Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='madcatz1999']My Gamestop had a display box when they were accepting pre-orders a few weeks ago. Didn't really pay much attention to it, so can't tell you anything about it, but I remember seeing it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, as of last weekend they WiiU boxes were out in my store.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']This is exactly what I was told, to go to electronics and pick up the card. Also can't layaway something that is not in stock. Even from the manager, after i told him there should have been a nationwide memo, they were really helpful and patient but just had no idea what i was talking about. When he finally found the memo on their layaway computer, he told the other employees, "You have to search wii u pre-sale on the wire system."

I'm sure any employee in layaway or at least an asst/store manager will know and find it right away.[/QUOTE]

Well, here's the worst part about it- we have that memo plastered on every register in electronics/photo. Our layaway person did 3 preorders Sunday morning then had to stop due to the ASM saying we need preorder cards and that we should tell all future customers that we can't do it until we do.

Freaking asinine.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Well, here's the worst part about it- we have that memo plastered on every register in electronics/photo. Our layaway person did 3 preorders Sunday morning then had to stop due to the ASM saying we need preorder cards and that we should tell all future customers that we can't do it until we do.

Freaking asinine.[/QUOTE]

Makes no sense.
On another note 1 walmart out 4 nearby (8 mile radius)already stopped taking pre-orders. Surprised it lasted this long, but it looks like a few busier spots are already winding down. Not sure how many they had when they stopped, that would be helpful info...

[quote name='nightmarishhero']Makes no sense.
On another note 1 walmart out 4 nearby (8 mile radius)already stopped taking pre-orders. Surprised it lasted this long, but it looks like a few busier spots are already winding down. Not sure how many they had when they stopped, that would be helpful info...[/QUOTE]

Call them up and tell them to type in the UPC# into a Telxon and ask for what the negative on-hand is.

[quote name='henry00x']that video does sum it up, i think Nintendo blew it with the name and look for the new system

aside from the tablet controller the thing looks exactly like the old Wii and the fact that they named it WiiU , doesnt make the casual consumer think its a new system but more of an add-on, even myself when i first learned of this from nintendo i was unsure if it was an add-on or a new system.

IMO they should have made the system console look differently and give it a completely new name, when these tablet controllers are sold separately i guarantee you there will be a lot of people who buy just the controller and go home thinking it will work with their Wii[/QUOTE]Anyone I tell about the Wii U thinks it has to do with a college/university. :lol:

[quote name='juanawoman']Anyone I tell about the Wii U thinks it has to do with a college/university. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Even my game-centric friends who are pretty well-versed on games just thought it was a tablet game system like the PlayStation Vita, or an add-on to the Wii.

From what I gathered from the guy at the Walmart I went to, the memo was the mystery item screwing everything up. He said it was fairly busy, but the orders were slow because it took them until 3pm to find the memo with the bar code on it. Oh yeah, thanks for the BB/GS display idea. I'll bring a tape measure.

I ordered 1 at Walmart (on Kelly Johnson Pkwy) in Santa Clarita, CA around 10 this morning. Apparently, I was the first one doing it and told that the store could only take 4 preorders. One on the Old Rd does not have anybody on the reserve yet, and the store's also given 4 preorders. If you happen to be in Santa Clarita/Valley area, there you go. Hope that helps.

[quote name='ral1121']The system blocks itself when the allocated have gone right?

I'm hoping it is automatic[/QUOTE]

The memo indicates it does and certain CAGs have indicated stores running out

[quote name='Nintendonly']Walmart employees can be so dense sometimes. The ASM over electronics in my store insists that there are supposed to be preorder cards that they haven't gotten in yet, and no amount of intelligence will make her believe otherwise. So my store sits at 3 preorders with no more allowed, which forced me to preorder elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Dude, this is EXACTLY what mine told me also. They insist this is the case because they usually have pre-order cards for the games so they assume it is the same with the consoles.:bs:

I can't believe people are being denied preorders. I've always thought the Walmarts in my area couldn't get any worse, but that is just insane. Even they had the memo out, though it took 3 of them to finish the preorder.

[quote name='Nochance']I can't believe people are being denied preorders. I've always thought the Walmarts in my area couldn't get any worse, but that is just insane. Even they had the memo out, though it took 3 of them to finish the preorder.[/QUOTE]

There's always the chance that they're playing dumb and want to keep the systems for themselves and friends/family members. Although we've got no proof of this, you've got to think it could happen.

I went with my buddy to pre-order his at Walmart today (already have my own pre-ordered at GS). When he asked the for the Wii U, the guy told him they actually had it in stock, but separate and the bundle wouldnt be out until the 18th. When asked what they had in stock, the layaway cleark left for 10 minutes and came back with a Wii console and a U Draw. LOL. My friend then explained the situation and got his pre-order in. I thought that was pretty funny.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I went with my buddy to pre-order his at Walmart today (already have my own pre-ordered at GS). When he asked the for the Wii U, the guy told him they actually had it in stock, but separate and the bundle wouldnt be out until the 18th. When asked what they had in stock, the layaway cleark left for 10 minutes and came back with a Wii console and a U Draw. LOL. My friend then explained the situation and got his pre-order in. I thought that was pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

If he came back with an actual Wii-U console, I would've crapped in my pants.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I went with my buddy to pre-order his at Walmart today (already have my own pre-ordered at GS). When he asked the for the Wii U, the guy told him they actually had it in stock, but separate and the bundle wouldnt be out until the 18th. When asked what they had in stock, the layaway cleark left for 10 minutes and came back with a Wii console and a U Draw. LOL. My friend then explained the situation and got his pre-order in. I thought that was pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

No problem at my local Walmart. I was apparently the first one to show up for this offer and was able to reserve two. North Georgia for anyone interested.

[quote name='Nochance']I can't believe people are being denied preorders. I've always thought the Walmarts in my area couldn't get any worse, but that is just insane. Even they had the memo out, though it took 3 of them to finish the preorder.[/QUOTE]
And THIS is why Wal-Mart still has preorders available. Mine would probably still have zero if I didn't explain the memo.

A new name would have stopped some of this from happening, heck just calling it the Super Wii or Wii 2 would have been more effective.

Went in to electronics around 8am on 10/13/12...gave the flyer to the girl she looked it up on the computer if I was going to get it online. I said its no longer available online, she said thats the only way to get it. Kept talking to her about it being a instore preorder, few minutes later she finally went to the back to seek assistance...10 minutes later her & another associate came out with the memo on the paper. I tried to order then and there on 10/13/12, but the computer denied the transaction. *Almost got it ahead of time if it wasn't for the computer system!* Mind you the layaway section was closed, lights off, but the girls were really nice to me.

Came back at midnight on 10/14/12, department/assistant manager told me she couldn't do it because layaway was closed until 9am.

Came in at 7:30am and saw the girl that helped me prior....she did it for me then and there, was able to get 4 preorders in :D electronics section was dead all 3x i went in.

[quote name='gordojones88']So is the Wii U Draw out now?[/QUOTE]
It's a Wii (U Draw), not a (Wii U) Draw. It's used for Wii games, like Pictionary or Kung Fu Panda 2.

[quote name='htz']I doubt rayman is going to make the current gen consoles break a sweat let alone the Wii U. Probably would be better if they get the devs making the Wii U version of AC3 to comment.[/QUOTE]

At 1080p plus a tablet screen, the crippled 7800gtx variant in a 360 would cry.

AC3 on Wii U is drastically better looking per YouTube comparisons with videos I have seen. :applause:

Maybe this post might be 10 days late but ill post it anyway. I went to Nintendo store located in midtown manhattan yesterday and store were still taking 300 bucks console preorder. And sold out of 350 bucks console. And had a Wiiu setup to try on the second floor as well. Only Rayman were playable.

Just got back from the Wal-Mart in Clay, NY and managed to snag a layaway pre-order. Went in around 6 p.m... there were only two other people on the list ahead of me. It took a minute for the layaway associate to figure things out -- she ended up calling the manager, and it was smooth sailing from there.

One thing: the (foot-long) receipt doesn't say anything about picking it up or being guaranteed one on Nov. 18. Is this common?

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Just got back from the Wal-Mart in Clay, NY and managed to snag a layaway pre-order. Went in around 6 p.m... there were only two other people on the list ahead of me. It took a minute for the layaway associate to figure things out -- she ended up calling the manager, and it was smooth sailing from there.

One thing: the (foot-long) receipt doesn't say anything about picking it up or being guaranteed one on Nov. 18. Is this common?[/QUOTE]

I believe the receipts simply give the deadline by which you must pick up your merchandise (according to layaway policy). However, you should be guaranteed one since they will be shipped to the store labelled as "layaway merchandise".

Well just got back from my second attemp at a preorder at my local Walmart and the person knew what was going on this time. She said I was the second for today. I was there at 6:30. Seems like a pain to cancel the preorder if I get it at GameStop first though.
EDIT: I want to point out that I wasn't given a choice between basic and deluxe. I was automatically rung up with a deluxe.

[quote name='HeroToTheMasses']Any word on pre-order deals for some these games?[/QUOTE]

The best place to look is probably newegg.com. They have had some good preorder deals in the past few weeks. The best thing to do is sign up for an account and then sign up for their newsletter. They send you "coupons" periodically that you can use to get money off of preorders.

[quote name='madcatz1999']It's a Wii (U Draw), not a (Wii U) Draw. It's used for Wii games, like Pictionary or Kung Fu Panda 2.[/QUOTE]
I think he was kidding.

[quote name='Sludgepond']EDIT: I want to point out that I wasn't given a choice between basic and deluxe. I was automatically rung up with a deluxe.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's normal. The Deluxe version is the only one being offered through this event.

[quote name='Sludgepond']Well just got back from my second attemp at a preorder at my local Walmart and the person knew what was going on this time. She said I was the second for today. I was there at 6:30. Seems like a pain to cancel the preorder if I get it at GameStop first though.[/QUOTE]

You'll be out the $5 "Layaway Open Fee" if you cancel at Walmart. Not a huge deal, but this IS Cheap Ass Gamer. :beer:

[quote name='saiyajinsc']maybe newegg will have 12 dollar off deal again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a bunch of games pre-ordered cheaply such as Rayman Legends for $38, Sonic Racing for $30, and Tank Tank Tank for $38, as well as New Super Mario Bros. U for $48 (prices include free shipping). :D Keep your eyes peeled, they have good stuff at times.

Has anyone else been limited to one unit? I tried for two but was told repeatedly I can only reserve one. I didn't push it too hard but I am thinking of trying again.

[quote name='PaleGreen']You'll be out the $5 "Layaway Open Fee" if you cancel at Walmart. Not a huge deal, but this IS Cheap Ass Gamer. :beer:[/QUOTE]

Just buy the Wii and then return it...at least this way you get the $5 gift card the layaway fee is put on.

No way will I allow myself to be out the $5 ;)

I preordered two at Walmart

[quote name='wishman35']Just buy the Wii and then return it...at least this way you get the $5 gift card the layaway fee is put on.

I preordered two at Walmart[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Throw them on the credit card and walk right up to customer service and return them.

Thanks to everybody who has provided info on the Wii U preorder/layaway at Walmart. I got to also give props to the Walmart person who helped me out with my order. He definitely knew what was up and had me out in 5 minutes. My Walmart is doing midnight pick up on 18th.

[quote name='PaleGreen']You'll be out the $5 "Layaway Open Fee" if you cancel at Walmart. Not a huge deal, but this IS Cheap Ass Gamer. :beer:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wishman35']Just buy the Wii and then return it...at least this way you get the $5 gift card the layaway fee is put on.

I preordered two at Walmart[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ScubaCat']I was thinking the same thing. Throw them on the credit card and walk right up to customer service and return them.[/QUOTE]

Or.... Add a $15+ layaway item to your layaway and than remove the wii u(s) from your layaway order, pick up your $15 item and your change. Than 'walk right up to customer service and return' it. Lot less out of pocket for the purchase and a lot less scrutiny on the return.

You can add and subtract items from your layaway, no need to even get the wii if you don't want it, just add something else under $35 to your layaway and than remove the wii(s) to get your $5 gift card.

Went to a smaller, kind of shittier walmart today out of curiosity. They had not gotten a single preorder. Based on their game selection and the pawn shops and used game stores around here I don't think many people are playing Nintendo tbh.

Anyway, preordered 2 more. Can't hurt! I also noticed there is only one $5 layaway "fee" if you preorder 2 on the same receipt.

[quote name='gordojones88']I was thinking of investing my $5 gift card in the stock market. Any tips?[/QUOTE]
1. Convert it to cash.
2. Have sex with a stock broker in exchange for a trade (most places charge $7-$10 per trade).
3. Invest in Nokia. You can afford two shares if you buy when it goes down to $2.50 or less (within the realm of possibility depending on the day). By this time next month, if the Lumia is a success, you could be looking at up to $15.
4. Go find that broker and romance him/her again. Otherwise, when you sell your stock, you'll be back down to what you started with.

Or just play it safe and buy a few Butterfingers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took me about 45 min last night at the WalMart in Whitinsville, MA - but they finally figured out how to put it through. Their main concern was if they'd already sold through their allotment. Then they found the section in the paperwork that says that the system will lock them out from selling any more units if there's no more to sell. Once that was cleared up, they put the pre-order through no problems.

I went to my local Walmart Sunday morning. Im wondering why people are saying limit 2 per customer, I asked the Walmart associate, and she was unaware of a limit. It says nothing about a limit in the memo or the sales ad. I went ahead and ordered five all on different receipts.

[quote name='GMaxx']Thanks to everybody who has provided info on the Wii U preorder/layaway at Walmart. I got to also give props to the Walmart person who helped me out with my order. He definitely knew what was up and had me out in 5 minutes. My Walmart is doing midnight pick up on 18th.[/QUOTE]

Although Walmart will do a midnight release, you won't be able to pick yours up until 9 a.m. the next morning ... at the layaway department (which closes at 9 p.m.).

The good news is that your Wii-U will be set aside (hopefully) from whatever consoles they have for sale at midnight in electronics.

[quote name='paulwekiva']Although Walmart will do a midnight release, you won't be able to pick yours up until 9 a.m. the next morning ... at the layaway department (which closes at 9 p.m.).

The good news is that your Wii-U will be set aside (hopefully) from whatever consoles they have for sale at midnight in electronics.[/QUOTE]

Who confirmed this? The employee in the layaway department told me that they were opening layaway at the same time. I already know I'm going to have to work the night before so I would rather just "camp out" after work; pick up my consoles, and go home to get some sleep...I'm working the launch at BBY the next morning so I need my sleep, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Who confirmed this? The employee in the layaway department told me that they were opening layaway at the same time. I already know I'm going to have to work the night before so I would rather just "camp out" after work; pick up my consoles, and go home to get some sleep...I'm working the launch at BBY the next morning so I need my sleep, lol.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct. Many of us don't know what we are talking about. If we read the instructions from top to bottom, we will get all the answers.....of course there is a possibility they, walmart, screw up.....but rather to speculate, just stick with the instructions.

Could you imagine if some poor soul preorders what he thinks is a Wii U, then comes to pick it up and gets that instead?

"I'm so sorry, sir. I thought that was what you wanted. Let me just check the inventory system to get you a Wii U system like you wanted. I'm sure there must be some unclaimed systems floating around."

Not that I think this could actually happen. Way too improbable.

On a side note, I noticed almost all of my WM's stock of Wii accessories had the "Wii U" branding/packaging. The stuff that didn't was largely on clearance, like the Zapper/Crossbow and Classic Controller Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back