Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Now granted take this with a grain of salt, but I called gamestop earlier to see if by chance they were still taking pre-orders, they were for the basic, I have my deluxe at Best buy, but was wanting a warm and fuzzy with a back up order, however the guy said they received an e-mail from corporate that all 500,000 deluxe systems they had been allotted were pre-ordered, yes he threw out that number, but to me that seems like so little for one chain for a major launch.

I also have a suspicion that all the systems aren't available for pre-order, I mean Black Friday is 5 days later, I'm willing to be some are set aside for that to use as door busters to get people into stores.

[quote name='Ninjaharley']Now granted take this with a grain of salt, but I called gamestop earlier to see if by chance they were still taking pre-orders, they were for the basic, I have my deluxe at Best buy, but was wanting a warm and fuzzy with a back up order, however the guy said they received an e-mail from corporate that all 500,000 deluxe systems they had been allotted were pre-ordered, yes he threw out that number, but to me that seems like so little for one chain for a major launch.

I also have a suspicion that all the systems aren't available for pre-order, I mean Black Friday is 5 days later, I'm willing to be some are set aside for that to use as door busters to get people into stores.[/QUOTE]

Its been widely speculated they'll hold some for Black Friday and id be inclined to agree with you. Ill be happy i dont have to wait in line at 2 a.m. to get one.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Its been widely speculated they'll hold some for Black Friday and id be inclined to agree with you. Ill be happy i dont have to wait in line at 2 a.m. to get one.[/QUOTE]

You know you have to also wonder how much of this demand is from resellers/scalpers because I was in a target and walmart and asked about preorders and they didn't even know it was coming out, now I know not every employee is created equal, but Nintendo hasn't really put out the buzz to the general population yet and their window is very short.

[quote name='Ninjaharley']You know you have to also wonder how much of this demand is from resellers/scalpers because I was in a target and walmart and asked about preorders and they didn't even know it was coming out, now I know not every employee is created equal, but Nintendo hasn't really put out the buzz to the general population yet and their window is very short.[/QUOTE]

LOL...Same With The Best Buy I went to...the Floor Guy in the Video Game Department had no idea how to pre-order or when it was coming out...I had to find it myself on the kiosk...when I got to the register...IN THE VIDEO GAME DEPARTMENT...the girl asked me what exactly it was that I was pre-ordering...EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SPELLED OUT ON THE PRINT OUT SHEET...I HAD TO EXPLAIN TO HER THAT IT WAS A NEW NINTENDO SYSTEM

[quote name='Ericsc']I'm curious how long Fry's has had these for pre-order.

Did they just make them available today?

Anyone check Frys's yesterday an know if they were available for pre-order or not?

Does anyone know if Frys has a history of overselling pre-orders? Or canceling orders?[/QUOTE]

Frys's has had it available since yesterday. I have done a pre order from them in the past and had no issue, but like any company they can cancel an order for any reason. Best Buy is known for this. I think they only charge once shipped, but I don't recall I'm sure somewhere on their site states that or a Google search should. I'm still personally holding out for NewEgg or possibly Amazon if they ever do.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Its been widely speculated they'll hold some for Black Friday and id be inclined to agree with you. Ill be happy i dont have to wait in line at 2 a.m. to get one.[/QUOTE]

You know how crazy those lines will be, you'll have to camp out for days to even have a shot. It amazes me that people will do that to get something like a $199 laptop.

[quote name='Youngnoble']You know how crazy those lines will be, you'll have to camp out for days to even have a shot. It amazes me that people will do that to get something like a $199 laptop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the people buying laptops are always good for a laugh, especially since the laptops are usually stripped of any good specs to begin with.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Do stores/companies know for sure how many units they are getting already? If they don't, they are probably just temporarily stopping pre-orders now just to be safe. I wouldn't be surprised sometime in October, people will get another chance.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. Its bad that the Wii U got its release date and price announced two days ago and now all the major retailers are sold/nearly sold out.

Me and the wife actually have decided to brave black friday this year, if the deals are worth it atleast. I hope my pre-order is good because I don't want to have to camp out in line twice in one week, that would suck

Thankfully I've gotten pretty good with the gaming dept guys at the Best Buy here, so I should be able to get a heads up if they get in a low amount, atleast I hope so, because I think most stores will get them in at the latest the week before

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I hope so. Its bad that the Wii U got its release date and price announced two days ago and now all the major retailers are sold/nearly sold out.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting Black Friday is more to blame, cause if their store doesn't have any but store X does where are the sheep gonna go?

I mean black friday is more and more of a circus every year

I just pre-ordered the Deluxe edition at my local Best Buy. Only a $5 deposit too. Apparently they just started taking them today there.

Amazon only has the regular bundle up & probably preorders already out as I can't do anything. Where the hell is the bundle that actually matters ie; black?

[quote name='earvcunanan']Walked into the Tukwila, WA location and pre-ordered the Deluxe, easily:

2CA1E668-5583-4670-A3DF-637FDEA54F2F-2107-00000204B8E6977C.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's strange because I thought the minimum preorder for the console was $25. Maybe they are doing like multiple waves of shipments for preorder? Still that is awesome.

I did the best buy pre-order. The guy working in the game department said that they would be cutting off pre-orders based on their allocations but I don't know how true this was. Also only $5 was required.

Darn. It appears to be that the Wii U will be very hard to find for people who didnt preorder now that all/most of the major retailers are sold out right now.

Well got my preorder in yesterday at BB. When I asked about it they took me over to the kiosk and printed out the ticket.

Was in Target today and asked about preordering but they aren't doing it and no word if they ever will in-store. May be wrong, but can't ever remember them doing preorders for consoles.

By the way, Target's been my go-to store for console launch purchases. They usually have a bunch available. At least thy have at th ones I've been to.

[quote name='photogenic_arrogance']I'm pretty ecstatic about the Wii U. Sure, none of the launch games are going to reinvent the wheel or anything like that, but they do look fun. That's all I really want out of any launch game.[/QUOTE]
+1
Right now Pikmin3 and Wonderful101 are must haves. ZombieU and Tanks!x3 are very probable purchases

And being a Rocksmith junkie, I'd love to see it come over as well. But that most likely won't happen until MS and Sony have their new systems launched

[quote name='JaylisJayP']They'll do that if there is no confirmed release date. I've heard launch for Zombie U, but I've also heard launch "window."

Gamestop seems to think it'll be available 5 days before the system launches.[/QUOTE]
Yup, usually an unconfirmed release date. But figure UBI will do everything possible to hit launch day. It'd sell like crazy being one of the few/only M-rated games available on launch day (think Red Steel). Of course I'm worried it'll become another red steel; a game full of promise and interesting ideas, but flawed in execution

[quote name='earvcunanan']Walked into the Tukwila, WA location and pre-ordered the Deluxe, easily:
2CA1E668-5583-4670-A3DF-637FDEA54F2F-2107-00000204B8E6977C.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I cancelled my online BBY order and got this at my local BBY store yesterday since I don't want to get charged full price once Sunday hits.

Let's hope whoever pre-ordered at the kiosk won't get screwed over on launch day. I do got the backup still reserved at Gamestop just in case.

I'm sure glad I used the newegg $12 off on zombiu and rayman. I didn't on Mario or Pikmin because they were still $99.99 at the time. Here's to hoping for another Newegg code prior to launch! On a side note, I called my GS today. They are taking pre-orders for the Pro controller now, which they weren't when I showed up at store opening to pre-order the console the other day.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Darn. It appears to be that the Wii U will be very hard to find for people who didnt preorder now that all/most of the major retailers are sold out right now.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to every console launch for the last twenty years.

I was #35 on my pre-order at GS, so I squeezed in another one over at BBY, as well. Hopefully, I can secure one on launch day and will cancel the other one soon after. Both stores said nearly all customers had requested the deluxe/premium bundle. Well done, Nintendo...so crafty.

I mange to get to Best Buy and reserve 2 deluxe units. Now I just have to find someone to take this second preorder.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Welcome to every console launch for the last twenty years.[/QUOTE]How was the SNES launch?

Well, preordered the white one from Walmart.com. Was able to cancel the wiimote plus after I had put my order in. Didn't need it, so it's a good 40 dollar savings now.

[quote name='likeme']I agree and my 3DS is covering for my Mario and Zelda craves. 300 is way to much unless it plays 3D blu-rays or blu-rays in general.[/QUOTE]
Well call me a sucker. Honestly, the real suckers were those who bought the PS3 (in which at launch was a glorified blu-ray player) for $599/$699 at launch. You can keep the blu-ray. Besides, Nintendo will not give Sony any money for using their technology. A new format will be coming soon anyway. So I'm on board.

[quote name='ricoraney']Well call me a sucker. Honestly, the real suckers were those who bought the PS3 (in which at launch was a glorified blu-ray player) for $599/$699 at launch. You can keep the blu-ray. Besides, Nintendo will not give Sony any money for using their technology. A new format will be coming soon anyway. So I'm on board.[/QUOTE]

I really hope not. I've been building up my blu-ray collection and now it is really respectable. I hope a new format for films doesn't come out any time soon.
Damn progression in technology

Just ordered a deluxe with Frys. I have no faith I'll get this but me pondering if I should or shouldn't order for the next two months would have driven me crazy. :)

FYI The product page is still showing both SKUs available.

[quote name='ricoraney']Well call me a sucker. Honestly, the real suckers were those who bought the PS3 (in which at launch was a glorified blu-ray player) for $599/$699 at launch. You can keep the blu-ray. Besides, Nintendo will not give Sony any money for using their technology. A new format will be coming soon anyway. So I'm on board.[/QUOTE]

There's no new format coming soon. Next is digital delivery. Until then Dvd and Blu-ray will stick around. Audio has just about reached its ceiling and video is great at 1080p. Tons of people still dont have hd, there wont be widespread 4K for a long time.

[quote name='paean']I preordered even though I don't want one. I have too much BB credit to care.[/QUOTE]
Same thing I said when I preordered at GS. If you've been on your CAG Ps and Qs the system shouldn't cost you any real money.

I really wouldn't have a problem with the white $300 model if it was a bit cheaper or still came with the charging accessories for the pad.

Anybody who is going to be downloading many games on this will end up using a cheap external hard drive anyway - 8GB or 32GB, it doesn't matter, you're going to run out of space if it's anything like the xbox.

The guy at my best buy seemed to know what he was talking about and clearly said that they would be cutting off pre-orders once they had exceeded how many they had to sell. I would guess that if they're selling you a pre-order, they're not exceeding what they have been told by nintendo that they will have, at least at the store level.

Online, it's easy to give someone a backorder email and also because you haven't charged them anything, who cares. Store pre-orders would logically get priority because those people have taken the time to put money down and travel to the store already, not to mention you have to deal with a return + bad customer experience if you don't fulfill it.

[quote name='HellMark']Just ordered a deluxe with Frys. I have no faith I'll get this but me pondering if I should or shouldn't order for the next two months would have driven me crazy. :)

FYI The product page is still showing both SKUs available.[/QUOTE]

Is there a hold authorization on your card after buying from Frys? I preordered in store at BB but I am looking for backups.

some people on gaf were saying frys puts an authorization hold for the entire amount on your card.

[quote name='thegamer']Is there a hold authorization on your card after buying from Frys? I preordered in store at BB but I am looking for backups.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there's a hold on there. I'm using a credit card also.

[quote name='jer7583']some people on gaf were saying frys puts an authorization hold for the entire amount on your card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HellMark']Yeah there's a hold on there. I'm using a credit card also.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I wonder if Frys will do any in store pre-orders. I gotta pick up Kirby tomorrow anyway so I'll check in the morning.

hmmm, I only preordered the wii u deluxe from bestbuy.com yesterday and it is oos now... kind of wondering if I should go in panic mode :) Can always give this to my bro's family if I both ship.

Walmart deal doesn't seem that good (just don't need the extra and I don't plan to see if I can cancel it)... what are the options now? in store BB to try my luck? maybe Frys instore since it doesn't list it online.

I actually read this entire 54 page thread and I have three main thoughts:

First, I think it's hilarious how many people are pre-ordering this without either knowing if they want it or flat out know they don't want it, and I'm not talking about the flippers.

Second, no wonder this is selling out everywhere, people are placing 2-3 pre-orders with the intent of getting one console. This has nothing to do with general demand. You think the general public is even aware of the Wii-U yet? I guarantee the majority of the pre-orders are flippers who think this will be the Wii launch part 2 (yeah, right) and you paranoid people making multiple pre-orders while only wanting to keep one.

Finally, and even more surprising, is how many people do not have/use credit cards. Do none of you use credit cards? Why so many questions about if so and so company puts an authorization charge or holds the money? Get a fuckin credit card and you won't have to worry about it.

[quote name='DeadbeatGa']Well, preordered the white one from Walmart.com. Was able to cancel the wiimote plus after I had put my order in. Didn't need it, so it's a good 40 dollar savings now.[/QUOTE]

How did you do that?

I didn't need it either, but wasn't able to get rid of the wiimote+ for my order

Sounds like Nintendo is artificially limiting preorders available to retailers if they really are sold out. The general public doesn't even know this exists yet, and they've had plenty of time of releasing no info to have these stockpiled in some warehouse in china. They would rather make people want "that hard to find item" than actually sell it on its merits, and will probably try to milk it for months. And I have not heard one person raving that they just "have to have it" yet. All reviews seem kind of bleh.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I actually read this entire 54 page thread and I have three main thoughts:

First, I think it's hilarious how many people are pre-ordering this without either knowing if they want it or flat out know they don't want it, and I'm not talking about the flippers.

Second, no wonder this is selling out everywhere, people are placing 2-3 pre-orders with the intent of getting one console. This has nothing to do with general demand. You think the general public is even aware of the Wii-U yet? I guarantee the majority of the pre-orders are flippers who think this will be the Wii launch part 2 (yeah, right) and you paranoid people making multiple pre-orders while only wanting to keep one.

Finally, and even more surprising, is how many people do not have/use credit cards. Do none of you use credit cards? Why so many questions about if so and so company puts an authorization charge or holds the money? Get a fuckin credit card and you won't have to worry about it.[/QUOTE]

The content of your post seems idiotic and misguided.

First, why does it matter to you if someone doesn't know if they want something or not? People have theri reasons. It's still early in it's life cycle and a lot of gamers here don't want to end up like the Wii where it was a HUUGE hit to the point that you couldn't find it for two years and all of the game content you want was churning out fast.

Second, people are trying to secure their place? Can you blame them? Especially with the 360 fiasco, people don't want to be stuck up the creek without a paddle. And none of the retailers have exact rules because they don't know the stock themselves.

Third, I don't know what world you live in, but didn't we have a financial crisis in 2008? People are smart to avoid interest. It's too much of a hassle considering many have yearly fees if you use them or not. I pay my credit card bill every month, but don't ever want to get one again because it's too much of a hassle. You're usually betting on a future that might now exist. Not to mention you assume everyone here can get approved for a credit card.

I'm out.

[quote name='scottman']Sounds like Nintendo is artificially limiting preorders available to retailers if they really are sold out. The general public doesn't even know this exists yet, and they've had plenty of time of releasing no info to have these stockpiled in some warehouse in china. They would rather make people want "that hard to find item" than actually sell it on its merits, and will probably try to milk it for months. And I have not heard one person raving that they just "have to have it" yet. All reviews seem kind of bleh.[/QUOTE]
And what does that prove?

The thing is, Nintendo CAN open another factory.....but....would you spend $1 billion on a console you're not 100% will be a succes?

Just because you think 'reviews are bleh' doesn't mean...well...first of all the final product isn't even out yet. :roll:

[quote name='gettinmoney662']

Finally, and even more surprising, is how many people do not have/use credit cards. Do none of you use credit cards? Why so many questions about if so and so company puts an authorization charge or holds the money? Get a fuckin credit card and you won't have to worry about it.[/QUOTE]

It isn't the best example but it's similar to the ME3 CE preorders. So many people preordered at multiple places that there ended up being a huge influx of returns lol.

[quote name='Linkgx1']The content of your post seems idiotic and misguided.

First, why does it matter to you if someone doesn't know if they want something or not? People have theri reasons. It's still early in it's life cycle and a lot of gamers here don't want to end up like the Wii where it was a HUUGE hit to the point that you couldn't find it for two years and all of the game content you want was churning out fast.

Second, people are trying to secure their place? Can you blame them? Especially with the 360 fiasco, people don't want to be stuck up the creek without a paddle. And none of the retailers have exact rules because they don't know the stock themselves.

Third, I don't know what world you live in, but didn't we have a financial crisis in 2008? People are smart to avoid interest. It's too much of a hassle considering many have yearly fees if you use them or not. I pay my credit card bill every month, but don't ever want to get one again because it's too much of a hassle. You're usually betting on a future that might now exist. Not to mention you assume everyone here can get approved for a credit card.

I'm out.[/QUOTE]

The content of your post does not seem idiotic and misguided, it is.

First, where did I say it mattered to me? I thought it was hilarious. I don't care.

Second, my second point is about everyone claiming this thing has some major demand when it's actually because everyone is making multiple pre-orders and the general public has no idea it's even available for purchase yet. It has nothing to do with people wanting to secure their Wii-U.

Third, you're talking about the financial crisis when people are spending $350 on a luxury toy? Assuming they're smart with credit cards, it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, what's the difference between paying it all in cash on release date or paying it off shortly thereafter? A couple of dollars in interest? I'd say that's an okay deal over worrying about tying up $350 cash for, once again, a luxury toy. Furthermore, only an idiot gets a credit card with an annual fee.

Having a credit card is important in creating a credit history for when you want to get loans for houses, cars, etc., in the future. If you have no self-control, then fine, don't get a credit card. But if you're not an idiot, then you have the option of throwing the $350 on the credit card and not having to worry about your account going in the negative (like someone said they were worried about).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back