Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='musha666']Do they actually charge right away or just put the amount on hold? There is a difference. Plus for those of us with AmEx that synced our cards and tweeted whatever it was you get $20 back. For me pays for the tax so comes out to what I would pay at Amazon anyways.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, I didn't hit submit order. The final page didn't say anything about holds or no charges yet. I'll just wait out Amazon's page.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Dont know if someone already posted, but Bayonetta 2 will be a wii u exclusive. To me thats some bullshit, but its a smart move on nintendo. Hopefully the game does a re4 and eventually comes to other consoles.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, Bayonetta 2 was effectively canceled by Sega before Nintendo stepped in. So like others have said in this thread, I doubt this will be the same with regards to merely a timed exclusivity period.

Who knows though? Personally, I can't remember the last time a Nintendo-published game ended up on the other consoles.

taken from best buys website

Paying for Your Order

You may pay for your orders with Best Buy gift cards, a Pitch In™ Card, our electronic digital coupons, PayPal, and with a Best Buy credit card or major credit cards issued in the United States of America. Currently, we accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover® Card.
Generally, credit and debit card are not charged until we either ship the item(s) to you or confirm store availability (at which time you will be charged only for the goods we have actually shipped along with any appropriate taxes or shipping charges). However, we may pre-authorize your order amount with your credit or debit card issuer at the time you place the order, which may have an effect on your available credit line. When paying for a preorder with a debit card you will be charged at the time you place your preorder. Please contact your credit card issuer for more information.
If you ordered a special delivery item, you will be charged once a delivery time is confirmed. For digitally delivered orders, your credit or debit card will be charged at the time that you initiate the download of the product.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I like that you can do release day in store pickup with BB. Paying in full now, not so much.[/QUOTE]

It should just be a hold charge that goes away after a few days, I went ahead and did in-store pickup in case Amazon never comes through. Shipping at gamestop is killer.

[quote name='musha666']Do they actually charge right away or just put the amount on hold? There is a difference. Plus for those of us with AmEx that synced our cards and tweeted whatever it was you get $20 back. For me pays for the tax so comes out to what I would pay at Amazon anyways.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy puts a hold and then keeps renewing the hold until it ships and you are finally charged.

For the AMEX deal, you have until 9/16 to make the purchase. I don't think that will work since you won't be charged until November.

[quote name='Slight Defect']HAHAHA! Its ridiculous isn't it!? My sister is one of those people who buys everything apple and knows nothing about the tech... im sure thats most of their customers. Im happy with my custom built PC that is up to date on everything and made on the cheap, and my HTC One S Android thank you very much![/QUOTE]

I'm getting the iPhone 5. My current phone is an OG Droid. It started to suck bad so I rooted it and installed cyanogen mod. With the iPhones, Apple handles the OS upgrades and not the carriers so you don't have to fuckin risk bricking your phone. I like that a lot.

As for apple fucking it's customers over, all the companies make new products, many more than annually. IMO a smartphone costs so much that it really should last 4 or 5 years. I mean it's 200 on contract and the real price is 600.

[quote name='icpmattj']taken from best buys website

Paying for Your Order

You may pay for your orders with Best Buy gift cards, a Pitch In™ Card, our electronic digital coupons, PayPal, and with a Best Buy credit card or major credit cards issued in the United States of America. Currently, we accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover® Card.
Generally, credit and debit card are not charged until we either ship the item(s) to you or confirm store availability (at which time you will be charged only for the goods we have actually shipped along with any appropriate taxes or shipping charges). However, we may pre-authorize your order amount with your credit or debit card issuer at the time you place the order, which may have an effect on your available credit line. When paying for a preorder with a debit card you will be charged at the time you place your preorder. Please contact your credit card issuer for more information.
If you ordered a special delivery item, you will be charged once a delivery time is confirmed. For digitally delivered orders, your credit or debit card will be charged at the time that you initiate the download of the product.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Thanks! I might put in a pre-order through BB as a back-up in case they end up having an official Nintendo launch event here like they did with 3DS.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I have a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old. My older one loves Kung Fu Panda and Kinect Ninja on XBOX and has never had any interest in anything Wii. If anything, a prettier picture with more vivid colors will appeal to younger kids more. Not saying the Wii U won't look pretty "enough" right now, but there are 10 reasons why kids will want the PS4/720 to every 1 reason they'll want a Wii U imo.[/QUOTE]

Disagree with that strongly. The Wii far outsold both the 360 and PS3 despite being essentially a previous generation system with a motion control gimmick slapped on. My kids have never been that interested in playing my 360 or PS3 and that's despite the fact that we have a pretty deep selection of Move and Kinect kids titles. They enjoy Mario and Zelda and the Donkey Kong characters on both the Wii and the DS/3DS. They even love playing Gamecube games on the Wii. Most of the families I know locally are pretty much the same way. All of us dads have our own 360 or PS3 or PC and the kids play on the Wii, DS/3DS and in a lot of cases on iPads. My point is that familiar characters and good gameplay outweigh technical specs and resolution for kids.

[quote name='skubish']Just ordered a black for in store pickup. I hate the Sunday releases.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. It did work out well for those of us who preordered the Wii from Amazon last time. Mots ended up with their Wii the Saturday before release date :D

For what a quick chat with a CS agent is worth (not a whole lot):

You are now connected to Karan from Amazon.com.
Me:Will you be taking preorders for the Wii U?
Karan :Hello Joe, my name is Karan. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Hi Karan!
I know Amazon has had some issues with selling Nintendo hardware, so I'm wondering if I should preorder elsewhere to make sure that I get one on launch day.
Karan :Could you give me the link for the Nintendo console?
Me:http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintend...ategoryId=pcmcat274600050016&id=1218807628374
I'd prefer to order from your company, if you'll be opening preorders soon.
Karan :I have checked and I am really sorry as the we don't have the item for preorder.
Me: Do you know if Amazon is simply not going to sell this system? At least initially?
Karan :I am I don't have info for this.
Me:Okay. Thank you very much for your help.

I preordered at Best Buy for in-store pickup. The fact that she had no idea what the hell I was even talking about says something to me.

[quote name='AFC']From what I've read, Bayonetta 2 was effectively canceled by Sega before Nintendo stepped in. So like others have said in this thread, I doubt this will be the same with regards to merely a timed exclusivity period.

Who knows though? Personally, I can't remember the last time a Nintendo-published game ended up on the other consoles.[/QUOTE]

Will not happen.... As I stated earlier in this thread, if its published by nintendo, it is not going to another platform! It sucks but thats that.

[quote name='skubish']Just ordered a black for in store pickup. I hate the Sunday releases.[/QUOTE]
The proper phrase is "african american." Racist. ;)

Grabbed my Premium preorder this afternoon, second in line. :D

As for the November release date being for Black Ops 2, I really don't think so. No one's going to buy a Wii U just for Black Ops 2 and it's not like Nintendo will see any of that money anyways.

[quote name='Slight Defect']Will not happen.... As I stated earlier in this thread, if its published by nintendo, it is not going to another platform! It sucks but thats that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Just left it open in case someone could prove otherwise, as I don't remember and don't feel like researching.

[quote name='icpmattj']taken from best buys website

Paying for Your Order

If you ordered a special delivery item, you will be charged once a delivery time is confirmed. For digitally delivered orders, your credit or debit card will be charged at the time that you initiate the download of the product.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so if I use my debit card I'm charged in full when I place the order even though its a preorder. I don't use credit cards.

[quote name='Slight Defect']Will not happen.... As I stated earlier in this thread, if its published by nintendo, it is not going to another platform! It sucks but thats that.[/QUOTE]

So what about Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie? Nintendo was co-publisher or publisher on those and they went to XBLA. The reason Goldeneye never came to XBLA is because there are too many license holders for it and Microsoft ran into problems because of that.

[quote name='SKEETER']Ugh I know too many of those people too. No use talking to them. As long as their stuff has an Apple logo, ignorance is bliss. Those people definitely won't buy Wii U because they also think consoles are obsolete because they say all of gaming is shifting over to iphones and ipads anyway? :???:[/QUOTE]

same here. i dont know whats wrong with them argh.

[quote name='ghozt']Didn't play the Wii much at all, but I'm a sucker for new gadgets I don't need. I have an old PS3 under my bed I'll likely trade in towards the Wii U to cut the cost down some. Now to build up enough trade credit to get this paper weight cheaper.[/QUOTE]

lol i truly love your attitude.

as for me im not sure what else i have i want to get rid of...the wii has 5 or 6 saves stuck on the system unless i play around with homebrew and try and get it off and then take off homebrew so i can trade it in...and 2 of those saves ive logged over a hundred hours in so i am not keen on losing them.

the ps3 well i'd have to buy another blu ray player. plus i have quite a few games on the system

xbox 360....i could maybe....but i'd need a new one i play that too much and i dont have 200 dollars for a new system maybe if they have a 200 dollar system with kinect.

3ds i just dont really feel like parting with it. i play it now and then. and ive heard the newer non launch models have worse 3d. also i dont know if downloaded games or not transfer but i could just google that.

but i preordered a wii u the nintendoland edition. God only knows why. my backlog is astronomical. but bayonetta 2 as an exclusive is great. tekken tag 2 wii u edition just looks hilarious and fun and am now mad i traded in two controllers to get the obvious inferior version.

i got the 32 GB one because well i dont have a spare HDD at the moment so 32GB is probably safer for a good while, nintendo land will probably be a good feeler for the gamepad and console in general, the stands and stuff to stick it on, and of course the black console.

but thanks newegg zombiu and tank tank tank for 15 dollars off!!!

[quote name='shopsmarts']I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

pcgamingmasterrace.jpg

That said, NSMB is gonna be great. Also, Bayonetta 2 is being published by Nintendo and is an exclusive.

AAAAAnd they're releasing the updated, "real" ninja gaiden 3. If it turns out to be a good game, I'd pay $350 for that alone. And yes, I'm 100% serious....I...I know I have a problem :cry:

Q: When will I be charged?

A: You will not be charged at the time you place the pre-order. Only when your item ships will your credit card be charged. If you order additional items along with your pre-order, you will be charged for each item as it ships.

[quote name='AFC']Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Just left it open in case someone could prove otherwise, as I don't remember and don't feel like researching.[/QUOTE]
I figured as much. There isn't any, Nintendo is usually very, very tight on their IP's and anything they publish. It's theirs, and unless they are going to make a lot of money off of it, they won't budge. Thats the main reason they never came to a agreement with microsoft to release goldeneye on either console....

[quote name='cgxcswim']So what about Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie? Nintendo was co-publisher or publisher on those and they went to XBLA. The reason Goldeneye never came to XBLA is because there are too many license holders for it and Microsoft ran into problems because of that.[/QUOTE]
Your right, exactly, you said it yourself. Except RARE owns the majority of their IP's now, unlike that fiasco and the rights went with them when RARE sold. Goldeneye is what put RARE on the map, so after that, they were careful what they let Nintendo put their name on completely. RARE also developed Donkey Kong 64 and Killer Instinct Gold, those aren't going anywhere because Nintendo owns them outright.

Case in point of all this: a Viva Pinata game on the DS!

I want it from Best Buy, for the RZ points and the RZ certs I have saved up (80 right now, more before November), but I'm not doing it on the website when it charges me up front. I don't think the girlfriend would like seeing that bill.

How long will GS hold a pre-order? Just realized that the 18th starts Thanksgiving week meaning we'll be out of state that week on vacation.

I preorered my copy today. Although I am keeping my Wii to play Gamecube games because I like the GC upscaling with component cables (Some games like SMSunshine and Wind Waker look fantastic). I'd buy GC component cables but they go for 60+ on eBay and I'd end up just losing my money since I would only get around $50 for my Wii anyways.

Edit: @thebighouse I believe you have up to 2 days to pick up your order but if the launch is limited they could possibly change it.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']How long will GS hold a pre-order? Just realized that the 18th starts Thanksgiving week meaning we'll be out of state that week on vacation.[/QUOTE]

Probably 48 hours

If you know the people at your GS even a little, you might be able to convince them to hold it for you till you get back. It might help if you also have a few games preordered. YMMV, but worth a shot.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Here's some GAMESTOP WiiU PRE-ORDER INFO (in-store only for now):

- $25 down for PUR members; $50 for non-members
- There will be old hardware system promotion for trade-in towards a WiiU pre-order (http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins#wiiutradeup)
--- $50 credit for old Wii system
--- $115 credit for phat PS3 and slim Xbox 360
--- $140 for slim PS3 system
--- $90 for 3DS system, PSVita, or original Xbox 360
--- ADDITIONAL $10 BONUS for PUR members
--- Expires 9/23/12
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - I may just do this as a way of upgrading my 3DS to an XL - I can buy the XL, transfer everything, then trade in the 3DS towards the Wii U preorder. That gets me the $100 they were offering for the XL trade-in without having to exchange it right then and there for the XL. Hopefully they apply this to preexisting trade-ins.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Exactly, they've lost a shitload of money of the last year. And kids today are much smarter than kids of even 6 years ago when it comes to technology. I can't see any kid clamoring for a Wii U when the slick new PS4 or XBOX 720 hit, regardless of whether it's $50 more for those systems.[/QUOTE]

Well, I say the opposite - what is a new PS3/360 going to offer beyond the current systems? Pretty much nothing that I can see - just slightly better graphics. Sure, eventually all the games will come out that everyone wants to play but at first there won't be much to them. The Wii U is a big jump over the Wii so I see it as a much more essential upgrade than the PS4/720 will be. If my oldest son wasn't a mega-Xbox fanboy (which, by the way, makes me as anti-Xnox as I can be - wish the thing would die, personally) I'd probably hold off on that for sure. I'm really hoping the rumors of production problems on the chipset causing a delay till 2014 are true - I don't see the need for a new Xbox any time soon.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I preorered my copy today. Although I am keeping my Wii to play Gamecube games because I like the GC upscaling with component cables (Some games like SMSunshine and Wind Waker look fantastic). I'd buy GC component cables but they go for 60+ on eBay and I'd end up just losing my money since I would only get around $50 for my Wii anyways.

Edit: @thebighouse I believe you have up to 2 days to pick up your order but if the launch is limited they could possibly change it.[/QUOTE]
Aren't the component cables for gamecube the same as the one for the wii? I mean the port on the back of the system, im pretty sure its the same

Thanks for the quick responses. I went ahead and ordered from best buy and will look to cancel my GS in-store preorder as there's no way I could pick it up until the 26th.

I believe they do a "pending" charge that drops off. However in the past when Ive done games like that itll drop off and reappear as pending and drop off i assume to make sure money is there at release.

In my experience, when you place an instore pickup order, bestbuy.com will put a temporary hold on your card for 2 to 3 business days. You aren't technically being charged though - it's just checking for availability of credit/funds.

I went with best buy out of convenience and the ability to easily cancel my preorder later if I change my mind about getting the system at launch if it turns out the game that has me most interested (ZombiU) turns out to be not-so-good.

I just chatted with a Best Buy rep and they confirmed that you will see a Temporary Authorization charge upon preorder. You will get fully charged once the system is shipped to the store.

[quote name='io']Well, I saw the opposite - what is a new PS3/360 going to offer beyond the current systems? Pretty much nothing that I can see - just slightly better graphics. Sure, eventually all the games will come out that everyone wants to play but at first there won't be much to them. The Wii U is a big jump over the Wii so I see it as a much more essential upgrade than the PS4/720 will be. If my oldest son wasn't a mega-Xbox fanboy (which, by the way, makes me as anti-Xnox as I can be - wish the thing would die, personally) I'd probably hold off on that for sure. I'm really hoping the rumors of production problems on the chipset causing a delay toill 2014 are true - I don't see the need for a new Xbox any time soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they will be a lot better than "slightly" better graphics. For one thing, I'm sure we'll see 1080p at 60fps though possibly not 60fps for games in 3D.

If your computer is good enough, you should up the resolution of this to 720p.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw

[quote name='Slight Defect']Aren't the component cables for gamecube the same as the one for the wii? I mean the port on the back of the system, im pretty sure its the same[/QUOTE]
A quick google search says that they are not the same and the Wii's is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back