Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='alexandertyler']I wonder how many of these will end up on eBay? It seems to me that the scalpers are the ones who are buying the majority of the consoles as I don't see any super compelling games on the system ... well, maybe Pikmin 3, Zombi U, and New Super Mario Bros. U.

It's also, of course, marketing strategy by Nintendo to make sure that it's the must have Christmas gift for 2012 by limiting the launch supply. They'll release allotments of the console all through the Christmas season and make it sound like you are super lucky to get one.

I hope all the true fans enjoy it and the scalpers choke to death on their own greed. Just my $0.02.

AT[/QUOTE]

Some people are already selling the Wii U at $1000 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles-/139971/i.html?_nkw=Wii U&_sop=3

[quote name='madcatz1999']
Target: No preorders ("yet")
[/QUOTE]

They've already had preorder...I pre-ordered 2 deluxe models Saturday night and used my Target Visa for the discounts...came to $708.xx w/ taxes and s/h

[quote name='xsdeal']Some people are already selling the Wii U at $1000 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles-/139971/i.html?_nkw=Wii U&_sop=3[/QUOTE]

It is ok to laugh when these peoples preorders are canceled. You will be able to tell who they are because they will be the ones threatening to sue BB or GS for some nonsense on these boards when they are canceled. It would be great if all the stores got together and canceled anyones order who ordered more than one per address or credit card. 0=-)

I am hearing on forums that we will not be guaranteed a Wii-u on launch date if so when i come in on november 18 i am going to rage if i dont get a Wii-u

[quote name='rockstarnati']I definitely want the console in black to match literally EVERYTHING else I own. lol... I'm not paying $50 for color though, that's for sure. But with 32gb instead of 8, the Wii U stand, GamePad stand, GamePad charging cradle, Nintendo Network loyalty program (whatever it's called) 10% discount, and Nintendo Land; it's the only option that makes sense to me. I have to admit I like to have a pack-in game like Nintendo Land that shows off the system's new features; but I don't want to go out of my way pay or pay $50 for it. Throw in all that other stuff though and I'm sold. The charging cradle is a big plus for me.

I'm one of those people that bought the black Wii to match my entertainment system. I sold my launch white Wii for such a good price though that it almost completely paid for the black one. I wouldn't have done it otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. Gamestop was running a promo at the time, and I ended up trading in my white Wii that nearly paid for the new black one.

[quote name='xsdeal']Some people are already selling the Wii U at $1000 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles-/139971/i.html?_nkw=Wii U&_sop=3[/QUOTE]

If you look at the successful completed Deluxe auctions, we see:
$800, $750, $670, $650, $600, $600, $590, $480.
The others are for reservation receipts only ($325-$450), these buyers have no idea they are not getting a system.

There are more unsuccessful completed Deluxe auctions:
$1000, $900, $800, $800, $750, $750, $750, $724, $650, $650, $650, $650, $650, $650, $650, $650, $550, $550, $500, $500, $400, $400, $380.

For each one sold, four did not. We'll have to see how the trend continues and what the market will bear for Wii U.

I'd rather have people demand that they will not pay above retail so only the end consumer gets what they want. But there are no laws on flipping.

[quote name='musha666']It is ok to laugh when these peoples preorders are canceled. You will be able to tell who they are because they will be the ones threatening to sue BB or GS for some nonsense on these boards when they are canceled. It would be great if all the stores got together and canceled anyones order who ordered more than one per address or credit card. 0=-)[/QUOTE]

I would be included in this. I ordered 1 for myself and 1 for my nephews and niece for Christmas. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that.

[quote name='confoosious']
Other than the built in memory (which doesn't really matter cause of cheap SD cards), are people wanting the deluxe for the color? The pack-in game you'll probably be able to find fairly cheap second hand I would think.

I don't know what part of the deluxe is a must have that spending $50 can't get you except for color. (Unless I'm completely missing one of the features of the deluxe.)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rockstarnati']I definitely want the console in black to match literally EVERYTHING else I own. lol... I'm not paying $50 for color though, that's for sure. But with 32gb instead of 8, the Wii U stand, GamePad stand, GamePad charging cradle, Nintendo Network loyalty program (whatever it's called) 10% discount, and Nintendo Land; it's the only option that makes sense to me. I have to admit I like to have a pack-in game like Nintendo Land that shows off the system's new features; but I don't want to go out of my way pay or pay $50 for it. Throw in all that other stuff though and I'm sold. The charging cradle is a big plus for me.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for me it was like this:

1) 32 GB vs 8 GB. Not a huge deal considering you can have external storage. But with 32GB I probably won't need to mess with external storage for a while so this convenience is worth a few bucks (let's say $15 or so value equivalent to a nice USB flash drive).

2) Wii U stand - my game shelf is pretty crowded with a PS3/360/Wii already there. I'll probably move the Wii but I still need this thing to stand up. So maybe $5 there.

3) GamePad charging cradle - this is nice, as I'd always want it to be fully-charged and ready to go. So maybe $15 value here.

4) NintenoLand. I wouldn't want to pay $50 or $60 for this, but it is fair to value this at, say, $30. And I probably will only be getting NSMB U and maybe Rayman at launch, so another game is nice to have.

5) Black console - eh, not a big deal to me, it is nice to have but really has no inherent value to me. At least this means my Wii U/PS3/360 will all match sitting side-by-side-by-side ;).

So right there I've come up with $65 in value for the extra $50. And then there's the wildcard of the premium online service or whatever it is. Since I really don't know what that entails I put no value on it, but it could end up being the best part if it is anything close to Playstation Plus.

So, yeah, all in all, I'd say the Deluxe is a no-brainer and based on the current preorder trends I'd say most people agree with that.

[quote name='jkircos']So I pre-ordered on the first day, and I now want to do the PS3 trade-in for $150. Will they let me? I can't find it on the website anymore.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - it does appear to be gone (it was supposed to run until the 24th). I think the reason is that they are selling the preorders so fast that the promo pretty much no longer applies, and isn't necessary anyway. So they probably just pulled it.

FWIW, I tried trading in my 3DS using the promo the day after I put in my Deluxe preorder and they said the only way they could do it was to cancel that and then put in a new basic preorder (since the Deluxe were no longer available) using the promo. So, yeah, of course I turned that down. I'm sure that a savvy store manager could have figured out a way to do it, but I didn't want to press the issue. I wanted a 3DS XL anyway, so I just ended up using that promo on the last day it was good (yesterday) and got the same value for my 3DS ($100) that I would have via the Wii U promo anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I'm so bummed. I didn't preorder in time and I was so hyped up about getting the Wii U. I used to call Gamestop every couple of days to see if they were taking preorders and then of course preorders started during a super stressful time that kept me from going to Gamestop/Best Buy for a few days and it looks like I missed out.

What is my best option now? I know Target hasn't taken in store preorders because they haven't received the little preorder cards. Should I just call Target every day to see if they'll get them in? Are there some retailers who never take preorders?

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Why wouldn't you want the deluxe model? For $50 more you get three accessories, a game, and the premium online service. Sounds like a deal to me![/QUOTE]

Because it's black. I have enough black stuff. Why can't I buy premium in white?

[quote name='Zerostatic']Damn, I'm so bummed. I didn't preorder in time and I was so hyped up about getting the Wii U. I used to call Gamestop every couple of days to see if they were taking preorders and then of course preorders started during a super stressful time that kept me from going to Gamestop/Best Buy for a few days and it looks like I missed out.

What is my best option now? I know Target hasn't taken in store preorders because they haven't received the little preorder cards. Should I just call Target every day to see if they'll get them in? Are there some retailers who never take preorders?[/QUOTE]

Do you live in Connecticut?

[quote name='gamerguy73']Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Best Buy put an authorization hold immediately on my account?[/QUOTE]

yes

I have my Wii-U locked in but I want to encourage those that didn't get in on it so far.

I don't think any nationwide store knows how many systems they are actually going to get, or even how many they are SUPPOSED to get. Toys R Us, in example, was stating to "check back soon" to see if they are offering additional pre-orders for the deluxe.

I think that you will see additional pre-orders become available between now and launch day, just be patient, keep checking, and pre-order a basic version in Best Buy brick and mortar for $5 just in case.

[quote name='paulwekiva']I have my Wii-U locked in but I want to encourage those that didn't get in on it so far.

I don't think any nationwide store knows how many systems they are actually going to get, or even how many they are SUPPOSED to get. Toys R Us, in example, was stating to "check back soon" to see if they are offering additional pre-orders for the deluxe.

I think that you will see additional pre-orders become available between now and launch day, just be patient, keep checking, and pre-order a basic version in Best Buy brick and mortar for $5 just in case.[/QUOTE]
I think stores know how many they are supposed to get roughly. I mean if stores didn't know how much they were going to get, and then they took 25 extra preorders, there would be fights, angry shoppers, and just an overall bad experience. I seriously think that Nintendo is trying to avoid the negative PR like that, or so I hope.

I realize it sounds naive, but I'd have to guess that stores have at least some tiny notion of how many systems they're being allocated. Keeping consumers happy is nice, but let's be fair... they're turning away money. Money that will just sit and earn interest for the company for at least 2 months. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I can't imagine companies are turning that away without a decent reason.

It'll become clearer if pre-orders open back up between now and launch, but for now I'll believe in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and that stores aren't just pulling this out of their asses.

[quote name='Zerostatic']Yeah. Any leads?[/QUOTE]

Well if you live in Connecticut and you know what Mangu con salami means, send me message. I might have a surprise for you. :D

[quote name='waldo21212']I thought this was relevant and puts things into perspective:

http://cheezburger.com/6585282304[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I'd be curious to see what the supply/demand numbers were like at launch for some of those older consoles. I don't really remember any console releases before the original Xbox. (Which I lucked out on picking up at a local Best Buy a few days after launch)

[quote name='dennisb407']They've already had preorder...I pre-ordered 2 deluxe models Saturday night and used my Target Visa for the discounts...came to $708.xx w/ taxes and s/h[/QUOTE]
s/h? My post was about B&M stores. Did you preorder in-store? I'm not the only one in this post that said their local target wasn't doing preorders.

[quote name='paulwekiva']I have my Wii-U locked in but I want to encourage those that didn't get in on it so far.

I think that you will see additional pre-orders become available between now and launch day, just be patient, keep checking, and pre-order a basic version in Best Buy brick and mortar for $5 just in case.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, toys r us is horrible in terms of actually knowing anything about anything. Id believe Gamestop first and Best Buy second as far as having any knowledge or organization of the issue.

Just called my Best Buy (Pacoima, CA) and they stopped taking preorders for the Deluxe in-store. The Basic is still available, but even the girl on the phone kind of laughed that one off. Glad I got mine in and I hope this means good news come November 18th.

I'm late to Wii-U news and I'm thinking about grabbing one, but can anyone tell me if there's a certain benefit to pre-ordering a unit? I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the regular vs deluxe vs waiting all together for a price drop. It'll most likely be through gamestop so I can get rid of this paperweight 360

Basic really isn't bad. There's less internal storage but you can plug in a flash drive, SDHC card. Or even a USB hard drive of any size. You're not getting the including accessories like the charging cradle, but you can buy those separate. The only thing you can't get is the club thingy, but nobody knows what that will offer. I think the only thing mentioned (so far?) is a small rebate on eshop purchases.

[quote name='prmtyme']I am hearing on forums that we will not be guaranteed a Wii-u on launch date if so when i come in on november 18 i am going to rage if i dont get a Wii-u[/QUOTE]
Why not? From what retailer?

[quote name='gamerguy73']I have 4 white Wiimote controllers and getting the black Deluxe system. Not too happy about that.[/QUOTE]

I feel you on that. I traded mine off when I got the mario edition wii. Perhaps your local target still has some of the fling smash bundles on clearance.
Now I have 2 black, 2 Red & 2 Gold. The children with the sticky hands get the black ones =D

[quote name='Jayrcee']I did the same thing. Gamestop was running a promo at the time, and I ended up trading in my white Wii that nearly paid for the new black one.[/QUOTE]

I was never so happy to get rid of my white wii, even made a little money off of it between trading it in and then buying 2 of the Mario Wii with Kmarts instant $50 coupon. (I wanted to have 2 of the red wii remotes and nunchucks)

[quote name='Zazoo']I feel you on that. I traded mine off when I got the mario edition wii. Perhaps your local target still has some of the fling smash bundles on clearance.
Now I have 2 black, 2 Red & 2 Gold. The children with the sticky hands get the black ones =D
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I've got two white ones right now with two white nunchuks and a white classic controller. I normally wouldn't mind, but because I bought this stuff in 07, the cords on the three accessories have aged and now show a bit yellowing. I've got half a mind to go buy some shrink tube and cover the cords in black. :\

[quote name='io']Yeah, for me it was like this:
{snip}
So, yeah, all in all, I'd say the Deluxe is a no-brainer and based on the current preorder trends I'd say most people agree with that.[/QUOTE]

that's how I feel about. But the basic seems too high in comparison. Curious to know what the split in availability is between the two models: 50/50 60/40 70/30???

[quote name='Zazoo']
Now I have 2 black, 2 Red & 2 Gold.[/QUOTE]
Not even sure how many wiimotes I have around the place. Know there are at least two white, at least two black and the 1 gold, 1 Tron, 1 mini powerA model. Think I also have two motion+ units. Almost bought the Doctor Who one. Still think about every now and then (like now).

The Target system pissed me off when the Wii came out. I had quit my store after working there for 3 years in the summer of 06, my roommate still worked there and was the team leader in Electronics. Well he tells me their second shipment of Wiis were coming in so I got up early, went there to get a ticket.

Guy comes out, hands everyone pieces of papers with numbers on it. He said that they didnt have tickets so they were using this. I asked that since I had this, id be good to get my system? He said yes. I said alright, so its cool if I run to get some food and come back before 8 and ill be good to go? He said yeah, no problem.

So I ran to McDonalds, got some food. Came back few minutes before 8, they walked us to electronics, I gave the guy my ticket, and he said that wasn't the ticket so he wouldn't give it to me.

Turns out while I was gone, the assistant store manager came out and gave everyone a real ticket in exchange for the paper written one. I was pissed. He knew me and I told him what happened and he was like "I have no idea what you are talking about, there is no guy that did that"

It was the undercover AP guy so I knew who he was but he just kept smiling acting like he had no idea what was going on. I knew he did this on purpose just to screw me over, was so pissed.

Anyways, i'll check my local Best Buy tomorrow (Deptford, NJ) and see if they are still taking pre-orders.

I still feel good with GameStop because they have ensured me twice on two separate occasions that it will be based on who pre-ordered first and since I was the first, I will get it for sure. I even told him what you guys on here have said, that they will just hand them out to anyone there that had a pre-order and he was shocked and was like "Yeah, we would never do that at our store, even if district told us to"

At anyrate, just to be safe, ill get there a few hours before midnight and make sure I get it first. I have a back up pre-order at Best Buy but sadly, I can't be at two midnight launches at once. (Unless I send my g/f or a friend to Best Buy)

[quote name='Organ Donor']Interesting. I'd be curious to see what the supply/demand numbers were like at launch for some of those older consoles. I don't really remember any console releases before the original Xbox. (Which I lucked out on picking up at a local Best Buy a few days after launch)[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I had no idea my dad dropped that much money for the Odyssey 2 for my older siblings, adjusting for inflation and all, that was quite a bit of money back in the late 70's.

Pick Axe Pete for the win.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I think stores know how many they are supposed to get roughly. I mean if stores didn't know how much they were going to get, and then they took 25 extra preorders, there would be fights, angry shoppers, and just an overall bad experience. I seriously think that Nintendo is trying to avoid the negative PR like that, or so I hope.[/QUOTE]

I remember alot of negative PR when the PS3 came out but not so much for the Wii. Maybe I just missed it

I kinda feel silly preordering the Basic model on day 1, seeing as most retailers still have it available. I just really, really want a white console at expense of all the extras.

Tokyo Game Show is coming up this week starting Thursday. Maybe we will get some more surprises from Nintendo and something from Sony(PS3 price drop along with new slim model?).

[quote name='cometcoil']so i should i just buy wii controller and nunchuck off of craigslist or something to use with my wii u?[/QUOTE]

Eww, cooties

[quote name='htz']Tokyo Game Show is coming up this week starting Thursday. Maybe we will get some more surprises from Nintendo and something from Sony(PS3 price drop along with new slim model?).[/QUOTE]
Nintendo doesnt do TGS.

[quote name='rbarba4']

Not even sure how many wiimotes I have around the place. Know there are at least two white, at least two black and the 1 gold, 1 Tron, 1 mini powerA model. Think I also have two motion+ units. Almost bought the Doctor Who one. Still think about every now and then (like now).[/QUOTE]

Wait there's a dr who wii mote?! Oh don't tempt me I have enough lol

[quote name='melancholysp']I kinda feel silly preordering the Basic model on day 1, seeing as most retailers still have it available. I just really, really want a white console at expense of all the extras.[/QUOTE]

No need to feel silly all the extras can be bought and an external hd solves the memory issue. Get what you want regardless of what kind of deal the deluxe is

If the colors had been switched I would be buying the basic.

I tried adding one of the premium sets to my cart and wouldn't let me.

Ah well. I already got my Deluxe preorder in, I was just testing it this one to see if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back