Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']It's Mario and it's HD are enough reasons alone. However, you might be disappointed in the gamepad usage. It is really only for a secondary player to create platforms and stun enemies. That can be fun (I played that role at PAX) but I'm not sure it is even used if you are playing single-player. If so, they certainly didn't emphasize that in their demos. It was 4 people on Wii remotes and 1 on the gamepad with much chaos ensuing. But perhaps for single player you can use the gamepad analog sticks to control Mario too (and create platforms?). I also hope it allows for Pro Controller usage. I just absolutely detest holding Wii remotes sideways and using the D-pad to control a game.

The best use of the gamepad will surely be NintendoLand since that was designed with the pad in mind.

Probably. Of all the other games (besides NSMB U) it is the closest to a "sure bet" quality game. It just depends on if you like the concept or not. I haven't jumped on that yet because I still haven't even played Super Scribblenauts on the DS yet, though I did play the original. From what I gather they have refined the formula for this Wii U release so I'm sure it will be a good game. The strange thing about this game is that you can play it pretty much just on the pad without looking at the TV - so that might be a nice game to have for when the TV is being used for other stuff.[/QUOTE]

For me, personally, I don't care if I use the gamepad for it or not, but I know to other people the multi-player use of it might be a selling point.

[quote name='RoMee']I agree, from what I see it's just a generic fps with tacked on WiiU gimmicks[/QUOTE]

Normally I'd be the first to cry "gimmick", but from what I've seen it looks as though the use of the gamepad might actually enhance the gameplay and bring something different to the table. I don't know, might still be a gimmick, but as long as it's fun I'd be on board.

I'm hoping we get some early reviews on Zombie U. If it's coming out in the low to mid 70's on metacritic, I'll probably flip my paid-off pre-order over to Black Ops 2 or Halo 4. I would really like to get 2 games aside from Nintendo Land if I'm getting the system at launch, since it's mostly going to be for my use and it looks like 2/3 of the Nintendo Land games will be multi-player focused.

I think my issue with Wii U is simply that outside of NSMB 2, I dont see much that I would play soon after release. I'm waiting for Pikmin 3 and Smash Bros like most Nintendo fans are, so I think better deals will be had soon after release. Nintendo will have copies around again for Christmas, and even in the first quarter of 2013 I think some systems will be available.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Are you getting the system at launch? If so, imo NSBM is one of the two "no brainers" to get if there is one. It's Mario, it's a first-party title so you know it'll utilize the gamepad well, and...it's fucking Mario in HD[/QUOTE]

Did you olay NSMB 2 for the 3DS? It could induce narcolepsy in insomniacs. It's so easy my dog could beat it by pressing random buttons. And worst of all, it's not fun, it's just a sorry rehash of a gane that wasn't so hot in the first place. What makes you think the Wii U version will be any better?

[quote name='RiPPn']I really feel that ZombieU will be to the Wii-U what Red Steel was to the Wii, over hyped, average at best, and getting labeled a killer app before it's even out.[/QUOTE]
I got some time alone with the Wii U and it's games.

ZombieU seems like a good mechanic that should be part of a bigger game.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Am I the only one hoping they will eventually release glasses free 3d models of the game pad?[/QUOTE]

Yup. What, no new chapter?

I just got back from Best Buy.

Traded in some games, but they were out of preorders for both the Deluxe and Basic. Best Buy is still doing online pre orders for the Basic, so I used the gift card towards the purchase. I set it up for In store pickup, so hopefully I am all set for midnight on Nov 17th, or as soon as they open on Sunday. It says on the order they will hold onto it until the 26th of Nov, so we'll see.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I got some time alone with the Wii U and it's games.

ZombieU seems like a good mechanic that should be part of a bigger game.[/QUOTE]

You think it'll be a regret to buy day one? I'm in for SMBU and Rayman Legends but debating ZombiU.

[quote name='spmahn']Did you olay NSMB 2 for the 3DS? It could induce narcolepsy in insomniacs. It's so easy my dog could beat it by pressing random buttons. And worst of all, it's not fun, it's just a sorry rehash of a gane that wasn't so hot in the first place. What makes you think the Wii U version will be any better?[/QUOTE]
I played the first one on DS and Wii and thought they were amazing.

Think i'm going to wait awhile on the wii u, i almost never played my wii and have an insane backlog for ps3 and 360.

I apologize if this question has been addressed already as I've only looked through a couple of pages, but is there anywhere left to get a Wii U Deluxe? Is it worth the effort to go to these stores and see if they will take a reserve in person?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I played the first one on DS and Wii and thought they were amazing.[/QUOTE]

The first one on DS was novel because it was the first 2-D Mario game in a long time, but the fact that the challenge was totally absent hurt it quite a bit. The Wii version was more of the same, but the multiplayer aspect did give it a new dimension that hadn't been seen before. The lack of challenge however was ever more apparent in the Wii version, just to see if I could do it, I closed my eyes while playing, and had no trouble beating several levels. The game was a total snooze outside of Multiplayer. NSMB 2 for DS was a joke, same boring level design, gameplay programmed for a 5 year old, nothing new or innovative at all. I expect the Wii U one to be the same.

[quote name='ChrisDM']I apologize if this question has been addressed already as I've only looked through a couple of pages, but is there anywhere left to get a Wii U Deluxe? Is it worth the effort to go to these stores and see if they will take a reserve in person?[/QUOTE]

The Deluxe is basically sold out everywhere I think.

You could try calling your local Toys R Us and Best Buy stores and see if they have any preorders left. Earlier today someone said they got a pre-order from Toys R US. But yeah, at this point you'll be lucky to find one anywhere.

The Nintendo Store in NYC is still taking preorders, I think.

I went to both BestBuy and Toys r Us that are in the same plaza in LA yesterday and they are both out of deluxe. Toys r us told me they only had 5 Deluxe for preorder to begin with. Bestbuy guy initially told me both versions are still available for preorder and then during the process, another guy stepped in and told me that they are out of deluxe so while I would still call, you are at the mercy of the person picking up the call...

[quote name='Ericsc']Deluxe Bundle FINALLY sold out at Walmart.com?[/QUOTE]
It's been sold out for a couple of days, at least. If you tried selecting the deluxe model as part of the bundle, when you tried adding it to your cart, it would say "Selected quantity not available. Please choose another quantity."

[quote name='raptor3076']Never having played the other games anyone think Scribblenauts Unlimited will be worth a buy? With the coupon at newegg it's only 39.99[/QUOTE]

I'm really excited for this one, love the DS games.
I'll also be picking up Epic Mickey 2, Rayman Legends, New Super Mario Bros & Zombi U

Possibly Tekken and Rabbids Land (IDK why but that game always cracks me up not sure that I want to spend the cash on it though)

Chalking up to be an expensive launch day and my console is already paid for

[quote name='madcatz1999']It's been sold out for a couple of days, at least. If you tried selecting the deluxe model as part of the bundle, when you tried adding it to your cart, it would say "Selected quantity not available. Please choose another quantity."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it said that. But it said that for the basic model too. You just had to go to your cart and check out. People on other forums were ordering the Deluxe bundle earlier today.

And Walmart has been changing what color WiiMote was available with the Bundle all day, sometimes it was Blue or Pink, or Black. So it's not like they were just ignoring the Bundle page, forgetting to update it.

[quote name='Zazoo']Chalking up to be an expensive launch day and my console is already paid for[/QUOTE]

I hear you there. I'm not spending a dime in entertainment money between now and then.

Sorry to be unhelpful, but I've tried getting a deluxe and the Walmart Bundle was the last place online as far as I know. B&M is also practically gone too, I called like 5 Best Buys and Toys R Us's and nothing. My strategy right now is to hold on to my Basic Set preorder and wait for another round of preorders or something down the line, which is unlikely, but who knows?

I'll probably end up getting the basic set which, in all honesty, with the Wii U's expandable storage both through SD cards and external hard drives, make the NAND size difference not such a big deal. The pack-in game is cool and all, but with the $50 savings, buy yourself a FULL game instead of a tech demo. As for the color, if it bothers you that much (I personally like black a little more), remember you can always buy your next gamepad, or controllers, in black and pretend you have a black console, that's what I did for the Wii.

Then just pull out the white controllers when you have a friend over ;-) As for the cradle and other gimmicks, trust me, as a longtime owner of the Wii, you will have accumulated DOZENS of useless plastic peripherals for the system and a few less might not be so bad. There, I thought I would share that since everyone goes on explaining how the DELUXE is better than the basic (which it is) but forgetting that many can't get their hands on one, plus nearly all of the advantages are replicable, albeit maybe not as cheaply.

But if someone finds out where to get a DELUXE I'd also like to know :)

[quote name='Josh5890']I hear you there. I'm not spending a dime in entertainment money between now and then.[/QUOTE]

When my husband heard how many games I was getting he said I now know why you haven't bought any blu-rays in quite some time. Heck I even skipped Indiana Jones, which pains me.

Wishful thinking, but maybe once the initial run is sold out (looking at you Walmart) they'll open up pre-orders on Amazon, Newegg, etc.

My guess is none of these retailers know how many they will get and are just know that they will get a Wii U shipment and are taking a low ball best guess of their quantity.

[quote name='kklems']Not sure why but just ordered a deluxe bundle.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling, I did it too. But whats the worst that can happen? Flip for a few hundred profit around the first week of December or keep it .

[quote name='b3b0p']My guess is none of these retailers know how many they will get and are just know that they will get a Wii U shipment and are taking a low ball best guess of their quantity.[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. No one knows how many will or won't be available at launch at this juncture, so rather than screw people by taking too many pre-orders, they're erring on the side of caution and limiting the number of pre-orders they take.

In fear of not being promised a deluxe set, I made an order from Toys R Us and one of those Wal-Mart packages.

Wal-Mart just sent me a Wii Remote Plus (which is overpriced)... so I'm hoping that means I'm getting one.

[quote name='spmahn']. The game was a total snooze outside of Multiplayer. NSMB 2 for DS was a joke, same boring level design, gameplay programmed for a 5 year old, nothing new or innovative at all. I expect the Wii U one to be the same.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that at the PAX demo when I was playing and watching others play people were dying all the time. Some of that might have been due to the multiplayer mayhem (having people jump off your head and messing up your timing, etc). But it certainly wasn't a cakewalk. And I took it that they were demoing a fairly easy, straightforward level compared to others.

[quote name='david12795']the hype in this thread is making me want to preorder a wii u even though i have no absolute need for it[/QUOTE]

The point is that even if you don't want the Wii u, you're pretty much guaranteed to make some money off selling it.

It's amazing how many people don't even know this system is coming out. Even people I know that own a Wii have no idea.

My question is: If they've already sold so many preorders, will they be running a lot of commercials to let consumers know to buy this before Christmas do you think? I mean, are they going to have enough systems before Christmas to be able to fill the new demand that would come with advertising for the people who aren't aware of the system, or is that a relativley small number?

I'd love to know the numbers of preorders that have been sold stateside and worldwide.

[quote name='therealdanhill']It's amazing how many people don't even know this system is coming out. Even people I know that own a Wii have no idea.

My question is: If they've already sold so many preorders, will they be running a lot of commercials to let consumers know to buy this before Christmas do you think? I mean, are they going to have enough systems before Christmas to be able to fill the new demand that would come with advertising for the people who aren't aware of the system, or is that a relativley small number?

I'd love to know the numbers of preorders that have been sold stateside and worldwide.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering the same thing. I know a lit of Nintendo fans that had no idea that the WiiU was available for pre order. I would think that they would starting running commercials closer to release.

[quote name='therealdanhill']It's amazing how many people don't even know this system is coming out. Even people I know that own a Wii have no idea.

I'd love to know the numbers of preorders that have been sold stateside and worldwide.[/QUOTE]

You can't perform your own personal polling. It doesn't work like that.

About a week ago, WII U available for preorder: "Pfft, I don't need no stinkin' WII U!"

Present day, WII U preorders selling out: "I will tear your eyes out for a WII U"

Well played, Reggie, well played.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Wait till Nintendo starts running commercials showing the WiiU and the new SMB game. It'll be pandemonium[/QUOTE]

Cats and dogs living together....mass hysteria!

[quote name='Zazoo']I'm really excited for this one, love the DS games.
I'll also be picking up Epic Mickey 2, Rayman Legends, New Super Mario Bros & Zombi U

Possibly Tekken and Rabbids Land (IDK why but that game always cracks me up not sure that I want to spend the cash on it though)

Chalking up to be an expensive launch day and my console is already paid for[/QUOTE]

lol I agree with Rabbids Land, I have an order on Newegg atm with the $12 off so it;s only at $38 so I might keep it. I've enjoyed the ones I've played on the Wii and the 3DS on so I'm hoping the new one's as enjoyable as those.

Oh they will. Even if they don't have enough, the want the WiiU to be marketed as this years hot item. If they don't have enough, they want it to be the thing everyone wants but can't get. Like Tickle Me Elmo, Nintendo 64, etc which were hell to get first year they were out but everyone wanted one.

I'm just wondering if the Wii U will have play history like the wii, which shows all the time you've spent on certain titles? If so then I'm wondering if it will work with wii titles and downloaded titles too? Also, wonder if my wii component cables will output 720p so I can just hook my Wii U up to where my wii is presently? I can't seem to find any answers to any of these questions.

I find it strange that Best Buy is STILL taking pre-orders on the Wii U standard. Something tells me they're way over selling these things, and their idea of a pre-order is "we'll put you on the list for one" and not "we'll have it ready at the counter on the 18th."

If this is the case, I hope they plan on organizing this at some point. Take all the pre-orders, by location, and organize them by date and put holds on the physical consoles in the store for those people...THEN notify everyone else that they're still getting one, they might just have to wait. I can already see the riots when they start handing these out to people with pre-orders first come first serve, despite WHEN they pre-ordered, and running out before they're half way through the list.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I'm just wondering if the Wii U will have play history like the wii, which shows all the time you've spent on certain titles? If so then I'm wondering if it will work with wii titles and downloaded titles too? Also, wonder if my wii component cables will output 720p so I can just hook my Wii U up to where my wii is presently? I can't seem to find any answers to any of these questions.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be too difficult for them to re-implement a timer for gameplay time in the Wii U, that's a good question. I've read that the Wii U can also use the Wii's TV cables.

I was looking for a way to get optical or coax spdif out of the wii u to go to my aging receiver, but decided it was just easier to finally upgrade to an HDMI AV receiver. It will eliminate a ton of cables, and it was easy to sell the wife on, once I told her she could control it with her tablet, she liked the idea of being able to turn it on and listen to Pandora without getting out of bed in the morning. :)

[quote name='screwkick']The point is that even if you don't want the Wii u, you're pretty much guaranteed to make some money off selling it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be willing to take that bet. PS3 was selling fir a premium for the first week and a half, after that the market was so flooded that they were selling on eBay for less than MSRP (granted, not MUCH less) but still, it's going to be the same situtation here. The number of people selling these things will greatly outnumber the people wanting to buy them. Even if you do make a profit, your ROI will be terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back