Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mindatlarge']About a week ago, WII U available for preorder: "Pfft, I don't need no stinkin' WII U!"

Present day, WII U preorders selling out: "I will tear your eyes out for a WII U"

Well played, Reggie, well played.[/QUOTE]

This. x 100000000

Its funny because went through the exact same thought process. Now that preorders are sold out...I actually kind of want one. Noone to blame but myself.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Cats and dogs living together....mass hysteria![/QUOTE]

Tell em about the twinkie.

I'm succumbing to the hype. My son is 6. We never had a wii (everything else though). He loves all things mario. I'm doomed and now the damn thing is sold out everywhere. Looks like Santa may have to come through!

[quote name='spmahn']I wouldn't be willing to take that bet. PS3 was selling fir a premium for the first week and a half, after that the market was so flooded that they were selling on eBay for less than MSRP (granted, not MUCH less) but still, it's going to be the same situtation here. The number of people selling these things will greatly outnumber the people wanting to buy them. Even if you do make a profit, your ROI will be terrible.[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be able to at least get rid of them without taking any sort of loss. You have to take into account the "good" PS3 cost $600 at launch in comparison to $350 for the Deluxe Wii U. When people start seeing $1000 or more which was the asking range during the PS3 launch they get scared off. $600 or $700 I feel like that's more reasonable in peoples minds.
As long as you order it at Target or BestBuy where you can easily return it within 30 days there's basically no risk. Like you said ROI will be the real question with the outrageous Ebay fees or risk of getting shanked on a CL deal lol. (Always remember getting your Wii U stolen is better than paying hospital bills or dying) / public service announcement

[quote name='MoCiWe']lol I agree with Rabbids Land, I have an order on Newegg atm with the $12 off so it;s only at $38 so I might keep it. I've enjoyed the ones I've played on the Wii and the 3DS on so I'm hoping the new one's as enjoyable as those.[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping that this game will be part of some black friday deal. Or at least hopefully someone will have a b2g1 sale on games after the wii u launch

[quote name='loomis1975']Pioneer VSX-1022-K 7.1-Channel 3D Ready A/V Receiver from Newegg for $280

Its one of those where you got to add it to your cart or go to checkout to see the price. I was thinking about the next model up, 7.2 ch one, but it was out of stock. Actually is still out of stock, Pioneer VSX-1122-K 7.2-Channel Network Ready A/V Receiver.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how you like the receiver. As much as I didnt want to get a receiver for the bedroom because they are all quite large. I don't think I'm going to find any other way to get decent sound in the bedroom. So far I'm just not a fan of the HTIB

[quote name='ProppaT']I find it strange that Best Buy is STILL taking pre-orders on the Wii U standard. Something tells me they're way over selling these things, and their idea of a pre-order is "we'll put you on the list for one" and not "we'll have it ready at the counter on the 18th."

If this is the case, I hope they plan on organizing this at some point. Take all the pre-orders, by location, and organize them by date and put holds on the physical consoles in the store for those people...THEN notify everyone else that they're still getting one, they might just have to wait. I can already see the riots when they start handing these out to people with pre-orders first come first serve, despite WHEN they pre-ordered, and running out before they're half way through the list.[/QUOTE]

That's be awesome...of course you know each store is just going to get like 25-30 systems maybe of each version and they'll put on Lord of the Flies on all the HDTVs for good measure.

[quote name='ProppaT']I find it strange that Best Buy is STILL taking pre-orders on the Wii U standard. Something tells me they're way over selling these things, and their idea of a pre-order is "we'll put you on the list for one" and not "we'll have it ready at the counter on the 18th."

If this is the case, I hope they plan on organizing this at some point. Take all the pre-orders, by location, and organize them by date and put holds on the physical consoles in the store for those people...THEN notify everyone else that they're still getting one, they might just have to wait. I can already see the riots when they start handing these out to people with pre-orders first come first serve, despite WHEN they pre-ordered, and running out before they're half way through the list.[/QUOTE]

This is why I did in-store pickup. I'll just get an email when it's ready. When I pre-ordered the 3DS, I did the same thing and I got an email the night before saying I could pick it up the next day.

Honestly, I'm prepared for the real possibility that Best Buy won't get enough the first day. That happened with the iPad 2 at Best Buy, but since I was on the list, I got one within about 10 days from launch. If Best Buy can get me a Wii U by the end of November, I'll be happy. I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get it on Nov. 18, though.

All my experience from buying new consoles has been sleeping out in the cold to get them day one. Except the Wii. I didn't care about getting it day one and then just happened to be in Wally World one day when they were restocking the shelf and saw a huge crowd. I grabbed one to put in my cart and walked around a while and then finally bought it. I'm not worried about the Wii U day one but may get one with a price drop some point down the road.

My question pertains to the online pre orders since I'm used to camping systems. I see people talking about Best Buy taking way more pre orders than they can fill day one. I can see that happening. But wouldn't you think most local retailers (non online only) would have ads in the paper the Sunday before release and at least have a few copies to sell first come first serve? I could be wrong but I don't see them placing a major ad, which we all know they will do, and then have the first dude in line get told - sorry we sold out online months ago through preorders. I just think there will be a very limited supply available without preorder at local stores.

[quote name='jpatern']My question pertains to the online pre orders since I'm used to camping systems. I see people talking about Best Buy taking way more pre orders than they can fill day one. I can see that happening. But wouldn't you think most local retailers (non online only) would have ads in the paper the Sunday before release and at least have a few copies to sell first come first serve? I could be wrong but I don't see them placing a major ad, which we all know they will do, and then have the first dude in line get told - sorry we sold out online months ago through preorders. I just think there will be a very limited supply available without preorder at local stores.[/QUOTE]

That is a good point. However, I can totally see Best Buy management using this as a way of playing up the importance of "pre-orders." A lot of the people who honestly want one to play are going to get shut out for a while due to the number of pre-orders flippers have placed, and they're going to be upset (rightfully so) that pre-orders were taken, rather quietly, months before launch (possibly before they even knew the system was coming out).

I almost hope that they throw everyone's name in a hat and draw names lotto style. That's really the only way this would turn out fair for the people who don't eat and sleep videogame news. All I know is that this pre-order stuff is going to make the next 2 months really interesting...

[quote name='thegreat_1stix'] Like you said ROI will be the real question with the outrageous Ebay fees or risk of getting shanked on a CL deal lol. (Always remember getting your Wii U stolen is better than paying hospital bills or dying) / public service announcement[/QUOTE]

That is a matter of opinion. I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah, I mean lose my WiiU

I just paid a bit more off on my GS preorder. Another guy in the store started screaming at the clerk when he saw me doing this, bellowing "You just fucking told me that there were no more preorders and now you're selling to this dude?!". He refused to comprehend that I was just adding money to an existing pre-order (first one at my store) despite the clerk explaining this to him several times. As I was leaving the store, this guy comes back at the clerk with "well you need to cancel somebody else's order and sell it to me for the inconvenience. Make me happy."

[quote name='ProppaT'] I almost hope that they throw everyone's name in a hat and draw names lotto style. That's really the only way this would turn out fair for the people who don't eat and sleep videogame news. All I know is that this pre-order stuff is going to make the next 2 months really interesting...[/QUOTE]

Why does it need to be fair for people who don't eat and sleep videogame news? Life isn't always fair....

[quote name='Drclaw411']"well you need to cancel somebody else's order and sell it to me for the inconvenience. Make me happy."[/QUOTE]

End scene?! I guess you walked away by that point. That guy sounds crazy ... I would have too. This guy needs his own confused Rage comic.

[quote name='voidedx']End scene?! I guess you walked away by that point. That guy sounds crazy ... I would have too. This guy needs his own confused Rage comic.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah, I was on my way out the door and I didn't bother sticking around to hear where that would have gone. I can only imagine the clerk badly wanted to laugh in the guys face and also tell him to get out of the store and don't come back.

I really don't know how walmart is going to handle this the more I read about preorders. I preordered deluxe tues with pro controller and NSMB U and still says all 3 items should arrive by nov 29th. The day before I almost bit but could not bring myself to pay $40 for another wiimote. Then I saw that it was not available anymore and to my suprise next morning they were offering the bundle with pro controller for $10 more so I bit. I'll really be suprised if I get my system before the 29th of nov but I suppose I know walmart stopped taking preorders for the deluxe and basic consoles over the weekend. Then they started offering the bundles and for quite a few days. I just don't see how they are going to be getting that many units or if possibly there really wasn't too many preorders afterall.

How are people planning on handling the Wii trade-in at Gamestop? I was told you need to include the cables, the sensor bar, a WiiRemote, and a Nunchuk. I read you need the sensor bar for the Wii-U to play the old games and I kinda don't want to replace my 3rd WiiRemote and Nunchuk (family of three). Can you trade-in generic replacement controllers or do they need to be official?

[quote name='Drclaw411']I just paid a bit more off on my GS preorder. Another guy in the store started screaming at the clerk when he saw me doing this, bellowing "You just fucking told me that there were no more preorders and now you're selling to this dude?!". He refused to comprehend that I was just adding money to an existing pre-order (first one at my store) despite the clerk explaining this to him several times. As I was leaving the store, this guy comes back at the clerk with "well you need to cancel somebody else's order and sell it to me for the inconvenience. Make me happy."[/QUOTE]I would be confused why you were increasing your interest free loan to GameStop too.

That the pre-orders sold out in a week makes me really think they did a relatively low number of pre-orders as a "test" to gauge interest, hype ("ALL PRE-ORDERS SOLD OUT!!!!"), and wet the appetite of retailers. Like I bet Nintendo dug their feet in the ground, allowed Amazon to see all the dollars that went to other retailers in the pre-sale, and refused to negotiate down in price. Nintendo can pretty much dictate the margin they want now to anybody who wants in and the retailers will probably need to make up the difference with Bundles.

Or, you could remember that Nintendo has a pretty close relationship with Best Buy. Knowing that Amazon isn't carrying these, Best Buy probably is getting a lot more inventory because of it.

[quote name='ProppaT']
I almost hope that they throw everyone's name in a hat and draw names lotto style. That's really the only way this would turn out fair for the people who don't eat and sleep videogame news. All I know is that this pre-order stuff is going to make the next 2 months really interesting...[/QUOTE]

This is a ludicrous statement.

No way is it "fair" that those people who ordered first would have their names thrown randomly into a drawing with those who ordered last. If Best Buy gets lower stock than expected (which, as I stated above, I don't expect because of the Amazon issue) then I guarantee they go by time of order.

[quote name='ProppaT']That is a good point. However, I can totally see Best Buy management using this as a way of playing up the importance of "pre-orders." A lot of the people who honestly want one to play are going to get shut out for a while due to the number of pre-orders flippers have placed, and they're going to be upset (rightfully so) that pre-orders were taken, rather quietly, months before launch (possibly before they even knew the system was coming out).

I almost hope that they throw everyone's name in a hat and draw names lotto style. That's really the only way this would turn out fair for the people who don't eat and sleep videogame news. All I know is that this pre-order stuff is going to make the next 2 months really interesting...[/QUOTE]

The other way to stop the flipping would be require the item be paid in full at time of order or a hefty non refundable deposit. Now resellers can leverage a small amount to hold the item and than if the market doesn't pan out cancel for a full refund. No risk, only reward. You could make the deposit non refundable by calling the time a special order item and the deposit a restocking fee.

[quote name='elvis731']Why does it need to be fair for people who don't eat and sleep videogame news? Life isn't always fair....[/QUOTE]

Exactly - let the people who are most likely to spend more on games be the first to have it. Not the mom's who will buy one and never get any more games.

Although since this is a Nintendo console, a high attachment rate probably isn't as important, since I doubt the are selling the console as at loss to make it back on software.

For anyone who is interested: Walmart has had the Deluxe bundle on and off all day today. Actually managed to grab one a few minutes ago. Whether or not I will be getting it by the 26th of November is a completely different story.

[quote name='waldo21212']Exactly - let the people who are most likely to spend more on games be the first to have it. Not the mom's who will buy one and never get any more games.

Although since this is a Nintendo console, a high attachment rate probably isn't as important, since I doubt the are selling the console as at loss to make it back on software.[/QUOTE]

Considering half the people in this thread (and those who preordered) will probably flip theirs, I'd much rather it go to a kid.

[quote name='iaacp']Considering half the people in this thread (and those who preordered) will probably flip theirs, I'd much rather it go to a kid.[/QUOTE]

I'm in my 30s, no kids... and I won't be flipping my Deluxe pre-order. I'll be playing it! :D

[quote name='iaacp']Considering half the people in this thread (and those who preordered) will probably flip theirs, I'd much rather it go to a kid.[/QUOTE]

this.

Pretty much my thoughts. These are basically going to a) flippers, b) grown up gamers, and c) kids of grown up gamers. I'm pretty sure the first time most casual gamers and kids heard about a pre-sale was when they heard the news declare "pre-orders are sold out."

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I'm in my 30s, no kids... and I won't be flipping my Deluxe pre-order. I'll be playing it! :D[/QUOTE]

This is myself exactly.

I remember seeing 2 Wiis at Target a couple years ago when they were impossible to find. I could have easily bought one and profitted on it on eBay. I left it there with hopes that someone that actually wanted it would buy it.

[quote name='d8onausa']I would be confused why you were increasing your interest free loan to GameStop too.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if Gamestop does this or not, never pre-ordered a system from them, but I remember Babbage's gave top priority with the PS2 launch to people who had paid off pre-orders ahead of time. When I got my PS2 they had two lines, one for paid the other not, and only after all the paid had systems did they help the other line. They ran out of systems before all the 2nd line was done. Yes I'm old enough to even remember when the NES came out.

[quote name='raptor3076']Yes I'm old enough to even remember when the NES came out.[/QUOTE]

That's not THAT old. We're not DEAD yet. I was six when the NES was released. :D

[quote name='NoMeDigas']That's not THAT old. We're not DEAD yet. I was six when the NES was released. :D[/QUOTE]

I remember shopping with my parents at a store named "Clover" for coleco vision games. Who's with me?

[quote name='bgame2']I remember shopping with my parents at a store named "Clover" for coleco vision games. Who's with me?[/QUOTE]

We bought our Commodore 24 at Zares. I haven't thought about that defunct chain store in years. And, yes...Commodore 24, not 64. Complete with the tape deck! :)

[quote name='d8onausa']I would be confused why you were increasing your interest free loan to GameStop too.[/QUOTE]

How is it a loan exactly? It's not like GameStop is going to give your $350 back on launch day. Plus they're only going to make a set amount of profit on systems at launch...sure they get an extra 2 months of "interest" on what you put down but it makes little other difference when they get your $350, as long as they ultimately get it. You can always go in and cancel your preorder for cash too...done it plenty of times myself.

My parents bought me an Atari 2600 for Xmas in the late 70s.

The NES is about the only major videogame system I've never owned. I don't even remember ever asking my parents for one. I think I was more into Apple IIe games at the time. I had cousins/friends that had an NES. I remember playing Duck Hunt and Super Mario on it.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']That's not THAT old. We're not DEAD yet. I was six when the NES was released. :D[/QUOTE]

Sure makes me feel old when I go into gamestop and they will ask me if I'm ok with my son playing whatever M rated game I'm buying, and the game is for me and I don't have any kids! The first system I got was the Atari 2600, it was a family christmas gift my dad bought.

[quote name='ral1121']You guys are making me feel very young here (20 years old)[/QUOTE]

I attended my 20 year high school reunion in July.

[quote name='ProppaT']We bought our Commodore 24 at Zares. I haven't thought about that defunct chain store in years. And, yes...Commodore 24, not 64. Complete with the tape deck! :)[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the VIC-20? I'm pretty sure my parents bought one of those at Zayre also. The C64's floppy drive seemed blazingly fast compared to the cassette drive.

[quote name='raptor3076']Sure makes me feel old when I go into gamestop and they will ask me if I'm ok with my son playing whatever M rated game I'm buying, and the game is for me and I don't have any kids! The first system I got was the Atari 2600, it was a family christmas gift my dad bought.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do hate that. Why do video games always have to be for kids? I mean, yeah, I played when I was a kid... but I was the first person of anyone I knew to get a Wii... and a DS... and a 3DS... and a PSP.

[quote name='Hoffer']This is myself exactly.

I remember seeing 2 Wiis at Target a couple years ago when they were impossible to find. I could have easily bought one and profitted on it on eBay. I left it there with hopes that someone that actually wanted it would buy it.[/QUOTE]

I'm 28 so i'm right there with you. No kids. I have a deluxe preordered. Not flipping it.

I got a NES on my 6th birthday in 1986, a year after release. It was the deluxe set with ROB, zapper, Gyromite, and Duck Hunt. I remember my parents letting me pick two extra titles, went with Super Mario Bros and Popeye. Great memories! :)

Very much looking forward to the Wii U.

[quote name='sengar']Do you mean the VIC-20? I'm pretty sure my parents bought one of those at Zayre also. The C64's floppy drive seemed blazingly fast compared to the cassette drive.[/QUOTE]

Yup, the VIC-20. I don't know why we referred to it as a C24...if that was some weird marketing after the C64 got popular or if my dad made it up to make me feel like we weren't getting an out dated computer :). And, yes, it was Zayre! Thank you, I always want to think it's Zares, probably because it sounds close to Zales.

I remember when my dad brought it home, I asked where the games were...then he slammed what looked like a phone book on the table. "Start typing." He watched me (5 years old) suffer through trying to type it in for about 10 minutes before he told me he'd finish it after I went to bed :) Promise of a new videogame in the morning is a great way to get a kid in bed, btw...

[quote name='bigsick']I'm 28 so i'm right there with you. No kids. I have a deluxe preordered. Not flipping it.[/QUOTE]

Preorderd 5 keeping one flipping 4 :)

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Yeah, I do hate that. Why do video games always have to be for kids? I mean, yeah, I played when I was a kid... but I was the first person of anyone I knew to get a Wii... and a DS... and a 3DS... and a PSP.[/QUOTE]

I'm tired of people rolling there eyes at me when I'm in public playing my DS or PSP because they assume I'm playing Pokemon, which apparently no 22 year old is allowed to play. Let me play my game and go about your business
even if it is Pokemon Silver:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back