The Thrift Store Thread 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='confoosious']How about Pokemon Gold for Gameboy Color factory sealed for $1.[/QUOTE]Nice.

Interested in selling / trading it?

At my local Salvation Army thrift store, I found the following:

Sega Genesis games (boxed with manuals)

Sonic the Hedgehog
Generations Lost
Wolfchild

$3.50 for each

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I found a bunch of stuff the other day at one of the local Salvation Army stores that likes to overprice older games.

I found the following(all for PS1):

Namco Museum Vol. 1-complete, mint-marked $4.99:bomb:
Parappa The Rapper-complete, mint-marked $4.99:bomb:
Atari Collection 2-complete, some minor surface scratches-marked $4.99:bomb:
Wild 9-complete, mint-marked $4.99:bomb:
Marvel Super Heroes-complete, mint-marked $4.99:bomb:

About the only ones I wanted were Wild 9 and/or the Atari Collection 2, but I wasn't about to pay $10 for two fuckin' PS1 games. The people running this store(it says Salvation Army on the outside, but I think it's independently run)think older games=gold.

If they're still there next week maybe I'll go back and try to haggle with them for a deal like 4/$10 or something.[/QUOTE]

Parappa the Rapper sells for like $40+ on Amazon.

I made a second stop to the SA in my area in the past week.

First time was the 23rd. I snagged a Power Rangers DinoThunder volume 3 in the "clamshell" case for $1.75. The clear plastic part had a small crack, but wasn't loose or anything. My nephews love the Power Rangers.

They had a ton of new stuff still sealed for Christmas. I ended up grabbing a 12 LED light for .75. The batteries were PenesamiG, those Chinese Panasonic ripoffs and completely dead and way too light. Luckily, the light worked well with a fresh set added.

Then today I stopped and snagged a Memorex CD player (MD6451R-BLK) for .75, player only. I tested it out at home and it sounds good and the anti-skip seems excellent. The reviews I read say the battery life sucks but eh, that's what rechargables are for.

The Thing (john carpenter) VHS $1
Friday the 13th part 7 the new blood VHS $1
U2 - joshua tree cassette - 50c
Little river band - sleeper catcher cassette $1
Bobby brown - don't be cruel CD $2
Final destination DVD $2
Sony piano black clock radio CD player with original box (newer type) $10 works great

Picked these up yesterday at a Goodwill:

black Sega Dreamcast with 2 controllers, AC adapter and AV cable $15 :D
Psychonauts (PC) ~$4

I was at the Goodwill tonight and they had PILES of sealed PC games that came from Best Buy, all for $5 each. The ones that stood out to me were Oblivion and Shivering Isles, Gothic 2, Lineage 2, but I didn't see one duplicate in any of them. Mansfield, Ohio; I'd be amazed if anyone's from around here but it would be worth checking out. I did end up with Reservoir Dogs, Mars Attacks, Evil Dead 2, Seven and Fargo for a buck each, I'm pretty happy about that. They also have a NHL '94 for SNES complete in the box, the nerd in me hates leaving it every time I'm there but I can't seem to track down a SNES.

At the Volunteers I found one of those plug-and-play Atari joysticks for a grand total 96 cents which I was thrilled about. They had a few PSX games, I didn't really look at them. No consoles tonight, boo.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Parappa the Rapper sells for like $40+ on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You're telling that to the guy who said $4.99 was overpriced for a mint copy of Marvel Super Heroes. I'd be overjoyed to find that at $4.99...

Why don't have a single post rather have 2 similar thread with same topic. Once the query is solved locking the thread is a best thing to do.

[quote name='Gamer_4_life']Why don't have a single post rather have 2 similar thread with same topic. Once the query is solved locking the thread is a best thing to do.[/QUOTE]There are two threads made just to infuriate you. We are all out to get you.

I found a copy of Contra: Legacy Of War for PS1 a couple days ago at a Salvation Army near here, but it didn't have the manual and the disc was scratched all to hell. They wanted $1.99 for it. I passed.

The case was marked '3-D' and said the game came with 3-D glasses. Were there 2 versions of LOW? I ask because I don't remember ever seeing anything mentioning the game being 3-D.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I found a copy of Contra: Legacy Of War for PS1 a couple days ago at a Salvation Army near here, but it didn't have the manual and the disc was scratched all to hell. They wanted $1.99 for it. I passed.

The case was marked '3-D' and said the game came with 3-D glasses. Were there 2 versions of LOW? I ask because I don't remember ever seeing anything mentioning the game being 3-D.[/QUOTE]

i also saw that today, but i actually picked up the game complete from there about 2 months ago. It didnt have the 3-D glasses tho. i found a bunch of ps1 games in the cd bin tho. i picked up -all complete-

Warcraft 2 Dark Saga
Crash 3 Warped
MK 3 Longbox

$1.99 each

hmm well technically i picked all this up today, but i dont see a 2010 thread, and the pawn thread doesn't have years so idk if we are starting a new one or going to keep using this one...

Well I went to the goodwill today and got everything below for 37 dollars and change, not sure how everything was priced bc much wasn't marked and computers were down, but i think i did ok, plz let me know.

Sega Genesis model 1 w/ six button controller and Fighter Stick SG-6 = marked 14.99

genesis games:
Quackshot
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Streetfighter II
Taz-mania

N64 Games:
Banjo-tooie
Turok 2
Perfect Dark

PS Games:
Invasion from Beyond -complete
Megaman X-6
Megaman 8

PS2:
Final Fantasy X
PS2 8mb memory card

Parasite Eve
Metal Gear solid
Castlevania Symphony of the night
Digmon world
RPG Maker
Mortal Kombat 4

Total: $7

well where's the '10 thread D:?

( I got a ton more awesome stuff too, S510 Logitech keyboard + receiver which I found a week later for $5 etc )

DSC03906.jpg

$1.99 @ a church run thrift store

today i got:

Mike Tyson's Punch-out NES $4
Gameboy Advance in good condition with Cruis'n Velocity game in it $5
Wavebird gamecube controller without receiver $3

Edit: Wrong thread...

Kinda-dirty Nintendo 64 with:

2 first-party controllers (1 in horrible condition)
2 third-party controllers
Power Adaptor
AV cables
Mickey's Speedway USA (Game only)
Rumble Pak
Controller Pak
All for $5.

Silver Dualshock 2- $1
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation VHS- 75 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.