Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrinky215']I'm curious too. My store was allocated a certain number of Wii in Sept/October. We actually had a line just to preorder your Wii one morning in Sept/October, which is what I expected for Wii-U, and was surprised GS just took as many orders as it could throughout a couple of days.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to say other than the store I preordered at and the two other locations where I had friends who preordered clearly took too many orders and seemed surprised with what they received. Maybe large locations or stores in certain districts had a more accurate preorder to supply ratio, but I know from my personal experience that wasn't the case. As I said, nobody really knows what will happen on launch day, so if having a unit day one is critical to you, it would be wise to keep sharing information here in case things go wrong and you need to make a last minute adjustment.

[quote name='soxxx']yeah gamestops set a preorder day in stone and hyped it for a week. Gamestops knew how many they were recieving in mid october and there was never any major problems like the 360.[/QUOTE]

I actually recall the day of the preorder more than the launch itself, mostly because we didn't manage it well. I remember all these people waiting before we opened, just to preorder the system. More people than we had preorders. For some stupid reason, we decided to let them all line up at the register instead of figuring out who would be last. So we rang up a bunch of customers, about half an hour later we decide "hey! we should probably check and see if we are close to running out!" and we've got maybe 2 left. I LOVED having to tell the rest of the line, which had been waiting an hour, "here's the cutoff point, no Wii for the rest of you!"

I guess the only relevance here is that a store could choose to take more preorders on the Wii than provided by Nintendo, saying that they'll deal with it when the system launches, that is how a store could end up with the situation the other poster wrote about where his store didn't have his preordered system. But I don't understand how a District Manager would let it get to launch day without telling customers.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't know what to say other than the store I preordered at and the two other locations where I had friends who preordered clearly took too many orders and seemed surprised with what they received. Maybe large locations or stores in certain districts had a more accurate preorder to supply ratio, but I know from my personal experience that wasn't the case. As I said, nobody really knows what will happen on launch day, so if having a unit day one is critical to you, it would be wise to keep sharing information here in case things go wrong and you need to make a last minute adjustment.[/QUOTE]

I could see that, like I said in my last post - basically, the computer system isn't going to stop an employee from taking too many orders. They can only shut down a specific preorder item overnight, not during the middle of the day, and not after a specific number of preorders.

[quote name='soxxx']Well here in NY there were no problems for the wii in general.[/QUOTE]

We are in a much more fortunate position soxxx. TRU Times Square had over 4,000 units and only 3,000 people in line. I don't even need to mention Nintendo World store (but I did? lol). :bouncy:

Added FYE to the wiki - awaiting approval. After reading tips from several posters on this thread, I decided to stop by after work. The one I went to is in a small retail area with a fair amount of traffic. Employees said they didn't get many preorders, and here's the kicker: the store is right across the street from a GS so you'd think they should've taken more preorders since GS has been completely sold out for a while now. You may luck out with them if you're on the east coast.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Added FYE to the wiki - awaiting approval. After reading tips from several posters on this thread, I decided to stop by after work. The one I went to is in a small retail area with a fair amount of traffic. Employees said they didn't get many preorders, and here's the kicker: the store is right across the street from a GS so you'd think they should've taken more preorders since GS has been completely sold out for a while now. You may luck out with them if you're on the east coast.[/QUOTE]

How much did you have to put down for a pre order?

How do know if you're the first one to pre order at best buy? Do you ask? Just wondering since people say they're first on this.

Pre-ordered mine the day after it was announce and the 1st day best buy officialy started pre order so I feel safe and I'm worried as hell at the same time D:
For people who are planning to go to target but can't go to at midnight but can later on don't worry much I waited out like around 8am and everyone was guaranteed one with a ticket and if they didn't get a ticket no problem they were just told to wait in line so they can get any that are leftover. Just trying to talk about my experience.

I have a pre order @ GS. Assuming I do get one, anyone know if I can use the PUR $50 Off any purchase coupon? I'm pretty close to 50,000 and was thinking about getting it.

[quote name='coopscohen']I have a pre order @ GS. Assuming I do get one, anyone know if I can use the PUR $50 Off any purchase coupon? I'm pretty close to 50,000 and was thinking about getting it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but cant apply that until launch day.

[quote name='soxxx']Bestbuy says nintendo told them the maximum amount of preorders they could take for wii u. I assume Nintendo contacted other stores to.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to confirm this... or did some minimum-wage BB employee tell you that?

[quote name='diazt350']How do know if you're the first one to pre order at best buy? Do you ask? Just wondering since people say they're first on this.

Pre-ordered mine the day after it was announce and the 1st day best buy officialy started pre order so I feel safe and I'm worried as hell at the same time D:
For people who are planning to go to target but can't go to at midnight but can later on don't worry much I waited out like around 8am and everyone was guaranteed one with a ticket and if they didn't get a ticket no problem they were just told to wait in line so they can get any that are leftover. Just trying to talk about my experience.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between those of us who pre-ordered on BestBuy.com either with free shipping or as an in-store pickup... and those who went to Best Buy and pre-ordered in person.

From what all of use know about Best Buy, online pre-orders and store pre-orders should be completely separate, as BestBuy.com and Best Buy stores technically operate as separate entities.

The only reason you can buy something at BestBuy.com and pick it up in store is BestBuy.com has access to Best Buy stores (mostly) real-time inventory.

So, when people say they were "the first" to pre-order at Best Buy, it's because they went in and pre-ordered at the store (I did that with an iPad 2 when they first were released). Those of us who pre-ordered at BestBuy.com have no clue, except for the email receipt we have confirming our preorder.

Just to throw out what I was told when I attempted to preorder at my local BB (Newport News, VA)... The guy I spoke with said that they had been told to stop taking preorders, but that I should show up for the midnight release. He claimed that he was in charge of getting it set up and that he was getting a total of 80 units in for launch day. This figure apparently included preorders, though.

Take that with a grain of salt, obviously. 80 seemed a bit high to me, but this is probably the nicest bb we have in the area. I ultimately ordered mine from gs.com.

On that note, any thoughts on the online preorders from these stores (bb, gs)? I'm not as concerned about having mine on launch day as much as during launch week.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Do you have a link to confirm this... or did some minimum-wage BB employee tell you that?[/QUOTE]

There was a sign over the area that bestbuy will be putting wii u stuff. They already have empty shelves for the Wii U.

Really? I have a FYE at the mall literally RIGHT next to my job and didn't know? If they are already sold out, I'm kicking myself in the ass and giving up.

Although, there are 2 Gamestops inside, one outside, and a Best Buy, Target, and Walmart all around the outside of the mall as well. So I'm guessing that one of those stores HAD to point people to FYE for pre-orders.

[quote name='Manifest95']Really? I have a FYE at the mall literally RIGHT next to my job and didn't know? If they are already sold out, I'm kicking myself in the ass and giving up.

Although, there are 2 Gamestops inside, one outside, and a Best Buy, Target, and Walmart all around the outside of the mall as well. So I'm guessing that one of those stores HAD to point people to FYE for pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Give it a shot! I would back away and try some place else though if they tell you they already have 10 pre-orders for the deluxe. They're obviously not as big as the other retailers which may factor into why no one checks them first, and because of this I'm cautiously optimistic Nintendo will allocate them 10 units of each.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Give it a shot! I would back away and try some place else though if they tell you they already have 10 pre-orders for the deluxe. They're obviously not as big as the other retailers which may factor into why no one checks them first, and because of this I'm cautiously optimistic Nintendo will allocate them 10 units of each.[/QUOTE]

I tried calling FYE by my house, but they told me on the phone they were not taking pre-orders for the wii u. Anyone else have one that isnt taking pre-orders at all? Should I bother actually trying this in-store?

[quote name='nightmarishhero']I tried calling FYE by my house, but they told me on the phone they were not taking pre-orders for the wii u. Anyone else have one that isnt taking pre-orders at all? Should I bother actually trying this in-store?[/QUOTE]

I would assume that means that they know they're only getting a very small lot of systems and a) the manager is letting the employees take them or b) the manager wants to physically have them on shelves. Unless you have one of the larger FYE stores with the really big game departments (didn't they all close?), the videogame "shelf" is many a way to get you in the store to look around.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']I tried calling FYE by my house, but they told me on the phone they were not taking pre-orders for the wii u. Anyone else have one that isnt taking pre-orders at all? Should I bother actually trying this in-store?[/QUOTE]

Some FYE stores don't sell video games anymore. I know that most of them in Syracuse, NY don't. So that may have something to do with it.

I had my preorder in by 1pm at gamestop.com less than 3 hours after the press conference and they did not stop taking orders until Saturday so I most likely will get one at launch.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Some FYE stores don't sell video games anymore. I know that most of them in Syracuse, NY don't. So that may have something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

I was there a month ago and it still had games, 1 wall in the middle of the store with wii/360/ps3 ds games all around it

[quote name='nightmarishhero']I was there a month ago and it still had games, 1 wall in the middle of the store with wii/360/ps3 ds games all around it[/QUOTE]

The one I went to yesterday had plenty of games although it was a small store. They even had games piled up right by the registers. I guess it's YMMV.

[quote name='TURDGAMER']I had my preorder in by 1pm at gamestop.com less than 3 hours after the press conference and they did not stop taking orders until Saturday so I most likely will get one at launch.[/QUOTE]

Famous last words... ;)

Walmart will have some for preorder in store next week. Saw an employee notice that thy would start taking layaway wii u preorders from October 14 to nov 1 for delivery before Xmas. ( I think 12/14 is the last day of layaway for all items to be picked up).

[quote name='kklems']Walmart will have some for preorder in store next week. Saw an employee notice that thy would start taking layaway wii u preorders from October 14 to nov 1 for delivery before Xmas. ( I think 12/14 is the last day of layaway for all items to be picked up).[/QUOTE]

I work in electronics at walmart and thats the first i heard of it, my dept manager said we would not be doing wii u console preorders at all, and we would only be getting a handful of the basic and deluxe at best. for the launch. plus cant put preorders on layaway in a barcode and serial for it to do it.

[quote name='kklems']Walmart will have some for preorder in store next week. Saw an employee notice that thy would start taking layaway wii u preorders from October 14 to nov 1 for delivery before Xmas. ( I think 12/14 is the last day of layaway for all items to be picked up).[/QUOTE]

Remember, though, Walmart policy changes store to store per Walmart manager. Every Walmart will handle their Wii U launch differently. Unless corporate is using the launch as a way to promote their lay-away program, I doubt many stores, if any at all, will follow suite with this (although I'm 100% positive that all stores will allow you to stand in line on launch day and, instead of paying in full, put your Wii U on lay-away).

[quote name='anthroskull']I work in electronics at walmart and thats the first i heard of it, my dept manager said we would not be doing wii u console preorders at all, and we would only be getting a handful of the basic and deluxe at best. for the launch. plus cant put preorders on layaway in a barcode and serial for it to do it.[/QUOTE]

I was picking up a site to store order. It wasn't in electronics section. I am not sure it was public knowledge but it was posted on the wall by the cash register. (and I spent a lot of time standing there). 3 pages detailing process for doing preorder (via layaway). So my guess is they plan to get stock before Xmas to fill layaway orders. Won't start until October 14 per the memo. It also said while stock lasted. Might not be good for flippers but those who want a console for use before Xmas might want to go store Sunday. Btw this looked like a corporate memo with picture of console etc versus a local store memo.

[quote name='ProppaT']Remember, though, Walmart policy changes store to store per Walmart manager. Every Walmart will handle their Wii U launch differently. Unless corporate is using the launch as a way to promote their lay-away program, I doubt many stores, if any at all, will follow suite with this (although I'm 100% positive that all stores will allow you to stand in line on launch day and, instead of paying in full, put your Wii U on lay-away).[/QUOTE]

No at least two of the pages looked like a corporate memo. One was too small to read with a bunch of boxes and code stuff. This was specifically for layaway orders.

[quote name='kklems']I was picking up a site to store order. It wasn't in electronics section. I am not sure it was public knowledge but it was posted on the wall by the cash register. (and I spent a lot of time standing there). 3 pages detailing process for doing preorder (via layaway). So my guess is they plan to get stock before Xmas to fill layaway orders. Won't start until October 14 per the memo. It also said while stock lasted. Might not be good for flippers but those who want a console for use before Xmas might want to go store Sunday. Btw this looked like a corporate memo with picture of console etc versus a local store memo.[/QUOTE]

I work for Walmart in the electronics section, and this is the first I'm hearing about this.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I work for Walmart in the electronics section, and this is the first I'm hearing about this.[/QUOTE]

Do you really think they keep the employee's informed? Keep your eyes open for the notice. let us know. I have a bundle pre ordered from online for delivery, I hate going to the store to stand in line. 13.50 gets it here pretty quick.

Sorry for the long post guys. This comes from an official Walmart document being shared with employees and layaway. The ad for in-store preorders will run in Sunday's Walmart circular 10/14/12. Details below if someone wants to add to the wiki. There is a limit of only 2 preorders per person.

Wii U Layaway Reservation Process
Starts: Sunday, October 14 - Ends: Thursday November 1 (or until allocated qty sold)

Overview
• The Wii U Black Deluxe Console Set can be reserved, Oct. 14 through Nov.1 using the Holiday Layaway system.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to limited quantities the period to reserve your copy could end sooner
o Sales block will be placed on item number once allocated quantity has been met.
• Utilize the Holiday Layaway process to execute the reservation of the Wii U console.
• Layaway service fee of $5 and 10% down applies to reserve the console.

Preparation
• Obtain a folder for the Wii U Black Deluxe console reservation process to hold the layaway package labels for all
pre-sold reservations and secure the folder in the layaway area.
• Create a layaway bin label and apply it to the folder.

Execution
1. Scan barcode of the Black Deluxe Console.(While supplies last)
2. Register will prompt Product Care Plan, Optional. Without a serial number scan the upc two times.
Wii U Deluxe Console
Item 550924127
UPC 45496880866
$349.96

3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Customer may pay a majority of the balance in the initial transaction, but no matter what
there must be a minimum balance of at least one penny, $.01 left on the account when reserving the console.
• This will assist with tracking when the customer returns to pick up the game.
4. Complete transaction and print one package label for each reserved unit.
5. Bin and place the package label(s) in the Wii U reservation folder.
6. Remind the customer on the following elements;
• Wii U launches at 12:01 am on Nov.18 and will be available for pickup.
• Pickup location is the layaway desk, not the Electronics register.
• Return with receipt for a smooth pickup on launch date.
7. Place the pre-sell Wii U folder in a secure location under the layaway register until the launch date of Nov.18 at
12:01am.

Receiving Reserved Wii U Consoles
1. Pre-sold Wii U consoles will arrive into stores DTS Wednesday Nov. 14 through Friday Nov. 16.
• Carton will be marked; Wii U Layaway Merchandise; Take to Store Manager for Midnight launch on
11/18.
2. Take the reserved consoles to the security room until boxes can be labeled and binned.
3. Apply the package labels from the reservation folder to each unit, re-assign the reserved consoles to the proper
storage location and bin until 12:01am on 11/18 launch night.
Midnight Launch
1. Be prepared before the midnight launch
2. Ensure the Layaway area is staffed with a layaway trained associate for the midnight launch.
• Support manager, Assistant manager, etc.
3. Have the deluxe console set and folder secured under the layaway register Saturday night at 11:45pm
4. When the customer picks up their Wii U console
• Ask for the receipt and complete the layaway transaction
• Cross through the package label located in the folder with a pen.
5. Add-on attachment sales by having the following item displayed at launch.
• Cards, Controllers, Games, Charging cradle

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='N1ntendo']Sorry for the long post guys. This comes from an official Walmart document being shared with employees and layaway. The ad for in-store preorders will run in Sunday's Walmart circular 10/14/12. Details below if someone wants to add to the wiki. There is a limit of only 2 preorders per person.

Wii U Layaway Reservation Process
Starts: Sunday, October 14 - Ends: Thursday November 1 (or until allocated qty sold)

Overview
• The Wii U Black Deluxe Console Set can be reserved, Oct. 14 through Nov.1 using the Holiday Layaway system.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to limited quantities the period to reserve your copy could end sooner
o Sales block will be placed on item number once allocated quantity has been met.
• Utilize the Holiday Layaway process to execute the reservation of the Wii U console.

Preparation
• Obtain a folder for the Wii U Black Deluxe console reservation process to hold the layaway package labels for all
pre-sold reservations and secure the folder in the layaway area.
• Create a layaway bin label and apply it to the folder.

Execution
1. Scan barcode of the Black Deluxe Console.(While supplies last)
2. Register will prompt Product Care Plan, Optional. Without a serial number scan the upc two times.
Wii U Deluxe Console
Item 550924127
UPC 45496880866
$349.96
3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Customer may pay a majority of the balance in the initial transaction, but no matter what
there must be a minimum balance of at least one penny, $.01 left on the account when reserving the console.
• This will assist with tracking when the customer returns to pick up the game.
4. Complete transaction and print one package label for each reserved unit.
5. Bin and place the package label(s) in the Wii U reservation folder.
6. Remind the customer on the following elements;
• Wii U launches at 12:01 am on Nov.18 and will be available for pickup.
• Pickup location is the layaway desk, not the Electronics register.
• Return with receipt for a smooth pickup on launch date.
7. Place the pre-sell Wii U folder in a secure location under the layaway register until the launch date of Nov.18 at
12:01am.

Receiving Reserved Wii U Consoles
1. Pre-sold Wii U consoles will arrive into stores DTS Wednesday Nov. 14 through Friday Nov. 16.
• Carton will be marked; Wii U Layaway Merchandise; Take to Store Manager for Midnight launch on
11/18.
2. Take the reserved consoles to the security room until boxes can be labeled and binned.
3. Apply the package labels from the reservation folder to each unit, re-assign the reserved consoles to the proper
storage location and bin until 12:01am on 11/18 launch night.
Midnight Launch
1. Be prepared before the midnight launch
2. Ensure the Layaway area is staffed with a layaway trained associate for the midnight launch.
• Support manager, Assistant manager, etc.
3. Have the deluxe console set and folder secured under the layaway register Saturday night at 11:45pm
4. When the customer picks up their Wii U console
• Ask for the receipt and complete the layaway transaction
• Cross through the package label located in the folder with a pen.
5. Add-on attachment sales by having the following item displayed at launch.
• Cards, Controllers, Games, Charging cradle[/QUOTE]

my store will completely crew this up, just saying plus our store doesnt have enough man power as it it to deal with it lol

[quote name='N1ntendo']
[/QUOTE]If I'm reading this correctly, there is a $5 Layaway service fee that is not applied towards the cost of the console while the 10% is?

I pre-ordered from both gamestop (online with shipping) and bestbuy (online as pickup) but I don't trust either too much that they will actually have it. And since I live within short walking distance of a big Walmart... I may try to get in on this instore Walmart layaway.

Don't want to quote that long post but that looks like what I read so it is confirmed. Also the person asking about the $5 layaway cost. After you fulfill your full layaway order they refund your $5 in the form of a $5 Walmart gc

I have a 24 hour Walmart next to my house so will I be able to go at midnight to pre order the Wii U? I'm not sure how layaway works at Walmart so I don't know if there is someone always there.

If this is true, Walmart done good.
We get 2 Deluxe Wii U layaways per store.
I have 10 Walmarts within driving distance.
We can even pickup the day after to avoid lines.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']If I'm reading this correctly, there is a $5 Layaway service fee that is not applied towards the cost of the console while the 10% is?[/QUOTE]
You got it. $5 refundable service fee, plus $35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back