Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
crap never though about doing a gamestop one just to sell it to dump all my gamestop credit

then again with all of the scammers on ebay good luck selling a system and seeing your cash

they will say they never got the system

ebay sides with BUYER 100% of time

so your out system and cash

I think the only thing they could have done to make the WII U more wack than it already was is to give the tablet motion controls while a camera tracks your movements all while in 3d.

Even so I dont see anything thats going to save it. However the only good that can come from it is now when i trash talk people in online video games i can say my new catch phrase. "Im going to wii on u drip drip drip ill wii on u."

[quote name='slidecage']crap never though about doing a gamestop one just to sell it to dump all my gamestop credit

then again with all of the scammers on ebay good luck selling a system and seeing your cash

they will say they never got the system

ebay sides with BUYER 100% of time

so your out system and cash[/QUOTE]

this i never understood how ppl sell things on ebay im kinda scared to try and sell things there due to this

[quote name='retrad']I think the only thing they could have done to make the WII U more wack than it already was is to give the tablet motion controls while a camera tracks your movements all while in 3d.

Even so I dont see anything thats going to save it.[/QUOTE]

Seems like you don't know much about the Wii U...haters gonna hate.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Seems like you don't know much about the Wii U...haters gonna hate.[/QUOTE]

I have a tablet and I have an I7 3930K with 16GB of 2133 ram in quad channel configuration computer and two current gen consoles I rarely play. What need do i have of inferior hardware?

Explain please?

Ive already saved the princess from Ganon and Bowser countless times now. They can stay unrescued.

[quote name='traxstar']this i never understood how ppl sell things on ebay im kinda scared to try and sell things there due to this[/QUOTE]

um...signature confirmation? costs $2

hmm, I think I will have to kick it to high gear trying to find a 2nd delux. Gave my bro's family a wii and a ps3 for christmas before, a wii u this year would be pretty cool.

The Wii-U is not going to flop/fail. It's a new console whereas the other ones are really old by now (whether it's the same power or more powerful is up to debate). It has some interesting new tech and it seems to appeal to actual gamers.

However, anyone expecting this to mimic the Wii's success is a fucking idiot.

[quote name='baboonfreak']um...signature confirmation? costs $2[/QUOTE]

they can just say whatever u sent is broke and or if it had codes or anything redeem them and send it back

[quote name='baboonfreak']um...signature confirmation? costs $2[/QUOTE]

Doesn't stop the buyer from saying they received a rock in a box and opening a SNAD claim; at which point they can mail back anything they'd like and keep the Wii U and you'd be SOL

You guys really think most of you will be getting a system day one?

I'm calling it now, most stores will get 20 systems at most, and many will be dissapointed/angry.

Really? My post about my thoughts on the thread got deleted? Okaaay, I didn't even insult anybody or the Wii-U. But I guess we can't have a slightly off-topic (since it wasn't about me pre-ordering the system) but still completely related post in a 55 page thread.

[quote name='GBAstar']Doesn't stop the buyer from saying they received a rock in a box and opening a SNAD claim; at which point they can mail back anything they'd like and keep the Wii U and you'd be SOL[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. I would never, ever, ever, fuckING EVER sell a console on eBay or Amazon given their extremely pro Buyer policies.

How do Best Buy system preorders work in this case? I have a instore pickup order, and a preorder I made in store. I hope one of them works out. Do the instore pick ups get "picked" and set aside automatically without me having to worry about camping?

[quote name='GBAstar']Doesn't stop the buyer from saying they received a rock in a box and opening a SNAD claim; at which point they can mail back anything they'd like and keep the Wii U and you'd be SOL[/QUOTE]

yeah I know that siding with the buyer is pretty much automatic, but I've never had that happen to me(been selling on ebay for 6 yrs now) and you've just got to take your chances.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Mods are patient tonight.

Anywho, I have the strangest feeling preorder peeps are gonna get screwed.[/QUOTE]

They will.

I'm willing to bet they won't have any until after December/January

I love all the armchair quarterbacking in this thread.

Does anyone know if GS has updated to actual SKUs yet? I'd like my receipt to actually say "Wii U Deluxe".

[quote name='KanYozakura']I love all the armchair quarterbacking in this thread.

Does anyone know if GS has updated to actual SKUs yet? I'd like my receipt to actually say "Wii U Deluxe".[/QUOTE]

As of 9:24pm last night they were.

Edit: Holy crap, what a terrible way to use up my first post after 5 years. Oh well, at least I can get some pity karma...oh wait, wrong site.

[quote name='retrad']I have a tablet and I have an I7 3930K with 16GB of 2133 ram in quad channel configuration computer and two current gen consoles I rarely play. What need do i have of inferior hardware?

Explain please?

Ive already saved the princess from Ganon and Bowser countless times now. They can stay unrescued.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you're touting a tablet, not playing ANY console or PC and bashing on Nintendo games makes me wonder why you ever left Kotaku.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Darn. It appears to be that the Wii U will be very hard to find for people who didnt preorder now that all/most of the major retailers are sold out right now.[/QUOTE]

I can see it now. People constantly calling BBY and whatnot. It's going to be insane come November 18th. I'm thinking I should take that day off, lol. I'll deal since I have bills to pay. This system looks cool in it's own right. I bought a Vita earlier in the year, and I'm still breaking it in. I want to limit myself to one console a year, and besides I hardly have time for videogames as it is. :( Good luck to everyone else getting/thinking about getting one.

[quote name='AcePuppy']Edited Wiki to show Bundle is currently available on Walmart again.[/QUOTE]

It's not available. When you click on the wii u after doing a search, it says the page is unavailable.

[quote name='screwkick']It's not available. When you click on the wii u after doing a search, it says the page is unavailable.[/QUOTE]

I just added it to my cart with no issues.

Please note: Items in your cart are not reserved until you complete your purchase. Continue Shopping Proceed to Checkout
Cart Items
Store Pickup or Ship to Home?
Price
Quantity
Total

Nintendo Wii U Solution Bundle w/ Customer Choice of Wii U Game and Wii Remote Plus
Your Choice Wii U Console
(Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe Console w/ GamePad & Nintendo Land, Black)
Your Choice Wii U Game
(Wii Fit U (Wii U))
Your Choice Wii Remote Plus (Compatible with Wii and Wii U)
(Wii Remote Plus - Pink (Wii))
Save for later | Remove
Enter ZIP Code and click Go to view shipping/pickup options and estimated shipping.
Go
$449.00

Update
$449.00
Include a Service Plan?
Subtotal: (1 item) $449.00
Estimated Shipping --
Estimated Order Total: $449.00
Proceed to checkout to view final order total, including taxes, fees, shipping and optional gifting charges.

Proceed to Checkout available in checkout

To view estimated shipping,
enter ZIP Code

Open a Walmart Credit Card, Spend $100 Today and Get $20 back*
*Offer subject to credit approval
Learn More or Apply Now.

This system has some great potential. I hope they announce a 3DS dongle that will allow users to play 3ds/ds games on their TV through the wiiu. I was wary about the wii but I am confident the wii u will be a much better system. Look at the lineup and support they already have for the system! Nintendo is leaps ahead of where they have been in previous generations. I can't wait!

Situations like this happened to me twice, and I managed to win the dispute both times (partly through luck, partly through outmaneuvering the scammer). The second time the buyer left negative feedback after getting stuck with the item and no refund (he tried to return a bag of sugar instead of the item itself); apparently eBay considers negative feedback because someone wouldn't roll over and let himself be ripped off a valid reason for negative feedback, and did nothing about it. That was it for me with eBay - it's just a matter of time before you get screwed selling on that site.

In the good old days you wait outside the store in the cold to get your system. I will do this for the Wii U like I did for the Wii. Good times. I also live in Montana, stuff really doesn't sell out around here.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']How was the SNES launch?[/QUOTE]I actually remember walking into Ames with my Dad and buying it, I think the day it came out. There was a huge line but we weren't there all day or anything. It wasn't like outside the store.

All of the Gamestop stores in my area have signs up saying no more preorders for the Wii U. I might end up doing a preorder on ebay or craigslist.

This might be the biggest console launch ever.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']How was the SNES launch?[/QUOTE]

I remember the SNES being very difficult to come by (bundled with Super Mario World) until about 1.5 months after the initial release date.

The real difficult thing to find back then was the software. The semi-strong (but fun) launch titles (F-Zero, Pilotwings, Sim City) were always in stock at most stores and some of the 3rd party titles such as "Actraiser" were notoriously difficult to find until about 1 months after the release.

It also didn't help that there weren't too many stores in existence (at least around here) that would get more than 6 copies of each game title at any given time. The internet wasn't really in widespread usage (aka available to the 'normal' public who are NOT computer-savvy types) until around 1996 so you could only depend on stores like Toys R Us, Kay Bee Toys, Electronics Boutique, Funcoland and a slew of mom & pop stores that would carry those hard to track down game titles.

People today have so much technology at their disposal to help them buy items.

[quote name='InvaderZim']All of the Gamestop stores in my area have signs up saying no more preorders for the Wii U. I might end up doing a preorder on ebay or craigslist.

This might be the biggest console launch ever.[/QUOTE]
Just Deluxe(Already knew they sold out) or the basic too? (Already preordered mine) As someone on the west coast who has family members that want to preorder when our GS opens at 10am, inquiring minds want to know.

[quote name='GunPanther']I remember the SNES being very difficult to come by (bundled with Super Mario World) until about 1.5 months after the initial release date.

The real difficult thing to find back then was the software. The semi-strong (but fun) launch titles (F-Zero, Pilotwings, Sim City) were always in stock at most stores and some of the 3rd party titles such as "Actraiser" were notoriously difficult to find until about 1 months after the release.

It also didn't help that there weren't too many stores in existence (at least around here) that would get more than 6 copies of each game title at any given time. The internet wasn't really in widespread usage (aka available to the 'normal' public who are NOT computer-savvy types) until around 1996 so you could only depend on stores like Toys R Us, Kay Bee Toys, Electronics Boutique, Funcoland and a slew of mom & pop stores that would carry those hard to track down game titles.

People today have so much technology at their disposal to help them buy items.[/QUOTE]

I remember it selling out the same day it went on sale but not in the first 5 minutes....more like several hours later....
it is nothing today like it used to be in the old days

[quote name='Wanderlai']Its a gonna be crazy this a holiday season.[/QUOTE]

If the new Xbox and PS both hit next year it'll be taken to a whole new level. ;)

You know not trying to create artificial hype but for as long as I can remember since the mike tyson punchout games. Nintendo has always had shortages of new hot products. They are masters at streamlining. They did it with the Wii.

A year plus after launch everytime you go in a store they were sold out creating a mental look like ohh it is still must be hot. I am not mad I get it but it is annoying.

[quote name='gepet0']You know not trying to create artificial hype but for as long as I can remember since the mike tyson punchout games. Nintendo has always had shortages of new hot products. They are masters at streamlining. They did it with the Wii.

A year plus after launch everytime you go in a store they were sold out creating a mental look like ohh it is still must be hot. I am not mad I get it but it is annoying.[/QUOTE]

Great marketing though. How many things stay hot for 2 holiday seasons?

and this in turn doesn't stop the seller from starting a case of mail fraud which is a federal offense.

I've had buyers return things on bogus claims but have never been sent the wrong item back

[quote name='gepet0']You know not trying to create artificial hype but for as long as I can remember since the mike tyson punchout games. Nintendo has always had shortages of new hot products. They are masters at streamlining. They did it with the Wii.

A year plus after launch everytime you go in a store they were sold out creating a mental look like ohh it is still must be hot. I am not mad I get it but it is annoying.[/QUOTE]

Or they could have just made a quality product that was new anr revolutionary and had great marketing and everyone wanted. Especially the marketing about moving while playing instead of just sitting around. Every kid wanted this thing and the marketing said to parenta that they would be getting some activity in.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Great marketing though. How many things stay hot for 2 holiday seasons?[/QUOTE]

This didn't work for them, they admitted to losing money because they couldn't keep up with the demand. For example, I skipped the wii entirely because I couldn't find one. If they make people wait a year, and the new xbox or playstation gets to be available they lose all their footing. Also, wii is the number 3 system. I'm sure everyone wants to see Nintendo get back into the top spot again. I certainly don't want to get a wii u to have it become another wii where there is only one good title per year & a bunch of wii fit or wii interactive game panel shit.

Just noticed the following 3 bundles via Google Search that aren't showing in a Gamestop search on there website. Google Redirects to broken links, but the details are below.

UmfSpjXlLOJeNgMtDgaTWYmOmonoH_jvjlWybzIct1lpPsjkY9zia8bkZHZWp9jardTzz01--RgMmlbx8ns3AMUPvhSSuGy--23fJQceSV9Stu9XST8iEJCgK3Ir9AGxL6m16ueOYxm2r9CCR37JjfO6kxzl7w=s90-c
$439.97 - Wii U Ninja Bundle for Nintendo Wii U - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pIGwDw&usg=AFQjCNF7JqEbRgt6HXTlm0JEGw_KxwZheA

7DApL-QdfTgQ6KIlcPXA8LPKUZRHJxyJWmAARpuUamumO5S8y-zu5UBYek_hNEhxZJXwFB-7TkyyQTtefT3Om2D8qycVZb_oMLaWAWGLfopax8dpNTdaeW1Jhw_KhgeGQiien1UfS1C8bMQ7J2M-Yk0nGJawiA=s90-c
$459.96 - Wii U Family Bundle for Nintendo Wii U - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pIGwDw&usg=AFQjCNEnMcaqb3u2TFwsM_zl7MTKcLiBXQ

iTqdIqOoxJlgKkCuAh8rZbPMju7WcaFkTbt8myEkltxmEkDerWTBRdn0eF5xv-NoOSj3DfHy7ZDlXODbYU05tX_01Al9QaC7yjoti-bzfxWJ-UZyd6Vyf5gnwIiFLDo7GDfohyMsg5hel8a1OBoYvSJ74nG5hQ=s90-c
509.96 - Wii U Big Boy Bundle for Nintendo Wii U - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pIGwDw&usg=AFQjCNGzjFP9jLAz_xXX4N6huW1mpfpCcg

[quote name='Josh5890']^ Links don't work[/QUOTE]

Hence why I said "they aren't showing in a Gamestop search on there website." Which means they're dead links. You need to do a Google Shopping Search to find them, they redirect to a broken Gamestop page.

[quote name='AcePuppy']Hence why I said "they aren't showing in a Gamestop search on there website." Which means they're dead links. You need to do a Google Shopping Search to find them, they redirect to a broken Gamestop page.[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I shouldn't post before 10 am on the weekend

[quote name='GunPanther']I remember the SNES being very difficult to come by (bundled with Super Mario World) until about 1.5 months after the initial release date.

People today have so much technology at their disposal to help them buy items.[/QUOTE]

I remember the SNES launch very well, I was 13 and spent the entire summer mowing lawns and doing other odd jobs around the neighborhood to save up money to buy it at release. On launch day I had my money and got my mom to drive me to the mall. I was going to buy it from Electronics Boutique but when we got there they were sold out, I was so heartbroken, lol. The Software etc. store was sold out too, so as a last resort we walked over to Kay Bee toys and they had like 4 left so the day was saved :bouncy:

Looks like Amazon took down all the 3rd party sellers. It now show Currently Unavailable.

I know it's a crap shoot at this point but I have hope. Having Amazon Credit in this case has worked against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back