The Toshiba notebook Best Buy BF deal

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was curious if anyone actually has the Toshiba L35-s2151 notebook and how it is?
Also how quickly will these disappear from BB on BF? Will I need to be there at the 5:00 am opening to get a chance at it?

You are going to probably need to be there well before 5 to get it. People tend to go crazy over these types of items. The only good thing is that it was not put into the ad and they are supposed to have a lot of them.

My sister and I are both going to try and get one and are definately going to make sure we are near the front of the line. It may not be the greatest laptop but it will serve both our needs so it is worth waiting in line to get.

don't bother, i just got back from best buy empty handed. In one word i can describe their black friday deals: scam.

[quote name='Wilbur']don't bother, i just got back from best buy empty handed. In one word i can describe their black friday deals: scam.[/QUOTE]

its not really a scam... you weren't ripped off. If they only have a certain amount, then they only have a certain amount.

If you heard my story, you'd agree. They gave me the wrong computer, thinking it was the one on the ad and when i got to the register after waiting in line, they told me i had the wrong one. They also said they sold out of it within 5 minutes of being open, which is funny, because i was one of the first 10 people running in the door. I did everything right, and waited outside for 6 hours for nothing because of their employees fuck ups.

if you're wondering which computer, go here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116233

That's when you call a manager over and get the next higher-up model that they have in-store for the same price. It WAS their screw up, after all.

That's what i'm going to try tomarrow, and if that doesn't work, i'll call the better business bureau. Anybody have any suggestions on what to say exactly? I want to sound as persuasive as possible without raising my voice or anything.

[quote name='Wilbur']That's what i'm going to try tomarrow, and if that doesn't work, i'll call the better business bureau. Anybody have any suggestions on what to say exactly? I want to sound as persuasive as possible without raising my voice or anything.[/QUOTE]

There isn't much you can do or the BBB can do anything about it, yea they fucked up, but your here now instead of the store...once you leave and haven't faught for it, then your SoL ...sorry dude.

I did fight for it, they just kept saying there was nothing they could do. I couldn't have done much more. The place was packed and none of the employees knew what they were doing. All i've learned from this is, if you want a good deal on black friday, you have to become one of those shitty people that throws everyone out of the way just to save a few hundred dollars, and to me, it's not worth it to lower myself to their level.

If you can suggest another way to get a well priced PC before christmas, please do, because i promised my sister i'd help her make her a video, and that's why i was hoping on this computer.

[quote name='Wilbur']I did fight for it, they just kept saying there was nothing they could do. I couldn't have done much more. The place was packed and none of the employees knew what they were doing. All i've learned from this is, if you want a good deal on black friday, you have to become one of those shitty people that throws everyone out of the way just to save a few hundred dollars, and to me, it's not worth it to lower myself to their level.

[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet you money that 95% of the employees on duty are NEW/Seasonal employees...meaning all they told is that it gets crazy and thats it. There is no special training, they barely keep the employees informed about the specials as they don't want them to know about it too early. Wednesday's stock is usually what you see on Friday.

[quote name='Wilbur']I did fight for it, they just kept saying there was nothing they could do. I couldn't have done much more. The place was packed and none of the employees knew what they were doing. All i've learned from this is, if you want a good deal on black friday, you have to become one of those shitty people that throws everyone out of the way just to save a few hundred dollars, and to me, it's not worth it to lower myself to their level.

If you can suggest another way to get a well priced PC before christmas, please do, because i promised my sister i'd help her make her a video, and that's why i was hoping on this computer.[/QUOTE]

thats the fun of black friday. you get to see how many people you can trample.

there was tons you could done. Demand to talk to a manager or even call the 888 best buy line right there in line. I wouldnt give a Flying #$# how backed up the line it caused. if i stood outside for all those hours.

you have no chance now cause anyone could walk in tomorrow and say "I was given the wrong computer and now i demand you do something today:

If they checked the security tapes, my story would hold up. Would they ever be willing to do that?

I know it's a long shot, but maybe?

if they passed out tickets, and you held onto the ticket you could show that indeed you were one of the first in line and got assed out anyways. failint that you are out of luck, of course this is all about a week ago so too late imo.

[quote name='keithp']That's when you call a manager over and get the next higher-up model that they have in-store for the same price. It WAS their screw up, after all.[/quote]

This guy was 100% right. I went to the store, told my story, and they hooked me up with an opened box emachines with all of the accessories and a wireless mouse and keyboard, because the dude felt bad about what happened. :applause: Good job Best Buy.

bread's done
Back