Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew bestbuy would screw people over, especially when i read one poster here state a guy before him put in 7 preorders in store, how about limiting it to 1 per person smh...

Well, I went to Game Stop to add ZombiU to my pre-order and asked again about the Wii U. They said it would be a midnight launch at my store and that it will indeed be who ever pre-ordered first, would be getting theirs for sure and since I was the 1st to pre-order, I will get mine on launch.

Still, I went to Best Buy to pre-order Dishonored and checked the Kiosk and it still let me do a pre-order in store for a Deluxe so I figured why not, put my 5 down as a back up incase something weird happens at Game Stop. I can always give my Best Buy Pre-order claim to my friend if all goes right.

One of the reasons I tried to find a place that didn't bill till it ships was if they tried to pull some bullshit of oh you paid in full and now your locked into a backordered item type of thing, I wouldn't be happy.

I chose Gamestop.com and while I hate Gamestop, I hope they are confident enough to not take more preorders than they could do. The premium model is sold out so I hope this is the case. I don't want to buy the system then be forced into waiting because oh, guess what, we fucked up.

I also hope I don't need to wait for a second shipment or some shit. Not that I need it on launch (will be a few days outside of launch because of shipping), but more so I was promised a launch date release console, so yeah...

All this preorder excitement and the earlier posts a about the SNES launch days had me wondering... Could you preorder a SNES back in the day from TRU, Babbages, EB, Lechmere, and all the rest? or was it more first come first serve?

The earliest launch excitement I remember is the N64 (well more Christmas excitement). Supposedly to get one for Christmas my dad spent all night outside Nobody Beats the Wiz along with 100 other people.

[quote name='Dokstarr']All this preorder excitement and the earlier posts a about the SNES launch days had me wondering... Could you preorder a SNES back in the day from TRU, Babbages, EB, Lechmere, and all the rest? or was it more first come first serve?

The earliest launch excitement I remember is the N64 (well more Christmas excitement). Supposedly to get one for Christmas my dad spent all night outside Nobody Beats the Wiz along with 100 other people.[/QUOTE]

The TRU, Babbage's, and Children's Palace (a TRU competitor) around here were first come, first serve when it came to consoles. What was even worse is back then there usually wasn't a specific release date, so you'd be stuck calling stores over and over to ask them if today was the day that they had a particular game or console in stock. Those were the bad ol' days. ;)

Pre-ordered at Best Buy and asked the manager what are the odds of not getting it. He said all pre-orders come first, no questions asked, so I am hoping that is enough.

[quote name='discordman']Pre-ordered at Best Buy and asked the manager what are the odds of not getting it. He said all pre-orders come first, no questions asked, so I am hoping that is enough.[/QUOTE]

I went in today to the Beaverton, OR location today and made some small talk during checkout with the manager and asked something along the same lines as this. He also gave me similar assurances. I also asked if they were doing a midnight launch and he said "90% positive." If any Portland area CAGs still want to preorder one, heads up; they still have some of the black deluxes it seems.

[quote name='discordman']Pre-ordered at Best Buy and asked the manager what are the odds of not getting it. He said all pre-orders come first, no questions asked, so I am hoping that is enough.[/QUOTE]

I remember I stopped preordering at GS because they'd give your preorder bonuses to the staff and you'd be SOL.

[quote name='confoosious']I remember I stopped preordering at GS because they'd give your preorder bonuses to the staff and you'd be SOL.[/QUOTE]

Goddamn that's evil!

[quote name='confoosious']I remember I stopped preordering at GS because they'd give your preorder bonuses to the staff and you'd be SOL.[/QUOTE]

:cry: Hardware launches always make me wish I worked in retail electronics.

[quote name='devincenzi']:cry: Hardware launches always make me wish I worked in retail electronics.[/QUOTE]

trust me when the Wii was in shortage for a long time no you didn't that was the worst. I'm really scared the Wii u is going to be the same thing all over again :(

[quote name='devincenzi']:cry: Hardware launches always make me wish I worked in retail electronics.[/QUOTE]

Lucky me, I'm gonna be working part time at Gamestop this holiday......can't wait to have all that pure hatred directed at me

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but just a heads up in case, Toys R Us are taking reserves in store as well. Just found out, and reserved my deluxe earlier today.

As for the Best Buy preorder, I did an instore pickup option a couple days ago. I figure I'll just go in Saturday the 17th before closing, speak with a manager to ensure I'll have it the next day so there's no screw ups. I know most of the staff, so I'm hoping I don't get screwed over.

Really wish I had a preorder midnight option, but sadly none of the 3 GameStops over here nor the Best Buy plan on being open at Midnight. GameStop said they planned on opening at 8am instead of 11am -_-. Looks like I'll have to wait in line at Meijer as a back up for a midnight release since they don't appear to be doing preorders.

Last night I saw the Walmart.com bundle having an estimated ship date of Oct 4th I think. Now it states Dec 31st. But the standalone deluxe I preordered a few hours ago said it had a ship date of Nov 18th. I am doubting they will ship standalones before the bundles. I do not have high hopes for that backup. (But Walmart.com came through for my 360 Pro preorder non-bundle when Gamestop had my in-store preorder backlogged.)

My primary deluxe hope is TRU in-store. I have a backup deluxe with TRU online. I asked what's the possibility actually getting the preorder in-store and the clerk said the only risk is if Nintendo does not launch that day (she's worked there many years).

It all started yesterday when I walked in to Gamestop thinking I could preorder a deluxe because the night before I saw it offered on their website (did not place an order). I was not keen on how the preorder hype was. I mean I think I preordered the Wii @ Gamestop three days after the price announcement without problems. They said that the deluxe preorders were cutoff in-store noon the day before (their new system allows cutoffs mid day). In desperation, I placed a preorder for the basic.

Gamestop let me preorder both white and black Pro controllers and the games of course. I think I have to get LEGO City Undercover there because they'll probably be the only ones with the minifig preorder bonus.

[quote name='Snowball21']As for the Best Buy preorder, I did an instore pickup option a couple days ago. I figure I'll just go in Saturday the 17th before closing, speak with a manager to ensure I'll have it the next day so there's no screw ups. I know most of the staff, so I'm hoping I don't get screwed over.

Really wish I had a preorder midnight option, but sadly none of the 3 GameStops over here nor the Best Buy plan on being open at Midnight. GameStop said they planned on opening at 8am instead of 11am -_-. Looks like I'll have to wait in line at Meijer as a back up for a midnight release since they don't appear to be doing preorders.[/QUOTE]

I would actually start calling the Tuesday before launch - I bet they will have them in the back of the store. Do what you can to prevent not getting one.

I tried to pre-order at K-Mart but the did not know what a Wii U was. They kept thinking I wanted a Wii holiday bundle (that is all that is showing up).

So I heard that handicap is prioritize and will be the first in line or follow the staff early to get their Wii U at launch. If you have a family or relative with handicap they might get theirs first and don't have to wait in line.

[quote name='devincenzi']I went in today to the Beaverton, OR location today and made some small talk during checkout with the manager and asked something along the same lines as this. He also gave me similar assurances. I also asked if they were doing a midnight launch and he said "90% positive." If any Portland area CAGs still want to preorder one, heads up; they still have some of the black deluxes it seems.[/QUOTE]
I had a similar experience at the BB location in SW MO. I asked if this console should get me a unit on launch day and the associate said "I don't like to use the word 'should', you 'will' have one on launch day". I also asked about a midnight release and he assured me that more than likely it will be since they did one for Madden. I don't know if this will alarm anyone or make them feel better, but it sounds like they are telling people the same thing to placate them for now. The fact that they are saying similar things around the country and with the online pre-order debacle, I'm not feeling confident in taking them for their word. We'll see, I suppose.

It looks like many people on here are pre-ordering from several locations. I probably should as well, but I am hoping to get a unit if not on launch, at least by the time my vacation rolls around. I have two other close locations that won't be doing pre-orders, but will have midnight openings, and things don't usually sell that fast in the area, so I'm going to have those as a backup I suppose, at least for games.

Also, my receipt looks the same as the other BB customers have posted on here, so it looks legit.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']So I heard that handicap is prioritize and will be the first in line or follow the staff early to get their Wii U at launch. If you have a family or relative with handicap they might get theirs first and don't have to wait in line.[/QUOTE]

Exploiting the handicapped for a Video Game system. Seriously dude, seriously?

I have seen some shit on the site, and somehow this managed to be the worst

[quote name='icpmattj']If i already placed a preorder instore at gamestop can i still take in an old wii console and get the $60 credit appled to the wii u preorder?[/QUOTE]
Assuming that you haven't paid it off in full, I don't see why not. Gamestop is usually good for trade in promotions. Just call them about it, but I am sure they will take your Wii.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Exploiting the handicapped for a Video Game system. Seriously dude, seriously?

I have seen some shit on the site, and somehow this managed to be the worst[/QUOTE]
Welp its Store Policy. You have to show proof or something. :/

It's not paid in full i only put the $25 down and i don't have the wii yet. I found a deal on craigslist and buying it from there and then flipping it to gamestop to credit towards the wii u pre order which will save me $30.

[quote name='icpmattj']It's not paid in full i only put the $25 down and i don't have the wii yet. I found a deal on craigslist and buying it from there and then flipping it to gamestop to credit towards the wii u pre order which will save me $30.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop allows you to add to your preorder whenever you want. I would call your local gamestop to be sure but whenever I dealt with gamestop and preorders they been generally good about it.

[quote name='icpmattj']It's not paid in full i only put the $25 down and i don't have the wii yet. I found a deal on craigslist and buying it from there and then flipping it to gamestop to credit towards the wii u pre order which will save me $30.[/QUOTE]

You should call your store first. Since this is a promo, the computer would probably only apply the bonus credit when pre-ordering and trading in at the same time.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Exploiting the handicapped for a Video Game system. Seriously dude, seriously?

I have seen some shit on the site, and somehow this managed to be the worst[/QUOTE]
Just wait till scalpers find this out. It will be the new lowest of lows. Exploiting handicapped so they can be guaranteed first in line systems to sell for profit.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just wait till scalpers find this out. It will be the new lowest of lows. Exploiting handicapped so they can be guaranteed first in line systems to sell for profit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the first thing i was thinking of.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just wait till scalpers find this out. It will be the new lowest of lows. Exploiting handicapped so they can be guaranteed first in line systems to sell for profit.[/QUOTE]

People were exploiting the homeless last BF. They would pick up a homeless person and pay them to stay in line over night and then come back in the morning.

[quote name='confoosious']you guys are such dicks! I had no intention of pre-ordering but I ran out to BB this morning and preordered the deluxe at Best Buy. I figure $5 now and plenty of time to think about it.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I don't preorder much of anything and have never done it for consoles. But this thread blew up like crazy on Thursday. Even with all the BS posts, it seemed smart to put 5bucks down.

Hell, I still have batman and Darksiders pre-ordered thru Amazon from when they posted the games at $50 a piece. Might cancel batman if it doesn't have all the dlc included

Well, he is the same guy that lies about getting stuff from AWD. It's not surprising.

[quote name='voidedx']Last night I saw the Walmart.com bundle having an estimated ship date of Oct 4th I think. Now it states Dec 31st. But the standalone deluxe I preordered a few hours ago said it had a ship date of Nov 18th. I am doubting they will ship standalones before the bundles. I do not have high hopes for that backup. (But Walmart.com came through for my 360 Pro preorder non-bundle when Gamestop had my in-store preorder backlogged.)

[/QUOTE]

I think the 31st is just a holder as lego city and wii fit u don't have release dates as far as I know. Still glad I was able to preorder a deluxe on Walmart.com I trust that more than b&m stores right now.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']So I heard that handicap is prioritize and will be the first in line or follow the staff early to get their Wii U at launch. If you have a family or relative with handicap they might get theirs first and don't have to wait in line.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's pretty messed up to take advantage of someone who's handicapped for a game system.

[quote name='icpmattj']If i already placed a preorder instore at gamestop can i still take in an old wii console and get the $60 credit appled to the wii u preorder?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Assuming that you haven't paid it off in full, I don't see why not. Gamestop is usually good for trade in promotions. Just call them about it, but I am sure they will take your Wii.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Gamestop allows you to add to your preorder whenever you want. I would call your local gamestop to be sure but whenever I dealt with gamestop and preorders they been generally good about it.[/QUOTE]
This has been a big debate the past couple of days. Some were told they could not get the bonus if they already pre-ordered. I don't think any one confirmed getting it done. Some said they would just make a second pre-order for the Basic to get the hardware bonus and then cancel and move the credit over to their Deluxe.

I think an uncle or something broke his leg at one point and had crutches and maybe one of those handicap parking things, maybe I should ask to borrow those?

[quote name='croqoa']I think an uncle or something broke his leg at one point and had crutches and maybe one of those handicap parking things, maybe I should ask to borrow those?[/QUOTE]

Go whole hog and pretend you have polio and the grippe.

[quote name='confoosious']Go whole hog and pretend you have polio and the grippe.[/QUOTE]

Yes...now we are thinking outside the box.

[quote name='LiteOnMe']Can someone please close the thread or move it to the Nintendo forum? Please.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to read this thread.

[quote name='LiteOnMe']Can someone please close the thread or move it to the Nintendo forum? Please.[/QUOTE]

I think there is a Wii U thread in the Nintendo forum already. This is in the deals forum because it is to keep track of where and when people can buy one. I dont understand your problem with it here.

I need to break my legs then!

[quote name='musha666']I think there is a Wii U thread in the Nintendo forum already. This is in the deals forum because it is to keep track of where and when people can buy one. I dont understand your problem with it here.[/QUOTE]

We have a forum for this stuff. It's the discussion one.

what store is this, Bestbuy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back