Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they announced any sort of Trophy/Achievement type system? Sometimes I love it but sometimes it ruins my experience but I am still wondering if they are adopting that model.

Edit: Never mind...looks like they are doing achievements

The people in here comparing the next gen consoles such as the 720 and such to modern day PC for games need to get a reality check. If you think anything they manage to cram in there after neutering, butchering, and down clocking just so it doesnt melt a hole through the console from thermal reasons alone can even hope to touch a pc from even 3 or 4 years ago then you are going to be in for a massive disappointment come whenever they even announce the things. These things need to be streamlined and low cost so you wont be getting a graphical powerhouse of a system that will be a leap in gaming like none other...your going to get something that performs and looks about the same as now just MAYBE able to do true 1080p and 60fps and a nice healthy boost in ram.

But I digress, I went to GS today and put down my fifty on the Deluxe, only after having to wait in line since somebody in front of me brought in 3 or 4 family members and pre ordered 4 consoles. The store associate told me straight up its good that I came in when I did because the only available system was going to be the white if you didnt pre-order today from them anyway.

[quote name='gordojones88']This thread:

Chock-Full-o-Nuts-Can.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You're not kidding.

Slightly off-topic: What's happened to CAG lately? Maybe it's because I've only been here for a year or so, but I don't recall ever seeing so much rampant trolling and vitriol until recently. Not just in this thread, but others as well. I love visiting this site and these forums, and seeing many great people helping their fellow gamers out with deals. But lately it seems every other thread devolves into people insulting each other, system fanboy trash talk (something I thought ended two gaming generations ago), etc.

It's getting incredibly old.

Lol, unlike most locations, I just checked available stores for Pre Order, not only is my store still listed but most that were unavailable have become available. :p

I'm way too lazy and tired to read through all this but if anyone feels like answering do we know anything about Amazon selling them? I see Gamestop is sold out already and I really don't want to order from Best Buy if I don't need to.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm way too lazy and tired to read through all this but if anyone feels like answering do we know anything about Amazon selling them? I see Gamestop is sold out already and I really don't want to order from Best Buy if I don't need to.[/QUOTE]

They have yet to directly sale the 3DS XL, so I wouldn't have much hope in them selling the WiiU.

[quote name='kidkash03']They have yet to directly sale the 3DS XL, so I wouldn't have much hope in them selling the WiiU.[/QUOTE]

I think they actually did directly sell the XL for a very short period, but yeah I guess I'll just wait and see and then cry about it later when I can't get one. I just dont know about this thing...it seems like at any point MS or Sony can reveal their new consoles and then this thing is done for.

[quote name='confoosious']hahaha i see the trolls are really thriving in this thread.

stop feeding them, people.[/QUOTE]

NEVER!!!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']They'll be a little more powerful, but yeah, people dumping on the Wii U specs are going to be in for a rude awakening. The extra power will slightly improve the graphics and maybe allow for slightly imrpoved AI, but anyone expecting a leap from PS2 to PS3 is going to be wrong.

Also, and I said this once blu-ray hit with 1080p, there's only so much detail the human eye can discern. Hell even though it's a popular thing to diss anything less than 1080p, I've been in the HD game since before it became popular, and I've owned all sizes and technologies (LCD, Plasma, DLP, LED), and I can say for a fact that unless your TV is 60 inches or greater and you'll literally sitting 2 feet in front of it, you cannot even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. Really, you can't.

I'm the first one to embrace new tech, but right now I have little interest in buying a PS4 and then dumping 5,000 on a 4K TV.

You're going to get improved shadows/lighting/textures and the potential for stronger AI.

I will likely buy the 720 because I like the Gears/Halo exclusives a bit more than Sony's exclusives, but I will also embrace an HD Nintendo console.

And I really wonder who will be eating their words once Nintendo starts pumping out the HD remakes of epic games from older systems. People eat those up right now on PS3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

OMG THIS!!!! i seriously dont know why people cant grasp this. having the ultra powerful PC is great for people that do but you cannot freakin tell the difference after a certain point. eyes do not catch every detail nor have they ever been able to do so. the brain also does not make a point of forcing the eyes to catch every detail. so it might be great the leaves are super detailed but unless you stop playing and stare at them you will never notice.

and of course 720 vs 1080 you are again dead on your eyes and brain will not catch the difference. and those minor differences between 360 and ps3 games that are multiplatform unless its a huge difference you cannot tell.

now unless there is a super jump in graphical quality then you can tell....but realistically games have been graphically kind of the same for a while now.

I think I'm gonna wait and see how it actually is at launch, buddy of mine preordered yesterday so I can see how he likes his system before dropping my own money on one.

Slightly off-topic, does anybody know how the WiiU is gonna handle gamecube/VC games?

[quote name='GamerDude316']I think I'm gonna wait and see how it actually is at launch, buddy of mine preordered yesterday so I can see how he likes his system before dropping my own money on one.

Slightly off-topic, does anybody know how the WiiU is gonna handle gamecube/VC games?[/QUOTE]

It will not play gamecube games but you will be able to transfer your virtual console games over somehow.

So what are the odds we actually see Wonderful 101 and/or Zombie U on launch day? I'd love to get one other game day 1 beside Nintendo Land and NSMBU.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It will not play gamecube games but you will be able to transfer your virtual console games over somehow.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering how because you sure as hell can't from one Wii to another. I lost $200 worth on VC stuff when Best Buy replaced my Wii and Nintendo flat out refused to get me my DLC back.

So hence, no Wii U for me.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It will not play gamecube games but you will be able to transfer your virtual console games over somehow.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has said that you'll need to have both the Wii and the Wii U connected to the Internet at the same time to transfer your digital content, so don't get rid of that old system just yet.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I'm wondering how because you sure as hell can't from one Wii to another. I lost $200 worth on VC stuff when Best Buy replaced my Wii and Nintendo flat out refused to get me my DLC back.

So hence, no Wii U for me.[/QUOTE]

They've already mentioned it will work almost exactly the same way as the 3DS transferring does.

I am a bit concerned that Best Buy is still accepting online pre-orders for the deluxe model. I put an order in early yesterday, but I have a strange foreboding that they could cut me down come 11/18 and not ship it. Can anyone assuage these fears or am I kept wondering until that fateful day? Might be time to invest in a tent... :cold:

Since I have an old 360 that rarely gets played, I think I'm going to trade that in towards a Wii U. Even though the Deluxe is sold out, I'm going to reserve the regular console for now just to get the extra trade-in credit and then wait for Gamestop to get additional Deluxe models later on.

So which online stores pre-authorize your debit/credit card immediately out of curiousity?

Best Buy = Yes
Gamestop = No
Amazon = No
Toys R Us = Yes
Walmart = ?
Target = ?

I live in NYC...think im just gonna hit up Nintendo World on launch day...they were NEVER sold out of Wii's while everyone else was. I had friends and relatives sending me there every other week to pick one up for them...LOL

[quote name='devincenzi']I am a bit concerned that Best Buy is still accepting online pre-orders for the deluxe model. I put an order in early yesterday, but I have a strange foreboding that they could cut me down come 11/18 and not ship it. Can anyone assuage these fears or am I kept wondering until that fateful day? Might be time to invest in a tent... :cold:[/QUOTE]

I worked at best buy when the PS3/Wii came out. We had only gotten about 20 PS3s but we did have 120 Wiis at launch.

Its different now id assume, but still, they had a big chunk, at least at my store.

I'm not preordering for a couple of reasons.

1. There are too many current gen games backlogged and coming out, to play.

2. The WU's launch lineup is meh. Re-up for $300-$350 NOW for only a handful of decent games I'd want? Pass.

3. Just like with new games, I don't preorder without a deal. This is not a deal. No money off, no free game, no nothing. This is not CAGish. I waited on the 3DS and was at least able to get it at a lower pricce AND the free Ambassador games.

Mark my words, there will be deals to be had on this. The preorder mopes will "first" and the people that wait a tad will save money, CAG stylee.

[quote name='Busyman']I'm not preordering for a couple of reasons.

2. The WU's launch lineup is meh. Re-up for $300-$350 NOW for only a handful of decent games I'd want? Pass.

3. Just like with new games, I don't preorder without a deal. This is not a deal. No money off, no free game, no nothing. This is not CAGish. I waited on the 3DS and was at least able to get it at a lower pricce AND the free Ambassador games.

Mark my words, there will be deals to be had on this. The preorder mopes will "first" and the people that wait a tad will save money, CAG stylee.[/QUOTE]

I took the "deal" to be the trade ins being offered at Gamestop for the system. Even if you don't want the system, can still do the trade in and cancel later.

I just ordered my third Deluxe Wii U. Lol. (All online at Target, BestBuy, and GameStop dot coms). Also 6 games and the Pro controller from Amazon.

Why 3? 1 for me and 2 for eBay.

I am genuinely excited for this. ZombiU and Lego City... ermahgehrd! :bouncy:

[quote name='devincenzi']I am a bit concerned that Best Buy is still accepting online pre-orders for the deluxe model. I put an order in early yesterday, but I have a strange foreboding that they could cut me down come 11/18 and not ship it. Can anyone assuage these fears or am I kept wondering until that fateful day? Might be time to invest in a tent... :cold:[/QUOTE]

I have those same fears, so I got a backup at GS while I could. I did my preorder at Best Buy in-store however.

I just placed another preorder. I went to Toysrus and put 20 bucks down, and now I have one wii u deluxe reserved for me(hopefully)

Now I have 2 wii u deluxe: one for store pick up at best buy, and another one for in store at TRU. Come on, I need to get at least one!!

[quote name='blinknot4']I just ordered my third Deluxe Wii U. Lol. (All online at Target, BestBuy, and GameStop dot coms). Also 6 games and the Pro controller from Amazon.

Why 3? 1 for me and 2 for eBay.

I am genuinely excited for this. ZombiU and Lego City... ermahgehrd! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You disgust me.

[quote name='Busyman']I'm not preordering for a couple of reasons.

Mark my words, there will be deals to be had on this. The preorder mopes will "first" and the people that wait a tad will save money, CAG stylee.[/QUOTE]

Let's see.

Pre-ordered at Best Buy

I have a MasterCard Reward Zone Credit Card and get double reward zone points. Gamers Club also does double points so it does stack according to my account. In addition, I get a 25% Premier Silver bonus points as well.

Therefore, I'll be getting about 1200ish points after paying it full on the credit card so that'll net me almost $25 in RZ certs.

Seems like a deal to me but your deal may vary depending on what you do to the console. Most seems to put it on eBay/Craigslist once they buy it and mark up the price.

[quote name='Mixer236']You disgust me.[/QUOTE]

Why?

*Edit -- Keep in mind, there is no guarantee that I'll even make a single penny profit. These could be more common than gallons of milk come Xmas time.

K-mart although allowing me to put it in the cart gives me an error upon checkout that although I am trying to purchase 1.0 quantity there are 0.0 quantities avaliable..similar at sears...so maybe sold out there as well?

[quote name='blinknot4']*Edit -- Keep in mind, there is no guarantee that I'll even make a single penny profit. These could be more common than gallons of milk come Xmas time.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that.

[quote name='vlv723']Let's see.

Pre-ordered at Best Buy

I have a MasterCard Reward Zone Credit Card and get double reward zone points. Gamers Club also does double points so it does stack according to my account. In addition, I get a 25% Premier Silver bonus points as well.

Therefore, I'll be getting about 1200ish points after paying it full on the credit card so that'll net me almost $25 in RZ certs.

Seems like a deal to me but your deal may vary depending on what you do to the console. Most seems to put it on eBay/Craigslist once they buy it and mark up the price.[/QUOTE]
Hate to burst your bubble but Gamers Club will NOT give you double points. Systems are not eligible.

Ended up pre-ordering a deluxe at best-buy shortly after it went live. I kinda skipped out on the Wii last generation, but for some reason this one has my interest (and perhaps I will play some of the first party Wii titles on it, finally).

Other than for Dragon's Dogma or watching a Blu-Ray, I haven't turned my 360 or PS3 on in over a year and a half, and I have similar lack of interest about MS or Sony's next offerings as I have a high end gaming PC. This thing will at least offer some games/experiences I won't be able to "do better" on my PC.

I -almost- pre-ordered the basic instead of deluxe, but the deluxe seems like a much better deal. Anyone else wishing the deluxe came in white as well? Gloss black controller and fingerprints is going to make my OCD kick in. I have went out of my way to avoid gloss black handheld electronics for years due to this (importing a ceramic white v1 PSP, my DSlite was white, my iphone is white).

My other concern with anything packing a LCD screen on it is dead pixels. Even one will drive me crazy, so here's hoping the quality control is strict on such things.

[quote name='Thrinn']Nintendo has said that you'll need to have both the Wii and the Wii U connected to the Internet at the same time to transfer your digital content, so don't get rid of that old system just yet.[/QUOTE]

It's just my opinion, but when Nintendo clarifies it's postition,
I think there's gonna be some hidden misunderstanding and
people will not be able to transfer their Wiiware games to the Wii U.

If I cannot be 100% guaranteed that all Wii U content I buy is tied to
my permanent Gamer ID, I will not buy another Nintendo product.

Has anybody seen anything that suggests there is a Gamertag ID used to purchase online content?

Man Walmart sucks. $400 for basic, game, wiimote. Deluxe is $50 more. That means they're charging you $50 for a wiimote. No way is that worth $50

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Ended up pre-ordering a deluxe at best-buy shortly after it went live. I kinda skipped out on the Wii last generation, but for some reason this one has my interest (and perhaps I will play some of the first party Wii titles on it, finally).

Other than for Dragon's Dogma or watching a Blu-Ray, I haven't turned my 360 or PS3 on in over a year and a half, and I have similar lack of interest about MS or Sony's next offerings as I have a high end gaming PC. This thing will at least offer some games/experiences I won't be able to "do better" on my PC.

I -almost- pre-ordered the basic instead of deluxe, but the deluxe seems like a much better deal. Anyone else wishing the deluxe came in white as well? Gloss black controller and fingerprints is going to make my OCD kick in. I have went out of my way to avoid gloss black handheld electronics for years due to this (importing a ceramic white v1 PSP, my DSlite was white, my iphone is white).

My other concern with anything packing a LCD screen on it is dead pixels. Even one will drive me crazy, so here's hoping the quality control is strict on such things.[/QUOTE]

I really wish I could have gotten a white deluxe, I have so much black plastic already.

I dont know why some people in this thread are complaining about the price. The price imo is actually quite fair and i wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is taking a small loss on it for NA (in japan they are making money because it a lot more expensive there).

My justification-
The wii u controller- $80- Whenever Nintendo does decide to release it standalone i highly doubt it's going to be $60 like 360 and ps3 controllers are now ($50 MSRP for wiimote). It has a touch screen and camera built into it. Although it may be cheap to make I doubt Nintendo will sell it for anything less than $80. They will probably actually sell it for $99.
So that's $80 of the value right there.

Wii U console itself- Right now the arcade xbox 360 is selling for $199.99. The Wii U is going to be more powerful than the 360, albeit by not much. It has double the ram and a slightly better graphics card. It even has 8gb of flash memory compared to the arcade 4gb. You can also plug in any external hard drive (didn't Microsoft take away this functionality? I may be wrong). Plus its a lot more smaller and compact than both the 360 and ps3 so that increases the cost as well.

You get to play Nintendo exclusives, it will have the best looking games of current consoles ( until the ps4 and 720 releases), a new gameplay experience (which micro$ and sony will likely incorporate as well if Wii U is successful, and you will get free online. And I highly doubt the ps4 and 720 will release for anything less than $400 so Wii U will still be the cheapest of next gen consoles.

i told myself i wouldn't get the wii u if cost anything over $299 and nintendo surprisingly met that cost. I even preordered the deluxe version because that's even a better value and I can sell nintendoland and possibly get that $50 back. Pre orders seem to be already sold out as well so i guess others agree the cost is pretty fair.

I've got a basic at Gamestop and a deluxe at TRU. Not sure which one I want yet. I'll make that decision if and when they're both available for pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back