The Walking Dead: The Complete 2nd Season LE Blu-ray $69.99

I forgot to cancel this and it shipped today. Ah well, I really want it just at a lower price but some things I don't mind paying for on day one. :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's down to $59.99 today, make sure your orders get adjusted[/QUOTE]

Good catch! :cool:

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's down to $59.99 today, make sure your orders get adjusted[/QUOTE]

Talked to two people for awhile. One rep said I had to reorder, the other I finally got to give me a $5 credit towards another purchase. Not as good as $5 back. Kind of pisses me off they make such a big deal over $5, the thing released today and they said since mine shipped yesterday it shouldn't qualify... I hate Amazon sometimes.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Talked to two people for awhile. One rep said I had to reorder, the other I finally got to give me a $5 credit towards another purchase. Not as good as $5 back. Kind of pisses me off they make such a big deal over $5, the thing released today and they said since mine shipped yesterday it shouldn't qualify... I hate Amazon sometimes.[/QUOTE]

They're wrong. As part of their Pre-order price guarantee you're covered if the price lowers from the date you ordered until the end of the release date, regardless of when it's shipped to you.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Talked to two people for awhile. One rep said I had to reorder, the other I finally got to give me a $5 credit towards another purchase. Not as good as $5 back. Kind of pisses me off they make such a big deal over $5, the thing released today and they said since mine shipped yesterday it shouldn't qualify... I hate Amazon sometimes.[/QUOTE]Shove this URL in their face with your response:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

For the link-lazy, with bolded points for emphasis:

Pre-order Price Guarantee
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date. A pre-order price guarantee message will appear on your Order Summary during the checkout process. If you use 1-Click ordering, pre-order price protection will be automatically applied. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.
Terms and Conditions:

• Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site. Does not apply to any products purchased at Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, or any other web site operated by Amazon.com or its affiliates.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to not-yet-released books, CDs, videos, DVDs, software, and video games sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to other product lines or to items that have already been released.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product detail pages. Items that do not display the offer message do not qualify, regardless of the nature of the items.
  • If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.

Reply back to them with a link to the URL and explain the situation to them as listed above and ask them to why you're not getting your $5 back from them. Escalate it to a supervisor if needed.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's down to $59.99 today, make sure your orders get adjusted[/QUOTE]they matched the BB price too bad they won't match the $10 credit too.

[quote name='shrike4242']Shove this URL in their face with your response:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

For the link-lazy, with bolded points for emphasis:

Pre-order Price Guarantee
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date. A pre-order price guarantee message will appear on your Order Summary during the checkout process. If you use 1-Click ordering, pre-order price protection will be automatically applied. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.
Terms and Conditions:

• Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site. Does not apply to any products purchased at Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, or any other web site operated by Amazon.com or its affiliates.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to not-yet-released books, CDs, videos, DVDs, software, and video games sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to other product lines or to items that have already been released.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product detail pages. Items that do not display the offer message do not qualify, regardless of the nature of the items.
  • If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.

Reply back to them with a link to the URL and explain the situation to them as listed above and ask them to why you're not getting your $5 back from them. Escalate it to a supervisor if needed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info. I'm probably going to call this time. They've done this to me before, but I was able to get my money back.

[quote name='Enuf']they matched the BB price too bad they won't match the $10 credit too.[/QUOTE]

Is their a spend $50 get $10GC spend $100 get $25GC on TV shows this week or did that end last week?

I'm not talking about the in-store pickup promotion

[quote name='GBAstar']Is their a spend $50 get $10GC spend $100 get $25GC on TV shows this week or did that end last week?

I'm not talking about the in-store pickup promotion[/QUOTE]

its going on still. :D

Bought two, scored the 25 GC. I _almost_ felt bad.... The rep said they only got two in, and I went up at lunchtime from work and got it.

She was giving me the "ad might say limit 1 per customer".. I said really? Where does it say that at all??? She scanned the ad for 10 minutes trying to not let me buy both of them before I said, you know what - I spend a ton of money here. One is for me, and one is for my best friend for xmas (which is true - he bought me a xbox live bluetooth headset and 1600 point card for my bday) we hook eachother up with cool gifts. I am not a reseller. Your ad says NOTHING about limit 1 per customer, and i could go online and buy TEN of these if I wanted to. I then pulled up my smartphone and showed her how I could do it.

So when I pointed out, no where in the store did it say limit 1 per customer, she got a manager and I told him - look, either sell these to me like your supposed to, or lose a customer and I go across the street to HH gregg for all my tv's, washer, dryer, ect from now on. The manager remembered me from buying my bravia 3d 55" tv last year, and said go ahead and give it to the guy.

I am all for following the printed rules. And I am also for not letting hoarders get ten copies, but when you pick one up for your best friend, and one for you - that HARDLY qualifies as hording.

[quote name='exceed19']Bought two, scored the 25 GC. I _almost_ felt bad.... The rep said they only got two in, and I went up at lunchtime from work and got it.

She was giving me the "ad might say limit 1 per customer".. I said really? Where does it say that at all??? She scanned the ad for 10 minutes trying to not let me buy both of them before I said, you know what - I spend a ton of money here. One is for me, and one is for my best friend for xmas (which is true - he bought me a xbox live bluetooth headset and 1600 point card for my bday) we hook eachother up with cool gifts. I am not a reseller. Your ad says NOTHING about limit 1 per customer, and i could go online and buy TEN of these if I wanted to. I then pulled up my smartphone and showed her how I could do it.

So when I pointed out, no where in the store did it say limit 1 per customer, she got a manager and I told him - look, either sell these to me like your supposed to, or lose a customer and I go across the street to HH gregg for all my tv's, washer, dryer, ect from now on. The manager remembered me from buying my bravia 3d 55" tv last year, and said go ahead and give it to the guy.

I am all for following the printed rules. And I am also for not letting hoarders get ten copies, but when you pick one up for your best friend, and one for you - that HARDLY qualifies as hording.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your post. I hate it when clerks/staff make up rules out of the blue like that. I've had to tell clerks "I'm just trying to spend money here!" before they snap out of their stupidity and realize that it's people like us that keep their doors open.

None the less the two "Heads" at my local BB were already picked up. So I didn't get one. I was debating on whether it was a good thing for me not to have one of those ugly things in my house or not. I eventually just purchased the regular edition and along with Boardwalk 2 and OUAT. I was able to use a $5 rewards along with the $15 off OUAT coupon for $95 after tax. I also got the $25 gift card without issue.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I agree with your post. I hate it when clerks/staff make up rules out of the blue like that. I've had to tell clerks "I'm just trying to spend money here!" before they snap out of their stupidity and realize that it's people like us that keep their doors open.

None the less the two "Heads" at my local BB were already picked up. So I didn't get one. I was debating on whether it was a good thing for me not to have one of those ugly things in my house or not. I eventually just purchased the regular edition and along with Boardwalk 2 and OUAT. I was able to use a $5 rewards along with the $15 off OUAT coupon for $95 after tax. I also got the $25 gift card without issue.

M[/QUOTE]
I knew my BB would be in the same boat and did store pickup 2 hours before they opened so nobody could run in and grab the only few.

My amazon one came shorty after i picked mine up. Leaving this one sealed in case this thing ends up being limited.

[quote name='Busyman']Wayyyy overpriced at $70. It's only 13 episodes ffs plus Torn Apart.[/QUOTE]

its only $59.99 now and if you buy it at Best Buy you get a $10 giftcard to boot..so could say $49.99. Which is totally worth it.

I disagree about it not being worth it. Thats why they make the non LE version. For a fan, this is the perfect price point. Everyone who bought the zombie head - from what I can tell - is super stoked about it. Its really sick looking, and a great display piece in my home theater room. After the $25 GC since I bought two of them - it brought each one down to $50.75 after taxes. And I earned RZ points. And shopkick points.

I just wish (for continuity) that I had the LE S1 that came with the mask. While I didnt put a lot of value on the mask (and it was kinda.. junky) now that I have this, I feel like dang.. wish I had the first LE to make it "complete".

My only complaint is that awesome display sets like this - should feature "holders" for past/future seasons if you had the regular blu ray disc. But... then I see the problem with that theory, that how will they know if the show could make it to season "x".

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']its only $59.99 now and if you buy it at Best Buy you get a $10 giftcard to boot..so could say $49.99. Which is totally worth it.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get a $10 gift card.

The $10 gift card is an in store special this week as well.

"Free $10 Best Buy Gift Card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray 3

3 In-store only offer. Products must be purchased on same receipt to receive Gift Card. Excludes children's TV titles. Additional in-store only offer: Free $25 Best Buy Gift Card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy Gift Card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up."

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']its only $59.99 now and if you buy it at Best Buy you get a $10 giftcard to boot..so could say $49.99. Which is totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

...if you are into LE fluff.

Basically you paying an extra 20 friggin dollars for fluff. The 2nd season is $30 on Blu ffs.
66% more for what?

[quote name='styl3s']Yeah i did in-store pick up.[/QUOTE]

in-store pick up is NOT the same as buying it in-store.

In-store pickup is consider a dot com order...

Yup, I ran into that pick up vs. in-store ruling as well. That's okay though: you should get the 10.00 code via e-mail, right, within 5 days? I suppose a gift card would be better than a code if you want to quibble. I played dumb and asked about the in-store gift card offer while pickig up my zombie head, but got promptly shut down on my attempt to score both 10-dollar offers. I'm very glad I did the preorder, as my local store was sold out of the head version except for the one with my name on it.

[quote name='Busyman']...if you are into LE fluff.

Basically you paying an extra 20 friggin dollars for fluff. The 2nd season is $30 on Blu ffs.
66% more for what?[/QUOTE]

well obviously thatd be the only reason to buy the LE head. Is it worth $20? That's for the buyer to decide. But I sure as hell think it is.

[quote name='Busyman']...if you are into LE fluff.

66% more for what?[/QUOTE]

There's this funny saying about opinions and assholes...

Just because you don't see the value in it doesn't mean others don't...

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']well obviously thatd be the only reason to buy the LE head. Is it worth $20? That's for the buyer to decide. But I sure as hell think it is.[/QUOTE]
And the Digipak.

Some naive people believe they will re-release the digipak by itself, they are in for a rude awakening when they don't release it and then they kick themselves in the ass for not picking this up.

[quote name='styl3s']And the Digipak.

Some naive people believe they will re-release the digipak by itself, they are in for a rude awakening when they don't release it and then they kick themselves in the ass for not picking this up.[/QUOTE]

They would? Really?

People buy Digipaks separately? SMH

[quote name='crazedracerguy']There's this funny saying about opinions and assholes...

Just because you don't see the value in it doesn't mean others don't...[/QUOTE]
Agreed.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I still am amazed.

I am jaded from having too many BluRays I guess, so the thought of buying ones for masks, heads, digipaks crushes mah soul.

The head does look kewel tho'. Kewel looking stuff.....not enough space....

[quote name='Busyman']They would? Really?

People buy Digipaks separately? SMH[/QUOTE]
Are you new to DVD/BR collecting? Digipaks, Steelbooks and Digibooks are HUGE.

And considering most people have Season 1 Special Edition (which is a Digipak) they want the S2 Digipak which is only in this LE. It's why a lot of people are upset because they don't want to pay $60 for a digipak.

Personally i don't really care about steelbooks, digibooks or digipaks but a lot of collectors do. Only reason i got this is because i have been a huge fan of TWD since 2003. I have all the omnibus editions, compendium, HC trades and all the single issues including both series of the figures (show/comic) along with the SDCC exclusives and the mini-busts. I am a fanboy of TWD so i buy everything that comes out for it.

i'm a huge fan of the kirkman comic and telltale video game but didn't really like the tv show. i'm also a big frank darabont fan, but he's gone.

The first episode was great as was the addition of Herschel (just Herschel...). The rest of the season didn't do much for me.

I have to say it is a cool case.

[quote name='Egos']The first episode was great as was the addition of Herschel (just Herschel...). The rest of the season didn't do much for me.

I have to say it is a cool case.[/QUOTE]
"Hershel" not "Herschel" ;)

has anyone gotten their $10 code via email yet? i placed and picked up my order last friday and still have gotten nothing as of today

[quote name='henry00x']would like to know from others if they received the code? giving them until tomorrow then calling CS[/QUOTE]

I didn't receive my code either. Called CS and explained. They double checked and found out This was available for the promotion They resolved by putting a $10 GC in the mail.

[quote name='styl3s']"Hershel" not "Herschel" ;)[/QUOTE]

That what I get for doing a quick google search to make sure I spelled it right, I thought it looked off :drool:

I did something different than herschel and then it suggested Herschel. I might have gotten it right the first time :cry:

This is what happens when you try to look smart/competent on the internet.

bread's done
Back