the last one...Anyone see anymore Panzeer Dragoon Ortas for $7.50 at any Chicagoland Targets? Thanks!

The PSOne portable TV screen has been dropped to 32.98 (down from 129.99), Everquest for the PS2 is 4.98, Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox is 7.48, and Kya for PS2 is down to 19.99

I got my first ever Target Clearance game tonight! Mixed in with the PC games was Driver 2 Advance (GBA) marked $7.48 with an orange sticker. Having missed this when it was $10? at CC, I decided to go ahead and get it. When I scanned it, though, it was $3.74. :shock: Score! :D

I dont know if this was in there or not because I dont have time to search through 19 pages of stuff.

Anyway if you missed the KB toys sale then Silent Hill 3 is only $29.99 at my local target and the games were out of the case.

Also of note:

Backyard Hocky is 9.99 normally 19.99

It was OOS at my Target, so that would have been 50% off.

DONT OVERLOOK THE KIDDY GAMES!

:D

-Owl

I'd just like to say. MY GOD, how lucky are you guys? I never see deals like this at my local target. Well maybe I should check them all out eh? I've only checked out 3 of them. But I think there are 2 more stores near me.

The best I got was Castlevania Aria for $14.98 which isn't bad.

By the way I saw GTA double pack XBOX for $37.98 not bad.

eReader games come up on the scanner as FREE (at least pinball and DK3 did).

Good luck finding any though. Also good luck trying to walk out the door with it for that much. They didn't let me take either, but they offered them at substantial discounts. Maybe if you buy a bunch of stuff, they won't notice.

[quote name='Gamma_Metroid']Panzer Dragoon Orta was $49.99 when I went there yesterday... what a load of crap.[/quote]

Did you try scanning the game? I found a copy today and it was marked at full price behind the glass cabinet. I had a Target employee scan it, and it came up as $7.48.

If you can find them, these games should be on clearance at your local Target. They should be $7.48 or less by now.

GBA
Golden Sun (only the 1st one)
Crazy Taxi
Wolverine's Revenge
Digimon Battle Spirit (only the 1st one)

Gamecube
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
Rugrats Royal Ransom

XBOX
Kakuto Chojin
The Hulk
Pirates: Legend of Black Kat
Namco Museum

PS2
Aliens vs Predator
Piglet's Big Game

If you find any of these marked at full price behind the glass cabinet, ask the sales associate to scan the game!

[quote name='sisko']eReader games come up on the scanner as FREE (at least pinball and DK3 did).

Good luck finding any though. Also good luck trying to walk out the door with it for that much. They didn't let me take either, but they offered them at substantial discounts. Maybe if you buy a bunch of stuff, they won't notice.[/quote]

When they scan as $0.00 it does not mean they are free. This is covered earlier in the thread.

Just wanted to thank the fellow who mentioned SSX Tricky. It's definately not as good as SSX3, but considering it was $5, I feel it was WELL worth it.

So these aren't all clearance, in the sense that they're just laying around in that cheapy section, right? Some actually are BEHIND glass? Becuase SSX Tricky was out of case, and since I hadn't printed up the code, was the only reason I was able to price it and buy it.

I'll have to start printing those UPC codes out now.

~Dak

3 Stupid & Clueless employees try charging meeeh $49.99 for Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (XBOX). It Ring up $4.38 but all 3 employees said is somekind of mistake & is not on clearance cuz the Price tag is $49.99.

After waiting 10 mins. & they try ripping meeeh off an extra $45.61 + Taxes by adjusted the price up to $49.99

I try to explain but they're so SUPER DUMB to listened "They keep saying the Price tag is $49.99"

I went home w/ Empty hand but I did score 6 "Rain Check" for Madden 2004 (PC)

[quote name='Masterkyo']3 Stupid & Clueless employees try charging meeeh $49.99 for Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (XBOX). It Ring up $4.38 but all 3 employees said is somekind of mistake & is not on clearance cuz the Price tag is $49.99.

After waiting 10 mins. & they try ripping meeeh off an extra $45.61 + Taxes by adjusted the price up to $49.99

I try to explain but they're so SUPER DUMB to listened "They keep saying the Price tag is $49.99"

I went home w/ Empty hand but I did score 6 "Rain Check" for Madden 2004 (PC)[/quote]

You should have asked for a manager, or you could've created a big scene by cussing them out.

My Target (Columbia MD) does not have a clearance section for now. Also, they don't have any of the clearance games.
Just a heads up.
Take Care,
Matthew

[quote name='Masterkyo']3 Stupid & Clueless employees try charging meeeh $49.99 for Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (XBOX). It Ring up $4.38 but all 3 employees said is somekind of mistake & is not on clearance cuz the Price tag is $49.99.

I went home w/ Empty hand but I did score 6 "Rain Check" for Madden 2004 (PC)[/quote]

Wow, that sucks. You know they are obligated to give you the item for what it scans at. Haven't you ever seen those tell all stories that 20/20 or Dateline does about register scanning errors. Most of the time, things scan at more than what they are marked, in which case, unless you say something, you get ripped off, it some cases they scan for less in which case, they are obligated to sell it to you for that amount as it is their error. Same thing goes for when items are mis signed. They are obligated to sell it to you for what the sign says. I got Zone of the Enders 2 when it first came out for $14.99 at Circuit City because some employee stocked all of the ZOE2 where the first ZOE (which was on sale that week for $14.99) went. There were about 7 ZOE2 behind the $14.99 sign that said Zone of the Enders- $14.99 and not one of the first ZOE. I took it to the service desk, told them the sign said $14.99, they adjusted the price and gave it to me for that, then they went and took the sign down. I would have raised hell if I were you.

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='Masterkyo']3 Stupid & Clueless employees try charging meeeh $49.99 for Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (XBOX). It Ring up $4.38 but all 3 employees said is somekind of mistake & is not on clearance cuz the Price tag is $49.99.

Wow, that sucks. You know they are obligated to give you the item for what it scans at. Haven't you ever seen those tell all stories that 20/20 or Dateline does about register scanning errors. Most of the time, things scan at more than what they are marked, in which case, unless you say something, you get ripped off, it some cases they scan for less in which case, they are obligated to sell it to you for that amount as it is their error. Same thing goes for when items are mis signed. They are obligated to sell it to you for what the sign says. I got Zone of the Enders 2 when it first came out for $14.99 at Circuit City because some employee stocked all of the ZOE2 where the first ZOE (which was on sale that week for $14.99) went. There were about 7 ZOE2 behind the $14.99 sign that said Zone of the Enders- $14.99 and not one of the first ZOE. I took it to the service desk, told them the sign said $14.99, they adjusted the price and gave it to me for that, then they went and took the sign down. I would have raised hell if I were you.[/quote]

Too bad BB wouldn't give me THUG for free when thats what its price tag said. I kid you not $0.00 is exactly what the tag said.

Kind of OT here, but the first post in the thread points you to websites that generates UPC's for you. Is there a program out there for Palm OS that will do the same thing? That way I can just punch in the numbers and scan my Palm Pilot. It would make things a whole lot easier, but I can't seem to find one.

I would love to be able to do this on my palm!

But wouldn't the reflectiveness of the LCD screen present a problem?

Question... My target is in a mall area (northgate mall by seattle, WA), and dosn't appear to have a clearance section at all... What are the chances of the games that are posting as clearance on here, to be the same there? Seeing as Im a minor, I figure an employee would get pretty annoyed if I asked for them to take a game out of the case, have them scan it at full price, and ask me to put it back. While Im sure they'd do it, for the most part I perfer to avoid causing problems... makes things for everyone easier.

Blamo, do what is described very early (first page) of this topic: Print out the barcodes for the games you are interested in and scan them yourself at one of the price-check stations in the store.

I checked the Boise, ID Target here. No luck with any cheap clearance prices that I saw. I grabbed a few batches of their clearance gamesto price scan them, everything was still priced marked. Just wanted to pass it along for anyone else, don't know how many are in the Idaho area. :) I will try again in a week or two.

Don't know if this was posted already (you may remove it if it is), but my Target (N. Attleboro, MA) had EQ Online Adventures for $4.97. That was the only deal they had, sadly. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back