Nunchuk-19
The conduit-39
Outdoor Life Challenge with mat-49
EA Active-44
Tiger 09 OR Sega Tennis with accessories-19

PS2 value games-50% OFF
Rachet/GT5/Resistance 1/-19EACH

360 controller+Viva3+Banjo Kazooie-54

I think you should be able to find GT4 in the bins, as well as some shovelware-ish games. Black, as well IIRC...

Hm, not a bad deal on that controller bundle. Only problem is that I don't really need the controller.

I suppose the Arcades on sales with 2 old games (Holiday pack style) will only be the old ones (non-Jasper) with 256 megs of memory, the same model that was on sale early this summer.

It seems like a good deal if non-Japser is not a issue, too bad it's not EB that has this deal (would be great to use EB credit)

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laptops have been so tempting lately but I can barely hold myself back until Windows 7 hits. Thanks for sharing.

[quote name='seed84']glad i waited to get ratchet till now[/QUOTE]
coulda gotten it during BB's 2 for 40 select greatest hits sale.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I have a 60GB PS3...and yet, I want a $59 PS2 Slim...why??[/QUOTE]
shoulda traded two $8+ TIV games for it at ebg awhile back instead.

[quote name='nastynas']coulda gotten it during BB's 2 for 40 select greatest hits sale.

shoulda traded two $8+ TIV games for it at ebg awhile back instead.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I got a GC bundle out of that promo, and felt I would've preferred a brand new system. There's something extra-special about buying a new system knowing that some joe shmoe hasn't had their grubby paws all over it heh ;)

PS2 slim for $59? That's pretty good I think, especially since my PS2 has been acting up lately. When does this start, this Friday?

Also I don't know if it's the same for all Walmarts, but I don't like the way STC has the value games now. They're in this stand thing, which I find just as hard to find games as when they were in those giant bins.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='game_fanatic']I have a 60GB PS3...and yet, I want a $59 PS2 Slim...why??[/QUOTE]

Sleeker and sturdier build, significantly lower power consumption, much quieter, no wear on the PS3 laser when you play games on it, absolutely perfect software compatibility with PS2 and X games, and travel worthy.

Also, it's your packrat mentality to own shit. :p

TronB: My walmart is set up the same way, sadly. :(

[quote name='LastSky']Laptops have been so tempting lately but I can barely hold myself back until Windows 7 hits. Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the upgrade free?

The upgrade is free, but tech articles I read (out of memory) stated it was better to fresh install Windows 7 instead of upgrading Windows Vista to Win 7 without formatting... so it might be better to get a computer with a fresh Win 7 install.

They give free Win 7 updates to avoid computer sales slowdown, but I am not sure it's enough for people to buy these Windows Vista machines.

[quote name='TronB']Also I don't know if it's the same for all Walmarts, but I don't like the way STC has the value games now. They're in this stand thing, which I find just as hard to find games as when they were in those giant bins.[/QUOTE]
Oshawa got rid of the bins and crammed EVERY VALUE GAME onto shelves. Horizontally. And vertically. And diagonally. Who am I kidding...its a mess :applause: Oh well.

[quote name='cashinstinct']so it might be better to get a computer with a fresh Win 7 install.

They give free Win 7 updates to avoid computer sales slowdown, but I am not sure it's enough for people to buy these Windows Vista machines.[/QUOTE]

Screw that - I'm going to wait until Windows 7 is out fresh install then pick up a vista on clearance!
I have developer's access to MSDNAA so Windows 7 is mine! mwa ha ha

Kingston just got rid of both bins and replaced them with a four sided stand. It was easier to comb through the bins. If someone is standing on one side of it for ages there is no room for anyone else to look...but if there is ever a hidden gem there it will be easier for the masses to find it. they hardly have any $10 games now.

My local walmart did the same thing bin wise. I actually prefer the new stand as well, makes it easier to find stuff since each side is for a particular system, and for the most part they are even sorted. Of course they will be messed up within a couple of weeks, but it is nice for now.

7 and 400 Woodbridge Wal-Mart did the same thing. Pain in the ass to find anything, so much unused space taken up by needless cardboard. A plain wire rack like Toys R Us tends to use would've been a far better idea.

[quote name='poiuiu']Sleeker and sturdier build, significantly lower power consumption, much quieter, no wear on the PS3 laser when you play games on it, absolutely perfect software compatibility with PS2 and X games, and travel worthy.

Also, it's your packrat mentality to own shit. :p
[/QUOTE]
dude, he wants a PS2 slim not a PS3 slim..

Sleeker and sturdier build, significantly lower power consumption, much quieter, no wear on the PS3 laser when you play games on it, absolutely perfect software compatibility with PS2 and X games, and travel worthy.

He's making the comparison between my 60GB PS3 and the Slim PS2; I wouldn't saying the PS2 has a sleeker or sturdier build, and it's playability of PSX/PS2 software would be identical to my 60GB, but it would definitely prevent wear and tear on the laser, as well as consume less power haha.

Oh and I keep forgetting to ask, is this next week's sale?

[quote name='game_fanatic']He's making the comparison between my 60GB PS3 and the Slim PS2; I wouldn't saying the PS2 has a sleeker or sturdier build, and it's playability of PSX/PS2 software would be identical to my 60GB, but it would definitely prevent wear and tear on the laser, as well as consume less power haha.[/QUOTE]

Despite being so thin, the PS2 slim pretty damn sturdy, and short of the initial first batch of PS2slims, the thing should keep on trucking longer than other Sony systems (possible exception the ps3). And surprisingly the 60 gig is not perfectly backwards compatible as there are a few niche games that won't work perfect if at all, FF11 won't work as it should (no hdd support) and there's lag across the board for PS2 software (tournie fighters can attest to this :p ). 60 gig support is good, but it's in no way perfect. ;P

I dunno poiui, the 60GB has hardware emulation, so it's virtually identical to playing PS2/PSX games on a standard PS2 system, apart from the accessory-specific games like FFXI, Guitar Hero and such. When the systems moved to software emulation, there were problems with the backwards compatibility. Also, FFXI won't work on a PS2 Slim, either ;)...as for the lag issue, it's the first I've heard, but that could be more related to the control interface than the BC itself.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I dunno poiui, the 60GB has hardware emulation, so it's virtually identical to playing PS2/PSX games on a standard PS2 system, apart from the accessory-specific games like FFXI, Guitar Hero and such. When the systems moved to software emulation, there were problems with the backwards compatibility. Also, FFXI won't work on a PS2 Slim, either ;)...as for the lag issue, it's the first I've heard, but that could be more related to the control interface than the BC itself.[/QUOTE]

Damn this FFXI talk is giving me the FFXI itch all over again! Anyone who wants to party with a RNG/NIN/THF or a WHM/CAL send me a PM! I'm on Fairy!

[quote name='game_fanatic']I dunno poiui, the 60GB has hardware emulation, so it's virtually identical to playing PS2/PSX games on a standard PS2 system, apart from the accessory-specific games like FFXI, Guitar Hero and such. When the systems moved to software emulation, there were problems with the backwards compatibility. Also, FFXI won't work on a PS2 Slim, either ;)...as for the lag issue, it's the first I've heard, but that could be more related to the control interface than the BC itself.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, while it's hardware emulation it's still emulation nonetheless, cause the original PS2 also contained the necessary parts for PSX emulation, that wasn't perfect as well.

And as I said before, it's not controller interface that's the cause of lag, it's the BC emulation itself. Again, ask a tourney fighter vet, they'll talk your ear off with just that alone.

And yeah, I forgot I was talking about the slim thar, so nuts on me on that part.

But fortunately I can drown myself with a copy of Shiren the Wanderer I just got from WM for 10 bucks. wooooo

PS: This sale starts at the end of the current sale correct (ie Friday?).

[quote name='TronB']Also I don't know if it's the same for all Walmarts, but I don't like the way STC has the value games now. They're in this stand thing, which I find just as hard to find games as when they were in those giant bins.[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen the new stands but I can't stand bins so I'm glad that stores are moving away from them. The only bin I ever liked was the Zellers one at Bridlewood because all the games were lined up neatly so you could read the names on the spines quite easily. It seemed like that store actually kept the bin organized.

[quote name='Fuzzy']I haven't seen the new stands but I can't stand bins so I'm glad that stores are moving away from them. [/QUOTE]

+1
I like the new stands, for sure you can't see all games at once, but you are able to find games you want easily.

I did not look for games at stores with bins, it was such a mess it was unacceptable.

The stand I saw wasn't organized at all really, unless I happened to look through it at a bad time. I wish they could just line up the spines so I could read the name of the game, that's all I need. =P STC actually has this glass case full of games but they have a lot of random things in there, and most titles are actually blocked off (I remember seeing some Mario Party 7's or something, along with a ton of older games). Well I wish they would execute that idea better haha.

Might check out a few different Walmart's today to see what value games they have. If I buy now I could get the price adjusted during the sale, correct?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']The problem with playing PS2 games on a PS2 is they look worse on my HDTV, compared to playing them on PS3.[/QUOTE]

That's the exact reason why I spent $524.99 on my 60GB PS3 heh; the PS2 upconversion!

[quote name='cashinstinct']Wed on qc. Friday rest of Canada. Buy Now and go price protect later[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that Walmart would even allow ppl to do that...

[quote name='game_fanatic']That's the exact reason why I spent $524.99 on my 60GB PS3 heh; the PS2 upconversion![/QUOTE]
I find that on my 720p LCD, if I set the PS3 to run at 1080i the PS2 games look smoother and better.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']The problem with playing PS2 games on a PS2 is they look worse on my HDTV, compared to playing them on PS3.[/QUOTE]

You can get a program called Xploder HDTV Player which forces the PS2 to output all games in true 480p (not deinterlaced and inducing input delay like the PS3). I tried it with a VGA hookup to my LCD monitor.

The reason why the games look smoother on 1080i is most likely because the PS3 is keeping the older PS2 games interlaced rather than processing the frames.

Didn't really find much Value Games I was interested in. I did pick up MySims Kingdom (Wii version, it got decent reviews and I've been wanting to get it for a while...don't judge me >_>) for 10 bucks though. On Friday, I'll go and get my $5 back lol. If not I'll return it and wait for it to drop to $5 at The Source or something.

So are the PS2 'Value games' the 10$ titles and under, or is it anything found in the bins? Dug through a bin earlier this month that had stuff like Yakuza 2, but for 20$.

^ Not sure, but most of the games I saw today had a "value video games" sticker on them. Even some of the $20 ones had them. However some games weren't priced at all so who knows. :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back