the thOTT of making a new OTT gOTT me excOTTed

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dcfox']:nottalking: Your hatred of House and Vanished really has me questioning your tastes. Vanished I can understand, it's not for everybody. But House is an amazing show and amazing is an understatement.[/QUOTE]

The reason I don't like House is because every single episode is the same. The only variation between episodes are the medical conditions and treatment, other than that there's very little to it. I am absolutely baffled as to why its as popular as it is given how downright gneeric it is.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
Someone comes in to the hospital with a mysterious disease that no one can figure out. House is put on the patient and he is puzzled with his "most shocking patient yet". Finally he figures out what it is but in order to cure it he will have to "use a shocking treatment that may be more dangerous than the disease". Everyone disagrees with him but he does it anyway and the patient is cured.
[/quote]
That has to be the offical pitch for it, I've never seen it but from the commercials alone that seems to be the plot for ever episode.

Will they get off the island this time or will Gilligan fuck it up again? Tune in tonight and see.

Then after that stay tuned in to a wacky episode where Jack misplaces the rent and the girls misunstand his money troubles. Hijinx abound with Don Knots and special guest star Burt Reynolds on Three's Company.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The reason I don't like House is because every single episode is the same. The only variation between episodes are the medical conditions and treatment, other than that there's very little to it. I am absolutely baffled as to why its as popular as it is given how downright gneeric it is.[/QUOTE]
True. The show follows pretty much the same format episode after episode with some twists thrown in now and then. A lot of shows are like that. Law & Order. Someone dies, they investigate then they go to trial. The only difference, like House, are the patients/victims and the circumstances. And yet Law & Order is one of the most successful tv brands of all time.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The reason I don't like House is because every single episode is the same. The only variation between episodes are the medical conditions and treatment, other than that there's very little to it. I am absolutely baffled as to why its as popular as it is given how downright gneeric it is.[/quote]
QFT.

Aw yeah. Tiph's back to furry.

[quote name='2poor']QFT.

Aw yeah. Tiph's back to furry.[/quote]

Respec'. The WLA brings out the worst best in everyone. :lol:

[quote name='mr ryles']you forgot to call first.[/QUOTE]

No, you don't understand.

I was going to have lasers.

And smoke machines.

[quote name='dcfox']True. The show follows pretty much the same format episode after episode with some twists thrown in now and then. A lot of shows are like that. Law & Order. Someone dies, they investigate then they go to trial. The only difference, like House, are the patients/victims and the circumstances. And yet Law & Order is one of the most successful tv brands of all time.[/QUOTE]

I won't disagree with you really about Law and Order and its "ripped from the headlines" episodes. I think Law and Order's main appeal is that in almost every episode they manage to pull off a pretty decent plot twist. With House, they try to make it seem so dramatic and questionable as to whether the patient will survive but since they never kill off the patient, that's rarely the case.

I do watch Law and Order from time to time because its an easy show to just pick up here and there and you get an entire story in 1 hour. Its the TV equivalent of a quick snack. You can just pick it up and watch an episode and know everything that's going on. You can do the same with House for the most part but it just doesn't feel the same.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I won't disagree with you really about Law and Order and its "ripped from the headlines" episodes. I think Law and Order's main appeal is that in almost every episode they manage to pull off a pretty decent plot twist. With House, they try to make it seem so dramatic and questionable as to whether the patient will survive but since they never kill off the patient, that's rarely the case.[/QUOTE] If you know there's going to be a twist, it's never really a twist.

Oh, and the patient died last week. Of course, House still "won". :lol:

[quote name='Sleepkyng']there's a tv show called "house"

what's with all the one word names these days?[/QUOTE]

Because shows like "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", while very excellent, are annoying as fuck to say the full title of.

House has never been about the patients to me. It's about the idiocy that comes out of House's mouth when he's in the clinic. My friends and I joke about the fact that it isn't 8:50 yet, so House couldn't have possibly figured it out. No, it's about the character interactions between House and everyone else. That's what brings me back to it every week.

[quote name='karsh']No, it's about the character interactions between House and everyone else. That's what brings me back to it every week.[/quote]That's it right there. I don't watch it for the medical stuff. Heck, most of it grosses me out, but when I do occasionally watch it, I do so because House is a terrific character with a great cast around him.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Because shows like "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", while very excellent, are annoying as fuck to say the full title of.[/quote]
Meh, that show's alright. Don't care to even care about House or any of the 50 Law shows on TV now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Meh, that show's alright. Don't care to even care about House or any of the 50 Law shows on TV now.[/quote]
aw
You mean you don't care for Law & Order: Comiting a crime with intent and malice? or as some call it Law & Order: CCWIM

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Man, fuck the WLA. :roll: :lol:[/QUOTE]

What? All of them?! Wow, better wrap it up real good.

[quote name='Strell']Why are we talking about shows that are obviously not The Office?[/QUOTE]
Shit, that reminds me, I need to bring back the Earlatar at some point...

[quote name='Strell']Why are we talking about shows that are obviously not The Office?[/QUOTE]
There's only one The Office show and they speak with funny accents.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is it blasting off to happy town? ;)[/quote]

I am not quite sure how to respond to that... lol

[quote name='zewone']Damn - Jim you were right about folding pocket Jacks. :cry:[/quote]

Called the "hooks" last time I checked, but that's not as bad, I always get fucked over with pocket queens, IMO I have a better chance playing with an 8 7 off-suit.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Called the "hooks" last time I checked, but that's not as bad, I always get fucked over with pocket queens, IMO I have a better chance playing with an 8 7 off-suit.[/QUOTE]
Kings always get cracked. Love my bitches though.

[quote name='zewone']Damn - Jim you were right about folding pocket Jacks. :cry:[/QUOTE]

That is a tricky hand, but I love it when another jack comes on the flop so I usually hang on to them until then. Then again, me and my friends only play 10 and 20 cent blinds and a big pre-flop raise would be a dollar so it's usually cheap to see a flop.

gah, i still have more cleaning to do before the landlord is here with the exterminator in the morning at 9am, and my back still hurts (no where near as bad as this past weekend) and I'm feeling exhausted..

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']gah, i still have more cleaning to do before the landlord is here with the exterminator in the morning at 9am, and my back still hurts (no where near as bad as this past weekend) and I'm feeling exhausted..[/quote]

Take some trucker strength caffine pills (meth and cocain) and you won't feel a thing after a bit... ;)

[quote name='fuzz']Take some trucker strength caffine pills (meth and cocain) and you won't feel a thing after a bit... ;)[/quote]

Adderall would do the trick but I'm feeling quite nauseated right now...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Shit, I think my mother may be right, I may have a kidney infection after looking at some of the symptoms...[/quote]
is that when you piss out those rocks..?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Adderall would do the trick but I'm feeling quite nauseated right now...[/quote]
Yeah I am biploar. I used to take that shit, that will mess you up bad... (it was prescribed not illegal thank you)

[quote name='fuzz']is that when you piss out those rocks..?[/quote]

That would be a kindey stone. Though one can lead to the other. But I don't have the symptoms of wanting to take a piss every 30 secs or burning urination when I do go

[quote name='captainfrizo']Does anyone care for the tentative title of the new Die Hard film - Live Free or Die Hard?

I sure as hell don't.[/quote]
I could have swore bruce willace "died hard with a vengeance" long ago

[quote name='captainfrizo']Does anyone care for the tentative title of the new Die Hard film - Live Free or Die Hard?

I sure as hell don't.[/QUOTE] I like it, if only because it's laughably bad. :lol:

[quote name='Strell']They should go with the SOAP approach.

DIE HARD WITH GUNS[/QUOTE]

That actually sounds much better (and more descriptive) than the crap title they have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back