Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='madcatz1999']It's amazing how much of a difference where you live can make. I lived in the middle of nowhere for the PS2 launch. Got to Walmart at 7:30PM for a midnight launch, was the 2nd person in line.

For the PS3 launch, I lived near a few colleges, and went out at 7:30PM the night before the night of the launch (with many of the stores not having midnight launches) -- i.e. 24-32 hours earlier than for the PS2, and we couldn't find a single store without a line already full.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit I hear you man. In my hometown the Wii was IMPOSSIBLE to get. Im at college now and Like when the Wii U preorders came up, I checked my hometown Bestbuys and EVERY single one was sold out the day they took preorders. In my college town about 4 hours north, EVERY bestbuy had them available for preorder for days.

Im actually confident I could walk in launch day and pick one up. I swear whatever Wii U's that got allocated to my bestbuy never sold out and were moved elsewhere because the lack of preorders.

When the Wii launched at home, the line was 100s of people deep, like 500 at least. My Bestbuy got 84 wiis which was ALOT considering most stores got 40 max. I camped out 14 hours and was #40. Even the size of the bestbuys is so much different, the one at my hometown is like the size of a sams club while the one up here is like the size of a a small target.

Saying nobody knew that GS would start preorders that day isn't quite true. It wasn't officially announced but it was reported as "likely" on many sites. I was at GS at 8 am before open. Was I the only one there? Yup. But technically, somebody (me) knew they'd start preorders that day.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']With Wii preorders in 2006 I was in the student computer lounge on a Wednesday while my wife was in class and I got an email from gamestop indicating they were taking preorders the next day. I was at gamestop the next morning at 7 am. There was 2 people ahead of me. When store employees showed up before the store opened they had us sign a sheet in order of who was there first. By time store opened there were probably 30 people in line. I preordered mine no problem. Midnight launch was a blast...so much hype and Zelda was so worth it.[/QUOTE]
When gamestop took preorders it was on a thursday and I was in high school so it was impossible for me to get their. I remember reading stories of people lineing up 3 hours before to preorder which stunned me because it was only for preorders.

But when they started preorders for the Wii, they waited a month after the september press conference and set a date in stone in mid october and began hyping it up a week before so people were prepared. It was much different for the Wii U clearly.

But there was rumors speculating that the wii u was coming out in november so gamestop and other stores decided to do pre orders earlier because the knew how big the wii launch was.

The best buy near me always does midnight launches every tuesday no matter the game so I still don't know about going. Anyone else just going later on in the day? or in the morning?

[quote name='AutoPilotOff']My GameStop said no midnight because they are only getting like 6 systems[/QUOTE]

That was what I was thinking, seeing as each store will have very low quantities (unless their preorder list opens up more initial release preorders). I didn't ask, but when I paid it off the other day the manager said "see you on the 17th" so I was kinda wondering.

I'll ask next time I'm in there. I hope there will be a midnight release.

I've called every Walmart in my area and all of them said they wont be taking Wii U Deluxe preorders on the 14th. Are you guys sure you have the correct info?

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Just wanting y'alls opinions on this...do you think Walmart will still have preorders for the Wii U by 2 PM on Sunday?[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't chance it. better get there earlier.

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Just wanting y'alls opinions on this...do you think Walmart will still have preorders for the Wii U by 2 PM on Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Depends. Is your Wal-Mart in a city with a large population? Is it by a highway or farther into the suburbs?

[quote name='kevgees']I've called every Walmart in my area and all of them said they wont be taking Wii U Deluxe preorders on the 14th. Are you guys sure you have the correct info?[/QUOTE]
yeah I think it's only for the regular edition. They figure that way more mom's and dads will get them for there kids and the whole Walmart family agenda will be served. most hardcores don't want the regular and most flippers can't make nearly as much on it. I think thats how the lay away pre order deal is going to work.

[quote name='tightclaws']yeah I think it's only for the regular edition. They figure that way more mom's and dads will get them for there kids and the whole Walmart family agenda will be served. most hardcores don't want the regular and most flippers can't make nearly as much on it. I think thats how the lay away pre order deal is going to work.[/QUOTE]

I imagine that Walmart would pre-order deluxe models if they could. I assume they are sold out entirely, and basic is all thats left to go around.

[quote name='tightclaws']yeah I think it's only for the regular edition. They figure that way more mom's and dads will get them for there kids and the whole Walmart family agenda will be served. most hardcores don't want the regular and most flippers can't make nearly as much on it. I think thats how the lay away pre order deal is going to work.[/QUOTE]
The memo posted specifically mentions the deluxe (5 times), and even lists the specific barcode for the deluxe. If anything, then it's only for the deluxe.
[quote name='Drclaw411']I imagine that Walmart would pre-order deluxe models if they could. I assume they are sold out entirely, and basic is all thats left to go around.[/QUOTE]
They never took any (in-store) preorders to begin with. How could they be sold out?
[quote name='kevgees']I've called every Walmart in my area and all of them said they wont be taking Wii U Deluxe preorders on the 14th. Are you guys sure you have the correct info?[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna have to go with:
[quote name='Nintendonly']Rule of thumb: Walmart employees don't know shit.[/QUOTE]

I was at the gamecube launch and the wii launch. If Bestbuy lives up to their part of the bargain, this will be the easiest console I have ever had to get.

The Gamecube launch I ended up lucky, I walked in on launch day not even knowing what the gamecube was, we went to TRU to return something and I ended up walking out with my christmas gift. The Wii launch was much rougher, had to campout. The Wii U launch might be the easiest, litteraly preordered from my home. Dont get much easier than that.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']are you an idiot, or did you just start following video games during the past week? what indication other than your obviously addled brain do you have that leads you to believe that microsoft will be launching its next console by next year? they've made zero announcements yet, no one has seen or heard anything about it, and the soonest you'd see a reveal would be next summer, giving everyone only a few months to hear about it.

if they were to announce their new console at next e3, the soonest it'd be released would probably be 2014.[/QUOTE]

I choose door number one, Monty.

Microsoft is gearing up facilities to start producing some components of NextBox720. There are already problems coming up and if they don't start producing the components soon, they won't have as many consoles as they would like to have and launch in September 2013. Microsoft wants to create a HUGE supply of consoles to meet the initial holiday demand. If they cannot start getting components made soon enough, they would be forced to launch in the typical November with the usual limited supply of consoles.

Microsoft unveiled the Xbox 360 for the very first time just 6 months before the console launch.

The official unveiling of the Xbox 360 occurred on May 12 2005 on MTV and was hosted by actor Elijah Wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ProppaT']The Wii U is going to be interesting in this respect. I think we're going to see a lot of developers struggling with optimizing games for the Wii U because of the tablet and having to split the horsepower between two screens. The real limiting factor for the Wii U is going to be the CPU, imo. They're putting a fairly modern GPU in it, which will help it keep up with the 720/PS4 graphically, but I have a feeling the CPU is going to cripple it a bit in the long run. Something tells me it's not going to be able to keep up with the AI and physics that we'll see in 720/PS4 games.

Honestly, I hope that most developers stick to running games natively in 720p and try to hit 60fps rather than trying to force 1080p on the system. It's just not going to have enough power to run games at a playable frame rate at that resolution, especially when they start trying to enable environmental effects. At very least, I hope that this new generation of consoles offers the option to play the game natively at 720p or 1080p, instead of running everything at 1080p and letting our TVs downscale. I'll take 720p at a locked 60fps over 1080p running at whatever anyday. No blur vs resolution...I'll take no blur.[/QUOTE]

You make some very good points. It's not just about the HD graphics, but also the AI, physics, and good solid frame rates. I believe the Wii U having to split the processing power between the TV monitor and the tablet is going to create complexities for developers.

[quote name='ProppaT']The Wii U is going to be interesting in this respect. I think we're going to see a lot of developers struggling with optimizing games for the Wii U because of the tablet and having to split the horsepower between two screens. The real limiting factor for the Wii U is going to be the CPU, imo. They're putting a fairly modern GPU in it, which will help it keep up with the 720/PS4 graphically, but I have a feeling the CPU is going to cripple it a bit in the long run. Something tells me it's not going to be able to keep up with the AI and physics that we'll see in 720/PS4 games.

Honestly, I hope that most developers stick to running games natively in 720p and try to hit 60fps rather than trying to force 1080p on the system. It's just not going to have enough power to run games at a playable frame rate at that resolution, especially when they start trying to enable environmental effects. At very least, I hope that this new generation of consoles offers the option to play the game natively at 720p or 1080p, instead of running everything at 1080p and letting our TVs downscale. I'll take 720p at a locked 60fps over 1080p running at whatever anyday. No blur vs resolution...I'll take no blur.[/QUOTE]

But why is 2d mario in 720p?!?! They cant do that?

[quote name='grumpier']But why is 2d mario in 720p?!?! They cant do that?[/QUOTE]

Because there up are to 4 players on screen at once, multiple enemies, and the Wii U tablet screen is being used. Hopefully the game runs at 60fps, but if it's 720p and 30fps, then that is on the low side.

[quote name='gordojones88']Because there up are to 4 players on screen at once, multiple enemies, and the Wii U tablet screen is being used. Hopefully the game runs at 60fps, but if it's 720p and 30fps, then that is on the low side.[/QUOTE]

Digital Foundry is saying it runs at 60 FPS.

For those working at Walmart, if you pre order the Wii U but cancel it, do you get the $5 layaway fee returned to you or do you eat the cost? I'm looking at Walmart being my safety net, since I have about $40 credit with BB.

People really need to bring down their expectations of how powerful Sony and Microsoft's next systems will be. Microsoft's hellbent on forcing Kinect onto everything and Sony's already said they can't afford another PS3. They'll be stronger but it's going to be more like PS2/GC/Xbox era more than likely.

It seems everybody here is getting the Deluxe+Mario+ZombiU+pro controller.

Makes me wonder if those two games and the controller will be a bit tough to find at launch as well.

[quote name='kitsunisan']For those working at Walmart, if you pre order the Wii U but cancel it, do you get the $5 layaway fee returned to you or do you eat the cost? I'm looking at Walmart being my safety net, since I have about $40 credit with BB.[/QUOTE]
If you're in Maryland, there's no fee. If you're in Ohio, you get the fee back. Otherwise, if you cancel, you get your down payment (and any other payments back), but you don't get the fee back.

BTW, it looks like it's a $15 fee. Last year, it was a $5 fee with $10 cancellation on top of that, but everything this year (other than the main layaway landing page on their website) says it's a $15 fee (with no additional cancellation fee).

[quote name='Eggman']
People really need to bring down their expectations of how powerful Sony and Microsoft's next systems will be.
[/QUOTE]

Um, I haven't seen anybody post about how powerful they expect the real next-gen systems will be. I have seen lots discussed about how powerful they expect the Wii U will be compared to the PS360.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Called my local walmarts all layaway desk are open 9am-9pm for me. Debating how early to get there. I don't think alot of people will know about this but at the same time have a basic pre-ordered for in store pick up at my local BB. I want a deluxe though.... im debating about getting there at 6ish... not too early not to late... I don't wanna cause a line but I don't wanna be late... Anybody think ill be safe?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going there to pre order two Deluxe Models. CAG is the best!

[quote name='gordojones88']Because there up are to 4 players on screen at once, multiple enemies, and the Wii U tablet screen is being used. Hopefully the game runs at 60fps, but if it's 720p and 30fps, then that is on the low side.[/QUOTE]

There's no doubt it's running at 60fps. If you watch some of the play demos in HD, you can see how buttery smooth it is. I'm really glad Nintendo had the sense to let 720p be enough in this case. I think that once people get a taste of 60fps gaming, they won't really care about the resolution so much. Heck, not to mention that half of the HDTVs out there are only 720p to begin with. My livingroom plasma 42" and 720p and, from the distance I sit, you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p anyway.

[quote name='Drclaw411']It seems everybody here is getting the Deluxe+Mario+ZombiU+pro controller.

Makes me wonder if those two games and the controller will be a bit tough to find at launch as well.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered the controller just to be on the safe side, Gamestop is taking them for the white or black version. 5 down just like any game.

Also getting ZombieU and Mario...also black ops 2..gonna chance it and give it a try.

Ebay just nuked the majority of Wii U listings. Several of the auction style listings were already over $750. I had added 3 to my watch list & they have all been removed from the site. I bet a few flippers are going to be irate. I was really curious to see how much they would actually sell for.

[quote name='juanawoman']Irina, the only girl in line, was the true capitalist. Huddled up to her friend Emilio (both pictured below) she said she was selling hers [PS3] on eBay, "I'll start at $600 and see where it goes." She says that $1500 - $2000 would make the evening in the cold worth it for her.

Wonder how that worked out for her. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I had no intention of selling my PS3 after waiting in line for 4-5 hours for a pre-order, but when I saw what they were going for on eBay, i Had to. I sold mine for $2200 and bought a new HDTV with the profit. I did buy it again but in January 2007.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Ebay just nuked the majority of Wii U listings. Several of the auction style listings were already over $750. I had added 3 to my watch list & they have all been removed from the site. I bet a few flippers are going to be irate. I was really curious to see how much they would actually sell for.[/QUOTE]
Same man, I was like WTF, $750?? Insane. I watched one to just to see how high it would go, hell I was tempted to put my preorder up cuz If make 300 profit that would pay for my own system.

I knew something was wrong though, im glad Ebay took em out.

[quote name='danh920']that sucks that they're pulling the listings right now, wasnt aware it violated policy[/QUOTE]

So cancel your pre-order and let someone who isnt filthy ebay trash get it ;)

[quote name='frankthetank250']
walmartad.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If I go there and line up early and successfully pre-order this, is it guaranteed that I will get the console (they set it aside for me to pick up) or is it still first come first served on November 18? I'm sorry if this question has been answered before.

[quote name='rayfrombk']If I go there and line up early and successfully pre-order this, is it guaranteed that I will get the console (they set it aside for me to pick up) or is it still first come first served on November 18? I'm sorry if this question has been answered before.[/QUOTE]

Answered before.

[quote name='danh920']that sucks that they're pulling the listings right now, wasnt aware it violated policy[/QUOTE]

I think you have to be able to deliver the console within 30 days of the listing ending, which isn't possible at the moment. There is also the issue of people not being 100% sure they will even get the console at launch from their preorder, so I imagine that factored in as well.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']I think you have to be able to deliver the console within 30 days of the listing ending, which isn't possible at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this. The official policy is here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html
Unless they can argue that they were selling an actual pre-order ticket, which I would imagine in most cases are non-transferable (not to mention the buyer would still be responsible for the remaining balance, if any).

[quote name='SychoBC']I had no intention of selling my PS3 after waiting in line for 4-5 hours for a pre-order, but when I saw what they were going for on eBay, i Had to. I sold mine for $2200 and bought a new HDTV with the profit. I did buy it again but in January 2007.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Someone bought a PS3 for $2200? I have no faith in humanity after reading that.

It's called PATIENCE, people.

[quote name='YBX87']LOL, there is actually a layaway from consoles[/QUOTE]

Walmart does layaway for a lot of stuff. What's your point?

[quote name='YBX87']LOL, there is actually a layaway from consoles[/QUOTE]

It's just a console pre-order disguised as layaway, really. Other than the $5 refundable fee, anyway.

[quote name='Plinko']Wow. Someone bought a PS3 for $2200? I have no faith in humanity after reading that.

It's called PATIENCE, people.[/QUOTE]

and after having the $2200 PS3, they use it to play... Resistence 1? CoD 3? that's just funny and sad now.

[quote name='kevgees']What time is Walmart going to start taking Wii u preorders on Sunday? Midnight?[/QUOTE]

Where I live, there are practically no 24-hour Walmarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back