The Truman Show

caggamers

CAG Veteran
I'm probably near the end of the road when it comes to speculation about the nature of reality. Without direct experience it is next to impossible to be sure of any answers. Philosopher David Hume was correct in assessing the problem of inductive reasoning; that the sun actually may not rise tomorrow. The ME has shown me that I could be wrong about anything I feel certain about.

Example: The physical world may have always existed within an immaterial and eternal mind. This solves the infinite regress and ex nihilo problems in one shot. This world may be a simulation or a dream and there is no way to be certain of either. It could be a dream about being simulated emanating from a complex mind in a different physical world than this one. I could wake from this dream into another simulation, into another dream, or into a physical world that functions entirely in a materialistic way. This line of thinking could be an endless fractal leading the thinker into insanity.

What do I know for certain right now? That the ME is changing reality and that the past is not fixed. That reality appears to be mirroring our thoughts at times in a supernatural way. It seems to mock at times which is definitely not intentionally coming from the conscious mind. If so, this could be a form of gaslighting or punishment coming from another source.

Reality seems to want things from people. It wants you to play along with all the bullshit scripts, and to follow the life plan it has for you, no matter if it's positive or negative. This seems like what would happen in a prison term. Different people may have different life sentences with different severity. They actively alter and reset aspects of the past, which would indicate a virtual reality prison of sorts, one which is constantly tracking you and keeping you on a tight leash.

The people in your life may be there to keep you in line, to frustrate you as a form of punishment, or to mirror behaviors you need to witness and process due to possible misbehavior on your part in a past life when you were a part of the other world, which is possibly the "real" world. Like a black mirror episode.

So what does the matrix want from you? It wants your attention, your anger, it wants you to see the injustice and fight against it (even though it is often manufactured, thus fake), it wants you feeling inadequate, it wants you to see how much better some people have it than you so that you will feel bad, and it wants you to see how much worse it could be so that you feel bad. It wants you desperately clinging to this false reality, wanting justice, wanting a certain outcome only to be denied.

Strategy: If this is a simulation, then don't cooperate, test the reactions of NPCs to unpredictable situations, and try to wake from the sim if we are like Neo, or crash the server if we are A.I.

If this is a dream then wake the fuck up. Don't cooperate with the dream script, see if you can change the dream by not believing anything.

If this is the Truman Show then realize that potentially everyone is an actor. They want Truman following Christof's script, so don't cooperate. There is a greater reality, find the door to the way out.

If the world is like the show The Good Place, then again try to not cooperate, since everything might be one giant gaslight. We may be reset constantly and have our memories wiped, so try to hold on to your memories, and trust your gut reactions when things don't feel right.

If we live in a materialist world then life is what we are told by the system, so it is essentially meaningless. There is no strategy for this situation since the entire experience is pointless. This is the least likely of all possibilities and has no solution.

bread's done
Back