The Walking Dead Limited Edition Collector's Tin (Best Buy Exclusive)

joker______

CAGiversary!
Special Features:
  • The Walking Dead Special Edition 3-Disc Set Blu-ray™
    • Pilot Episode: The Black & White Version
    • Audio Commentaries On All 6 Episodes
    • We Are THE WALKING DEAD
    • Bring Out The Dead: KNB And The Art Of Making Zombies
    • Digital Decay: The VFX Of THE WALKING DEAD
    • No More Room In Hell: The Walking Dead Phenomenon
    • Adapting The Dead
    • Killer Conversations: Frank Darabont & Greg Nicotero
  • Wearable Zombie Mask Designed By Greg Nicotero
  • EXCLUSIVE Cryptozoic Walking Dead Trading Card

Release Date 10/4/11
Pre-Order $54.99,link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Walking...81&st=Walking_Dead_Seasons_20110718&lp=3&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Finch106']While cool, I don't believe a tin containing a six episode season warrants a $90 price tag[/QUOTE]

I agree I don't know why its that much but it is cool but I'm sure there will be someone to buy it at that price.ill just sit back and wait for a huge price drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Finch106'] While cool, I don't believe a tin containing a six episode season warrants a $90 price tag[/QUOTE]

This this and this.

un-heard of price, so not worth it. I guess they think people will buy b/c SN 2 should be starting at that time..and if these are rare, maybe there won't be a price drop. But I can imagine only hard core collectors will apply..i bet it will be like 5% of us CAGs, count me out..

Price needs to come down, a lot. I was hesitant to spend $25 for the first season on blu ray, and while I am willing to kick in a little more for what sounds like a very nice collector's edition, I'm not willing to spend that much more because at the end of the day there's still only 6 episodes in season one. If Best Buy actually prices it at MSRP that'll make it the same price the Star Wars blu rays are coming out at. :hot:

[quote name='joker______']Special Features:

• Wearable Zombie Mask Designed By Greg Nicotero
[/QUOTE]
That's why it's so expensive, folks.

How long after release will it take for this to plunge in price? $10 was my buying point for the standard edition and this isn't much higher than that.

This would sell just as well at that price if it included a wearable Frank Nicotero mask.

images

[quote name='RockMySocks10']I'm a big fan of the comic, but ive never really watched the tv show. How close does the show follow the comic?[/QUOTE]

The show is a huge disappointment compared to the comics

[quote name='ssjmichael']The show is a huge disappointment compared to the comics[/QUOTE]

The show is good on its own merits. Not the same as the comics, but it is still very very good television.

While I really enjoyed this show and I'm a fan of Greg Nicotero's work, I agree that the price is too high.

However, I thank the OP as this is something I will be keeping an eye on for future price drops.

[quote name='linkbear']The show is good on its own merits. Not the same as the comics, but it is still very very good television.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. Far from "very very good television". Show's laughably bad at times. Two dimensional characters with horrible dialogue and plot holes galore does not make for good television. Frankly, the only thing the show's got going for it is fantastic visual effects. The zombies and gore are awesome. The pilot was great, the rest of the show not so much. Show would've been better off if it just focused on Rick looking for his family with the occasional side character showing up. The writers' ineptitude wouldn't have been as obvious if we weren't forced to watch the various horribly stereotypical characters and listen to the dialogue.

AMC kinda sucks now. Started off great with Breaking Bad and Mad Men, then had three straight duds in Rubicon, The Walking Dead, and The Killing. Hopefully Hell on Wheels turns out good.

Yeah, pilot was really great, very slow moving and seemed ready to go in the right direction, but it all came off the rails after that. Part of the problem was that they were only limited to six episodes and were unsure if there would ever be more (second season didn't get picked up until the show did big numbers), so I think they tried to squeeze too much into each episode. They also decided to go away from the books, even though the author is a part of the show.

Last I knew the author only wrote 2 of the episodes. Also their was talk about just having free lancers write from now on and use a lot more of the comic.

Anyway back on topic of the set. I really don't see it being worth that price for just 6 episodes. I have been planing on picking the set up however now plan to hold off till this one comes out and see if the price drops. I really just want it for all the extras on disc. The mask I couldn't care less about and all it will do is take up space that I don't have.

[quote name='TraBuch']Disagree. Far from "very very good television". Show's laughably bad at times. Two dimensional characters with horrible dialogue and plot holes galore does not make for good television. Frankly, the only thing the show's got going for it is fantastic visual effects. The zombies and gore are awesome. The pilot was great, the rest of the show not so much. Show would've been better off if it just focused on Rick looking for his family with the occasional side character showing up. The writers' ineptitude wouldn't have been as obvious if we weren't forced to watch the various horribly stereotypical characters and listen to the dialogue.

AMC kinda sucks now. Started off great with Breaking Bad and Mad Men, then had three straight duds in Rubicon, The Walking Dead, and The Killing. Hopefully Hell on Wheels turns out good.[/QUOTE]

Different strokes for different folks. I think the visual effects, camera work, and just the general setting make the show great. I would agree the writing is not a strong point, but I don't think it's as bad as you describe either.

I think this is just an inherent problem when anyone is familiar with/a fan of the source material: your standards are higher and certain expectations must be met. It's why a lot of movies don't surpass the books for people who were fans of the books in the first place. The Walking Dead has this same problem, but I still think it's good television (especially compared to a lot of the dredge to be found on cable nowadays). Average to poor writing doesn't prevent something from being great is what I'm really trying to say before I jump too far OT.

[quote name='sendme']Last I knew the author only wrote 2 of the episodes. Also their was talk about just having free lancers write from now on and use a lot more of the comic.

Anyway back on topic of the set. I really don't see it being worth that price for just 6 episodes. I have been planing on picking the set up however now plan to hold off till this one comes out and see if the price drops. I really just want it for all the extras on disc. The mask I couldn't care less about and all it will do is take up space that I don't have.[/QUOTE]

There are 2 other editions coming out that have the extras too. A DVD version and Blu-ray special edition. Best Buy has the MSRP $49.99 and $59.99 but on sale $44.99 and $49.99. The prices are insane for all of these editions.

[quote name='sendme']Last I knew the author only wrote 2 of the episodes. Also their was talk about just having free lancers write from now on and use a lot more of the comic. [/QUOTE]

According to IMDB, Kirkman has a writing credit on all 19 shows (first and second season) and is an executive producer. It doesn't differentiate if his credit is for the original source material or individual episodes, but he is involved in the show.

And per the OP, that price is super ridiculous, no matter what you throw in the package. $20-25 at most for that stuff.

[quote name='TraBuch']Frankly, the only thing the show's got going for it is fantastic visual effects. The zombies and gore are awesome. [/QUOTE]

Of course they're awesome, it's Greg Nicotero's job to make awesome "monsters".

I hope the 2nd season picks up. I kinda flaked out halfway through the first, still havn't finished it. However I really like the comics. I have all 3 omnibuses (so far).

[quote name='skinkrawl']According to IMDB, Kirkman has a writing credit on all 19 shows (first and second season) and is an executive producer. It doesn't differentiate if his credit is for the original source material or individual episodes, but he is involved in the show.[/QUOTE]

Source material, and maybe minor edits between him and Darabont. Kirkman himself only wrote episode 4.

[quote name='Finch106']While cool, I don't believe a tin containing a six episode season warrants a $90 price tag[/QUOTE]
Agreed... I'll be voting with my wallet...

[quote name='starmask2k3']This is going to price drop like the reg version did[/QUOTE]

Obviously. Everything drops in price.

[quote name='joker______']I agree I don't know why its that much but it is cool but I'm sure there will be someone to buy it at that price.ill just sit back and wait for a huge price drop.[/QUOTE]

Uh... no you won't. This tin will probably be a first run type of thing and it'll sell out within 2-4 weeks like every single BBY Exclusive does. It won't drop in price.

[quote name='joker______']Maybe your best buy but mine never sell out of the best buy exclusives unless there is a massive drop.[/QUOTE]

You're lucky as hell then. All 6 BBYs around me are sold out within the first week most of the time. Very rarely do they last 2 or 3 weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if this goes "on sale" for $70 when it launches, though.

Went in the store earlier and pre-ordered it, $90 is steep, but the mask + support is worth every penny.

i support anything kirkman does and the show, besides it's less ridiculous than people on this forum that spend $50-60 for 1 steelbook movie.

[quote name='styl3s']i support anything kirkman does and the show, besides it's less ridiculous than people on this forum that spend $50-60 for 1 steelbook movie.[/QUOTE]

Sounds about as equally ridiculous imo ;)

bread's done
Back