The UNOFFICIAL NCAA Basketball Pool: CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
POOL HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FREE ENTRY POOL FOR YOUR NCAA FIX!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods' note about this pool:
This pool is not officially endorsed by CAG and should be participated in at your own risk. CAG Trader FB should not be left for games sent as a result of this pool. For any issues related to this pool, please contact the OP, as he's the responsible party for this.

Please read:

This game-swap pool is neither sactioned or supported by Cheapassgamer.com. I, briansraregames, take full responsibility for the operation and management of this pool. I will not be a participant in the pool. We will operate on the honor system only. This means that you are on your honor and promise to send your games out promptly to the winning participants who choose your game(s). Please do not participate unless you are fully aware of the risks involved with participating in a pool such as this. SINCE IT IS NOT SANCTIONED BY CAG, NO FEEDBACK OF ANY KIND WILL BE LEFT FOR THIS POOL.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE MODS REGARDING THIS POOL, THEY HAVE PLENTY OF OTHER STUFF TO ATTEND TO. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DIRECT THEM TO ME PERSONALLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Super Bowl pool was so much fun that I'm going to give the NCAA brackets a go! Here's how it works:

To enter the pool you must pledge a game (PS2, XBOX, GAMECUBE, DS, PSP) with a minimum retail value of $20 The games must be in good condition, and include their original cases and instruction manuals.

For each game you pledge (Max of 3 per person) you will get an entry into the field of 65.

Once all 65 spots are filled, teams will be randomly assigined to the entrants from the list of teams in the tournament (To be determined on 3/11/07.)

Then we will watch the games!

Prizes will be awarded in the following manner:

Sweet 16 - 2 picks
Great 8 - 2 Picks
Final Four - 2 Picks
Championship Game - 2 Picks
National Championship Winner - 5 Picks

The prizes do stack, so a player with a team in the final four would win 6 games total, the champion would get 13 games total.

THE OVERALL WINNER WOULD GET THE FIRST FIVE SELECTIONS FROM THE PRIZE POOL. After that, prizes would be awarded to the others in a draft style setting, similar to how it went in the Superbowl pool, with the order determined by the number of points scored in a particular round.

It would then be the responsibility of each participant in the pool to send out their pledged games to the winning people.

OK, so let's get this thing going! Post or PM me with your entry!

Here's the list of current participants:

CURRENT PLAYERS:

1. Romis - Jak II Ps2 NEW
2. Romis - Burnout 3: Takedown ps2
3. Schuerm - Gunpey DS + Sigma Star Saga GBA
4. Schuerm - Tales of Phantasia
5. Schuerm - Metroid Prime 1 & 2
6. Gwaki - Spiderman 2 PSP
7. Gojtron - Castlevania DOS DS
8. Gojtron - Meteos DS
9. csidegamer - Mario & Luigi GBA new
10. Chaotic Climax - King Kong XB360
11. Jedi1979 - Meteos DS
12. Jedi1979 - Deep Labryinth DS
13. Jedi1979 - Atelier Iris 2 PS2
14. Naes - Polarium DS (+True Swing Golf DS Contributed by Briansraregames)
15. Stag8603 - Godfather XBOX
16. Stag8603 - COD2 XB360
17. Blade - Ridge Racer PSP
18. Blade - The Con PSP
19. Rowe - Star Wars Jedi Academy XBOX
20. Rowe - Monopoly Party XBOX
21. doc005 - game TBD
22. doc005 - game TBD
23. doc005 - game TBD

MAN! I'm usually great in the NCAA tourney picks, but I just CAN'T risk a game. Good luck to all of those who enter.

Im in with (all complete) (Let me know if Phantasia won't work)

Tales of Phantasia
The Minish Cap
Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

[quote name='schuerm26']Im in with (all complete) (Let me know if Phantasia won't work)

Tales of Phantasia
The Minish Cap
Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes[/quote]

got it.

Kinda doubtful because I'm good at picking and would prefer on merit rahter than luck, but odds aren't too bad.

Castlevania:Dawn of Sorrows
Meteos
Battalion Wars

[quote name='Gojtron']Kinda doubtful because I'm good at picking and would prefer on merit rahter than luck, but odds aren't too bad.

Castlevania:Dawn of Sorrows
Meteos
Battalion Wars[/quote]

I put you down for the 2 ds games, but Battalion wars only retails for $15 so that one would not qualify.

[quote name='jmercado316']I'm in with the following games:
-NCAA Baseball 06 (XBOX)
-X-Men Legends (XBOX)

All complete in excellent condition[/quote]

I'm sorry but those games would not qualify.

Why not make another pool that's lower risk? You know, games that aren't worth as much... But make the pool smaller on that one...

eh what the hell

I'm in with Hitman: Blood Money for Xbox 360
good condition, box & manual

I have a feeling I'm going to end up with some 16th seed...ugh

im down for 3 spots...let me know if these games are good enough, all sealed, Deep Lybrinth DS, Meteos DS, Atelier Iris 2 PS2

[quote name='Jedi1979']im down for 3 spots...let me know if these games are good enough, all sealed, Deep Lybrinth DS, Meteos DS, Atelier Iris 2 PS2[/quote]

got it

I've included a link to this thread in my tradelist as well. Hopefully this will get some more people involved since not many people check this forum. However, since forum rules don't allow the bumping of a trade thread more than once a day by the OP, could you guys bump it for me if you get a chance? Thanks!

Uh, not so fast.

We're trying to decide if we'll allow another pool that isn't sponsored by CAG/CheapyD running amuck, after a few complaints we've had about the last one for the Superbowl.

I wouldn't get things too quickly started just yet.

I take it Polarium isn't good enough :D

Thanks anyway :p
[quote name='briansraregames']I've included a link to this thread in my tradelist as well. Hopefully this will get some more people involved since not many people check this forum. However, since forum rules don't allow the bumping of a trade thread more than once a day by the OP, could you guys bump it for me if you get a chance? Thanks![/quote]

Sweeeeet, I can't believe I'm pumped even though I'm going to lose a game probably :lol:

Knowing my luck, I'll get like a 7th or 8th seed...

Thanks a lot for letting me enter, Brian. Sorry that you had to drop out though!
[quote name='briansraregames']I have removed myself as a participant, hopefully that will be good enough to convince the mods to let this pool continue.[/quote]

I wasnt in the Super Bowl one, is that one finishing ok? I don't want to get involved in some train wreck where nobody sends anything

[quote name='Guapo77']I wasnt in the Super Bowl one, is that one finishing ok? I don't want to get involved in some train wreck where nobody sends anything[/quote]

As far as I know, everybody who was in the SB pool sent their games (Except for Sarausagi, who is apparently making good now.) Don't worry man, everything should work out fine.

I'll give this a go. I've got The Godfather for original Xbox. Would Call of Duty 2 for the 360 be okay? I'll try and find at least one more but if I don't, that's all.

[quote name='stag8603']I'll give this a go. I've got The Godfather for original Xbox. Would Call of Duty 2 for the 360 be okay? I'll try and find at least one more but if I don't, that's all.[/quote]

I put you down for those 2.

Ridge Racer PSP new
The Con PSP new

Good enough for two spots eh? If not, let me know and I'll offer something else.

sorry I'm going to bow out, I didn't see all the disclaimer notices and such
I trust it will go well, but really don't want to go through the possible nonsense

[quote name='briansraregames']we'll be ok, have faith young Jedi[/QUOTE]

A suggestion - if, for some reason, you only end up with 32 players you could assign 1 (random) 1-8 seed and 1 (random) 9-16 seed to each person. Just an idea ;). I'm sorting out what I want to contribute. I was just about to look for Frisky's pool which had volunteer prizes and merit-based picks. I won a game last year so I was going to contribute this year. This could be fun too, though, unless you end up with a 16 seed :lol:. Actually, anyone with an 11+ seed will pretty much be out of the running from the beginning.

[quote name='Jedi1979']hmm...we may not have enough participants when the time comes:cry:[/quote]

[quote name='io']This could be fun too, though, unless you end up with a 16 seed :lol:. Actually, anyone with an 11+ seed will pretty much be out of the running from the beginning.[/quote]

Why not use a free bracket service like yahoo? You can have up to 250 people in a private group and might have better luck getting more people. Some folks might not wanna risk any game only to be stuck with Arkansas St.

I'm going to cancel this pool guys, there just doesn't seem to be enough interest. If someone else wants to take over or do something else, go for it.

Are you sure you want to give up so early? Seems like there's still plenty of time for people to sign up. I would guess most people just haven't seen it yet. The Superbowl contests drew quite a lot of people.

Thanks for putting it (and the free one) together either way, even if you're definitely cancelling.

I really don't want to see it die, but to be honest, it's kind of boring when I can't participate in it. If someone else would like to set one up, I'm sure that the current players would be happy to carry over their games to the new pool and I'd put a few down myself.

I can definitely understand that. I wouldn't have any problem with you having entries in this one...it's not like you stacked your Superbowl numbers. But I guess I can see how it would be a problem.

Just an idea but why not just simplify the whole thing and base a the NCAA pool on the championship game only, then do it like we did the SB pool, on the scores for the quarters/have/end.. purely based on numbers..

bread's done
Back