Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called my local 24 hour Walmart and asked about preordering at midnight. She said they weren't sure how they were going to handle it. So it sounds like YMMV when it comes to being able to preorder at midnight.

So with WalMart, you can pay it all off except for a penny? Or does the 5 bucks back count towards that? Are employees really going to know to leave a penny remaining on the order?

[quote name='therealdanhill']So with WalMart, you can pay it all off except for a penny? Or does the 5 bucks back count towards that? Are employees really going to know to leave a penny remaining on the order?[/QUOTE]
The $5 does not count. I believe the penny is policy as you have to have a balance left.

So thought I'd just give a heads up. I live in Sacramento, CA and called one of my 24 hour Super Walmarts in the area and after being transferred twice, I got to the electronics depertment where the gentleman said that the preorders WILL begin at midnight (at this store anyways) and that they will taken care of in the electronics department right there. So I hope that helps some of you! I'll be there at about 11:45PM on Saturday night

[quote name='DeathStinger356']So thought I'd just give a heads up. I live in Sacramento, CA and called one of my 24 hour Super Walmarts in the area and after being transferred twice, I got to the electronics depertment where the gentleman said that the preorders WILL begin at midnight (at this store anyways) and that they will taken care of in the electronics department right there. So I hope that helps some of you! I'll be there at about 11:45PM on Saturday night[/QUOTE]

This gives me hope that mine will do it. I work at 8 AM on Sunday morning so I would be devastated if the ones around me didn't do one.

[quote name='DeathStinger356']So thought I'd just give a heads up. I live in Sacramento, CA and called one of my 24 hour Super Walmarts in the area and after being transferred twice, I got to the electronics depertment where the gentleman said that the preorders WILL begin at midnight (at this store anyways) and that they will taken care of in the electronics department right there. So I hope that helps some of you! I'll be there at about 11:45PM on Saturday night[/QUOTE]

lol.. I'm trying to get through to the Walmart closest to my home, but they don't pick up WTF! Once I find out the start of pre-orders, I will share this information also.

Update: I just got through to another Walmart near by and the associate in the Electronics department told me they weren't taking pre-orders on Sunday but middle of next week instead? Please don't take this as fact obviously, but I'm wondering if each Walmart is doing things differently..

Hey DeathStinger, I am in Sac too, sent you a pm

I don't think this has been asked before but you don't have to pick up your preorder/layaway on Nov 18th do you? You can wait til the end of layaway date on Dec 14 to pick up your console I assume? This is going to be a Christmas gift for my boys so I don't need it at launch. Have lots of other gift shopping to do so if I can spread it out that will be even better.

[quote name='El Rey']Hey DeathStinger, I am in Sac too, sent you a pm

I don't think this has been asked before but you don't have to pick up your preorder/layaway on Nov 18th do you? You can wait til the end of layaway date on Dec 14 to pick up your console I assume? This is going to be a Christmas gift for my boys so I don't need it at launch. Have lots of other gift shopping to do so if I can spread it out that will be even better.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need to pick it up on Nov 18, but if you can pick it up on that day, why not? Just find a very good hiding place. ;)

Called 3 of my 24 hour store and they said only during layaway hours 9am-9pm... no midnight.

[quote name='El Rey']Hey DeathStinger, I am in Sac too, sent you a pm

I don't think this has been asked before but you don't have to pick up your preorder/layaway on Nov 18th do you? You can wait til the end of layaway date on Dec 14 to pick up your console I assume? This is going to be a Christmas gift for my boys so I don't need it at launch. Have lots of other gift shopping to do so if I can spread it out that will be even better.[/QUOTE]

No, considering that the memos are saying they will have only a certain amount and can stop preorders/layaway at any time, I would assume they have a certain number and once you open a preorder/layaway process on it, they cant sell it until AFTER the end of the layaway time after December 14th. So yes I would assume you should be ok. BUT take it with a grain of salt as some companies can choose to do things however they like. The nice this is that you still have about 5 weeks before the system is released to finsih the layaway process if you wish to do so

[quote name='Masx']Called 3 of my 24 hour store and they said only during layaway hours 9am-9pm... no midnight.[/QUOTE]

Which Walmarts/in what states did you call?

Okay, so I just spent 30 minutes calling several different 24-hour Walmarts in my area.

1st Walmart- Hadn't decided whether to do a midnight release or not.

2nd- Girl was clueless. She said that they don't do pre-orders.

3rd- Put me on hold for 7 miuntes, the proceeded to read the sheet that was already posted in this thread. Finally, after 17 minutes on the phone, he told me they probably wouldn't as layaway doesn't open until 9AM.

4th- Old woman who directed me not to electronics, but herself. I asked anyway and she responded by yelling "A WHAT?!?! WHAT IS THAT??" I then told her to direct me again to electronics, only to be direct to her again. I hung up...

5th- Oops, called a neighborhood Walmart by accident.

6th- Told me that pre-orders are online only.

I still have a few more to call, but I'll do those tomorrow.

So far the 2 Walmart supercenters that I got through to in NJ are flat out denying that there are Wii U's for layaway on Sunday.. I don't understand. Maybe it's not nationwide or twice I got employees who don't know anything?

[quote name='rayfrombk']So far the 2 Walmart supercenters that I got through to in NJ are flat out denying that there are Wii U's for layaway on Sunday.. I don't understand. Maybe it's not nationwide or twice I got employees who don't know anything?[/QUOTE]
Too bad the newspaper ad only say "Layaway yours today" instead of a specific date. Even though the ad starts 10/14 and that would be "today", with a specific date you could put their foot to the fire.

[quote name='klimb22']Too bad the newspaper ad only say "Layaway yours today" instead of a specific date. Even though the ad starts 10/14 and that would be "today", with a specific date you could put their foot to the fire.[/QUOTE]

But the memo that was posted a couple of pages ago clearly states pre-order begins on 10/14.

[quote name='rayfrombk']But the memo that was posted a couple of pages ago clearly states pre-order begins on 10/14.[/QUOTE]
...but the customer is not supposed to know about that memo.

[quote name='klimb22']...but the customer is not supposed to know about that memo.[/QUOTE]

That's true. That would be a good excuse to drive us away and keep the consoles for themselves I suppose. :cry:

It's likely the Supervisor on duty Saturday night will know about the memo and decide what to do about it while on shift. The difference between a midnight layaway and an 8am layaway shouldn't be freaking people out.

What you should be freaking out about is, if they take a huge amount of layaway preorders for month, and put your slip in a big folder with 500 other random slips, when they get 50 consoles in Nov 18, which of the 500 slips gets put onto a console?

[quote name='gordojones88']It's likely the Supervisor on duty Saturday night will know about the memo and decide what to do about it while on shift. The difference between a midnight layaway and an 8am layaway shouldn't be freaking people out.

What you should be freaking out about is, if they take a huge amount of layaway preorders for month, and put your slip in a big folder with 500 other random slips, when they get 50 consoles in Nov 18, which of the 500 slips gets put onto a console?[/QUOTE]

It says in the ad they are taking a limited quantity of preorders.

[quote name='Flame Killa']It says in the ad they are taking a limited quantity of preorders.[/QUOTE]

I guess saying it is one thing and doing it is another. I just hope that their registers "know" to stop taking orders after a certain qty is sold.

The person I talked to was knowledgeable about the memo and verified with his manager/supervisor that they will be doing preorders at midnight. I have to leave work a little earlier than usual so I can get there around 11:30.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']The person I talked to was knowledgeable about the memo and verified with his manager/supervisor that they will be doing preorders at midnight. I have to leave work a little earlier than usual so I can get there around 11:30.[/QUOTE]

Which state was this may I ask?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Sanford, fl is doing midnight just confirmed. She just said layaway buyers would have to wait until 9[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, they are offering non-layaway preorders beginning at midnight SEPARATE from those that want them for layaway beginning at 9am only because layaway doesn't open until then? I thought this is strictly for layaways only.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Sanford, fl is doing midnight just confirmed. She just said layaway buyers would have to wait until 9[/QUOTE]

We will all be layaway buyers.

[quote name='rayfrombk']lol.. I'm trying to get through to the Walmart closest to my home, but they don't pick up WTF! Once I find out the start of pre-orders, I will share this information also.

Update: I just got through to another Walmart near by and the associate in the Electronics department told me they weren't taking pre-orders on Sunday but middle of next week instead? Please don't take this as fact obviously, but I'm wondering if each Walmart is doing things differently..[/QUOTE]
Walmart is very YMMV. There might be a reason for that.

[quote name='rayfrombk']I guess saying it is one thing and doing it is another. I just hope that their registers "know" to stop taking orders after a certain qty is sold.[/QUOTE]

The register already knows when enough is sold.
This is however, the biggest problem that I've told management. Why aren't we getting info from home office in regards to how many? If we have 20 people waiting in line for pre-orders and we only have 4 to sell? I'm sure *SOME* of those 16 people will walk away ok with it, the rest will throw a hissy fit.

Called my Walmart today asked if they were taking pre orders this Sunday. First he said no then he was like oh wait yeah we are doing layaway orders said I will I have to wait till 9am though. My plan is go around 7am see how many people are there waiting in line if not too much or nobody in line I will go buy some breakfast and come back.

[quote name='rayfrombk']So far the 2 Walmart supercenters that I got through to in NJ are flat out denying that there are Wii U's for layaway on Sunday.. I don't understand. Maybe it's not nationwide or twice I got employees who don't know anything?[/QUOTE]

I liven NJ and go the same response on Friday but when I called on Saturday thy confirmed that thy will be taking preorders Sunday but didn't say what time

[quote name='kevgees']I liven NJ and go the same response on Friday but when I called on Saturday thy confirmed that thy will be taking preorders Sunday but didn't say what time[/QUOTE]

How the fuck can you call on Saturday when Saturday hasn't hit yet?
No, 30 minutes after 12AM doesn't count.

[quote name='Nintendonly']How the fuck can you call on Saturday when Saturday hasn't hit yet?
No, 30 minutes after 12AM doesn't count.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sleepy! lol I meant they denied on Thursday but confirmed on Friday!

[quote name='kevgees']I liven NJ and go the same response on Friday but when I called on Saturday thy confirmed that thy will be taking preorders Sunday but didn't say what time[/QUOTE]

Which Walmart in NJ did you call that said they were taking preorders? I called North Bergen and Secaucus. Had to call North Bergen like 50 times before someone finally picked up and when they did getting information from them was like pulling teeth. :cold:

[quote name='rayfrombk']Which Walmart in NJ did you call that said they were taking preorders? I called North Bergen and Secaucus. Had to call North Bergen like 50 times before someone finally picked up and when they did getting information from them was like pulling teeth. :cold:[/QUOTE]

A few in south jersey

If you can't reserve one at walmart on sunday, there's still a chance a few other stores will have in store preorders before the release date

this walmart lawaway stuff is just the tip of the iceberg before the launch comes

now that people are aware of the system being hard to find come nov. 18, they will turn to walmart come sunday with the resellers in full force, good luck to those of you who will try to land a preorder

Would it be crazy of me to show up at Walmart at 6:30am? I don't have a car so I will need to rely on mass transit and this is the most reasonable time I think. The next route will have me arriving an hr later at 7:30am, but I don't want to be borderline "late".

[quote name='rayfrombk']Would it be crazy of me to show up at Walmart at 6:30am? I don't have a car so I will need to rely on mass transit and this is the most reasonable time I think. The next route will have me arriving an hr later at 7:30am, but I don't want to be borderline "late".[/QUOTE]

How bad do you want a Wii U? This doesnt seem unreasonable to me if you really want the console. I'm going to camp out for my Wii U in front of my Gamestop just to make sure I'm the first in line...and I have my deluxe and games fully paid off.

Btw I double checked at my gamestop and they were 100% postive that they are not doing a Midnight Release for it since its a Sunday and the week of BF is around the corner.

[quote name='Paladinion']How bad do you want a Wii U? This doesnt seem unreasonable to me if you really want the console. I'm going to camp out for my Wii U in front of my Gamestop just to make sure I'm the first in line...and I have my deluxe and games fully paid off.

Btw I double checked at my gamestop and they were 100% postive that they are not doing a Midnight Release for it since its a Sunday and the week of BF is around the corner.[/QUOTE]

Did they say anything along the lines of opening early?

Walmart just put their local ad online and this is what it says when you click on the Wii U:

Wii U™ Deluxe Bundle Game System
$349.96

NEW Introducing the new Wii U™. Layaway yours today. Available for pickup Nov. 18.
Valid Oct 14 - Oct 20

Looks like no more denying this by Walmart associates who want to keep the Wii U's for themselves. :)
Now the only question that remains is can we start preordering at 12:01am or 9:00am?

[quote name='frankthetank250']
walmartad.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is a good post indeed! Excellent!

I called, and the electronics manager picked up. He said they were taking pre-orders, but I would have to call in later to see if he has more information about it. I'll probably call around 9am.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Would it be crazy of me to show up at Walmart at 6:30am? I don't have a car so I will need to rely on mass transit and this is the most reasonable time I think. The next route will have me arriving an hr later at 7:30am, but I don't want to be borderline "late".[/QUOTE]

I'll be more concerned about what will happen on the bus ride home with a Wii U in your hands.

[quote name='Vap']I'll be more concerned about what will happen on the bus ride home with a Wii U in your hands.[/QUOTE]

Hope he's on good terms with Epic Beard Man. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back