Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']Nobody knows this. Including at least one of Walmart and Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Over/Under on 20-30 units per store?

If my layaway opens @ 9 I think I'll hot Starbucks @ 7, the crapper @ 7:30, then Wally World @ 7:45.

I only owned a Wii for a week when it hit and was not keen on it and ended up gifting it to a needy family. I am pumped for thus Wii U!

[quote name='rightwingjedi']I only owned a Wii for a week when it hit and was not keen on it and ended up gifting it to a needy family. I am pumped for thus Wii U![/QUOTE]

wat

I already have 2 pre orders (one at TRU in store, and the other bestbuy for in store pick up), but I want to be on the safe side and get a thrid one.
My walmart is not crowded, so I will just show up by 845 AM

My store said 9am, but I'm going to try to convince an associate to do the layaway as soon as I get there lol. I'll bluff and say I spoke to the manager this morning over the phone and that's what he said. :p

So for the stores that are doing midnight preorders, is it going to be in electronics or at the layaway counter? Because in virtually every single 24-hour walmart, the layaway counter is only open from like 9AM-9 or 10PM.

I stopped by the 24-hour one earlier today, and after literally 20 minutes of standing around while everyone checked with everyone else and looked up stuff on the computer, they came back and said "Yeah, you can reserve a console tomorrow". Me: "So at midnight or at 9AM?". Answer: "No idea." Sigh.

Good luck to all those getting theirs for the first time or just snagging more for whatever your reason. I just called my rural one and no one's there so far. I'm going to hit it up around 7 or so.

[quote name='Kane666']i just called my walmart she had no idea wtf i was talking about. just said nope you can preorder online[/QUOTE]

Provide her the flyer tomorrow morning.

[quote name='rayfrombk']I have 2 friends/co-workers who live within 5 minutes of the Walmart I'm going to and they have cars so I'll make them authorized pick up persons. On launch day they will pick up the console for me and I will get it from them at work the next day. You're crazy to think I'm getting on the bus with it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah at first I thought you were. Your plan sounds so much better and safer,lol.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Provide her the flyer tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

That's what in going to do as well. They should have in front of the store correct? I'm going to the 24 hour location so hopefully everything works out. I have to be at work by 10:45 :(

[quote name='TEHJOE']We don't have a upc so I would check back Monday.[/QUOTE]

For the UPC, Have them look at the internal memo they got earlier in the week.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10039968&postcount=2295

[quote name='N1ntendo']
Execution
1. Scan barcode of the Black Deluxe Console.(While supplies last)
2. Register will prompt Product Care Plan, Optional. Without a serial number scan the upc two times.
Wii U Deluxe Console
Item 550924127
UPC 45496880866
$349.96

[/QUOTE]

Just got back from the 24 hour Walmart. The layaway dept is closed for the evening and the customer service rep said to come back at 9am Sunday morning.

hello just wanted to share this email from BB i got today.

BILLING PROBLEM ENCOUNTERED - ACTION REQUIRED

10/13/2012
Order Number: x

Dear x: One or more of the payment methods used for your order has failed to process. We need to hear from you before we are able to process your order any further. Please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) as soon as possible to help us complete your order. If you do not contact us and we are unsuccessful in processing your billing information, your order will be cancelled.

So what happen was my bank of america card was hacked and someone was using it in another state. So i had to call BB to update them quickly on this. As others have stated if you get this email call them quick you have 1 hr it seems to update it or they will cancel you. So i just to make everyone aware of BB and what they will do if you wait. I put it on my discover as i never have issues with them. THis is very stressful for us preorder folks.

[quote name='rckola911']hello just wanted to share this email from BB i got today.

BILLING PROBLEM ENCOUNTERED - ACTION REQUIRED

10/13/2012
Order Number: x

Dear x: One or more of the payment methods used for your order has failed to process. We need to hear from you before we are able to process your order any further. Please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) as soon as possible to help us complete your order. If you do not contact us and we are unsuccessful in processing your billing information, your order will be cancelled.

So what happen was my bank of america card was hacked and someone was using it in another state. So i had to call BB to update them quickly on this. As others have stated if you get this email call them quick you have 1 hr it seems to update it or they will cancel you. So i just to make everyone aware of BB and what they will do if you wait. I put it on my discover as i never have issues with them. THis is very stressful for us preorder folks.
[/QUOTE]

1 hour ? FCK BB god I hate them.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']My store is doing them at 12:01. I'm first in line.[/QUOTE]

How many people in line so far?

Just called my local Walmart...lady in electronics said she didm't know about it and asked me to hold on (at this point I didnt hope for much more info) but I overheard her talking to someone asking about the lawaway and she came back and said yes they are doing it beginning at midnight and only for the first 9 people but no one was there yet....so good news for me :)

i went to my walmart earlier today and said layaway would open 9 am...i'm keeping my fingers crossed that no one actually lines up so early! and are we limited one per person?

Just called the closest Walmart, layaway is closed and electronics hasn't heard a thing. I'll head down there at 8 tomorrow, hopefully someone will know what the hell is going on.
Damn, going to be up until 2am with Toonami too, going to be a rough day.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Just finished my preorder as the first one at my store. There was just me and another guy when I left.[/QUOTE]

Did you show them the ad and how much did you have to put down?

[quote name='caMOFOg']Did you show them the ad and how much did you have to put down?[/QUOTE]

They had everything ready to go. All organized. Put down $5 and 10%.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Just finished my preorder as the first one at my store. There was just me and another guy when I left.[/QUOTE]

do you know if you can preorder more than one?

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Layaway area.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. When I stopped in earlier no one (at customer service, layaway or electronics knew anything). The layaway girl did tell me they close from 9pm to 9 am though. So, if the preoders are happening only at layaway then there shouldn't be any activity at my store until 9 ish tomorrow.

[quote name='bgame2']The layaway girl did tell me they close from 9pm to 9 am though. So, if the preoders are happening only at layaway then there shouldn't be any activity at my store until 9 ish tomorrow.[/QUOTE]See, thing is though, layaway areas in ALL walmarts usually close at 9PM, so you just have to hope that the person you're asking knows what they're talking about.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Just got back from the 24 hour Walmart. The layaway dept is closed for the evening and the customer service rep said to come back at 9am Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I was getting to throw on some clothes; hop in the Mazda, and go. Zoom zoom! I'll be there then. Thanks again.

I wonder, if they are doing this, can they hold it for you all they way up into the holidays?

Would be a nice Christmas Present for the fam.

I'm the only person at this Walmart right now. Layaway is closed until 9am. A couple came in after me and we were trying to hustle the customer service rep to let us preorder but no bite.. They do know about the Wii U, but no one here really knows the process though. They need to get some kind of card, possibly something with the SKU from Electronics in order to put it on layaway at the customer service desk, but Electronics rep can't find the SKU in the system.

Just like I thought.
I called today and they said no Layaway is closed tonight.
I called at midnight and the phone woman said "Layaway is closed now".
I asked for manager, she said "Yes, they are taking preorders right now. Come in."

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']It was about $42 after the $5 fee. You can do two preorders as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I really appreciate that. So I'll have enough then. I need to get some sleep...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rayfrombk']They need to get some kind of card, possibly something with the SKU from Electronics in order to put it on layaway at the customer service desk, but Electronics rep can't find the SKU in the system.[/QUOTE]
If they can't find something within the next 8 1/2 hours (would it be that much of a surprise?), try giving them these numbers:
UPC 45496880866
Item 550924127
As soon as Raul Ibanez hits a walk-off, I'll head over to mine and see if I have better luck.

Last thing then I'm done for the morning. This thread reminds of the HP Touchpad fiasco from last year. Good times. I didn't get sleep that whole weekend. Looks it's going to be the same thing this time around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back