Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hoffer']My parents bought me an Atari 2600 for Xmas in the late 70s.

The NES is about the only major videogame system I've never owned. I don't even remember ever asking my parents for one. I think I was more into Apple IIe games at the time. I had cousins/friends that had an NES. I remember playing Duck Hunt and Super Mario on it.[/QUOTE]
You sir, are a freak of nature. :lol:

[quote name='ProppaT']We bought our Commodore 24 at Zares. I haven't thought about that defunct chain store in years. And, yes...Commodore 24, not 64. Complete with the tape deck! :)[/QUOTE]

The Zayre here in Orlando that used to be on Orange Ave where SODO Target is now? Used to be next to a Pantry Pride

[quote name='bgame2']I remember shopping with my parents at a store named "Clover" for coleco vision games. Who's with me?[/QUOTE]

Got an Odyssey2 for Xmas when I was 6.

:cold: The wait is the most gut wrenching part. Not only is there still 2 months to go but there's bound to be a massive wave of people getting "Sorry your order was cancelled because we're out of stock" notices. :cry: That really hurts.. like when Sears delayed my Darksiders 2 CE then told me they didn't have any left. Over 3 month wait just for disappointment. I didn't anticipate the Deluxe models would have been sold out completely just a few days after the announcement. I figured they'd probably have been cleaned off the shelves during the Black Friday sales.

Then there's that whole other situation where we don't know what kind of glitches or problems this system will have since this is the initial launch. o_o; Or maybe I'm just paranoid since this is my first time buying a system at launch..

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm tired of people rolling there eyes at me when I'm in public playing my DS or PSP because they assume I'm playing Pokemon, which apparently no 22 year old is allowed to play. Let me play my game and go about your business
even if it is Pokemon Silver:lol:
[/QUOTE]

Why do you care what other people think, and why do you let them "rolling their eyes" bother you so much? How do you know they're even rolling their eyes at you?

When I play my 3DS in public I'm so immeresed I don't even notice other people, and if they were looking at me, I'd just as soon assume they're jealous they don't have one to play.

BB has Basic up for Pre-order.

Question,does BB charge CC in full right after order has been submitted ? just curious,thx!

[quote name='gamerguy73']Any details on B&M Toys R Us pre-orders? Are they offering Basic and Deluxe bundles? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they're doing both models. It's $20 down, if I recall correctly.

[quote name='SteveGo']Why do you care what other people think, and why do you let them "rolling their eyes" bother you so much? How do you know they're even rolling their eyes at you?

When I play my 3DS in public I'm so immeresed I don't even notice other people, and if they were looking at me, I'd just as soon assume they're jealous they don't have one to play.[/QUOTE]

It is pretty embarrassing playing with a 3DS in public if you're an adult. Most adults consider nintendo product a kids toy.
It's the equivalent of a grown man playing with a barbie doll in public.

I'm pretty sure the man-child will argue this fact.

[quote name='RoMee']It is pretty embarrassing playing with a 3DS in public if you're an adult. Most adults consider nintendo product a kids toy.

I'm pretty sure the man-child will argue this fact.[/QUOTE]

If by "adult" you mean someone in their teens.

My parents bought a Wii for Wii Fit, and a DS for Brain Age.

Get real, any mature person doesn't care which company makes your video games consoles.

[quote name='gamerguy73']Any details on B&M Toys R Us pre-orders? Are they offering Basic and Deluxe bundles? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elrobo8']Yep, they're doing both models. It's $20 down, if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

Basic only. TRU exhausted their pre order supply of deluxe bundles this past Sunday.

[quote name='bigsick']I'm 28 so i'm right there with you. No kids. I have a deluxe preordered. Not flipping it.[/QUOTE]

same here but add no dating prospects at the moment and the forever alone joke and we have a winner lol.

a shame people see video games as kids toys yet will play rock band and not make the connection that they are playing video games.

[quote name='SteveGo']Why do you care what other people think, and why do you let them "rolling their eyes" bother you so much? How do you know they're even rolling their eyes at you?

When I play my 3DS in public I'm so immeresed I don't even notice other people, and if they were looking at me, I'd just as soon assume they're jealous they don't have one to play.[/QUOTE]
When Nintendo had the 3DS kiosk in one of the local malls here in Portland, I went a couple times just to check it out and play some newer demos. Turns out, I knew more than the kids that worked there, who were all early 20s/late teens.

When they asked why I knew so much, I said, "Well, I bought a 3DS the day it launched... and I've been playing Nintendo games for 25+ years."

[crickets]

[quote name='RoMee']It is pretty embarrassing playing with a 3DS in public if you're an adult. Most adults consider nintendo product a kids toy.

I was playing my 3DS on a plane to Vegas a few weeks ago, and I had several people ask me about it... all adults. I got a lot of "Oh, that looks so awesome... I should get one."

I may be a man-child, but hey, at least I'm married! :cool:

Well after striking out for a deluxe reserve at GS last Friday I went to try TRU on Saturday morning. I was there are opening and asked the girl working video games about reserving a Wii U she really didn't have a clue but wen tto where the reserve tickets were and grabbed one. I was leery because they basically look like photocopied pieces of paper cut out with a bar code on them. While she rang it up I confirmed with her that this was for the $349 deluxe model and it defintely rang up that way. Today I went back there to pick up some other stuff and noticed there were about eight tags left, all for basic models.
The pre-order ticket says "Expected in-store date: 11/18/2012 - 11/25/2012, In-store date subject to change. Must bring pre-sell card with receipt to pick up console. All reserve consoles must be picked up within 7 days of the instore arrival date" Also my receipt reads "In store dates subject to change. Contact store to confirm arrival date. Please bring this receipt back for pickup"
So I am obviously happy I have one pre-ordered. I don't care if I don't get one on launch date as its going to be a gift for the kids for Christmas. I know its popular to bash GS but I wish reserved one there only because I have lots of credit but I may check back here and there to see if theres another shipment between launch and Christmas. Also hopeful that Amazon decides to sell them, got credit there too.

My console launch experiences have all worked in my favor. In 2000 I paid off my PS2 ahead of time and lined up at the mall the GS was in at about 5am for the special opening at 6am. I could've waltzed in at any time but I was anxious. The local newws was there to interview those of us in line. They only had enough for everyone who preordered so they just let us in about 3 - 4 at a time to ring us all up.
In 05 I picked up my PSP at midnight. Same scenario - only enough systems for preorders, they let us in about 3 - 4 customers at a time. Everything went smoothly.
With the Wii in 06 I got a bti lucky. Not sure what landed me at this specific TRU but I got there at about 6am for a 10am opening on that launch Sunday. There were already about 20 people in line or so. People continued to line up after me and after a bit the manager came out and said that they only had 28 consoles available and he would pass out tickets in the order of everyone in line and when those tickets were gone that was it. I was #23 of 28 so I just eeked in. The people who were lined up behind the 28th person were pissed off and a couple were raising hell. A few of those pissed off people decided to wait anyways to see if somehow they would be able to land one. Once the store opened they let us in a few at a time to ring us up. I remember as I was being helped some stragglers came in and wanted to buy those set aside for those of us with tickets and were raising hell that they should be able to buy one because they were there when the store opened. While it was entertaining it was also uncomfortable to see an adult act so entitled and childish.
Hoping this launch goes smooth but anticipate seeing more of that entitled, bratty behaviour again.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Does anyone know if u can play wii games on the controller pad.[/QUOTE]

According to IGN & Kotaku...no. Nor will you be able to play Virtual Console games on the gamepad.

From what I've been reading it seems that the Wii functionality is a "Wii inside of the Wii U". Almost as though it's emulating the Wii via software...for example Gamecube games on the original Wii.

On a positive note however here is some nice looking Dragon Quest X Wii U gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyYBdJtTayM

[quote name='Xuchilbara']oo that is some appetizing footage indeed :)[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to play it but I don't see it being released in the states until fall 2013 at the earliest.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I can't wait to play it but I don't see it being released in the states until fall 2013 at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

Same here! DQ has really snagged my attention lately. I am hoping square does try and release this game asap in NA.

[quote name='Hoffer']I attended my 20 year high school reunion in July.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just had my 20 year reunion earlier this year. You guys are bringing back memories with Commodore 64, Atari and then all the way to present day. I don't have the issue of people looking at me funny in public because I never really got into the handheld systems after the first psp. I mainly play little games on my phone these days.

I still have a sneaky suspicion that some of these stores will have a very limited quanity of consoles available for public on release day to get the buzz going. I just find it hard to believe that 100% of their systems will be online preorders. Granted I haven't bought a console on release day since 360 and PS3 and had to camp in line. I snagged the wii a few months later when was in the store while they were putting some on the shelves. Now, I just let the initial craze die and get my iphones and ipads once they start coming back in stock. Maybe it has changed since PS3 days and 100% are sold through preorders online and in store but it just seems to me like they will keep a few aside for release day. Going to be interesting when all the ads say Wii U on this date and some dude gets in line very early and they tell him sorry man they all booked up months ago.

[quote name='El Rey'] While it was entertaining it was also uncomfortable to see an adult act so entitled and childish.
Hoping this launch goes smooth but anticipate seeing more of that entitled, bratty behaviour again.[/QUOTE]
This is why I ordered online. The Wii and 3DS preorders I had at GS were full of fucking idiots and kids not know what the fuck they got. I don't want to deal with idiots. That and I don't want to have to camp somewhere on nov 18th in the morning. I am done putting up with fucktards.

Oh and the age debate, I am 25, my GF is 24. We are both gamers and while she isn't the biggest Nintendo fan, she plays about everything else (besides shit). We don't care what people think of us because in our minds we are having fun and that is more important than what some random idiot thinks of us. Oh and my dad is 55 and he bought Borderlands 2 and the Season Pass, and plays x-box almost every night.

I think that is quite a bit of a stretch.

[quote name='Xuchilbara']Same here! DQ has really snagged my attention lately. I am hoping square does try and release this game asap in NA.[/QUOTE]

At least MH3 Ultimate comes out in March. I'm sink so much time into that!

[quote name='d8onausa']I would be confused why you were increasing your interest free loan to GameStop too.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen interest rates lately? He might make 5 cents off that ;). It is probably better to deposit that money towards the WiiU now - he's more likely to have his identity stolen and his account cashed out than get any sort of decent return on it so might as well put it down on the Wii U. I actually kind of regret not putting the full amount down on mine. I'm just using GS credit but it is probably better off put towards the system than sitting on a card in a drawer at home.

[quote name='bgame2']I remember shopping with my parents at a store named "Clover" for coleco vision games. Who's with me?[/QUOTE]

Never heard of Clover, but I remember bugging my dad for Atari games at Payless Drug Store (Bay Area). I got a Colecovision too, but then lost interest in console gaming shortly after that, leading to...

[quote name='Hoffer']My parents bought me an Atari 2600 for Xmas in the late 70s.

The NES is about the only major videogame system I've never owned. I don't even remember ever asking my parents for one. I think I was more into Apple IIe games at the time. I had cousins/friends that had an NES. I remember playing Duck Hunt and Super Mario on it.[/QUOTE]

Same here with the Atari. I did get an NES in 1989 from my college girlfriend as a present when I was out of commission with a knee injury for 3-4 months. But I never played it beyond that time (though I do still have it!). And I never owned a SNES, N64, or Playstatoin either. Nor any of the Sega stuff. I lost interest in console games because they had no depth back then - they were just cheesier versions of arcade games IMO. Not being able to save progress was a killer which put me off of them - I played games on my (original) Mac in the latter half of the 80's. I know NES games started coming with batteries and the ability so save in the later days, but by then I had just lost interest in blip-blip 8-bit games.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']
On a positive note however here is some nice looking Dragon Quest X Wii U gameplay:[/QUOTE]

HOLY CRAP! I had no idea this was coming for the Wii U. Take my money now, please!

[quote name='d8onausa']I would be confused why you were increasing your interest free loan to GameStop too.[/QUOTE]

Interest free loan =\= preorder. I'll be paying the same amount, and I really could give two plops if GS makes any interest off it or not. I just prefer making payments here and there over dropping it all at once on the 18th. I feel like it makes the launch go smoother, knowing that it's already paid and I just need to pick it up and take it home.

I saw at Toys R Us today they had like a thick stack of Basic slips. My Gamestop store was sold out. However, it's available at Walmart, Gamestop, and Fry's online still. The Deluxe is a better deal, but not a must have. If you want a Wii-U, seems like it's pretty easy to snag still. And it seems like just a matter of time before Amazon starts selling them.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Interest free loan =\= preorder. I'll be paying the same amount, and I really could give two plops if GS makes any interest off it or not. I just prefer making payments here and there over dropping it all at once on the 18th. I feel like it makes the launch go smoother, knowing that it's already paid and I just need to pick it up and take it home.[/QUOTE]

Likewise, I've been making regular down payments on my Wii U. I'm content with knowing the weight's off my shoulders and it'll be paid for well before its release. In addition, I can get a better idea of how many more games I'm open to pre-ordering (for both WiiU and other consoles).

[quote name='io']
HOLY CRAP! I had no idea this was coming for the Wii U. Take my money now, please![/QUOTE]

I completely agree!! I think I might be more excited for this than the wii u launch :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to order the Deluxe in the Walmart bundle. However is says it will arrive on the 28th of November. :(
Order it about 4:00pm Central time today.

The people who where able to order the deluxe without the bundle are the arrive dates the same as mine?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Interest free loan =\= preorder. I'll be paying the same amount, and I really could give two plops if GS makes any interest off it or not. I just prefer making payments here and there over dropping it all at once on the 18th. I feel like it makes the launch go smoother, knowing that it's already paid and I just need to pick it up and take it home.[/QUOTE]

This. I don't plan on going to gamestop on November 18th with more than my driver's license and maybe $20. I'm already going to be protecting my shiny new console.

[quote name='jessesixto']I was able to order the Deluxe in the Walmart bundle. However is says it will arrive on the 28th of November. :(
Order it about 4:00pm Central time today.

The people who where able to order the deluxe without the bundle are the arrive dates the same as mine?[/QUOTE]

I reserved a non-bundle as well as a bundle. Both state they will ship on the 18th; arrive from the 21st to 26th.

Seriously? Who cares what some one else thinks, especially randomly in public. If this bothers you that much you should be the embarrassed one. Sounds childish and narcissistic. It's like some sort of anorexia.

Just in response to return on investment. Someone sold a deluxe for $900 on eBay. Technically people could just sell the pre-orders they made and pay off there own cost for the system...

[quote name='Firecrest']Likewise, I've been making regular down payments on my Wii U. I'm content with knowing the weight's off my shoulders and it'll be paid for well before its release. In addition, I can get a better idea of how many more games I'm open to pre-ordering (for both WiiU and other consoles).[/QUOTE]

I think this has been said before, but if $350 is enough that paying it off is a "weight off your shoulders", should you really be spending it on a new video game console?

[quote name='prim4444']Basic only. TRU exhausted their pre order supply of deluxe bundles this past Sunday.[/QUOTE]

You sure? One of my friends was able too preorder one Tuesday, and we've still got the Deluxe preorder slips out in my district.

[quote name='Xuchilbara']Just in response to return on investment. Someone sold a deluxe for $900 on eBay. Technically people could just sell the pre-orders they made and pay off there own cost for the system...[/QUOTE]

Some orders never get paid.

[quote name='spmahn']I think this has been said before, but if $350 is enough that paying it off is a "weight off your shoulders", should you really be spending it on a new video game console?[/QUOTE]

It's more a matter of secuirity and not worrying about doing anything but picking up your console with just your I.D. or pro rewards card on hand. I dont see what the problem is if people decide to pay in full or make payments as the release approaches.I really dont see reason for any argument here.

[quote name='confoosious']Some orders never get paid.[/QUOTE]

Auction in question was "buy it now" which sellers can opt to have the buyer pay in full upon purchase.

[quote name='Xuchilbara']Auction in question was "buy it now" which sellers can opt to have the buyer pay in full upon purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...And if there is some sort of screw up with pre-orders...and there always is...you gonna have some mighty pissed off people. Ebay should not even be allowing people to post these auctions since really this thing doesn't even exist yet! Then again...ebay and paypal get their cut..what the hell do they care!

[quote name='elrobo8']You sure? One of my friends was able too preorder one Tuesday, and we've still got the Deluxe preorder slips out in my district.[/QUOTE]

Yes, all stores were sent an email on Sunday that said to remove and destroy the slips that had both systems on them, and replace them with new slips with only the basic model.

[quote name='tonybonjovi']Yeah...And if there is some sort of screw up with pre-orders...and there always is...you gonna have some mighty pissed off people. Ebay should not even be allowing people to post these auctions since really this thing doesn't even exist yet! Then again...ebay and paypal get their cut..what the hell do they care![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say always. I have put many pre-orders up on eBay. Still have 100% feedback. Though this system is an exceptional case with the current level of rarity, I doubt many of the sellers believe they wont be getting the console. Some of them may have been the first to actually pre-order. Personally, I would not list an item that is this rare until i had it on hand.

The basic model which is still mildly availabe is listed for even more than the deluxe.

[quote name='Josh5890']This. I don't plan on going to gamestop on November 18th with more than my driver's license and maybe $20. I'm already going to be protecting my shiny new console.[/QUOTE]

This too. I'm more freaking out more about getting mugged than getting a console. I'd rather pay it off beforehand and come with pretty much what you're coming with. This is also why I'm sort of hoping there isn't a midnight launch. I'd like not having to wake up early for a store opening, but at the same time I'd rather not risk walking through a pitch black parking lot.

Or hopefully GameStop and other stores doing preorders hires some security. Or at least do what a previous poster mentioned and have people just drive up to the door and pickup their consoles/games.

[quote name='Dr. Dib']This too. I'm more freaking out more about getting mugged than getting a console. I'd rather pay it off beforehand and come with pretty much what you're coming with. This is also why I'm sort of hoping there isn't a midnight launch. I'd like not having to wake up early for a store opening, but at the same time I'd rather not risk walking through a pitch black parking lot.

Or hopefully GameStop and other stores doing preorders hires some security. Or at least do what a previous poster mentioned and have people just drive up to the door and pickup their consoles/games.[/QUOTE]

get a gun permit

[quote name='spmahn']I think this has been said before, but if $350 is enough that paying it off is a "weight off your shoulders", should you really be spending it on a new video game console?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Xuchilbara']It's more a matter of secuirity and not worrying about doing anything but picking up your console with just your I.D. or pro rewards card on hand. I dont see what the problem is if people decide to pay in full or make payments as the release approaches.I really dont see reason for any argument here.[/QUOTE]

Thank you- those are my exact sentiments. No need for any senseless debates. :applause:

I was shown the waiting list today while at my local GS. There were already about 75 names on it (2.5 pages on a legal pad). The clerk told me every store in the city (8) sold out of preorders w/in 24 hours. He also told me each store would only be getting a few extra consoles. It's going to be a mad rush on the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back