The Tick (animated series) Season One on DVD

Well I guess the devil is handing out cherry flavored snow cones right now, I found a few eps on some old tapes and the show aged pretty well in my book.

it got posted a while back but i personally think this thread should be stickied. :)

The Tick (animated) owns 99% of all other TV shows

Probably the only DVD I'll pre-order all year

"Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception. "

edlund = funnay

[quote name='Kerig']$35 for a 2-disc 4.5 hour set? No thanks, Amazon.
However, DDD has it for $24.20 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

that is an awesome price

i wonder what it will go on sale for at Amazon?

just incase you didnt know its not the complete season its missing the tick vs the mole people for some unknown reason but they hope to include it on future sets

[quote name='capybara554321']just incase you didnt know its not the complete season its missing the tick vs the mole people for some unknown reason but they hope to include it on future sets[/QUOTE]

i think it was something about richard gere or cindy crawford not grating rights for likeness usage

but hopefully that will be cleared up and the ep will appear on s.2 as a bonus

i like that ep

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I've never actually seen The Tick cartoon, but I own and love the live-action version. Is this a safe blind-buy?[/quote]
If you like that travesty they called a series, then you'll love the cartoon version.

If you want to "try it out", im not sure about where you live, but here Toon Disney shows it every night at 10:30pm

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I've never actually seen The Tick cartoon, but I own and love the live-action version. Is this a safe blind-buy?[/QUOTE]

i think so, if that's your sense of humor

the animated version just has roughly 453% more 'Tick-ness' per episode

will.h.macy...definitely a no-risk blind buy here, especially if you like the tv series, you'll absolutely LOVE the cartoon series...SPOON!!!

Awww Yeah. I'll be getting that. Now if only they would release "Freakazoid" the Saturday Morning's of my childhood will rush back to me! Man what happened to Saturday Morning cartoons? They stink so bad now. Is it just me? Well anyway, SPOON!

I suppose this season set doesn't need any more testimonials at this point...

But what the hell, I love this show. :bouncy:

The animated series is the best version of the Tick I've come across. The comics were fun, but tried to be serious at times, which just didn't follow for me. The live action series did a great job of highlighting the genius of the premise (what if normal, screwed up people had super powers), but couldn't afford to blow stuff up on a regular basis. Nope, the animated series
had the best of all worlds: physically impossible enemies brought to life, threats to the earth's very survival; completely neurotic heroes and villians, the works.

Fire me boy!

So, where is everyone getting this?

Best Buy - 19.99
Circuit City - 22.99
Target - 24.99
DDD - 24.20
Amazon - 19.99
Costco - N/A

Costco apparently doesn't carry it.

Best Buy has it for $19.99?! :shock: I thought for sure it would be around $29.99

Mole Men be damned, I'll definitely buy it for that price!

-B

Wow you're right, $20 at BB. That's the cheapest I've seen. Does anybody know if they usually have new releases stocked right when the store opens?

Just picked it up since I was there, I will debate keeping it.

Though I already know I have to take it back and rebuy it, since I forgot I had that 10% off games/music/movies coupon that would save me a couple extra dollars.

[quote name='blandstalker']
Best Buy - 19.99
Circuit City - 22.99
Target - 24.99
DDD - 24.20
Amazon - 19.99
Costco - N/A
[/quote]

Updated my post above. Coscto doesn't seem to have it. Best Buy is still cheapest, along with Amazon.

[quote name='Roufuss']Only 12 episodes??

That's pretty lame.[/quote]

No argument here, though I'm in the situation you're in with Darkwing Duck and Tale Spin. I want all of the Tick on DVD. So even though this isn't perfect, or even the best value, I'm on board from day one.

[quote name='blandstalker']No argument here, though I'm in the situation you're in with Darkwing Duck and Tale Spin. I want all of the Tick on DVD. So even though this isn't perfect, or even the best value, I'm on board from day one.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I just don't think I can drop even $20 on only 12 episodes, espically when I just got Darkwing Duck and Talespin for $20 a piece and those have 25 - 27 eps.

A few more episodes and I probably would have gone for it, like 18 or 20.

I didn't realize the show also had 36 or so episodes, 35 of which are going to DVD. You think they would have just crammed them all into one release and charge $40 or so for it, or at least done 18 and 18.

[quote name='Roufuss']Only 12 episodes??

That's pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya! Normally I'd be all over this, but CAG has made me into one hell of a CheapAss!

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't know, I just don't think I can drop even $20 on only 12 episodes, espically when I just got Darkwing Duck and Talespin for $20 a piece and those have 25 - 27 eps.

A few more episodes and I probably would have gone for it, like 18 or 20.

I didn't realize the show also had 36 or so episodes, 35 of which are going to DVD. You think they would have just crammed them all into one release and charge $40 or so for it, or at least done 18 and 18.[/quote]
Yeah, I have reconsidered and it's likely the Tick will be going back to Best Buy. I can't really justify dropping $20 on 250 minutes of the Tick when I put $20 each on 600+ minutes of Darkwing Duck and Talespin. Does not compute.

Eh, Venture Brothes was like $15-$20 for roughly the same amount of episodes. As long as the quality is there, I don't mind in the least.

[quote name='evilmax17']Eh, Venture Brothes was like $15-$20 for roughly the same amount of episodes. As long as the quality is there, I don't mind in the least.[/quote]
I'm still on the bubble. It's just that in relation to the other two purchases today, it's out of control. But relative to other sets, it's not bad at all. I'll buy TMNT seasons at $10 all day long, and they only have a couple hours of shows.

Buena Vista is just gonna feel my wrath if they decide to rerelease Season 1 in a year or so with all 13 episodes instead of adding the missing episode to Season 2.

While it's tough to quantify that, I have *real* trouble buying a movie DVD for 15-20 bucks, when I can get entire series of TV shows for 15-30 [Xena, 22 44 minute long episodes, not 12 22 minute long episodes.]

Wow, I wasn't even thinking about price, the only thing I was thinking was "Holy crap, The Tick on DVD? It must be mine!". Thus I will have it in hand this afternoon.

[quote name='botticus']I'm still on the bubble. It's just that in relation to the other two purchases today, it's out of control. But relative to other sets, it's not bad at all. I'll buy TMNT seasons at $10 all day long, and they only have a couple hours of shows.

Buena Vista is just gonna feel my wrath if they decide to rerelease Season 1 in a year or so with all 13 episodes instead of adding the missing episode to Season 2.[/QUOTE]

agree

adding mole men to s2 box as a bonus is the way to go

bread's done
Back