The Toys R Us Clearance Thread: Itz now da Summa 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
With blessings from the big man himself...

The Toys R US clearance deals, much like the Target ones, are very YMMV. As a result of that - and the fact that the board is currently littered with TRU clearance sales - it's time to try something new.

The CAG Toys R Us Clearance Thread

The goal is to have this thread modeled after the current Target clearance thread (and its predecessor), so the basic rules are the same...

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

-----
This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

-----
[quote name='shrike4242']If you hunt around through the forums and look for posts by tubtub and benboxer (our resident TRU folk), they've said that any TRU price ending in .98 can be a "variable" price, where one store has it for 5.98, while another has it for 7.98 and another for 3.98. The .98 is a "regional" price, for lack of a better term. Anything ending in .95 and .99 are chain-wide, from what I've seen from them.[/quote]

That should do it for the first post. Good luck, everyone!

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']South Bay TRU in Boston, MA

Fatal Frame 2 $11.98
Arc the Lad Collection $6.48
Drake $2.98
Sword of Mana $10.98
Virtua Tennis $3
Beyond Good and Evil $4.98

Plenty of Drakes available, even after some guy hoarded a bunch.[/quote]

How many FF2's and Arcs were there?[/quote]

Just checked my local TRU. Seemed to be a few good deals, but the prices on here seem on the low side with regard to PS2 titles such as Soul Calibur 2 and Arc the Lad ($8.98 locally).

I ended up buying R-Type Final for $15. Store also had 2 copies of Amplitude (PS2) for $19.99 green tagged ($6).

I picked up Red Alert 2 (PC) for $3, as well as Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga (PC) for $12 ($39.99 green tag), and a Soic Action 4 pack (4 sega PC games featuring Sonic) for $3. Probably not the best of deals, but oh well.

A few games like Hitman 2 (PS2, GH) were listed at $6.98. Not much on GC to speak of.. perhaps maybe Gladius (GC) at $39.99 greentag was decent.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']South Bay TRU in Boston, MA

Fatal Frame 2 $11.98
Drake $2.98
Sword of Mana $10.98
Virtua Tennis $3

How many FF2's and Arcs were there?[/quote][/quote]

that ARC is for the ps2 right not the ARC for ps1. Cause if that was for ps1 that would been a major find

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']South Bay TRU in Boston, MA

Fatal Frame 2 $11.98
Drake $2.98
Sword of Mana $10.98
Virtua Tennis $3

How many FF2's and Arcs were there?[/quote][/quote]

1 Fatal Frame II and like 3 Arc the Lads TOS.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see your post earlier.

Made a nice little trip over to the TRU in Nanuet, NY and this is what I got....

Nothing great...

True Crime-GC-(PC)-$19.99
Bomberman Generations-GC-$5.98
R-Type-PS2-$14.95
Serious Sam-XBOX-$6.00
UFC: Tapout 2-$9.00
Arc the Lad-PS2-$15.98
Fatal Frame 2-PS2-$7.98
Castlevania LOI-PS2-$6.48
Drake-Xbox-$4.98
Balder Gate:DA-GC-$5.48
Rallisport Challenge-XBOX-(PH)-$8.48
Swoard of Mana-GBA-$12.98
Mad Maestro!-PS2-$3.00

And the best one of the day...

Turok: Evolution-XBOX-$1.48.

A buck fifty is the cheapest I have ever paid for a game, even if it does suck, I got a nice green dvd case for it!

St. Charles, IL
(Rt 64, west of Rt 59)

PS2
SOCOM w/ Headset (Green Tagged $39.99) for $12 (Got the last One! :p )

Siren $ 7.48
RE CVX $3.48
Fatal Frame II $12.48
Arc: Twilights $7.48
Smuggler's Run $5.48
XIII $3.48
8 MB Intec Memory Expansion $3.48

GBA
Sword of Mana $8.98
Starter Kit w/battery pack (Green Tagged $11.98) $3.48

Nothing good that I noticed for XBox or GC.

PS1 LCD's were all gone.
PS1 Combo $85

Will be hitting Elgin, IL later this week and will Update.

[quote name='zombieman']

A buck fifty is the cheapest I have ever paid for a game, even if it does suck, I got a nice green dvd case for it![/quote]

What kind of hub did the game case have? Did it have a "yin-yang" type or the tri-triangle one? I need to switch some of my cases since I hate the tri-triangle ones :evil:

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='zombieman']

A buck fifty is the cheapest I have ever paid for a game, even if it does suck, I got a nice green dvd case for it![/quote]

What kind of hub did the game case have? Did it have a "yin-yang" type or the tri-triangle one? I need to switch some of my cases since I hate the tri-triangle ones :evil:[/quote]

Now THERE'S a picky collector!

Thanks for the heads up...
These are the games I came up on:

Parappa the rapper 2 (PS2) 6.00
Deception III: Dark Delusion (PS1) 4.47
Wild Arms 3 (PS2) 9.00
XIII (PS2) 5.48
Trvial Pursuit (PS2) 6.98
SeaBlade (Xbox) 3.29
Legends of Wrestling II (xbox) 5.98
Vectorman 2 (Genesis) 4.98
TRU is now selling the Green tag games 70% off.
I also got a Soul Calibur 2 strategy guide Limited Edition w/ Soundtrack for free - Cashier forgot to ring it up. It would have been 7.50. (just noticed)

[quote name='oper00']I need to switch some of my cases since I hate the tri-triangle ones :evil:[/quote]

I've actually found that the ying-yang cases occasionally let go of the disc, allowing it to rattle around inside the case and scratch itself. I prefer the triangular prongs myself because I've never had any of my discs come loose inside the triangle cases.

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='zombieman']

What kind of hub did the game case have? Did it have a "yin-yang" type or the tri-triangle one? I need to switch some of my cases since I hate the tri-triangle ones :evil:[/quote]

It is a tri-triangle, but that raises a good question. Do all cases of the same game contain the same exact case, meaning the same hub?

Wow, it looks like there's so much variations of prices between stores, at Rochester, MN

Xbox-

Tenchu $3.50
Drake $3.50
Max Payne 2 $5
Unreal 2 The Awakening $5
Maximum Chase $5

PS2-

Turok Evolution $5
Soul Calibur $5
Mad Maestro $3
Chaos Legion $5

DC-

Jet Grind Radio $3

Thousand Oaks, CA

MGS2 Substance:XBOX $14.58 green tag for 75 percent off

Turok XBOX $2.58

MGS TTS $19.99

XIII Ps2 6.68

[quote name='King Bahamut']Toys 'R Us NYC (Union Square) closing, all games 30% off...at least I heard, can someone verify this?[/quote]

This is true, however they no longer give you 50% or 70% off of green tagged items. Only 30% off on videogames. That sucks!!!

[quote name='BULL_Ship']Thousand Oaks, CA

MGS2 Substance:XBOX $14.58 green tag for 75 percent off[/quote]

Whoa dude, did you PAY 14.58? Local GameCrazy has this for like six or seven bucks.. used, of course.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='BULL_Ship']Thousand Oaks, CA

Whoa dude, did you PAY 14.58? Local GameCrazy has this for like six or seven bucks.. used, of course.[/quote]

Dude, thats probably the price before the discount. I bet he payed no more than $5

[quote name='BABETOOTH'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='BULL_Ship']Thousand Oaks, CA

Whoa dude, did you PAY 14.58? Local GameCrazy has this for like six or seven bucks.. used, of course.[/quote]

Dude, thats probably the price before the discount. I bet he payed no more than $5[/quote]

You are correct sir

My TRU still had 1 copy of XIII left for $5.48

Earlier last week I picked up Soul Calibur II (PS2) for $3.48 and did a PM BB and CC and got more copies there for $1.83 each.

Today I went back to TRU and picked up some stuff that I'm not sure what to do with yet:

Chaos Legion (PS2) $5.48 (after regular markdown)
Gran Turismo 2 (PS1) $2.09 (after green tag)
Mega Man X5 (PS1) $5.99 (after green tag)
Baldur's Gate: DA (GC) $4.48 (after regular markdown)
Summer Jampack 2003 (PS2) $1.50 (after green tag)
Winter Jampack 2003 (PS2) $2.40 (after green tag)
Primal (PS2) $4.49 (after green tag)

And the best one of all was Siren for $5.48 (after regular markdown) and then I went to BB and did a PM and got it for $2.03!

I didn't really see any green tagged PS2/Xbox/GC games at my TRU, but Kennesaw GA TRU has tons of copies of Perfect Dark for $4.90 plus clearance discount making it $1.47, they had one copy of Conkers Bad Fur day which I grabbed. Also had Castlevania Aria of Sarrow for around $8.98 and at least one copy of DoAXBV for $20.

You guys have to realize when I went to my TRU some of the prices that were tagged are wrong.

Anything that seemed to end in .48 or .98 seemed to scan for a cheaper price at the register if it was above $10. I found this very interesting (and was also told by the TRU cashier that you hafta take the games to the register to scan them if you want to see if something is greentagged, the regular scan gun wouldn't tell him).

here's my haul from today.

truguides.jpg

:D

unfortunately the store was pretty cleaned out, game-wise. it was pretty cool though, this store actually had signs advertising the sale('select guides only $00.01') and other green tag items. anyone know if this is a freak occurance or a new sale?

[quote name='Blues']I didn't really see any green tagged PS2/Xbox/GC games at my TRU, but Kennesaw GA TRU has tons of copies of Perfect Dark for $4.90 plus clearance discount making it $1.47, they had one copy of Conkers Bad Fur day which I grabbed. Also had Castlevania Aria of Sarrow for around $8.98 and at least one copy of DoAXBV for $20.[/quote]

they had castlevania : AOS there? i was there the other day and didnt see it, but i shall go back tomorow. the one in duluth has tons of stuff

[quote name='3QGojo']My TRU throws away the guides when they go for $0.01[/quote]

Correction, the back covers are ripped off and then they are thrown away...;-)

I hear that we only pay for the ones that we actually sell.

I went to my local tru and I asked the clerk if they had any psone lcd screens still available hey said they are priced $23.98 and I told him if I can see one and he said, it up their and I would need a ladder to get it so I said forget about it. So would it be 70% off from that price or is that its regular price?

I know the prices here are YMMV, but are the green tags in the TRU system or is that YMMV as well?

Reason being, I checked Mafia for XBox and it showed a price tag of 24.99 but when the clerk scanned it at the register it came up $12.48 with no further discount. However, the signs around the store all say Green Tag items are 70% off.

Just curious cuz someone had mentioned seeing Mafia for $3.80 I think which makes sense if it is 70% off the price of 12.48.

Thanks OP for centralizing the TRU clearance!

[quote name='ryosnk']I went to my local tru and I asked the clerk if they had any psone lcd screens still available hey said they are priced $23.98 and I told him if I can see one and he said, it up their and I would need a ladder to get it so I said forget about it. So would it be 70% off from that price or is that its regular price?[/quote]

The PSOne screen is not a green tag item. It is just clearanced at that price. $23 for a screen that retailed for $129 is a hell of a deal. I bought one and now my only regret is not having a PsOne system to attach to it. It will stand on it's own and with a radioshack cable it works with all the new systems too!

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='ryosnk']I went to my local tru and I asked the clerk if they had any psone lcd screens still available hey said they are priced $23.98 and I told him if I can see one and he said, it up their and I would need a ladder to get it so I said forget about it. So would it be 70% off from that price or is that its regular price?[/quote]

The PSOne screen is not a green tag item. It is just clearanced at that price. $23 for a screen that retailed for $129 is a hell of a deal. I bought one and now my only regret is not having a PsOne system to attach to it. It will stand on it's own and with a radioshack cable it works with all the new systems too![/quote]

Thanks. :D

[quote name='ryosnk']I went to my local tru and I asked the clerk if they had any psone lcd screens still available hey said they are priced $23.98 and I told him if I can see one and he said, it up their and I would need a ladder to get it so I said forget about it. So would it be 70% off from that price or is that its regular price?[/quote]

Unbelieveably awful customer service.

did the employee really tell you that you would need a ladder to get it? he didn't offer to grab a ladder and snag it for you?

[quote name='Gojtron'][quote name='ryosnk']I went to my local tru and I asked the clerk if they had any psone lcd screens still available hey said they are priced $23.98 and I told him if I can see one and he said, it up their and I would need a ladder to get it so I said forget about it. So would it be 70% off from that price or is that its regular price?[/quote]

Unbelieveably awful customer service.[/quote]

Someone posted the UPC somewhere on one of the TRU threads...scan that and get the price. Or tell him to get the friggin ladder, lazy arse.

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Gojtron'][quote name='ryosnk']I went to my local tru and I asked the clerk if they had any psone lcd screens still available hey said they are priced $23.98 and I told him if I can see one and he said, it up their and I would need a ladder to get it so I said forget about it. So would it be 70% off from that price or is that its regular price?[/quote]

Someone posted the UPC somewhere on one of the TRU threads...scan that and get the price. Or tell him to get the friggin ladder, lazy arse.[/quote]

Ask him if you can borrow the ladder to get one, then after you toss it down to him and he sets it aside, give him the flying elbow off the top of the ladder. :twisted:

[quote name='darkwingduck13'][quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Gojtron'][quote name='ryosnk']I went to my local tru and I asked the clerk if they had any psone lcd screens still available hey said they are priced $23.98 and I told him if I can see one and he said, it up their and I would need a ladder to get it so I said forget about it. So would it be 70% off from that price or is that its regular price?[/quote]

Someone posted the UPC somewhere on one of the TRU threads...scan that and get the price. Or tell him to get the friggin ladder, lazy arse.[/quote]

Ask him if you can borrow the ladder to get one, then after you toss it down to him and he sets it aside, give him the flying elbow off the top of the ladder. :twisted:[/quote]

Agree'deded.

I've always had great customer service at my TRU, I go there every week to check out the deals.

I know the cashiers there by name (Mike, Hannah, and Shawn) and they've always been really nice to me, even when I bug them to price check 10 items or so. :)

My TRU has some price scanner things that you can just stick games under to find out how much they are. No need for bothering our buddy workers hehe

[quote name='mofo1115']My TRU has some price scanner things that you can just stick games under to find out how much they are. No need for bothering our buddy workers hehe[/quote]

My TRU has all their price scanners outside of the RZone area where the games are. Every game is tagged with electronic tags that go off when you try to take a game past the sensors so no way to scan them.

I did see Blood Rayne on sale at my TRU for $3.48 and our green tags in CT are still 70% off.

Elgin, IL
Spring Hill Mall
Rt 72 and Rt 31

Not a lot of good finds.

PS2
RE: CVX $2.98
La Pucelle $16.98 (Got Last One)
Wild Arms 3 (Green Tagged $29.99)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance $7.48
XIII $6.48
Siren $10.48
Silent Hill 3 $19.95

PSX Saga Frontier 2 - $29.99 Green Tagged

Intec Game Cube Battery Pak $9.99 Green Tagged

Will try to get St. Charles to price adjust to their clearance price on LaPucelle of $7.48 - Update - Successful!

[quote name='csidegamer']Will try to get St. Charles to price adjust to their clearance price on LaPucelle of $7.48[/quote]

Question on this. Can you adjust this even if they don't have it in stock? How many days do you have to do this? I might be doing the exact same thing as you.

I need the link to the list of SKU pictures someone made a while back.....not sure if it was in the Target or TRU thread, but it would be a great help. I want to use em at the in-store price checkers. Thanks.

Just went to my local TRU (MI, Shelby).. not that great of a selection. Saw Eternal Darkness priced at 49.99 with 70% off, alot of sports games for the DC & PS2. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver was the only other non sports game which was 14.99 with 70% off.

Troy (?), MI
Oakland Mall

Almost everything that they had at the store has been reported in the topic already, and I didn't pay as much attention as I should have.

XII was $5.48, and they had copies of Arc the Lad, Primal, BG&E, Ico, and a few others for the PS2 sitting around. Some of them were green tagged, but nothing new or incredibly exciting.

The only GBA game on the clearance tables was Space Invaders, most definitely not worth its $12 price. I forgot to look at the Xbox and Cube games. >_<

There were still green tags on games, and they were still 70% off.

The best deal I found in the store? Simpsons action figures for $3 each. It may actually be a new series of sorts; all of the characters were major ones - Homer, Bart, Burns, Krusty, Flanders, Barney...

I found Legends of Wrestling: Showdown (XB) for $9.99. The PS2 version was $15.98, which isn't bad either.

I also nabbed three first-party PSOne LCDs for $15.98 each. As well as some of the more common clearance games (Drake, XIII, La Pucelle, Chaos Legion, Unreal 2, and a few others).

-DM

i got some good deals last night.

psone + lcd screen = 39.98
la pucelle (ps2) = 8.48
gladius (ps2) = 7.98
arc the lad (ps2) = 8.48
unreal II (xb) = 6.48

Picked up the following yesterday in Westport, CT:

PS2
Arc the Lad - 5.48
Chaos Legion - 6.98
Devil May Cry - 6.00
Mark of Kri - 4.49
Samurai Warriors - 9.48
Siren - 4.48
Xenosaga - 3.98

XB
Unreal Championship - 2.99
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions - 6.00

GBA
Sword of Mana - 10.98

Question on this. Can you adjust this even if they don't have it in stock? How many days do you have to do this? I might be doing the exact same thing as you.

I hope so, as St. Charles is out for $7.48

Last night I snagged LOTR: Return of the King for GCN for $9.90! They also had Katamari Damacy for PS2 for $19.99. Probably not a great deal on Katamari, but the game is getting harder and harder to find. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back