Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
im so pissed.

Just found out my gamestop WONT be doing a midnight release .

ALso best buy will not as well, i ordered a backup there. Fantastic now i dont know what im going to do on sat night.

It really makes me mad
icon8.gif
icon13.gif
-1st world problems

[quote name='metsfan1545d']Can't decide if I should get black ops 2 for the wii u or ps3[/QUOTE]

Both the PS3 and Wii U versions are getting jipped for at least 6 months.

I'd go ps3 purely on community, it's gonna be alot more sparse on the wii u. though, you arent gonna have a bunch fo hacked console cheaters runnin around

I just watched the latest youtube nintendo channel wii u "super mario" video, where they talked about all the interaction built inside the system. That actually looks pretty damned cool. And the local multiplayer for zombi u looks like a ton of fun!

Check out those latest videos if you can.

Plans are we'll pick up the wii u from walmart at midnight, and then I'll head out to toys r us on sunday to snag those buy 1 get one 40% off titles we want.

[quote name='Nintendonly']So you are only buying it because it's exclusive? I hate to break it to you, but this is Ubisoft we're talking about here. Just like with Rayman Legends, it's not going to remain exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Are you literally retarded? You think ZombiU is going to get ported? To what console exactly?

[quote name='Slowdance']Are you literally retarded? You think ZombiU is going to get ported? To what console exactly?[/QUOTE]

There might be a version of it for the 3DS maybe?

What's the latest word on Targets? I have a preorder card from there, are they actually setting those aside or should I rush to the store early to be sure?

[quote name='Slowdance']Are you literally retarded? You think ZombiU is going to get ported? To what console exactly?[/QUOTE]
Considering it doesn't need the Wii U control pad it can go anywhere.

[quote name='Gareee']I just watched the latest youtube nintendo channel wii u "super mario" video, where they talked about all the interaction built inside the system. That actually looks pretty damned cool. And the local multiplayer for zombi u looks like a ton of fun!

Check out those latest videos if you can.

Plans are we'll pick up the wii u from walmart at midnight, and then I'll head out to toys r us on sunday to snag those buy 1 get one 40% off titles we want.[/QUOTE]

isn't the TRU deal a Black Friday sale?

Xbox 360 with smart glass, PS3 with Vita interaction. I'm not saying it'll happen but totally in the realm of possibility.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Considering it doesn't need the Wii U control pad it can go anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Except it won't. I'm not saying its outside the realm of possibility, i'm saying you'd have to be pretty fucking dumb to believe it has a real shot at getting ported.

[quote name='prim4444']It will be in next weeks ad prior to black friday also.[/QUOTE]

source? I've only seen the BF ad

[quote name='Jewrye']What's the latest word on Targets? I have a preorder card from there, are they actually setting those aside or should I rush to the store early to be sure?[/QUOTE]

They should hold them back, that is what the policy is.

We got our numbers for our first shipment the other day. My Target is getting quite a bit more than the preorder numbers luckily. I'm not going to say how many, but it is definitely more than 10 of each model and they gave us almost double the amount of deluxe models.

[quote name='cigaro']I played a Wii U at Best Buy today.

I am officially intrigued.

Dammit.[/QUOTE]

That did it for me as well. The Wii U was off my radar until that point.

[quote name='Jewrye']well thats promising[/QUOTE]

Yes, very promising. Target is my backup preorder. I'm going to TRU first since they are opening at 8am on Sundays for the holiday season. Thankfully, gamestop.com charged my card, so that preorder will ship to my niece for Christmas.

[quote name='abhinav']Xbox 360 with smart glass, PS3 with Vita interaction. I'm not saying it'll happen but totally in the realm of possibility.[/QUOTE]

Hard to read this without laughing. Vita? Seriously?

I do think they'll make Zombie into a multiplat franchise if it reviews and sells well though (Zombie X, etc).

[quote name='cigaro']I played a Wii U at Best Buy today.

I am officially intrigued.

Dammit.[/QUOTE]
i haven't even tried the wii u yet, but yet im intrigued on getting it anyways as of today. :whistle2:(

[quote name='gkrykewy']Hard to read this without laughing. Vita? Seriously?

I do think they'll make Zombie into a multiplat franchise if it reviews and sells well though (Zombie X, etc).[/QUOTE]

Zombi is a franchise though. Zombi was one of the first game Ubisoft ever published, if not the first.

I paid off my console, controller, and Mario today at GameStop. I asked if they got enough in to cover preorders. They told me they got some in today and are supposed to be getting the rest tomorrow. That is extremely discouraging, considering I have to work Sunday morning. Does anyone know if GS will release my console to another person with my permission? If so I can ask somebody else to pick it up for me at opening. If not, I might be screwed.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I paid off my console, controller, and Mario today at GameStop. I asked if they got enough in to cover preorders. They told me they got some in today and are supposed to be getting the rest tomorrow. That is extremely discouraging, considering I have to work Sunday morning. Does anyone know if GS will release my console to another person with my permission? If so I can ask somebody else to pick it up for me at opening. If not, I might be screwed.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I'm missing something, but why do people pay off pre-orders? Why not just pay it off when you pick it up?

[quote name='klimb22']Maybe I'm missing something, but why do people pay off pre-orders? Why not just pay it off when you pick it up?[/QUOTE]

Debit vs. credit @ checkout.

[quote name='klimb22']Maybe I'm missing something, but why do people pay off pre-orders? Why not just pay it off when you pick it up?[/QUOTE]

Trading in games at certain times to take advantage of trade-in promos...if you get enough trade credit you can pay it off. Not everyone keeps hundreds of dollars of GS credit on their person at all times.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Trading in games at certain times to take advantage of trade-in promos...if you get enough trade credit you can pay it off. Not everyone keeps hundreds of dollars of GS credit on their person at all times.[/QUOTE]
I do. I never know when I may need to use it and don't want it tied up.

My main reason for paying off my system preorder from GS in advance? I have a few Wii U launch title preorders through Newegg that will likely be charged on Sunday, and the last thing I want is my bank blocking any of my purchases believing they're fraudulent.

Another advantage of paying off your pre-order in advance, being able to walk in, and walk out rather quickly with your product.

[quote name='SEH']Another advantage of paying off your pre-order in advance, being able to walk in, and walk out rather quickly with your product.[/QUOTE]

And this. Just scan my receipt and get me out of there please. :)

[quote name='klimb22']I do. I never know when I may need to use it and don't want it tied up.[/QUOTE]

For some reason this made me laugh. I see you walking down the street, all of a sudden a crisis breaks out and you dig deep in your pocket for your PowerUp Rewards card.

"I got this" you say as you dart in Gamestop and make a purchase that will save mankind.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']My main reason for paying off my system preorder from GS in advance? I have a few Wii U launch title preorders through Newegg that will likely be charged on Sunday, and the last thing I want is my bank blocking any of my purchases believing they're fraudulent.[/QUOTE]
I understand that, but I can't identify. I haven't spent "real money" at GS (or BB) in years.

[quote name='hoofrog']For some reason this made me laugh. I see you walking down the street, all of a sudden a crisis breaks out and you dig deep in your pocket for your PowerUp Rewards card.

"I got this" you say as you dart in Gamestop and make a purchase that will save mankind.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='klimb22']I understand that, but I can't identify. I haven't spent "real money" at GS (or BB) in years.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. My preorder was paid with about 75% store credit and 25% debit card. I guess I'm just being extra cautious.

I picked up my copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited a few hours ago and I'm still wearing the hat even thought it's too small for my fat head. I'm so ridiculously excited and totally in love with these blue cases. I think I might need some lotion.

A few reasons for me: (1) I know for a fact that this particular GS has been more willing to hold a preorder when they oversell if its paid in full. I have to work Sunday morning, so on Saturday I will be asking the manager to please hold my console until 5, when I will be able to pick it up. I was also first at the store to preorder the unit, in the parking lot before the store opened. Hell, before the wii u press event even started.

(2) I have ZombiU, PlayStation All Stars, and Epic Mickey 3DS all preordered online and set to ship that day. If Chase stops anything because they think its fraudulent, It sure as hell ain't gonna be the console.

(3) I don't really want to have to deal with being in the store that day any longer than I have to. All I have to do is pick it up and leave. If this thing ends up causing people to lose their shit trying to get one at launch, I want to spend as little time as possible between the clerk and the angry parent. "The fuck you mean you're sold out? He's fucking buying one right now!" I don't want to deal with that. And I'm sure, as with any major new electronics release, there will be boneheads who come to the store all day asking for it. I just want to deal with as little as possible on launch day.

[quote name='Drclaw411']A few reasons for me: (1) I know for a fact that this particular GS has been more willing to hold a preorder when they oversell if its paid in full. I have to work Sunday morning, so on Saturday I will be asking the manager to please hold my console until 5, when I will be able to pick it up. I was also first at the store to preorder the unit, in the parking lot before the store opened. Hell, before the wii u press event even started.

(2) I have ZombiU, PlayStation All Stars, and Epic Mickey 3DS all preordered online and set to ship that day. If Chase stops anything because they think its fraudulent, It sure as hell ain't gonna be the console.

(3) I don't really want to have to deal with being in the store that day any longer than I have to. All I have to do is pick it up and leave. If this thing ends up causing people to lose their shit trying to get one at launch, I want to spend as little time as possible between the clerk and the angry parent. "The fuck you mean you're sold out? He's fucking buying one right now!" I don't want to deal with that. And I'm sure, as with any major new electronics release, there will be boneheads who come to the store all day asking for it. I just want to deal with as little as possible on launch day.[/QUOTE]
(1) Does GS have a track record of selling someone's pre-order? I never pre-ordered anything at GS before the WiiU. I thought a pre-order locks your item in. At least for a certain amount of days.

(2) True. Better to work out any kinks now rather than when your at the register picking them up.

(3) Like all those fools picking up BLOPS2 yesterday. I wasn't there for that, but had to wait in the long line. People with no receipt, kids w/ no ID, GS trying to up sell, etc. They should have ran 3 separate lines. 1 for folks who just want to get the game and leave. No up sell. Second line for non BLOPS2 purchases. Third for all others.

Heads up! Just called my "pickup in store" best buy and they told me that they were having a midnight launch! Now, the best buy website does not say this so... Make sure you call your store. Another thing that made me a wee bit nervous was the fact that when I asked him about my online order he told me that I will wait in line outside and that the line would go all the way back to the videogames department... I told him my item was "pick up in store" and he said that I was guaranteed a console if that was the case. Thoughts?

[quote name='klimb22'](1) Does GS have a track record of selling someone's pre-order? I never pre-ordered anything at GS before the WiiU. I thought a pre-order locks your item in. At least for a certain amount of days.

(2) True. Better to work out any kinks now rather than when your at the register picking them up.

(3) Like all those fools picking up BLOPS2 yesterday. I wasn't there for that, but had to wait in the long line. People with no receipt, kids w/ no ID, GS trying to up sell, etc. They should have ran 3 separate lines. 1 for folks who just want to get the game and leave. No up sell. Second line for non BLOPS2 purchases. Third for all others.[/QUOTE]

GameStop is normally extremely reliable in terms of pre-orders. But after hearing today that my store "got some of the pre-ordered units today, and should get the rest tomorrow, hopefully"............I don't want to not get my unit because they oversold.

[quote name='klimb22']Second line for non BLOPS2 purchases. Third for all others.[/QUOTE]
What's the difference between the second and third lines?

[quote name='Drclaw411']GameStop is normally extremely reliable in terms of pre-orders. But after hearing today that my store "got some of the pre-ordered units today, and should get the rest tomorrow, hopefully"............I don't want to not get my unit because they oversold.[/QUOTE]

I stopped into my local Gamestop today (Cerritos, CA) to do some trade-ins towards the rest of my NSMBU preorder, and asked the GS manager how Sunday was being handled. I was told they're receiving only enough deluxe systems to cover preorders, but will likely have extra basic units on hand. No midnight release, but they are at least opening earlier, at 9am rather than 11am.

[quote name='klimb22']I understand that, but I can't identify. I haven't spent "real money" at GS (or BB) in years.[/QUOTE]

why do you trade in games into gamestop they are the biggest rip off in trade ins heck most of the time amazon offers double what gamestop offers and they give you free shipping to ship it to them. If not amazon i use local gamestroes and still get more then gamestop or craigslist

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']why do you trade in games into gamestop they are the biggest rip off in trade ins heck most of the time amazon offers double what gamestop offers and they give you free shipping to ship it to them. If not amazon i use local gamestroes and still get more then gamestop or craigslist[/QUOTE]

Because they have promo's? And sometimes they are better than Best Buy, especially considering how fast they can nuke values sometimes (Or nuke for no damn reason at all)

And lol, not everyone likes ordering from Amazon. I like getting my stuff at midnight or store opening, not waiting all day for the truck to show up and hoping my items are in good condition

[quote name='dgwillia006']Because they have promo's? And sometimes they are better than Best Buy, especially considering how fast they can nuke values sometimes (Or nuke for no damn reason at all)

And lol, not everyone likes ordering from Amazon. I like getting my stuff at midnight or store opening, not waiting all day for the truck to show up and hoping my items are in good condition[/QUOTE]

i understand the 2nd part but the promos still don't make them great deals plus also means you support that you might get say 10 bucks for a game but then they sell it for triple that. I know longer buy anything from gamestop all from amazon seeing gamestop preorder are not that great and fed up with their priceing and ripping people off. And not a fan buying a new game even if it's open and good chance has been played by store workers.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Won't worry when the next gen systems come out anyways, trade-ins will be nonexistant, money money money.[/QUOTE]

most games have online pass already. I think next gen all companys will have something like that and they will get their money on used sales. Plus the price of gamestop used games why not just by new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back