Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']Because there are a ton of shady people on Craigslist, and you could be robbed? Nah, never happens . . . . :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not if u meat at a police station.

I went to my local Toys R Us and put in a pre-order today for the Deluxe and they had the Basic as well. Was told they should have enough on launch day to pick up then, but at the worst I would get one in the launch week.

Lol i remember a ton of people here got robbed when the PS3/360 came out. By the time the Wii came out, they actually had armed security guards walking each person directly to their car and seeing them out of the parking lot.

[quote name='Wanderlai']They will have a trickle of console shipments to the retailers but your not going to find them in stock sitting on the shelves before Christmas. The scenario will be a delivery truck comes in with 10-20 units and they are sold as soon as they bring them in. Just my opinion of what will happen....again.[/QUOTE]

I agree you will not find them on shelves, but I think you are wrong about them selling them as soon as a truck delivers them. The recent pattern with this type of hot item is for the store to hold stock until a specific date to create hype, usually a Sunday.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol i remember a ton of people here got robbed when the PS3/360 came out. By the time the Wii came out, they actually had armed security guards walking each person directly to their car and seeing them out of the parking lot.[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly worried about that since my GS is in a slightly shady suburb...might have to pack some pepper spray that night. :whistle2:#

[quote name='KanYozakura']I'm honestly worried about that since my GS is in a slightly shady suburb...might have to pack some pepper spray that night. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Nah, just bring your friends, Smith & Wesson . . . :hot:

[quote name='Josh5890']I can't wait to see this thread on November 18th. "I wasted 10 hours in the freezing wind and came home empty handed"[/QUOTE]

I think the Wii U's initial sales will probably be pretty big. I mean, this is the first console of the next generation (even though like the Wii, it's hardly next gen), there are no other new consoles competing with it, and it carries the "Wii" brand.

I walked into my local Best Buy today and pre ordered from a very nice woman. This chic was the biggest gaming nerd I've ever personally met in my life. She knew more about the Wiiu than I did and had a friend who personally tried Zombiu which got me hyped. Went back to Gamestop to cancel my 8GB pre order (was all they had left) and the guy gave me attitude and told me I'd get shafted at the Bestbuy launch. This is why I haven't done business with Gamestop in years.

[quote name='bombfirst885']I walked into my local Best Buy today and pre ordered from a very nice woman. This chic was the biggest gaming nerd I've ever personally met in my life. She knew more about the Wiiu than I did and had a friend who personally tried Zombiu which got me hyped. Went back to Gamestop to cancel my 8GB pre order (was all they had left) and the guy gave me attitude and told me I'd get shafted at the Bestbuy launch. This is why I haven't done business with Gamestop in years.[/QUOTE]

On the one hand, i feel sorry for gamestop clerks. On the other hand some of them are such douchebags and liars.

[quote name='bombfirst885']I walked into my local Best Buy today and pre ordered from a very nice woman. This chic was the biggest gaming nerd I've ever personally met in my life. She knew more about the Wiiu than I did and had a friend who personally tried Zombiu which got me hyped. Went back to Gamestop to cancel my 8GB pre order (was all they had left) and the guy gave me attitude and told me I'd get shafted at the Bestbuy launch. This is why I haven't done business with Gamestop in years.[/QUOTE]

They kinda get screwed when people cancel preorders.

Ha they get mad cause they need sales/pre-orders like those to keep their job/get more hours. I worked there twice few years ago, once in Guam and once here in Texas. I never got mad personally, im a chill person but it's so funny shopping there and seeing them get mad when I/others cancel pre-orders.

if aomeone cancels a pre-order it looks bad on that employee even if he/she wasnt the one that got that customer to pre-order. kinda messed up ha

[quote name='confoosious']On the one hand, i feel sorry for gamestop clerks. On the other hand some of them are such douchebags and liars.[/QUOTE]This guy was a massive nerd in his forties and yelled this while walking out of the store. I had a good laugh. :D

[quote name='Flame Killa']They kinda get screwed when people cancel preorders.[/QUOTE]

This. On one hand, if the person is nice or i know them, i always put something else on reserve.

Otherwise if they come out with the "YOU WILL REGRET THIS!", I just laugh and leave.

I think the main thing that I'm having a hard time figuring out is that it seemed like there was absolutely zero or very little hype for the Wii U even after E3. So I'm surprised to hear about all of these retailers running out of preorders. Just seems to contradict the stories we've heard about the system not generating a lot of buzz. I've been excited for it for awhile and am happy I got a preorder in store at best buy. But I didn't expect the quick sell out after all we've heard or not heard in the news about the wii u this past year.

At one point we had two stores in town. One in a strip mall at walmart, and the other in a strip mall at target. The manger at the walmart store was such a douche bag that I'm convinced that's why the store closed. I even went on Yelp to check out reviews for the stores and people mentioned that guy by name as a reason they would never shop there again. I've done business with this gamestop during the 360 launch which went very smooth, and bought a few games over the course of the next few years. I told the guy I cancelled with at the counter that it was nothing against them just they didn't any stock for the console I wanted. Completely my fault for not getting out sooner for the pre order.

[quote name='dennisb407']T-bone or ham steaks?[/QUOTE]
I was actually thinking of another kind but I might get banned....:lol:

[quote name='Flame Killa']They kinda get screwed when people cancel preorders.[/QUOTE]

they should get better jobs then. not our fault that their "motivation" is to push pre-orders or lose hours.

[quote name='jer7583']they should get better jobs then. not our fault that their "motivation" is to push pre-orders or lose hours.[/QUOTE]
Um........do you just realize the fallacy you just made?

They won't loose hour per say but they can get reprimanded and eventually loose there job. The way that part of the business is set up is kind of crap but what can I say, at least I don't work there.

Walmart pre-orders say 'will ship 12/31/2012', which hardly seems like a pre-order. I'd like one around release time if I'm to bother.

Nintendo has learned to keep supply limited to maintain demand during a launch.

[quote name='ianoid']Walmart pre-orders say 'will ship 12/31/2012', which hardly seems like a pre-order. I'd like one around release time if I'm to bother.

Nintendo has learned to keep supply limited to maintain demand during a launch.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the non-bundle one and my order status states:

Processing
Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Wednesday, 11/21/2012 and Monday, 11/26/2012.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Um........do you just realize the fallacy you just made?[/QUOTE]

What i'm saying is that it's not the customer's fault if he felt he recieved better service elsewhere and chose to go with the gamestop employee's competitor.

His reaction to the customer being better served elsewhere is just plain childish. Would that make you want to go back there? Do you think that gamestop employee deserves the pre-order/hours/job? He sounds like an asshole, to me.

[quote name='jer7583']What i'm saying is that it's not the customer's fault if he felt he recieved better service elsewhere and chose to go with the gamestop employee's competitor.

His reaction to the customer being better served elsewhere is just plain childish. Would that make you want to go back there? Do you think that gamestop employee deserves the pre-order/hours/job? He sounds like an asshole, to me.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see and agree now that u explained more.

[quote name='Nibi']I remember the 360 being a bit more limited than the PS3.[/QUOTE] 360 was limited but PS3 was a gold mine, granted getting a hold of a pre order required waiting outside in the cold in most cases at that time. I sold a PS3 for 2k and saw them selling for up to 4k

[quote name='dgwillia006']There was atleast 1 full day of time to pre-order. And after Gamestop went, anyone should have been able to know that other retailers would start/sell out soon....

And the conference was known for almost a month in advance.[/QUOTE]

I guess I just did not give a shit enough to play Nintendo's little supply and demand game. Hell it took a year for 3DS to have a really great library I will be ok. When I finally get it maybe it will be $50 cheaper. I did not get a Wii until Year 3 saved $50 plus I had my choice of used games for dirt cheap. So go ahead buy the POS day 1.... I will be be better off.Not like I don't have PS3,360 and Vita to keep me busy.

[quote name='tightclaws']I guess I just did not give a shit enough to play Nintendo's little supply and demand game. Hell it took a year for 3DS to have a really great library I will be ok. When I finally get it maybe it will be $50 cheaper. I did not get a Wii until Year 3 saved $50 plus I had my choice of used games for dirt cheap. So go ahead buy the POS day 1.... I will be be better off.Not like I don't have PS3,360 and Vita to keep me busy.[/QUOTE]

Why are you in this thread?

[quote name='tightclaws']I guess I just did not give a shit enough to play Nintendo's little supply and demand game. Hell it took a year for 3DS to have a really great library I will be ok. When I finally get it maybe it will be $50 cheaper. I did not get a Wii until Year 3 saved $50 plus I had my choice of used games for dirt cheap. So go ahead buy the POS day 1.... I will be be better off.Not like I don't have PS3,360 and Vita to keep me busy.[/QUOTE]

You sound pretty angry.

I think the majority of these Wii-U preorders are going to flippers. And I think Nintendo loves the grey market, the free publicity they get from having numerous reports it's sold out and systems going for huge amounts on ebay and craigslist. Especially since there was luke-warm hype for the machine after e3 at best. And let's be honest, the launch titles have got to be some of the weakest available on any system launch so that certainly isn't going to push the system. Just my .02.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You sound pretty angry.[/QUOTE]

hes angry like most people he missed on a preorder to flip for profit and make money off people.

Lets be real 90% of the people in this thread are buying a WiiU soley to flip them on CL and EBAY.

I am not. Never flipped consoles, to risky. I always flip BF deals instead.

I'm still saying 3 month XBL cards for 15 dollars almost a year after BF lol

[quote name='RiPPn'] And let's be honest, the launch titles have got to be some of the weakest available on any system launch so that certainly isn't going to push the system. Just my .02.[/QUOTE]

General sentiment is that it's one of the strongest launch lineups in history so no.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Preordering at Walmart.com? Ugh, why am I caving into ordering this stupid thing...

Edit: An extra $30 for shipping/tax? lol screw that, I'll wait and buy it in New Hampshire[/QUOTE]I live in CA, so I am going to pay tax now, either way, so that's not the issue.

My issue is shipping. If Amazon was doing pre-orders, this would not be a issue, as I have Amazon Prime. However, with Wal-Mart, my two choices are two either pay for slow shipping, or pay out of the ass for fast shipping, and even then, there is no guarantee.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']Nah, just bring your friends, Smith & Wesson . . . :hot:[/QUOTE]

Or you could bring your other friends like Glock, Heckler & Koch or Sig Sauer.

Well, fuck it. I pre-ordered Wii U on Wal-Mart. Hopefully it ships when they say it will.

Otherwise, I just hope Amazon does not start any feuds with Microsoft or Sony. I rather do my business with them.

Just popped in to join the pointing and laughing. What a pathetic fucking loser.

[quote name='cartman414']Can you cancel a Wal-Mart preorder?

Also, how do you sign up for notifications from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

you should be able to cancel it from your walmart order detail page. Amazon notification sucks so don't bother. use zoolert or something similar.

[quote name='cartman414']Can you cancel a Wal-Mart preorder?

Also, how do you sign up for notifications from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

when amazon had the wii u up you just clicked sign up to become notified but since amazon took it down a long time ago i have no clue

[quote name='Eggman']General sentiment is that it's one of the strongest launch lineups in history so no.[/QUOTE]

Its looking pretty good, but I don't think anything is going to ever top the Dreamcasts launch. Great games with all the accessories available on launch day.

[quote name='dios']Its looking pretty good, but I don't think anything is going to ever top the Dreamcasts launch. Great games with all the accessories available on launch day.[/QUOTE]

The Dreamcast launch was pretty cool; A small but varied list of above average quality games to choose from, accessories available everywhere and systems widely available from most retailers. It's too bad Sony's PS2 crushed any chances for the Dreamcast to stay afloat for more than 3 years after its release.

[quote name='GunPanther']The Dreamcast launch was pretty cool; A small but varied list of above average quality games to choose from, accessories available everywhere and systems widely available from most retailers. It's too bad Sony's PS2 crushed any chances for the Dreamcast to stay afloat for more than 3 years after its release.[/QUOTE]

It was Sega's own fault, the fact that the PS2 played dvds put it over the top.

Was going to preorder and then I remembered how nintendo shafted people that bought the 3ds at launch. I won't fall for that trap. I will get it later when there is some actual good games for it and not shovelware and the same old mario game, at least give me a 3d mario game first.

If anyone preordered 2 or more Deluxe Bundles and are planning to sell one for more to make profit. Send me a PM. I want to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back