Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mike5366']Was going to preorder and then I remembered how nintendo shafted people that bought the 3ds at launch. I won't fall for that trap. I will get it later when there is some actual good games for it and not shovelware and the same old mario game, at least give me a 3d mario game first.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? The the WiiU has probably the best launch list of games for any system Nintendo has released in a long time.

[quote name='kitsunisan']It was Sega's own fault, the fact that the PS2 played dvds put it over the top.[/QUOTE]

You're right. If the Dreamcast had the ability to play DVDs as well (instead of those accursed Video CDs) it would have had a better fighting chance of sticking around longer but not by much.

[quote name='GunPanther']You're right. If the Dreamcast had the ability to play DVDs as well (instead of those accursed Video CDs) it would have had a better fighting chance of sticking around longer but not by much.[/QUOTE]

GD Roms.

ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros U alone make this one of the better launch lineups. Think about what some consoles have released with. The PS2, one of the best consoles of all time with one of the longest life spans ever launched with Fantavision.

One thing I just thought of, is black friday deals clearing out old Wii titles for the new Wii U customers. There are still a lot of great games we haven't picked up for the Wii, and while they won't really show off the new system's features, they could be some great deep discount purchases a week after Wii U release.

I'm guessing all the stores will be deep discounting old titles to clear them out in anticipation of new Wii U titles replacing that shelf space.

BTW, has anyone seen a online comparison of the new Wii U specs compared with current consoles? I remember when they first announced the Wii U they were talking much stronger graphic capability then the other current gen consoles that were out.

I'm holding off getting Darksiders II, Rayman legends, and Assassin's Creed III for Wii U versions, since all are supposedly going to be "enhanced" versions for the Wii U.

That gives me a lot of top titles for the Wii U release.

[quote name='Drclaw411']ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros U alone make this one of the better launch lineups. Think about what some consoles have released with. The PS2, one of the best consoles of all time with one of the longest life spans ever launched with Fantavision.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because that's the only thing it launched with :roll:

[quote name='renique46']Yeah because that's the only thing it launched with :roll:[/QUOTE]

Except you are forgetting just released enhanced titles also being released that I just mentioned.

(Darksiders II, Rayman legends, and Assassin's Creed III)

And there are more as well, like Arkham City Armored edition.

The WiiU's launch titles are just ports and the usual Nintendo rehash, mixed with some shovelware.

I did pre-order a WiiU for my kids but as of right now there are ZERO games that interest me.

[quote name='renique46']Yeah because that's the only thing it launched with :roll:[/QUOTE]

Its widely known that PS2 had a terrible launch lineup. I think the only games I bothered to get were DOA and Madden. Even those werent "must have" titles.

[quote name='RoMee']The WiiU's launch titles are just ports and the usual Nintendo rehash, mixed with some shovelware.

I did pre-order a WiiU for my kids but as of right now there are ZERO games that interest me.[/QUOTE]
Zombiu is a port/rehash/shovelware?

[quote name='RoMee']The WiiU's launch titles are just ports [/QUOTE]

Just ports to a faster system with better graphics capability.

We could easily find there are framerate issues on those games, yet they run silky smooth and look better on the Wii U.

We've got a 720p flatscreen, and are considering upgradin gto a 1080p 3D for chiristmas, since the Wii U will do that with ease, and all next year's next gen consoles will as well.

[quote name='RoMee']The WiiU's launch titles are just ports and the usual Nintendo rehash, mixed with some shovelware.

I did pre-order a WiiU for my kids but as of right now there are ZERO games that interest me.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, in reality what could any developer do in the amount of time given to get games ready. I am sure if Nintendo had it's way there would be way more games than just ports.

I'm just going to wait this one out. I've been a big nintendo fan since the 80's but I don't really like the bundle system nintendo is doing in the U.S. I mean no one wants the basic bundle for $50 less. I don't know why nintendo even offered the basic set and I want a white one not black because for one alot of my wii stuff is white and I just associate white with nintendo. Since I can't get the white no other way than the basic set (which is pretty much out of the question now after thinking about it) then I'll just wait. Nintendo would have been far smarter to just do the deluxe set and offer it in white and black imho.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Don't bother, man. Just ignore the troll.[/QUOTE]
lol, so anyone with a criticism is a troll? Funny stuff, gotta lay off Reggie's bath water dude.

[quote name='Gareee']Just ports to a faster system with better graphics capability.

We could easily find there are framerate issues on those games, yet they run silky smooth and look better on the Wii U.

We've got a 720p flatscreen, and are considering upgradin gto a 1080p 3D for chiristmas, since the Wii U will do that with ease, and all next year's next gen consoles will as well.[/QUOTE]

Google "Wii U games run in 720p".
Here I'll help you http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-games-run-in-720p/
And since you've never played a single WiiU game, how do you know it will have perfect framerate? Wishful thinking?

Ya'll children need to chill and look at it from a neutral position.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I'm just going to wait this one out. I've been a big nintendo fan since the 80's but I don't really like the bundle system nintendo is doing in the U.S. I mean no one wants the basic bundle for $50 less. I don't know why nintendo even offered the basic set and I want a white one not black because for one alot of my wii stuff is white and I just associate white with nintendo. Since I can't get the white no other way than the basic set (which is pretty much out of the question now after thinking about it) then I'll just wait. Nintendo would have been far smarter to just do the deluxe set and offer it in white and black imho.[/QUOTE]

Because then they get to say "starting at $299.99." They obviously want to push you towards the $350 one by making it a no-brainer to shell out the extra $50 which costs them about $10 more. But that doesn't mean the basic set is a dumb decision.

I'm not directing this at you but I never understand why people question these things. This isn't some rinky dink company selling thumb grips. They have large marketing teams that know what they're doing. (Or at least have reasons behind all decisions.)

Dont be one of those "they so dumb!" people cause it ends up making you look foolish.

I preordered one. Glad I checked CAG for F1 2012 deals and saw this because I had no idea the preorders started.

I'm certainly not buying this console for any power underneath the hood. I look at is as a very late comer to the current generation of consoles. I'll play the new Mario game and then probably sell in early next year after I realize its collecting too much dust.

[quote name='RoMee']lol, so anyone with a criticism is a troll? Funny stuff, gotta lay off Reggie's bath water dude.

And since you've never played a single WiiU game, how do you know it will have perfect framerate? Wishful thinking?

Ya'll children need to chill and look at it from a neutral position.[/QUOTE]
Sage advice, why don't you follow it? Being critical of something is hardly being neutral. But of course since I'm acting like a Nintendo fanbaby even calling you out, what do I know, Mr. True Gamer..

[quote name='tightclaws']I guess I just did not give a shit enough to play Nintendo's little supply and demand game. Hell it took a year for 3DS to have a really great library I will be ok. When I finally get it maybe it will be $50 cheaper. I did not get a Wii until Year 3 saved $50 plus I had my choice of used games for dirt cheap. So go ahead buy the POS day 1.... I will be be better off.Not like I don't have PS3,360 and Vita to keep me busy.[/QUOTE]

Just leave and shut up. Nobody cares about you!

[quote name='Linkgx1']Just leave and shut up. Nobody cares about you![/QUOTE]

Your quoting him and headlining his post at the top of this new page doesn't help the course of this thread.

[quote name='RoMee']

Ya'll children need to chill and look at it from a neutral position.[/QUOTE]

I am chilled.. and looking at things objectively. And how do you know the Wii U's game performance will NOT be much better than current system's performance? Bottom line is you don't, but the specs to appear to be capable of delivering more.

4 times the RAM, an entirely newly designed processor, and a video card that is 2 to 4 generations newer than the Xbox 360 video card. Yeah, I think that will deliver game performance better than what we've seen on both the PS3 and xbox.

The Toki game being released IS 1080p out of the gate around launch date, and looking at the progress we've seen in the ps3 and xbox in the last 5 years, I'm sure there will be plenty developer advancement in the Wii U's lifespan.

Also look at this comparison of the ps3 arkham city vs Wii U:
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/batman-arkham-city-wii-u-vs-ps3-comparison/

The wii U looks much better texture wise.

Will I dump our Ps3? Nope. But we'll have all the nintendo stable games as well as enhanced next gen game sto look foreward to, and odds are the xbox 720 and PS4 won't really be rolling in new titles till mid 2014.

If I'm bored of the Wii U by then, I'll just dump it, but I suspect getting the great local multiplayer that nintendo delivered on the Wii with better graphics and game performance will make the Wii U remain in our available systems.

Haters gonna hate though.

[quote name='glennzilla']Sage advice, why don't you follow it? Being critical of something is hardly being neutral. But of course since I'm acting like a Nintendo fanbaby even calling you out, what do I know, Mr. True Gamer..[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying look at it from a neutral prospective then make judgement, whether positive or negative, which is what he did.

And lol @ people who seem to consider ZombieU a killer app when the game isn't even out yet. Red Steel all over again. :)

[quote name='Gareee']I'm holding off getting Darksiders II, Rayman legends, and Assassin's Creed III for Wii U versions, since all are supposedly going to be "enhanced" versions for the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Rayman Legends is a Wii U exclusive.

[quote name='confoosious']Because then they get to say "starting at $299.99." [/QUOTE]

I was going to respond to PS2emotions b/c I agree with his sentiment - the "basic" in any color seems like a dumb choice - but I know this is why they still put the basic out. Well and also the hardcore gamers who don't want to spend money on Nintendo Land, but now Nintendo has convinced them to buy it for $50, which I think is funny. You know anybody who buys the while will also buy Nintendo Land at some point.
I would have preferred the $299 white basic also had Nintendo Land and the $349 black deluxe was the ZombieU bundle w/ the Pro controller. That way everybody could have won, well except Nintendo's bank account.
I'm not buying a WiiU until some retailer gives away Nintendo Land w/ the basic white package. Probably next spring or an Easter sale.

[quote name='lukejskywalker']Looks like the Basic model (8GB) is available again for pre-order at Best Buy![/QUOTE]

FYI the deluxe model is officially sold out in store now as well.

[quote name='tightclaws']I guess I just did not give a shit enough to play Nintendo's little supply and demand game. Hell it took a year for 3DS to have a really great library I will be ok. When I finally get it maybe it will be $50 cheaper. I did not get a Wii until Year 3 saved $50 plus I had my choice of used games for dirt cheap. So go ahead buy the POS day 1.... I will be be better off.Not like I don't have PS3,360 and Vita to keep me busy.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else find it odd that he talks about waiting years to get a system till it is cheaper and has a lot of great games, yet he apparently bought a Vita?

[quote name='renique46']lol @ the strongest launch. Maybe if a brand new 3d Mario debuted then of course but now not even close.[/QUOTE]

Its the first console to launch with a Mario game in 16 years. You're welcome to bitch about not enough dudebro, but you just look kinda silly.

[quote name='Gareee']
If I'm bored of the Wii U by then, I'll just dump it, but I suspect getting the great local multiplayer that nintendo delivered on the Wii with better graphics and game performance will make the Wii U remain in our available systems.

Haters gonna hate though.[/QUOTE]
Unreal Engine 4 games can be ported to Wii U, yes with a little bit of work, but they still can be. So in theory, Wii U can support some if not a lot of newer games on the PS4/720. Yes they wont look as good, or wont have as much effects but when it comes down to it, if the Wii U can essentially play any PS4/720 game (big if but, if it can) without looking as good and effectively cost $100-200 less by the time the PS4/720 comes out, it offers a very compelling package.

Being a PC gamer I know that PC games are made to run between ass and why did you spend $1,000 on your video card type of machines. Same logic could apply here.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Anyone else find it odd that he talks about waiting years to get a system till it is cheaper and has a lot of great games, yet he apparently bought a Vita?[/QUOTE]

I think its more amusing that he says the Wii U is a "POS" yet he plans to buy it anyways one day.

Rayman Legends is a great launch game too. Or at least I expect it to be given how fantastic Origins is proving to be. I think Legends might be top of the list for me.

Wow yesterday the mods were hammering every other post in this thread, and today the thread is back to being a sh*tfest of pro- and anti-Nintendo posts. Not very consistent, is it?

And I wonder why no one is acknowledging the "elephant in the room": the cost of the Wii U tablet as a percentage of the total bundle. If the Wii U tablet is costing (approximately) 50% of the value of the entire Wii U bundle, doesn't that mean Nintendo had to cut way back on the console itself? Can you imagine if the 360 or PS3 controllers cost HALF the price of the console bundle? Wouldn't leave much room for a solidly made console, would it? And before you flame, I am just pointing this out as a matter for discussion. If you flame it just means you're not willing to discuss important issues relating to this new console.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Wow yesterday the mods were hammering every other post in this thread, and today the thread is back to being a sh*tfest of pro- and anti-Nintendo posts. Not very consistent, is it?

And I wonder why no one is acknowledging the "elephant in the room": the cost of the Wii U tablet as a percentage of the total bundle. If the Wii U tablet is costing (approximately) 50% of the value of the entire Wii U bundle, doesn't that mean Nintendo had to cut way back on the console itself? Can you imagine if the 360 or PS3 controllers cost HALF the price of the console bundle? Wouldn't leave much room for a solidly made console, would it? And before you flame, I am just pointing this out as a matter for discussion. If you flame it just means you're not willing to discuss important issues relating to this new console.[/QUOTE]

Great topic for a conversation, but seeing as this is the Wii U preorder thread, I'm not sure why any conversation other than that about preorders is even being allowed.

My pre-order (B&M) experience today:

Best Buy: Deluxe doesn't show up in kiosk, only Basic.
TRU: Clerk can't find any preorder tickets for Deluxe, so only able to offer preorder on basic
Gamestop: Clerk says they got an email saying to not sell any more preorders
Target: No preorders ("yet")
Walmart: No preorders
Other Gamestop: Same as first
Back to TRU: Printed some more deluxe tickets when I came back, but then clerk got told by another clerk that they're only taking preorders on Basic.

So yeah, no luck getting a deluxe.

[quote name='Plinko']Great topic for a conversation, but seeing as this is the Wii U preorder thread, I'm not sure why any conversation other than that about preorders is even being allowed.[/QUOTE]
agreed. It is a good topic, and there are plenty of places to discuss. Why it continues to be brought up on a pre-order thread appears to be more about trolling. On the topic of +orders, gamestops in Wa tend to still take 8gb orders.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Wow yesterday the mods were hammering every other post in this thread, and today the thread is back to being a sh*tfest of pro- and anti-Nintendo posts. Not very consistent, is it?

And I wonder why no one is acknowledging the "elephant in the room": the cost of the Wii U tablet as a percentage of the total bundle. If the Wii U tablet is costing (approximately) 50% of the value of the entire Wii U bundle, doesn't that mean Nintendo had to cut way back on the console itself? Can you imagine if the 360 or PS3 controllers cost HALF the price of the console bundle? Wouldn't leave much room for a solidly made console, would it? And before you flame, I am just pointing this out as a matter for discussion. If you flame it just means you're not willing to discuss important issues relating to this new console.[/QUOTE]

Maybe theyre taking a loss or the cost of the tablet isnt as high of a percentage as you might think just going off that price in japan.

[quote name='crunchewy']Start new thread: Things only chimpmeister gives a shit about[/QUOTE]

Lol, he's hopeless. His opinion doesn't matter. And for half the functionality of the Xbox you gotta pay $60 a year. Different strokes for different folks. Vote with your dollar not on a stupid forum.

[quote name='madcatz1999']My pre-order (B&M) experience today:

Best Buy: Deluxe doesn't show up in kiosk, only Basic.
TRU: Clerk can't find any preorder tickets for Deluxe, so only able to offer preorder on basic
Gamestop: Clerk says they got an email saying to not sell any more preorders
Target: No preorders ("yet")
Walmart: No preorders
Other Gamestop: Same as first
Back to TRU: Printed some more deluxe tickets when I came back, but then clerk got told by another clerk that they're only taking preorders on Basic.

So yeah, no luck getting a deluxe.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect Wal Mart to do preorders. I never seen them even do preorders on games. No clue on Target, but I would expect the same.

I really do not know why the hate towards wii u and nintendo. It seems those fanboys are just people that are not able to buy all the systems, do not have maturity and starts bashing what they can't have it. Instead of saying that one system is better than other, I just buy all of them, and enjoy each one of them, without being a freaking child.

Just grow up guys. mods should start banning people.

[quote name='cartman414']Does Walmart bill upfront for preorders, or do they only charge upon shipment?[/QUOTE]
Pre-authorize upfront then release the charge in 3-5 business days.

[quote name='cartman414']In other words, they do a transaction which they then reverse a couple days later, then bill once the item ships?[/QUOTE]

Essentially, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back