The value of a bestbuy security case

mbstuff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
It seems I made off with one of Bestbuy's book-sized plastic cases in which they put games.

The cashier girl got confused trying to type in my phone number to get the gamepro subscription, and I got confused when she made me swipe my card twice for separate transaction between the sub and the other stuff. So we both didn't notice that she just put the dungeon siege psp in my bag without taking the case off. The security thing beeped at the door, but loss prevention dude just waved me by.

This thing can't be worth more than 5 bucks can it? I'd return it there and have them open it if it was something above $5, but if not I'm smashing it to get my game out.

That's happened to me at Sears more than once.

The first time I noticed the cashier putting the games I bought into a bag leaving them on. I said something to her and she thought the cases come with the game and you take it off at home.

Another time, I didn't realize it, and it set off the security gate at the entrance and I noticed it. I saw it and went back and that time the cashier (different than the other time) couldn't get the cases open, and had to call another person who also had trouble getting it open.

we used these (similar) at TRU. the store has more than they know what to do with. just take a pair of pliers to it and go nuts. of course, if this were in fact a TRU case, you wouldn't need pliers, nor do you need to damage the case to open it. ;)

It's amazing how often I get waved through after setting off alarms, especially at Gamestop. It's a good thing I ain't no thief.
Unlike gamestop.
zing!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If you take it back they'll assume you stole it. Just smash it open to get your game.[/quote]

He has a receipt as proof that he bought it. But I would have fun trying to figure out how to break open the case. It might come in handy one day....

[quote name='MadFlava']He has a receipt as proof that he bought it. But I would have fun trying to figure out how to break open the case. It might come in handy one day....[/quote]

You never know if they might pull the whole "Well you have your copy from the reciept at home and you are trying to get this one for free"

[quote name='bardiya27']a strong magnet on the top to unlock it[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Most of these things work with magnet locks, you'll probably have no trouble.

[quote name='Surferflames']You never know if they might pull the whole "Well you have your copy from the reciept at home and you are trying to get this one for free"[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and given the story of the guy who Best Buy had arrested for trying to use $2 bills, I wouldn't put it past them. It will look even more suspicious if the receipt is dated 3-4 days ago. Just break it open and be done with it.

[quote name='Surferflames']You never know if they might pull the whole "Well you have your copy from the reciept at home and you are trying to get this one for free"[/QUOTE]
Not if he walked into the store and showed the person at the door right away. Not to mention, leaving it in the bag and not in the open.

Best Buy has employees at the door who put pink stickers for returns. Just walk in, tell them you bought this but they never took the plastic off. They'll tell you to go to Customer Service and they'll take it off. They might even take it off right there. Ive had this done before. I dont know why people exaggerate

Strong earth magnets are the key. They are not available in regular commercial stores though. You either need to order them from online or take apart a harddrive and use the magnets from that. Otherwise, have fun with pliers/hacksaw/screwdriver/butterknife/etc. At least it's not like the clothes tags that supposedly spray ink all over everything if you tamper with them.

bread's done
Back