Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AcePuppy']You still can't base it off of that. Business is business. Amazon UK is selling it. Those are also only B&M stores. None of them listed on that site are Online only retailers.[/QUOTE]
Amazon was listed on that list before, it was just removed today. By the way amazon currently does not sell the Nintendo Wii, 3DS, or 3DS XL. So basically they don't sell any Nintendo console currently.

Online shows none available at my local store, and stopping by, they had not made a preorder decision yet.

However, over by games they have a big 20" touchscreen for preordering games, and they have both WII U versions available on it for preorder.

Is the $5 they charge a refundable deposit if you cancel, or an actual charge just for preordering? I'm considering preordering two, one to keep, and one to flip to finance the keeper.

[quote name='AcePuppy']You still can't base it off of that. Business is business. Amazon UK is selling it. Those are also only B&M stores. None of them listed on that site are Online only retailers.[/QUOTE]

They used to list Amazon on there though. So it might mean something that Ninty removed them.

[quote name='therealdanhill']PLEASE answer, does toys r us charge immediatley?[/QUOTE]

I know someone else answered this, but if you're concerned it still may hit you with a hold, you can just walk into a physical TRU and put $20 down on one right now.

[quote name='jer7583']I don't think gamestop got very many systems allocated to them if they ran out already..
[/QUOTE]

That, and/or they've learned since the last few home console launches to scale back a bit on their accepting pre-orders, before knowing the exact number of systems arriving for 11/18.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']I know someone else answered this, but if you're concerned it still may hit you with a hold, you can just walk into a physical TRU and put $20 down on one right now.[/QUOTE]

It DOES put a hold on your account; just preordered a deluxe. Kmart and Target both sold out as I reached checkout...

[quote name='Gareee']Online shows none available at my local store, and stopping by, they had not made a preorder decision yet.

However, over by games they have a big 20" touchscreen for preordering games, and they have both WII U versions available on it for preorder.

Is the $5 they charge a refundable deposit if you cancel, or an actual charge just for preordering? I'm considering preordering two, one to keep, and one to flip to finance the keeper.[/QUOTE]
Is refundable. Done it in the past with games.

[quote name='DarkZero104']maybe i'm missing something but... why not just pre-order online?[/QUOTE]

OOS or putting a hold on the whole amount?

[quote name='wohomerhoo']Someone just put a deluxe on Amazon for $825[/QUOTE]

Plus $3.99 shipping, because $825 isn't quite enough to cover that :applause:

Are preorders available at all Best Buys through the kiosks? I went earlier today and I swear I looked everywhere through the menus and saw no option to preorder the Wii U.

So I ordered 3 wii U off bestbuy website, for my kids and nieces... but is there a chance that bestbuy will cancel my order?

They already put hold on my funds already...

I really don't want to scramble to look for wii U... if my order gets canceled.

Also do I have to line up early to get my pre-ordered consoles or can I just walk in afternoon? like will they hold the consoles for me?

Regarding Toys "R" Us and preorders:

Calculating Your Delivery Date: Pre-Order Items
Pre-Order items are available for purchase on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website in advance of the manufacturer's general public release date. Pre-Order items are shipped directly to you once the stated release date arrives and you will be notified of your order status via email. You will not be charged for any item until it is shipped to you. Expected shipment time for each item will be shown in your cart. Please note, expected shipment times appearing in your cart specify when an item is expected to leave our warehouse, not when it will arrive at its final shipping destination. Release dates may vary based on the manufacturer.

[quote name='baraam']So I ordered 3 wii U off bestbuy website, for my kids and nieces... but is there a chance that bestbuy will cancel my order?

Also do I have to line up early to get my pre-ordered consoles or can I just walk in afternoon? like will they hold the consoles for me?[/QUOTE]
Well you must be one hell of an uncle. And of course there's a chance they'll cancel it but what other choice do you have at the moment? I think maybe Tru still has them in stock (limit of 1) if you're that worried.

At the Kiosk I went to...I literally had to do a search for Wii U...that will bring up the system on the screen...it does not show up when you just hit the pre-order button

[quote name='htz']Amazon was listed on that list before, it was just removed today. By the way amazon currently does not sell the Nintendo Wii, 3DS, or 3DS XL. So basically they don't sell any Nintendo console currently.[/QUOTE]

Yes but NewEgg was never listed, and they sell all of the above and are currently not accepting preorders. This is still 2 months away so anything can change. All it takes is a single day to sell out of all preorders so they have all the time in the world.

[quote name='theflicker']Right, this doesn't bode well because of course you're basing this on . . . nothing.[/QUOTE] Actually I'm basing this on the already-announced price for a tablet controller by itself; $170 in Japan. So its pretty easy to generalize that the tablet controller accounts for half the price of the entire bundle, which means in order to keep the system to a certain price, the console itself had to be severely curtailed in terms of specs. Not too hard to understand, is it? And you don't think that is a cause for concern for the capabilities of the console itself? It should be.

EDIT: Here are the Japanese Yen costs for basic, premium, and tablet-only:

Tablet controller only: 13,440 yen
Wii U Basic bundle: 26,250 yen
Wii U Premium bundle: 31,500 yen

So the tablet costs half as much as the entire basic bundle. That's a pretty heavy cost for a controller in an overall bundle, and means the console itself had to be scaled way back to accommodate the controller cost in the entire package.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tonybonjovi']At the Kiosk I went to...I literally had to do a search for Wii U...that will bring up the system on the screen...it does not show up when you just hit the pre-order button[/QUOTE]

Got it, thanks for clarifying how to find it. Didn't try the actual search.

[quote name='baraam']So I ordered 3 wii U off bestbuy website, for my kids and nieces... but is there a chance that bestbuy will cancel my order?

Also do I have to line up early to get my pre-ordered consoles or can I just walk in afternoon? like will they hold the consoles for me?[/QUOTE]

Did you pre-order in store or online? I didn't see any notice of 1 per customer/family when I ordered online.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Actually I'm basing this on the already-announced price for a tablet controller by itself; $170 in Japan. So its pretty easy to generalize that the tablet controller accounts for half the price of the entire bundle, which means in order to keep the system to a certain price, the console itself had to be severely curtailed in terms of specs. Not too hard to understand, is it? And you don't think that is a cause for concern for the capabilities of the console itself? It should be.

EDIT: Here are the Japanese Yen costs for basic, premium, and tablet-only:

Tablet controller only: 13,440 yen
Wii U Basic bundle: 26,250 yen
Wii U Premium bundle: 31,500 yen

So the tablet costs half as much as the entire basic bundle. That's a pretty heavy cost for a controller in an overall bundle, and means the console itself had to be scaled way back to accommodate the controller cost in the entire package.[/QUOTE]

news flash....for example half a gig of RAM in a console is vastly different and far superior to half a gig of ram on a home computer. so the wii u does not need the latest HD radeon 7000 or nvdia GT 600 or whatever it is at now to be top of the line as a GTS 260 is far and away superior shoved into a console than on a home computer. given how cheap some of the older yet still quite good computer parts are they will make for a killer console because when a console runs games the vast majority of power goes to the game unlike a home computer that has countless of things it has to be able to do at any given time.

this is also why some features of the OS become unusable when running a game on consoles where as on a PC those features remain open.

so no the console did not have to get scaled back. lets consider buying stuff at retail you can get an average computer built for 400-500 dollars....nintendo is not buying this at retail prices. and average computer = Godly console specs and therefore quite capable of some killer games.

so go back and crawl into your anti nintendo hole now.

guys, I'm begging you, please stop quoting and feeding the troll. If he ignore him, he will die.

I'm refreshing this thread for any news on amazon pre-orders, not to hear his nonsense.

[quote name='ebaymarcaro']Did you pre-order in store or online? I didn't see any notice of 1 per customer/family when I ordered online.[/QUOTE]

I ordered online... I'm just hoping they won't cancel my preorders and run out of the consoles as they are holding my money.

My friend just did a preorder for four of them at the gamestop's in the pheasant lane mall. Two upstairs and two downstairs, lucky dawg he's going to be making $$$.

We've known some of the specs for a while now. The vid card's basically modeled after a late 2009/early 2010 vid card that AMD had that was able to compete with its successor because it drew too much power. Nobody knows what they've tweaked on it, but it's a damn fine base. RAM we know 2GB: 1 for the OS, 1 for the rest. Can obviously be tweaked down the road if they can figure out why the hell the OS requires 1GB of RAM as it really shouldn't. No more details are on the specifics of what specifically is being done with it, but... yeah. I mean putting it this way, it costs a *lot* more to get 4 year tech than 2 year tech in anything mass produced and the stuff in the current systems just plain doesn't exist anymore because it's way too old. The hardware's fine, modern, and blows away the current gen consoles. Whether or not you'd see the difference, well, that's up to the devs. But seeing how the PC has been scaling along, should be notable within the first year.

I did the same thing at my Best Buy after finding out yesterday that I missed the Deluxe preorder window by 2 hours.
My younger brother has a retail job so he's hoping to get a 10% discount on a Deluxe bundle at his store (if they'll even carry it), so worse case scenario, I'll get a nasty look when I get 5 bucks back from Best Buy.

[quote name='stageman12']It DOES put a hold on your account; just preordered a deluxe. Kmart and Target both sold out as I reached checkout...[/QUOTE]
Yes, but I'm saying you can go to an actual Toys R Us brick and mortar retail store and preorder it for $20, bypassing the worry of the website and any possible charges altogether.

[quote name='confoosious']guys, I'm begging you, please stop quoting and feeding the troll. If he ignore him, he will die.

I'm refreshing this thread for any news on amazon pre-orders, not to hear his nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Yes, please keep your head in the sand and refuse to deal with facts; after all, facts just get in the way of your blindness, don't they? I am simply pointing out the cost ratio of the tablet controller to the entire console package, which is way out of whack with normal console bundles. A typical XBox 360 or PS3 controller doesn't consume 50% of the cost of the bundle at all; in fact it is most likely far, far less. Thus the console itself has more resources devoted to it, and will ultimately be better.

I love how you beg and plead for people to ignore logical discussion, when it doesn't coincide with your narrow views. Now please, put your head back in the sand like a good ostrich! Don't listen to facts, they're evil! :lol:

[quote name='croqoa']Plus $3.99 shipping, because $825 isn't quite enough to cover that :applause:[/QUOTE]

The $3.99 shipping is standard for amazon so they can't really avoid that.

[quote name='kayne2000']news flash....for example half a gig of RAM in a console is vastly different and far superior to half a gig of ram on a home computer. so the wii u does not need the latest HD radeon 7000 or nvdia GT 600 or whatever it is at now to be top of the line as a GTS 260 is far and away superior shoved into a console than on a home computer. given how cheap some of the older yet still quite good computer parts are they will make for a killer console because when a console runs games the vast majority of power goes to the game unlike a home computer that has countless of things it has to be able to do at any given time.

this is also why some features of the OS become unusable when running a game on consoles where as on a PC those features remain open.

so no the console did not have to get scaled back. lets consider buying stuff at retail you can get an average computer built for 400-500 dollars....nintendo is not buying this at retail prices. and average computer = Godly console specs and therefore quite capable of some killer games.

so go back and crawl into your anti nintendo hole now.[/QUOTE]

Again you are simply ignoring a valid, factual point that I brought up. If the controller consumes 50% of the cost of the entire bundle, which is way out of whack, the console in that bundle will be substantially scaled back. There is no room for anything else; its a zero-sum game. Wouldn't you rather have had MORE resources dedicated to the Wii U console itself, and LESS to the tablet controller? Wouldn't you rather have a console that can stand the test of time for 5+ years? I certainly would.

It is very valid to point this out, and it does have a direct impact on the final product, the console itself. No reason to get nasty about it, but you can certainly discuss it rationally if you find that possible.

And as an alternative, I think what Nintendo SHOULD have done was to bundle their new pro controller (which looks just like an XBox controller), in with the console, and beef up the console itself, thus making it better able to stand the test of time. Then they could have sold the tablet controller separately, and driven sales of the tablet with games that really took advantage of it. Win/win, the gamer gets a better console with an included pro controller, and the tablet would be available for purchase later, once great games that use it are released.

[quote name='Psychonik']Will the Walmart bundle be available in store?[/QUOTE]

Not exactly what you were asking, but I'll bet Sam's Club will have some kind of ultra-bundle available.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Again you are simply ignoring a valid, factual point that I brought up. If the controller consumes 50% of the cost of the entire bundle, which is way out of whack, the console in that bundle will be substantially scaled back. There is no room for anything else; its a zero-sum game. Wouldn't you rather have had MORE resources dedicated to the Wii U console itself, and LESS to the tablet controller? Wouldn't you rather have a console that can stand the test of time for 5+ years? I certainly would.

It is very valid to point this out, and it does have a direct impact on the final product, the console itself. No reason to get nasty about it, but you can certainly discuss it rationally if you find that possible.

And as an alternative, I think what Nintendo SHOULD have done was to bundle their new pro controller (which looks just like an XBox controller), in with the console, and beef up the console itself, thus making it better able to stand the test of time. Then they could have sold the tablet controller separately, and driven sales of the tablet with games that really took advantage of it. Win/win, the gamer gets a better console with an included pro controller, and the tablet would be available for purchase later, once great games that use it are released.[/QUOTE]

I think the Wii U will comfortably stand the test of time for at least 3 years. And even then, let's say the Wii to 360 "experience differential was 1:3" meaning overall the 360 was 3x the technological gaming experience (just talking about graphics/AI/# of things onscreen at once, etc...) of the Wii. 300% advantage.

My guess is this time around the 720 will maybe fall in at 165-175% the technological experience of the Wii U. Just an educated guess based on what Ive read and heard rumorwise regarding both systems. PS4 for me is a wild-card, and will probably be the most powerful but also by far the most expensive. Doesn't seem like Sony learns its lesson.

So what exactly are we talking about here? A Nintendo console in HD that will yield I'd say at least 8 quality first-party or exclusive games a year that will be on par with what you see near the top of the line in current consoles for the next 3 years. Then probably another 2-3 years of it still being an HD console that'll look better in the long run than what you're currently seeing on 360 and PS3. And in those last few years, I'd be willing to wager you'll see a steady stream of HD remakes of classic Nintendo games (I can hope) and other neat things from Nintendo that'll keep people interested. Meanwhile Sony will be trying to convince everyone they need a 4KTV, and XBOX will be great for online play and the fun exclusives on that console that will look a little better than anything on Wii U.

Is that so horrible? Does that make the Wii U flat out not worth it? I haven't even talked about the fun factor of Nintendo games or what the Wii U gamepad might actually offer. I know personally I'm pretty excited to use that TVii feature.

The Kiosk at my local BBY store was down. A gaming employee pulled the Presell SKU from the system. The SKU for the deluxe unit is 6775874. It differs from the online SKU.

Preordering at the BB kiosk doesn't guarantee you a console though, does it? Last time I preordered games at BB, they didn't set them aside. I just picked it up off the shelf and paid the difference.

Went down to my local Best Buy and talked to the guy in the gaming department. Whipped out his sheet of new Wii u SKU's and let me pre-order a deluxe with a $5 deposit.

Anyone ever pre-order a console from Best Buy? Do they hold them at customer service like they do game pre-orders? I don't want to have to wait in some long line and not be guaranteed one on launch day.

[quote name='chimpmeister']And as an alternative, I think what Nintendo SHOULD have done was to bundle their new pro controller (which looks just like an XBox controller), in with the console, and beef up the console itself, thus making it better able to stand the test of time. Then they could have sold the tablet controller separately, and driven sales of the tablet with games that really took advantage of it. Win/win, the gamer gets a better console with an included pro controller, and the tablet would be available for purchase later, once great games that use it are released.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo designs their consoles around gimmicks: motion control, 3D, and now tablets. Selling the tablet separately only serves to fragment their user-base and curbs the motivation for developers to support it. How many games came out for the Wii balance-board? That supported the Wii Speak? At least Wii Motion Plus got a little attention, but that was only asking people to put up an additional $20, not another $150 for a tablet controller.

Nintendo seems content with leaving Microsoft and Sony to fight over tech specs.

[quote name='Thrinn']Nintendo designs their consoles around gimmicks: motion control, 3D, and now tablets. Selling the tablet separately only serves to fragment their user-base and curbs the motivation for developers to support it. How many games came out for the Wii balance-board? That supported the Wii Speak? At least Wii Motion Plus got a little attention, but not enough to sell people on a separate $150 controller.

Nintendo seems content with leaving Microsoft and Sony to fight over tech specs.[/QUOTE]

Well, you're right about Nintendo designing their consoles around gimmicks. Its been that way since the first DS came out, and the Wii and 3DS are perfect examples. And its true that NOT including the tablet controller would have fragmented their user base and made it more of a little-supported gimmick add-on.

But its a shame they couldn't just include the pro controller with the bundle, beef up the console specs as high as economically possible, and then ended up with a system better able to grow/compete in the future. I'm afraid that the tablet controller will ultimately sap the power from the main console in the long run, and make it much harder to compete with anything else. But its Nintendo, and they seem obsessed with being different, for better or worse.

[quote name='Thrinn']Nintendo designs their consoles around gimmicks: motion control, 3D, and now tablets. Selling the tablet separately only serves to fragment their user-base and curbs the motivation for developers to support it. How many games came out for the Wii balance-board? That supported the Wii Speak? At least Wii Motion Plus got a little attention, but that was only asking people to put up an additional $20, not another $150 for a tablet controller.

Nintendo seems content with leaving Microsoft and Sony to fight over tech specs.[/QUOTE]

Yes because the gcn totally beat the ps2

[quote name='lawdood']Went down to my local Best Buy and talked to the guy in the gaming department. Whipped out his sheet of new Wii u SKU's and let me pre-order a deluxe with a $5 deposit.

Anyone ever pre-order a console from Best Buy? Do they hold them at customer service like they do game pre-orders? I don't want to have to wait in some long line and not be guaranteed one on launch day.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered my 3DS XL in store from the kiosk, went smooth, they had it at customer service waiting on me on launch day, that said I ordered my Wii U at the same store

[quote name='lawdood']

Anyone ever pre-order a console from Best Buy? Do they hold them at customer service like they do game pre-orders? I don't want to have to wait in some long line and not be guaranteed one on launch day.[/QUOTE]
Woudln't they have to hold it for you? I'd hope if you preorder it you're guaranteed one.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Woudln't they have to hold it for you? I'd hope if you preorder it you're guaranteed one.[/QUOTE]

They held my 3DS XL

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I think the Wii U will comfortably stand the test of time for at least 3 years. And even then, let's say the Wii to 360 "experience differential was 1:3" meaning overall the 360 was 3x the technological gaming experience (just talking about graphics/AI/# of things onscreen at once, etc...) of the Wii. 300% advantage.

My guess is this time around the 720 will maybe fall in at 165-175% the technological experience of the Wii U. Just an educated guess based on what Ive read and heard rumorwise regarding both systems. PS4 for me is a wild-card, and will probably be the most powerful but also by far the most expensive. Doesn't seem like Sony learns its lesson.

So what exactly are we talking about here? A Nintendo console in HD that will yield I'd say at least 8 quality first-party or exclusive games a year that will be on par with what you see near the top of the line in current consoles for the next 3 years. Then probably another 2-3 years of it still being an HD console that'll look better in the long run than what you're currently seeing on 360 and PS3. And in those last few years, I'd be willing to wager you'll see a steady stream of HD remakes of classic Nintendo games (I can hope) and other neat things from Nintendo that'll keep people interested. Meanwhile Sony will be trying to convince everyone they need a 4KTV, and XBOX will be great for online play and the fun exclusives on that console that will look a little better than anything on Wii U.

Is that so horrible? Does that make the Wii U flat out not worth it? I haven't even talked about the fun factor of Nintendo games or what the Wii U gamepad might actually offer. I know personally I'm pretty excited to use that TVii feature.[/QUOTE]

Well none of us really know how the XBox 720 and PS4 will shake out in terms of specs. And I'm not saying this is horrible, just that having the tablet controller itself leech 50% of the cost of the entire Wii U console bundle will indeed hurt the console itself in the long run. Nintendo seems to stubbornly stick to adding gimmicks even at the cost of their core hardware; its really a shame.

[quote name='rckola911']ah cant wait to have my 5 wii us soon. Im going to hook them all up at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I hope that God smites you for your blasphemous ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back