Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Lol. Delusional.[/QUOTE]

Nahh, smart bro.

I'll be making $200 or so each on these while you're finding ways to scam GameStop on $2 tradein credit. It's amusing to see everyone finding loopholes to ripoff retailers, but buying to resell? That's EVIL!

Hurry, I heard Best Buy has a game you can buy for $8 that trades in for $10. Go buy 8 of them!!!!

[quote name='confoosious']Getting tired of hearing about flipping WiiUs is living in a video game? Do explain. Nobody cares how much money you "made" on Amazon.

Sorry this isn't true. See #13 on your layway receipt. Their lawyers aren't dumb enough to not cover their asses in all situations.[/QUOTE]

Over selling to the point that you can not deliver is not unforeseen. I understand if Nintendo does not fulfill on there end. example - #13 does not apply to selling the 100,001st unit when they know they will be getting 100,000 units. (numbers for illustration purposes only).

[quote name='jamesq']Over selling to the point that you can not deliver is not unforeseen. I understand if Nintendo does not fulfill on there end. example - #13 does not apply to selling the 100,001st unit when they know they will be getting 100,000 units. (numbers for illustration purposes only).[/QUOTE]

Believe whatever you want but it won't make a difference when you don't get one. What are you gonna do, sue them?

Retailers are smart enough to cover themselves in these situations. It's why a bunch of us have multiple preorders - been burned in the past.

Lol this thread is entertaining to read. I expect the price of the Wii U to peak just after black friday when people start to realize that they may not be able to get one by Xmas. Just last year, I make around 3K in profit selling Leap Pads on ebay and craigslist. I sold many for 200 to 300 bucks and people were glad to pay. What's funny is that the Leap Pad came out in August and people were saying the same thing I'm hearing here about there not being a market to flip. Most shoppers procrastinate thinking they will be able to score one around black friday. The current ebay/amazon prices are not an indication of what these will be going for in a month. Once Nintendo unleashes their million dollar ad campaign, you will see the prices start to skyrocket.

I doubt that Nintendo will be able to saturate the market especially since it's obvious that there is not enough controllers and they still have to have enough units for the international launches. Just look back at the launches of the PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii. They all sold out at release and created a reseller market. The Wii U will be no different.

Don't know what's worse: the people who brag about all the money they'll bring in or the Jiminy Crickets who think they need to play everyone's conscience.

I hate to go off-topic and talk about the Wii U, but I thought I'd mention that I talked to someone at Walmart's layaway and the guy told me that they'll be getting 20 units and that, so far, they have only had two or three pre-orders (including mine). I'm starting to question whether or not I need to bother with getting a second one right now.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I hate to go off-topic and talk about the Wii U, but I thought I'd mention that I talked to someone at Walmart's layaway and the guy told me that they'll be getting 20 units and that, so far, they have only had two or three pre-orders (including mine). I'm starting to question whether or not I need to bother with getting a second one right now.[/QUOTE]
I just hope they ship my online order and I will be happy. Walmart has a good relationship with Nintendo. They get more product than any other B&M that is not a video game only store. So I'm hoping they can meet the pre orders. I do wonder if online gets the item from the same warehouse or a is the online a totally separate business?

As for the flippers, you know I'm fine with it really. I just don't understand why they come here to talk about it. This site is for gamers, people who love games not people who make money off of them thats not the idea of this site really. Why don't they go discuss it at Fat Wallet? Or gamer deals? I'm here because I love games, I'm buying Wii U because I want one. If your making money on 10 fine, or 1 or whatever. But please stop rubbing it in peoples face here who love games. I feel your insulting us. Go brag to your friends, your wife, your dog. But stop making this a place to come brag, your not getting anything out of it here except to annoy the people who want to enjoy the Wii U. Do what you do just shut up about it already.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I hate to go off-topic and talk about the Wii U, but I thought I'd mention that I talked to someone at Walmart's layaway and the guy told me that they'll be getting 20 units and that, so far, they have only had two or three pre-orders (including mine). I'm starting to question whether or not I need to bother with getting a second one right now.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling people don't really know that you have to go to the layaway section to order these. It may not seem people are interested now but I'm sure when the advertisements start showing up it'll be a different story. At my local walmarts, even xbox 360's and ps3's have been pretty much sold out or put on layaway for the past few weeks and it's still October.

[quote name='confoosious']I just realized I didn't get a Walmart circular his week. Does it mention the wiiU ?[/QUOTE]

It did last weekend, said Layway for Deluxe started last Sunday and gave the SKU and everything.

[quote name='juanawoman']Don't know what's worse: the people who brag about all the money they'll bring in or the Jiminy Crickets who think they need to play everyone's conscience.[/QUOTE]
Haha, awesome and true.

Both are annoying.

[quote name='confoosious']I just realized I didn't get a Walmart circular his week. Does it mention the wiiU ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, on the front page.

[quote name='bojay1997']
All you are doing is ripping off parents trying to give their kids a little bit of happiness in what can be a really tough world.
[/QUOTE]

When I read that, I rubbed my hands together and cackled with glee,
when I thought about how much monies Ima make from flipping next month.

[quote name='juanawoman']Don't know what's worse: the people who brag about all the money they'll bring in or the Jiminy Crickets who think they need to play everyone's conscience.[/QUOTE]The Jiminy crickets are. At least the former are honest about being stupid. The Jiminies are stupid AND hypocrites.

[quote name='tightclaws']I just hope they ship my online order and I will be happy. Walmart has a good relationship with Nintendo. They get more product than any other B&M that is not a video game only store. So I'm hoping they can meet the pre orders. I do wonder if online gets the item from the same warehouse or a is the online a totally separate business?

As for the flippers, you know I'm fine with it really. I just don't understand why they come here to talk about it. This site is for gamers, people who love games not people who make money off of them thats not the idea of this site really. Why don't they go discuss it at Fat Wallet? Or gamer deals? I'm here because I love games, I'm buying Wii U because I want one. If your making money on 10 fine, or 1 or whatever. But please stop rubbing it in peoples face here who love games. I feel your insulting us. Go brag to your friends, your wife, your dog. But stop making this a place to come brag, your not getting anything out of it here except to annoy the people who want to enjoy the Wii U. Do what you do just shut up about it already.[/QUOTE]Yep, there are never any flipping threads on here. Right?

I tried a Wii U at my local GameStop today. I liked the gamepad a lot, super light, buttons perfectly positioned. The only playable demo they had was Rayman Legends, which was a blast. Very cool things are being done in that game with the features of the gamepad. I won't be getting one at launch though. Gonna wait and see hat happens. That being said, GameStop has a waiting list now. Basically, they'll call you up once they get more units in. I think its pretty cool of them to do that at no cost.

You know that every time a retailer "guarantees" you something, it doesn't mean that you're going to magically get what they say or you can sue? If you get Amazon's "Next Day Guaranteed Shipping", it means you'll get the item the next day...or they'll refund you the difference between one-day shipping and regular shipping. If you order something from a retailer with your "satisfaction guaranteed", you can't sue if you're not satisfied, you'll just get your money back. Likewise, Gamestop/Walmart/Target isn't just going to pull a Wii U out of their behinds to give to you if something unforseen prevents them from getting as many consoles as they thought they would get, no matter how much they "guarantee" that you'll get one. Ask for the "guarantee" in writing -- I can assure you that there will be a sentence that includes the word "guaranteed" followed by the word "or" followed by a clause that tells what happens if they don't get you a console.

[quote name='madcatz1999']You know that every time a retailer "guarantees" you something, it doesn't mean that you're going to magically get what they say or you can sue? If you get Amazon's "Next Day Guaranteed Shipping", it means you'll get the item the next day...or they'll refund you the difference between one-day shipping and regular shipping. If you order something from a retailer with your "satisfaction guaranteed", you can't sue if you're not satisfied, you'll just get your money back. Likewise, Gamestop/Walmart/Target isn't just going to pull a Wii U out of their behinds to give to you if something unforseen prevents them from getting as many consoles as they thought they would get, no matter how much they "guarantee" that you'll get one. Ask for the "guarantee" in writing -- I can assure you that there will be a sentence that includes the word "guaranteed" followed by the word "or" followed by a clause that tells what happens if they don't get you a console.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I really doubt Best Buy, Gamestop, or any other retailer will have 50+ consoles on launch for everyone that pre ordered instore and also be able to simultaneously fulfill online orders.

I got back from Gamestop a while ago and played with the Wii U there, no playable demo that I saw but I handed the controller and watched the video demos. Can't wait to pick it up

[quote name='ral1121']Exactly, I really doubt Best Buy, Gamestop, or any other retailer will have 50+ consoles on launch for everyone that pre ordered instore and also be able to simultaneously fulfill online orders.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't necessarily saying that. I fully expect them to be able to fill their preorders. Just saying that if something drastic happens in the next 4 weeks (say, a North Korean submarine torpedoing the Japanese ship bring the consoles over to the States), then all you're going to get is an apology and your money back.

[quote name='RaysGame']I have a feeling people don't really know that you have to go to the layaway section to order these. It may not seem people are interested now but I'm sure when the advertisements start showing up it'll be a different story. At my local walmarts, even xbox 360's and ps3's have been pretty much sold out or put on layaway for the past few weeks and it's still October.[/QUOTE]
That accounts for some, I'm sure; especially those who aren't part of the gaming scene. But out of all the gamers in this town, I have a hard time believing that none of them know how this works. Even if they don't, I'm sure they would ask someone in the game section; they all seem to be aware of what's going on. Not saying you're wrong, mind you...it just seems odd.

For me and my area, I look at it like this.

Wave 1 (9-13 to 9-16): Went to GameStop (according to their site, 32 locations in a 20 mile radius) and Best Buy (according to their site, 8 within a 10 mile radius) within the first 3 days + online. They sold out first.

Wave 2: Tried Wal-Mart (they were available online) and Target, but no pre-orders in store at the time. Mixture of Toys R Us, KMart, and new pre-orders online. They sold out next.

Wave 3 (10-14 to 10-20): Wal-Mart (according to their site, 20 locations in a 20 mile radius) starts taking "layaway" for the WiiU on Oct 14. I know it was on the front page of the circular last week, but like RaysGame said it may be lost on some (not a lot, but some) people that they have to go back to the layaway dept instead of electronics. I would also assume that Wal-Mart would get a higher number of product in comparison to potential other retailers because they are the #1 retailer in the country (it is all relative, "high" could be 5 or 10 or 50 or 100).

Wave 4: People who are already resigned to the fact that they are waiting in line on Saturday to pick up a WiiU.

Fact is that Wal-Mart's are a huge retailer with a plethora of locations (I know for some only 1 is around in the area, so I digress), the new layaway option skipped over the first 2 waves of people getting the WiiU, and they arrive a full month late to the party with the layaway option (which is good because 1: the die hards got their PO's in a month ago and 2:right now, buzz for the system is at its lowest after you consider the red hot start it had in Sept but when we start seeing the ads/promos.. then the buzz picks up again and it becomes the hottest item around when the hype train gets going).

Considering all the Wal-Marts, Best Buys, Game Stops, Targets etc around me, I am very confident that my layaway WiiU will be there Midnight or Sunday morning. If not, then that's just the way she goes and I'll get it when I get it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']That accounts for some, I'm sure; especially those who aren't part of the gaming scene. But out of all the gamers in this town, I have a hard time believing that none of them know how this works. Even if they don't, I'm sure they would ask someone in the game section; they all seem to be aware of what's going on. Not saying you're wrong, mind you...it just seems odd.[/QUOTE]
Compared to 2006, you have a lot of consumer electronic devices competing for the mainstream consumer. During this holiday you have Microsoft's Surface Tablet, Apple's Ipad Mini, Google's Nexus 7, and Amazon's Kindle Fire HD. It also doesn't help that majority think the Wii U is some sort of university and that majority of the day 1 3DS buyers got burned 5 months later with a price drop.

[quote name='madcatz1999']
Just saying that if something drastic happens in the next 4 weeks (say, a North Korean submarine torpedoing the Japanese ship bring the consoles over to the States), then all you're going to get is an apology and your money back.[/QUOTE]

3rfqnz.jpg
qm.gif

[quote name='GizmoGC']I'll be making $200 or so each on these...[/QUOTE]
Wishful thinking.

I wouldn't say that it's impossible, but it seems that there are a lot of people assuming that history is going to repeat itself and I just don't see it. The Wii was a big deal at launch because of 1 game and there is nothing like that this time. When the Wii came out, just about everybody I knew bought one as soon as possible and then they were all quickly disappointed. This time around, I'm the only one in my group of friends and family who even cares about Nintendo products anymore, and I know this is not an isolated case.

hope all the people trying to flip a bunch of systems get stuck with them. yeah i know sourgrapes for sitting on the fence debating. ill wait on a price drop to play zombiU or impulse buy if a store has one at some point.

[quote name='confoosious']Wins the argument.[/QUOTE]

we are in the worst econmoic recessions since the 1920s. I'll gladly do whatever I can legally to pay for my family's bills. if that means flipping wiis, I will do that.

[quote name='kenhina343']we are in the worst econmoic recessions since the 1920s. I'll gladly do whatever I can legally to pay for my family's bills. if that means flipping wiis, I will do that.[/QUOTE]

actually 5 years ago we were in the worst, now we are in the recovery. nevermind that, if your worried about bills then you shouldnt be tying up 300+ on each system hoping its an investment. i remember people trying this with the ps3 and getting screwed because sony had them back in stock and readily available the next week. Just dont want to see you getting beat because the supply actually meets the demand

Yesterday, I went to make a payment on the wii u I reserved at Walmart and the guy behind the lay away counter said they only had 20 pre orders all week

[quote name='kenhina343']we are in the worst econmoic recessions since the 1920s. I'll gladly do whatever i can legally to pay for my family's bills. If that means flipping wiis, i will do that.[/quote]

+10000000000000000000

Has anyone seen the skylanders giants Wi U booster pack listed for preorder anywhere? ( I think Euro they list it as the "booster" pack, and in the US its called the "portal owners pack" We already have the Wii Portal, and it make sno sense to buy the Wii U starter bundle since it costs more and includes a wired portal that odds are would sell for next to nothing on ebay.

I can find preview lists of whats included online, but for some reason no etailers are listing them yet. odd since its included as one of the launch games. (You CAN find the portal owners pack for PS3, WII, and Xbox.) Just not for the Wii U.

[quote name='Gareee']Has anyone seen the skylanders giants Wi U booster pack listed for preorder anywhere? ( I think Euro they list it as the "booster" pack, and in the US its called the "portal owners pack" We already have the Wii Portal, and it make sno sense to buy the Wii U starter bundle since it costs more and includes a wired portal that odds are would sell for next to nothing on ebay.

I can find preview lists of whats included online, but for some reason no etailers are listing them yet. odd since its included as one of the launch games. (You CAN find the portal owners pack for PS3, WII, and Xbox.) Just not for the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this exists.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']The Jiminy crickets are. At least the former are honest about being stupid. The Jiminies are stupid AND hypocrites.[/QUOTE]

Except for those of us who, you know, DON'T screw over fellow humanity.

[quote name='kenhina343']we are in the worst econmoic recessions since the 1920s. I'll gladly do whatever I can legally to pay for my family's bills. if that means flipping wiis, I will do that.[/QUOTE]

Well, since you are a law abiding person, all the power to you. Good luck!

Oh, don't forget to pay those taxes. I'm sure you'll pay taxes on those gains, right?

(The argument isn't that you gotta do whatever you gotta do to pay the family's bills. That's fine. Do what you gotta do. Nor is it about paying your taxes. That's between you and your accountant. The point bojay was making was that flippers shouldn't be comparing themselves to retail stores "I buy low and sell high, I'm JUST like Gamestop..." No. You're not.)

[quote name='kevgees']Yesterday, I went to make a payment on the wii u I reserved at Walmart and the guy behind the lay away counter said they only had 20 pre orders all week[/QUOTE]

You know, I wonder if attaching layaway to the preorder really confused things. That is, the people who don't usually layaway stuff were like "not gonna layaway, f that." or the people who do layaway stuff thought maybe it was just an add on to the wii / nobody asked for christmas yet.

I asked this earlier but there was some confusion about the timing. Now that it's Sunday, let me try again: Does this week's walmart ad have the WiiU preorder/layway in it?

Edit: found my local WM ad. Doesn't look like the wiiu is in there this week.

[quote name='spawn026']actually 5 years ago we were in the worst, now we are in the recovery. nevermind that, if your worried about bills then you shouldnt be tying up 300+ on each system hoping its an investment. i remember people trying this with the ps3 and getting screwed because sony had them back in stock and readily available the next week. Just dont want to see you getting beat because the supply actually meets the demand[/QUOTE]

Few people actually wanted a $500/$600 PS3. Wii launched a few days after. Remember?

[quote name='confoosious']Well, since you are a law abiding person, all the power to you. Good luck!

Oh, don't forget to pay those taxes. I'm sure you'll pay taxes on those gains, right?
[/QUOTE]

Hilarious. You pay taxes when you sell stuff on CAG and Craigslist?

Best new argument I've heard this thread.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Hilarious. You pay taxes when you sell stuff on CAG and Craigslist?

Best new argument I've heard this thread.[/QUOTE]

:roll: That wasn't the point at all. I'll try to explain it to you so you understand.

You = don't pay taxes on wii resales (Nobody cares)
Gamestop = does pay taxes

You != Gamestop. So please stop using the "I am just like gamestop" argument. Ok?

Like I said, bojay won the argument. You're dismissed.

----

Now the rest of us can get back to fretting about whether our wiiU preorders will get shafted and artificially driving up demand by preordering at 3 places.

Multiplier effect! The more goods changes hands, the better for the economy! :cool:

Amen. All those calling out the flippers need to ask themselves what the hell they are doing on a site called "cheapassgamers" - how is it any different than you beating someone to best buy, buying the last copy of a game for $8 and then flipping it to GameStop forcing me or some other "poor parent" to pay $20? It is not.

And don't tell me you paid taxes on your $6 flipping profit.

[quote name='confoosious']:roll: That wasn't the point at all. I'll try to explain it to you so you understand.

You != Gamestop. So please stop using the "I am just like gamestop" argument. Ok?

----

Now the rest of us can get back to fretting about whether our wiiU preorders will get shafted and artificially driving up demand by preordering at 3 places.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?

I buy Wii U from GameStop and I pay the taxes on it.
You buy the Wii U from GameStop and you pay the taxes on it.

What's the problem? I'm paying the taxes on the ORIGINAL PURCHASE. You are trying to say it's unfair we don't pay taxes on the "profit" we make by reselling. I pointed out YOU don't pay taxes on the items you sell on CAG.

I'm very sorry to all the lazy people out in the world who didn't pre-order and won't wait in line. That sucks. I did and will. I will reap all the benefits wile drive from store to store hoping to find one only to be let down. Don't worry, I'll sell you a Deluxe at only $550. Sound like a deal? BUT YOU GOTTA PAY TAXES ON IT, K!?!

[quote name='BigRedWhat']Amen. All those calling out the flippers need to ask themselves what he hell they are doing on a site called "cheapassgamers" - how is it any different than you beating someone to best buy, buying the last copy of a game for $8 and then flipping it to GameStop forcing me or some other "poor parent" to pay $20? It is not.[/QUOTE]

They often ignore that. Which is why this is so comical. They will find loopholes to screw over retailers but its OK, as long as it's not flipping Wii U's.

I think these guys are just mad that they can't afford to buy several Wii U's at once with their allowance and flip them for profit. Thankfully launch is on a Sunday so they don't have to miss school!

[quote name='confoosious']:roll: That wasn't the point at all. I'll try to explain it to you so you understand.

----

Now the rest of us can get back to fretting about whether our wiiU preorders will get shafted and artificially driving up demand by preordering at 3 places.[/QUOTE]

So how do you know this person doe no pa taxes? Are you just guessing to win an argument?

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']So how do you know this person doe no pa taxes? Are you just guessing to win an argument?[/QUOTE]

see two posts above yours for confirmation. He doesn't even know what kind of taxes he should be paying.

Again, I don't care if he doesn't pay taxes. I'm not Uncle Sam. But, you know, he should stop comparing himself to gamestop or any other retailer.

And that's all I have to say about that.

[quote name='confoosious']see two posts above yours for confirmation. He doesn't even know what kind of taxes he should be paying.

Again, I don't care if he doesn't pay taxes. I'm not Uncle Sam. But, you know, he should stop comparing himself to gamestop or any other retailer.

And that's all I have to say about that.[/QUOTE]

You lost the argument, of course you have nothing else to say.

YOU don't pay taxes on stuff you sell here. YOU use loopholes on this site to get better deals for yourself. You are a hypocrite.

[quote name='GizmoGC']They often ignore that. Which is why this is so comical. They will find loopholes to screw over retailers but its OK, as long as it's not flipping Wii U's.

I think these guys are just mad that they can't afford to buy several Wii U's at once with their allowance and flip them for profit. Thankfully launch is on a Sunday so they don't have to miss school![/QUOTE]

I guess my point is, let the flippers be. If you are concerned about a flipper "screwing over humanity" your world view needs to be revised. If you want to really help your fellow brother, get out of your basement and go volunteer someplace. Bottom line, it is just a freaking video game system.

[quote name='ThirdFall']When does Wal-Mart stop taking in store preorders?[/QUOTE]

Was supposed to be yesterday, but any store that still has available units will take preorders until they run out. I still say fuck the flippers. You guys/gals are asshats. Not much better than Gamestop creating false demand with their "preorder" system.

[quote name='GizmoGC']They often ignore that. Which is why this is so comical. They will find loopholes to screw over retailers but its OK, as long as it's not flipping Wii U's.

I think these guys are just mad that they can't afford to buy several Wii U's at once with their allowance and flip them for profit. Thankfully launch is on a Sunday so they don't have to miss school![/QUOTE]

So screwing some little kid out of a rad Christmas gift is okay? Especially since I screwed GMG out of 10$ when I use GMG 25% off code (that I found out about from CAG) to buy FIFA? You are a genius. You're logic is infallible. While I realize that some people come here to screw other consumers (mainly you and your kind), I also realize that not everyone is playing the same game. Many of us are just looking for cheap games and we like to share that info with the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back