Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='avatar12']A txt? Really? Don't think walmart will use this method to communicate with their customer[/QUOTE]

I remember when I was doing the layaway the lady ask me if I want to get text message updating me about the layaway.

[quote name='jwcdis']Some guy is a very trusted and reliable source.
Anyways went to my target to check today. No go as of this moment, never got anything in for preorders.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they got them today but they haven't been checked in and placed on the shelf yet. I'm going to check tomorrow morning when they open.

[quote name='avatar12']A txt? Really? Don't think walmart will use this method to communicate with their customer[/QUOTE]
When you do a layaway at Walmart, you can sign up for text alerts concerning your layaway order.

[quote name='jwcdis']Some guy is a very trusted and reliable source.
Anyways went to my target to check today. No go as of this moment, never got anything in for preorders.[/QUOTE]

Just as reliable as Wikipedia yet people still continue to use it for gathering information.

They asked me when I did my preorder if they could text me with updates on my order. I told them yes..

[quote name='thetruth1983']They asked me when I did my preorder if they could text me with updates on my order. I told them yes..[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I never expected them to really text me. :roll:

:roll:

Um yeah, they do. They asked me specifically if I wanted text updates on my layaway.

edit: oops I see everyone else already corrected him.

So Walmart oversold (according to "some guy") even though they were supposed to have software on the POS preventing this?

Also, Target is now accepting in-store preorders?

Interesting day. I have a feeling on the 18th there are going to piles of pissed off people wishing painful and humiliating deaths upon retail clerks and their children.

Seems to be one wireless headset that works for Wii U. It isn't exclusive, it's actually compatible with all three consoles. The kicker: it doesn't work for all games apparently.

http://nintendoeverything.com/102513/wii-u-can-support-at-least-one-wireless-headset-maybe/

[quote name='rayfrombk']I just called my local store and they said they don't have it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Give them a couple of days. We just got ours today so they're definitely going out to stores.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Seems to be one wireless headset that works for Wii U. It isn't exclusive, it's actually compatible with all three consoles. The kicker: it doesn't work for all games apparently.

http://nintendoeverything.com/102513/wii-u-can-support-at-least-one-wireless-headset-maybe/[/QUOTE]
Read about that headset somewhere else. It only works wirelessly if the game supports USB audio. Black Ops II, for example, doesn't, since it uses the 3.5mm jack (i.e. the one that plugs into the gamepad). I don't think it's any different than any other USB headset that uses a wireless dongle.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Give them a couple of days. We just got ours today so they're definitely going out to stores.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. How does this work? We pay $5 to purchase a reservation card, but we can't pay more than that right? Does having a reservation card mean we are guaranteed a console on launch day or only guaranteed to get one eventually in a first ordered first served basis?

[quote name='rayfrombk']Thanks for that info. How does this work? We pay $5 to purchase a reservation card, but we can't pay more than that right? Does having a reservation card mean we are guaranteed a console on launch day or only guaranteed to get one eventually in a first ordered first served basis?[/QUOTE]

You purchase the reservation card for $5, and yes you cannot pay any more than that. Basically the electronics department will hold the item for you for up to a week; after 7 days the store has to but the item back on the shelf and sell it (but your card still works and will give you the $5 gift card).

Yes you are guaranteed one at launch (hence why they are only sending out like 5 cards for each system, because they probably will not receive more than that. Like the last two iPad launches, our Target only got 5 and that was it). When we start receiving the items, we hold them back for preorders. So if we get 15 units and we had 10 preorders, we will only sell the remaining 5 to the public. Just make sure you have your card with you when you pick it up or you won't get it, unfortunately.

[quote name='Thrinn']The issue with original Wii games is an extremely baffling design decision. You'd think that getting the Wii U to act as interface between the pro controller & legacy Wii software would be a very easy problem to resolve. Hopefully that's something that can be addressed in a future system update.[/QUOTE]

It's likely a security decision so I wouldn't count on that.

Wii mode is being sandboxed.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']You purchase the reservation card for $5, and yes you cannot pay any more than that. Basically the electronics department will hold the item for you for up to a week; after 7 days the store has to but the item back on the shelf and sell it (but your card still works and will give you the $5 gift card).

Yes you are guaranteed one at launch (hence why they are only sending out like 5 cards for each system, because they probably will not receive more than that. Like the last two iPad launches, our Target only got 5 and that was it). When we start receiving the items, we hold them back for preorders. So if we get 15 units and we had 10 preorders, we will only sell the remaining 5 to the public. Just make sure you have your card with you when you pick it up or you won't get it, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Very informative. Thanks again! :D

If you're buying at Target with their REDcard, don't forget about the stackable 5% coupon that should've been mailed to you.

I will be making the rounds at my local Targets this weekend about this, so what should I ask for?

Should I ask if they are accepting WiiU pre-orders or as about the cards specifically?

Thanks for the heads up, you are the man!

[quote name='blueweltall']I picked another preorder up at Target just incase Wal-mart falls through. For some reason I was only charged $1 instead of $5 for the preorder.[/QUOTE]

Is it the deluxe edition? What's the DCPI?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='coopscohen']Is it the deluxe edition? What's the DCPI?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It was the deluxe. They have both of them but it looked like they have more regular than deluxe. The cards were behind the electronics counter and I had to ask for them. I was the first one to reserve it since the guy had to open the clear plastic wrap to get them out.

20121019_194914.jpg

[quote name='blueweltall']It was the deluxe. They have both of them but it looked like they have more regular than deluxe. The cards were behind the electronics counter and I had to ask for them. I was the first one to reserve it since the guy had to open the clear plastic wrap to get them out.

20121019_194914.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, I went to mine and they didn't have it. The guy looked in the drawers, checked his scanner, etc and nothing. I'll try another Target tomorrow.

Man, can't imagine how many people must be looking for the WiiU in the wrong places. Just started my first night of work at Gamestop again, saw atleast 4 people come in 3 hours asking to be put on the waiting list.

On the upside, confirmed that outside of another employee, I'm at the top of the pre-order list.

[quote name='coopscohen']Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, I went to mine and they didn't have it. The guy looked in the drawers, checked his scanner, etc and nothing. I'll try another Target tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

They might have it tomorrow. I think my Target just got it at that moment since I saw empty brown boxes with different products nearby the Wii U cards.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Man, can't imagine how many people must be looking for the WiiU in the wrong places. Just started my first night of work at Gamestop again, saw atleast 4 people come in 3 hours asking to be put on the waiting list.

On the upside, confirmed that outside of another employee, I'm at the top of the pre-order list.[/QUOTE]
Did you refer them to Walmart and Target? :lol:

[quote name='blueweltall']It was the deluxe. They have both of them but it looked like they have more regular than deluxe. The cards were behind the electronics counter and I had to ask for them. I was the first one to reserve it since the guy had to open the clear plastic wrap to get them out.

20121019_194914.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think I just jizzed in my pants. :lol:

Is there a limit of 1 per person? Not going to re-sell or anything like that. ;)

[quote name='blueweltall']They might have it tomorrow. I think my Target just got it at that moment since I saw empty brown boxes with different products nearby the Wii U cards.[/QUOTE]

I just called one of the stores near me and had them run the DCPI. It would appear that none of them got them in. I'm in CA so I wonder if location matters at this point.

[quote name='klimb22']Did you refer them to Walmart and Target? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I would have, but I didnt know if they were still taking pre-orders, so I didnt want to be that "Douchey Gamestop employee" everyone seems to have met.

[quote name='coopscohen']I just called one of the stores near me and had them run the DCPI. It would appear that none of them got them in. I'm in CA so I wonder if location matters at this point.[/QUOTE]

CO here.

I was originally going to camp out at a target store since they were not doing pre orders. Im really iffy on them holding the systems for preorders after I pre ordered the vita and 3ds that way and they simply pulled them off the shelf.

[quote name='spauldingfan']I was originally going to camp out at a target store since they were not doing pre orders. Im really iffy on them holding the systems for preorders after I pre ordered the vita and 3ds that way and they simply pulled them off the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they knew they had extras on the shelf and were too lazy to find stock in the back room. :bouncy:

I have reserved blu-rays and video games from Target using those reservation cards. It really varies if they hold your item. I had times where they did hold my item underneath the cash register, and other times where they didn't. I was told the reservation cards are just a way for corporate to allocate an extra item to the store you pre-ordered from that is about it.

[quote name='Drclaw411']So Walmart oversold (according to "some guy") even though they were supposed to have software on the POS preventing this?

Also, Target is now accepting in-store preorders?

Interesting day. I have a feeling on the 18th there are going to piles of pissed off people wishing painful and humiliating deaths upon retail clerks and their children.[/QUOTE]

I think Wal-Mart's system is broken. I was able to preorder 3 on one ticket, even though it's supposed to block that from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='juanawoman']I think Wal-Mart's system is broken. I was able to preorder 3 on one ticket, even though it's supposedly should block that from happening.[/QUOTE]

in b4 massive shitstorm when everyone's wal-mart layaway gets cancelled

[quote name='juanawoman']I think Wal-Mart's system is broken. I was able to preorder 3 on one ticket, even though it's supposed to block that from happening.[/QUOTE]
The system isn't supposed to block it from happening. The employees are.

Few things, henrietta ny location, on Sunday , first day, they printed out one label for my 2 consoles far as I could tell, ,a manAger rang me up around 9ish, and I threw out a few questions , one of them was if there was a limit, and he replied with no and tested, and I brought up the 2 limit from the memo, and he checked his folder etc and said it didn't specify any limits.

[quote name='PaleGreen']If you're buying at Target with their REDcard, don't forget about the stackable 5% coupon that should've been mailed to you.[/QUOTE]
But you don't actually pay for the console until you pick it up...right? Or am I wrong about that? If I'm right, the coupon is useless because it expires before the console comes out.

So can I still pre-order at a local GS? I understand I won't get one at launch, would just like to get one in time for Christmas.

Wonder what the chances would be if I go ahead and pre-order at GS?

[quote name='jkimrey']So can I still pre-order at a local GS? I understand I won't get one at launch, would just like to get one in time for Christmas.

Wonder what the chances would be if I go ahead and pre-order at GS?[/QUOTE]

GameStop isn't taking preorders anymore. They do have a wait list you can sign up for. It's essentially: "Put your name and number down and we'll call you when we have another console in the store. You'll have xx long to come buy it. We don't know when we'll be getting it, but 99.9% chance it won't be at launch."

[quote name='jkimrey']So can I still pre-order at a local GS? I understand I won't get one at launch, would just like to get one in time for Christmas.

Wonder what the chances would be if I go ahead and pre-order at GS?[/QUOTE]

You can put your name on a wait list. I'm not sure if that is a running wait list or only for launch though. Someone else probably knows the answer.

Went to Gamestop and the manager was in today, so I polished off what remained on my Wii U deluxe and paid off one of my games. I asked about a midnight launch and he told me no. I asked why, so he said

"Because only people who pre-ordered are going to be able to stroll in and pick up there consoles anyway. Not a lot of point in opening the store at midnight."

So I asked him about Sunday, and he assured me:

"I'm going to open the store a few hours earlier on that Sunday, its going to be hard enough as is with black Friday coming soon after."

So I'm hoping they will open at like 7am so I can go scoop up my Deluxe. He didn't say it with a wink and a finger up to his lips, but i'm pretty sure he was telling the truth.

So this says to me that they accepted a large amount of pre-orders because they don't intend for any line campers to be getting a unit, so don't bring any pop up tents to Gamestop.

[quote name='coopscohen']You can put your name on a wait list. I'm not sure if that is a running wait list or only for launch though. Someone else probably knows the answer.[/QUOTE]

Was at he mall today and ran into GameStop to see if they had the demo station up(they didn't) and they had signs up saying "join the wait list today!"

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']I recently started playing LOZ:TP for the first time ( i a huge zelda fan but couldnt get into the controls) and Monster Hunter Tri, jaggies are definitely present and it'll be nice to see my nintendo love affairs getting the hd treatment whether 720vs1080, as long as everything looks crisp,runs smooth and is immersive.[/QUOTE] I'm sorry... anyone who waits SIX YEARS to play a Zelda game is clearly not a "huge zelda fan." Plus, there have been three more Zelda games released since then (four, if you count OoT 3D). I mean... c'mon.

[quote name='irighti']best buy pre-order question?

I noticed they did the preauth again yesterday, this is the third since I order for in store pickup. I guess my question is, do the in stroe pickup take priority over the people who ordered in store? I think they should honor each preorder online and in store equally, but was just curious.[/QUOTE] Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com are technically separate entities owned by the same parent company. The pre-orders should be completey separate. The Best Buy store merely fulfills in-store pickups.

Okay, one issue I wanted to point out to scalpers as to how you will more than likely be burned by buying multiple consoles goes like this. (as an ex avid seller on ebay) you have some large problems. First, is ghost bidders. Traditionally scalping is looked down upon so prepare for a barrage of false bidders with 0 feedback and no intent on purchasing your console to win your auction out of spite. There is no way to stop them. you could try to block them but HOW do you block a bid sniper who plans to bid on your auction at the last 3 seconds? you wont know that he exsists untill he wins your auction then gives you the middle finger. Second, and by far the worst! and I mean worst! is PAYPAL!!!

If you are not a large or frequent seller on ebay and you sell such a big ticket item, especially since it falls into the "risky" category will land you some problems. PayPal simply loves to lock up your money for 180 days with no apparent reason. They will more than likely use the excuse of "suspicious activity do to sudden high cash volume sales but we all know thats a tactic so they can lock your money to gain interest or some other gain for their company at large. Google search and you will find thousands of paypal horror stories of people with 100% positive feedback and perfect record getting their getting their money locked for no reason. It may seem like an outrageous claim but a simple search will verify. And lets not forget about customer charge backs ( wont go into that right now)

So now your left with your local market which is craigslist. On scale to ebay your market size has shrunk to probably 0.5 % of ebay. Whicch results in much lower profit thats if you are lucky enough to not get jumped by the many people who will be angered by your cl posting. Just some thoughts to consider to people who may try to re sell.

On another note, does any one have any news on nintendos advertisement campaign? I heard something about a 60 second ad supposidly to appear on X factor but couldnt find any info on it. When is the advertisement train set to take off?

[quote name='BigJoe']On another note, does any one have any news on nintendos advertisement campaign? I heard something about a 60 second ad supposidly to appear on X factor but couldnt find any info on it. When is the advertisement train set to take off?[/QUOTE]

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/wii-u-tv-campaign-is-go/0104762

http://www.palmgamer.com/wii-u-ads-to-appear-during-x-factor/

http://nintendoeverything.com/10168...-it-clear-that-wii-u-is-not-a-wii-attachment/

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/10/wii-u-tv-advertising/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back