Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gkrykewy']As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? fuck that.[/QUOTE]

When I worked at EA we had police and fireman come in to our EA store all the time. They bought so much games that we had to implement purchase limits to control things :lol:

[quote name='fyrflash1969']My bank is not overdrawn.. for one, I use a different account for gaming, and second, there was enough money in the account to cover several WiiUs.. [/QUOTE]

A separate account for gaming....BALLER STATUS

[quote name='gkrykewy']No:

And man this thread has gone to shit.[/QUOTE]

The trolls already have enough bait. We should stop feeding them. Hopefully they'll starve.

[quote name='maximumzero']One less thing to worry about?[/QUOTE]

"You are correct sir, YES"! Add also some of our wives know where we keep our money. lol

Just got back from my local TRU. I asked if they were going to have any extra Wiiu's available besides the pre-ordered systems? My nephew wants one for Christmas. The manager who I know fairly well told me they still haven't recieved their shipment yet. But according to the numbers he is suppose to get, my TRU over sold the pre-orders by 37. The manager said they were going to get 6 Basic and 12 Deluxe. Looks like I will be there Sunday morning at 6am to make sure I get one.

[quote name='gkrykewy']As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? fuck that.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

[quote name='royalbliss1']Just got back from my local TRU. I asked if they were going to have any extra Wiiu's available besides the pre-ordered systems? My nephew wants one for Christmas. The manager who I know fairly well told me they still haven't recieved their shipment yet. But according to the numbers he is suppose to get, my TRU over sold the pre-orders by 37. The manager said they were going to get 6 Basic and 12 Deluxe. Looks like I will be there Sunday morning at 6am to make sure I get one.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.. 37? Why did they sell so many?

[quote name='advanced']"I got cash."

Can't say I feel bad for those who didn't get in early. Snooze and you lose.[/QUOTE]

I felt myself getting dumber watching this moron. Have some respect for yourself man.

[quote name='klimb22']I'm not sure if it was regional, but the Walmarts outside Ft Hood, TX used to give a military discount back in the day ('89, '90 timeframe) May have been the proximity to the base and/or the first Gulf. I do remember we all got out of taking HS mid-terms because of the the war.

I'm a disabled veteran. Been separated since '05. I almost always forget to ask about a military discount whenever I shop. When I was active it was the first thing out of my mouth (after Hello) when I hit register.

It's funny to see all these folks buying/playing these military based video games like COD:BLOPS2 who would never have enough balls to even join the military.[/QUOTE]
so if people buy military games but dont join the military they are pussies? that doesnt sound right

FYI, to cags buying from target.. if you are opening a brand new debit account the day of purchase for the 5% discount, the card service may limit your purchase amount.. so you might be able to get one console but not 2.. Also the 5% is only on the amount paid by the debit card so you can't pay half cash and debit card and get full %5 discount..

Just came back from Bestbuy and they have already some games out to sell, Scribblenauts, Sing Party, Just Dance4, Assassins Creed III and Batman...

Got Batman and since I preordered alredy on Newegg with 12 dlls off, I will be taking it back to Bestbuy that one.

It has no manual but two pages saying the warnings ans stuff and that the manual will come within the gamepad.

[quote name='jacknicklson']You shouldn't do something just because of what you expect to get in return. No one forced you to join the military

I have nothing negative to say about those brave enough to fight for our politicians but don't act like you didn't go there by choice

EDIT: This thread is officially in the gutter[/QUOTE]

testify. people act like military members are conscripted or something, or like they don't get paid. give me an f'n break.

Incredibly, Target still had 3 white preorder cards on the shelf hooks!! I talked to the guy working in Electronics and he assured me that they would pull the same number of systems as the number of preorders showing sold in their store. Apparently the cards were activated when they were scanned so they would not hold the 3 systems that are tied to the unsold cards. It looks like the Target system I have on hold will go to my oldest daughter now as she has several friends that are offering to buy it off of her for a premium. I raised her well.....

[quote name='saysomething']Just came back from Bestbuy and they have already some games out to sell, Scribblenauts, Sing Party, Just Dance4, Assassins Creed III and Batman...

Got Batman and since I preordered alredy on Newegg with 12 dlls off, I will be taking it back to Bestbuy that one.

It has no manual but two pages saying the warnings ans stuff and that the manual will come within the gamepad.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking about doing that with my copy of nsmbu, but i wasn't sure if there was any different packaging on a copy from a retail store compared with one i'd get from newegg.

In a thread this big, like any discussion really, things are going to ebb and flow, get a little off topic here and there. Is somebody going to crawl through almost 300 pages to find whatever information they are looking for? Probably not. So at this point, as the thread is so large, I don't see much harm in it, personally.

People don't even have to read the thread, they can search it if they want to find certain info. I don't see a little banter or spirited discussion being incredibly harmful. It can even be a good way to get a better insight into the "human" side of fellow CAGs, learn something new about someone, the way they view the world or whatever. Maybe you'll find someone you think is a butthead, and be able to put them on ignore, saving you trouble of reading their posts in the future.

Hey, just my two cents anyways. I'll be back tomorrow to let everyone know if my KMart preorder is charged as they said it would be.

[quote name='royalbliss1']Just got back from my local TRU. I asked if they were going to have any extra Wiiu's available besides the pre-ordered systems? My nephew wants one for Christmas. The manager who I know fairly well told me they still haven't recieved their shipment yet. But according to the numbers he is suppose to get, my TRU over sold the pre-orders by 37. The manager said they were going to get 6 Basic and 12 Deluxe. Looks like I will be there Sunday morning at 6am to make sure I get one.[/QUOTE]

That can't be right. So many people are saying this will be easy to get come launch day.

[quote name='GizmoGC']That can't be right. So many people are saying this will be easy to get come launch day.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? :roll: This console will be hard to get a hold of. People who believe otherwise are lying to themselves or smoking something they should share with the rest of us. :cool:

this blows. with my pre-order being at gamestop, i'll have to wait an extra 12 hours, unlike the people getting theirs at midnight. maybe gs will come through and release them early (like saturday night).

Ahahahaha. Didn't expect anything less from Toysrus.

I've never used layaway at Walmart and this situation I think is a first for them but maybe someone can answer this question. I preordered on Oct 14 and of course the release date is Nov 18 but I just thought about it, should I have made or make a payment tomorrow as think you have to make a payment every 30 days or am I wrong about this?

[quote name='Midnight Express']I've never used layaway at Walmart and this situation I think is a first for them but maybe someone can answer this question. I preordered on Oct 14 and of course the release date is Nov 18 but I just thought about it, should I have made or make a payment tomorrow as think you have to make a payment every 30 days or am I wrong about this?[/QUOTE]
Read your receipt for terms of the contract. It says it has to be paid off no later than December 14th, or you will forfeit the layaway. I know people have worried about making a payment within 30 days, but the terms don't state that, and I verified with two managers.

Apparently you've got a clueless manager over there. All the stores in my area are getting a few more to sell on top of pre orders(at least a dozen in a combination of both systems). If a store were to oversell their pre orders, they would just move some systems from other stores to cover. From the numbers I've seen that is being shipped, this is not possible.

[quote name='Maskim']Read your receipt for terms of the contract. It says it has to be paid off no later than December 14th, or you will forfeit the layaway. I know people have worried about making a payment within 30 days, but the terms don't state that, and I verified with two managers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information, I have briefly (hopefully) misplaced my receipt.

TOYS R US HAS A BASIC MODEL BUNDLE LISTED FOR PRE-ORDER ONLINE, NO ADD TO CART BUTTON YET.

For those who missed out, this is now on TRU's website:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15671366&prodFindSrc=pn

It's a basic model bundle that requires you also buy Batman Arkham City and Scribblenauts Unlimted. It's listed at $419.99, and does not show as sold out. However, it does not have an add-to-cart button on the page as of yet.

My apologies if this has been posted already.

[quote name='Midnight Express']I've never used layaway at Walmart and this situation I think is a first for them but maybe someone can answer this question. I preordered on Oct 14 and of course the release date is Nov 18 but I just thought about it, should I have made or make a payment tomorrow as think you have to make a payment every 30 days or am I wrong about this?[/QUOTE]

I asked my local walmart about this last weekend. They told me that there is no payment plan for their layaway and it has to be paid off by December 14th.

No payments need to be made after the initial 10%. Until Dec 14th. Then pay it off and go home and play :)

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i was thinking about doing that with my copy of nsmbu, but i wasn't sure if there was any different packaging on a copy from a retail store compared with one i'd get from newegg.[/QUOTE]

That's what I am afraid of lol, if it happens I will just play the dumb and say I got it twice and forgot which one was Bestbuy's.

Can anyone confirm if the games are exactly the same ones or each company has a different bar code??

[quote name='saysomething']That's what I am afraid of lol, if it happens I will just play the dumb and say I got it twice and forgot which one was Bestbuy's.

Can anyone confirm if the games are exactly the same ones or each company has a different bar code??[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure companies have different barcodes, I may be wrong though.

Thanks!

I just could not resist to bring it home when I saw it today and I was hesitating since I got newegg preordered promo and I have not received an email telling me they have sent it!

Has anyone seen the new video explaining the network, miiverse and stuff? Makes me want to have it now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Confidance']I can confirm that on day 1 more units of Wii U than pre-ordered are arriving at Gamestops. So that's good news for the waitlisters[/QUOTE]

My local GS manager told me today that he would only have enough for preorders.

So i bud of mine that works at toysrus i used to work at told me they are having buy one get 1 40% off now ... gonna double check tommorrow he said mario wasn't in and games they had in currently was scribblenaughts/cod/just dance 4/ass creed 3/cod/rabbids/madden.

[quote name='CronO_O']So i bud of mine that works at toysrus i used to work at told me they are having buy one get 1 40% off now ... gonna double check tommorrow he said mario wasn't in and games they had in currently was scribblenaughts/cod/just dance 4/ass creed 3/cod/rabbids/madden.[/QUOTE]

Only for the games that are $49.99 and less this week.

Next week, all Wii U games will be B1G1 40%

[quote name='prim4444']Only for the games that are $49.99 and less this week.

Next week, all Wii U games will be B1G1 40%[/QUOTE]

Thought it was only black friday but yea that is what i assumed, still gonna take a peak to see if it rings up maybe there might be a bug. So i will update it tommorrow when i find out for sure.

FWIW i spoke to the girl who i believe is the manager at my local GS today and she told me they had not received their shipment of the WiiU's yet

I tried using the gamepad tablet thingy today. Looked at the videos of other games, and i can't believe anyone would want this crap. Pee U

[quote name='GBH']I tried using the gamepad tablet thingy today. Looked at the videos of other games, and i can't believe anyone would want this crap. Pee U[/QUOTE]

Funny troll...:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back