The Wii is a Piece of S***

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he is touching on a very relevant subject, but fails to realize that Wii's lack of innovation as far as physics, graphics, and everything else just puts more pressure on developers to be original and create new ideas. which Nintendo, by the way, is definitely not doing.

Zelda, for instance. if you take away the innovative wii remote, you're left with a typical gamecube platformer. add to that list, super paper mario, super smash bros, mario party, etc...yawn. the games can still have heart and be entertaining, but those games are few and far between.

i personally think his rant was based purely on fanboyism or anti-Nintendo sentiments.

what i hate most about his statement is his implied correlation between hardware power and art. hardware doesn't make art, and it's up to the developers to decide what artistic merit their games contain. nintendo wii is only the canvas, he should be blaming the developers for not taking advantage of wii or any other platform out there if he's concerned with the artistic merits of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back