The Walking Dead S1 - Walmart Preorder DVD-$19.96 Blu-$27.96

same price at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-...1ZZQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1296449029&sr=8-5

It does seem a bit pricey for just 6 episodes, but it'll come down to ~$20 soon enough I think. The funny thing is, if this was a "mini-series" I don't think anyone would really consider that a bad price. Just look at Band of Brothers and The Pacific for instance, which each have 10 episodes and sells for like $60-$65 on amazon respectively.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']$27 for the blu version when it's only 6 episodes?? WTF?![/QUOTE]
So it comes out to be a better deal than a movie that is only an hour and a half and costs the same price on Blu, right?
I mean, I don't get what you're 'wtf'-ing about...

Yeah, for that matter, we've see the other AMC series drop to as low as $10 a season. If you wait for the box set maybe even better. But no reason to pay that price.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']$27 for the blu version when it's only 6 episodes?? WTF?![/QUOTE]

ya what he said

[quote name='ssjmichael']It does seem a bit pricey for just 6 episodes, but it'll come down to ~$20 soon enough I think. The funny thing is, if this was a "mini-series" I don't think anyone would really consider that a bad price. Just look at Band of Brothers and The Pacific for instance, which each have 10 episodes and sells for like $60-$65 on amazon respectively.[/QUOTE]

HBO series, and series of other pay channels in general, are a lot different than a series available on basic or extended cable channel like AMC. I don't mind paying a little more for an HBO series on Blu/DVD, because the cost of being a subscriber to that channel is so high.

The Walking Dead was good, but I'm not paying $28 to own it.

I thought the pilot of The Walking Dead was amazing but the show fell off as the season continues. I liked it quite a bit compared to the rest of TV I see but hopefully season 2 can match the quality of other AMC shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. I'd buy season 1 for about $12 on blu-ray if it ever hits that.

[quote name='sotc1988']I thought the pilot of The Walking Dead was amazing but the show fell off as the season continues. I liked it quite a bit compared to the rest of TV I see but hopefully season 2 can match the quality of other AMC shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. I'd buy season 1 for about $12 on blu-ray if it ever hits that.[/QUOTE]

Just wait until Black Friday and I'm sure it'll hit that price point. Like others have said, $27 for a Blu Ray disc of 6 episodes is far too much. It's not so much a matter of the show's quality, it's just that there are other, much longer seasons of shows available for the same price point.

bread's done
Back