Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GizmoGC']They often ignore that. Which is why this is so comical. They will find loopholes to screw over retailers but its OK, as long as it's not flipping Wii U's.

I think these guys are just mad that they can't afford to buy several Wii U's at once with their allowance and flip them for profit. Thankfully launch is on a Sunday so they don't have to miss school![/QUOTE]

What is truly comical is you think that the people using these loopholes to screw over the retailers are DIFFERENT than the ones flipping stuff for a living. This site isnt about screwing over retailers and the few sites you see that do that are filled with the same people on here talking about how cool they are for flipping a Wii U.

[quote name='pseudonem']So screwing some little kid out of a rad Christmas gift is okay? Especially since I screwed GMG out of 10$ when I use GMG 25% off code (that I found out about from CAG) to buy FIFA? You are a genius. You're logic is infallible. While I realize that some people come here to screw other consumers (mainly you and your kind), I also realize that not everyone is playing the same game. Many of us are just looking for cheap games and we like to share that info with the community.[/QUOTE]

So now only little kids get Wii U's?

If parents can't wait in line, they will gladly pay me the extra $100-$200 to do so. That's the breaks. Don't like it, blame Nintendo for not meeting demand. This is how the world works. Supply and demand.

Many CAGs regularly use loopholes to screw over retailers. Buy game X from best Buy and flip to Game Stop for $3 more. GameStop now has millions of copies of said game they paid too much for and have to lower it losing them money. But thats COOL! No worries :roll:

[quote name='pseudonem']So screwing some little kid out of a rad Christmas gift is okay? Especially since I screwed GMG out of 10$ when I use GMG 25% off code (that I found out about from CAG) to buy FIFA? You are a genius. You're logic is infallible. While I realize that some people come here to screw other consumers (mainly you and your kind), I also realize that not everyone is playing the same game. Many of us are just looking for cheap games and we like to share that info with the community.[/QUOTE]

There are wealthy people flipping real estate left and right! Investors like Trump by blocks of properties to manipulate the price and resell. Do you actually believe oil prices are not manipulated by the cartels? Welcome to the free market economy!!!

[quote name='musha666']What is truly comical is you think that the people using these loopholes to screw over the retailers are DIFFERENT than the ones flipping stuff for a living. This site isnt about screwing over retailers and the few sites you see that do that are filled with the same people on here talking about how cool they are for flipping a Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Flipping isn't a living for me. Its a way to make extra cash. It easy. Shit, if this was a fulltime job to would be impossible and there is not enough stuff to flip throughout the year. Though I suspect I'll flip many Wii U's in the coming months.

But now I now - ripping off retailers is OK according to some CAGs.

[quote name='leopaw']There are wealthy people flipping real estate left and right! Investors like Trump by blocks of properties to manipulate the price and resell. Do you actually believe oil prices are not manipulated by the cartels? Welcome to the free market economy!!![/QUOTE]

So, my point still stands. These people are fucking asshats.

[quote name='GizmoGC']So now only little kids get Wii U's?

If parents can't wait in line, they will gladly pay me the extra $100-$200 to do so. That's the breaks. Don't like it, blame Nintendo for not meeting demand. This is how the world works. Supply and demand.

Many CAGs regularly use loopholes to screw over retailers. Buy game X from best Buy and flip to Game Stop for $3 more. GameStop now has millions of copies of said game they paid too much for and have to lower it losing them money. But thats COOL! No worries :roll:[/QUOTE]

So, lets say someone like you pre-orders 5 consoles. You've artificially raised the demand in your favor because the next person to attempt to pre-order may not be able to. Now they have to stand in line and when that fails they can contact you. Seems like a perfectly nice way to treat other people. You are a douche. Congrats.

Geeze, people, give it a rest.

Glad this heated debate is getting somewhere. /sarcasm

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pseudonem']So, lets say someone like you pre-orders 5 consoles. You've artificially raised the demand in your favor because the next person to attempt to pre-order may not be able to. Now they have to stand in line and when that fails they can contact you. Seems like a perfectly nice way to treat other people. You are a douche. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

They have/had he option of pre-ordering.

They have/had the option of waiting in line.

Too bad.

In the meantime, CAGers can go the Best Buy and buy all the copies game whatever to flip to GameStop for an extra $2 each while little Billy can't go to Best Buy and buy that game thanks to all the flippers flipping the game for more credit at Game Stop. THAT'S COOL THOUGH CAUSE IT'S NOT A WII U. :applause:

[quote name='GizmoGC']They have/had he option of pre-ordering.

Too bad.

In the meantime, CAGers can go the Best Buy and buy all the copies game whatever to flip to GameStop for an extra $2 each while little Billy can't go to Best Buy and buy that game thanks to all the flippers flipping the game for more credit at Game Stop. THAT'S COOL THOUGH CAUSE IT'S NOT A WII U. :applause:[/QUOTE]

You aught to read some of the post by people you respond to.

I never set foot in game stop. You are still a asshat. :)

Good luck to the rest of you.

[quote name='GizmoGC']They have/had he option of pre-ordering.

Too bad.

In the meantime, CAGers can go the Best Buy and buy all the copies game whatever to flip to GameStop for an extra $2 each while little Billy can't go to Best Buy and buy that game thanks to all the flippers flipping the game for more credit at Game Stop. THAT'S COOL THOUGH CAUSE IT'S NOT A WII U. :applause:[/QUOTE]

You're correct but I don't think they understand the free market economy. They also have faulty logic regarding morality, apparently.

[quote name='confoosious']Well, since you are a law abiding person, all the power to you. Good luck!

Oh, don't forget to pay those taxes. I'm sure you'll pay taxes on those gains, right?

(The argument isn't that you gotta do whatever you gotta do to pay the family's bills. That's fine. Do what you gotta do. Nor is it about paying your taxes. That's between you and your accountant. The point bojay was making was that flippers shouldn't be comparing themselves to retail stores "I buy low and sell high, I'm JUST like Gamestop..." No. You're not.)

You know, I wonder if attaching layaway to the preorder really confused things. That is, the people who don't usually layaway stuff were like "not gonna layaway, f that." or the people who do layaway stuff thought maybe it was just an add on to the wii / nobody asked for christmas yet.

I asked this earlier but there was some confusion about the timing. Now that it's Sunday, let me try again: Does this week's walmart ad have the WiiU preorder/layway in it?

Edit: found my local WM ad. Doesn't look like the wiiu is in there this week.[/QUOTE]

you are 100% on the taxes. and yes i do report every sales tax i sell on items sold on ebay/aamzon and pizza delivery tips too.

[quote name='pseudonem']So, lets say someone like you pre-orders 5 consoles. You've artificially raised the demand in your favor because the next person to attempt to pre-order may not be able to. Now they have to stand in line and when that fails they can contact you. Seems like a perfectly nice way to treat other people. You are a douche. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

Lets assume this is true...Nintendo purposely limit the supply of the Wii U to create artificial demand. In their view to gain positive pubiicity. In your view, who's the douche?

Consumer spending is more than 75% of our economy. We have a free market economy. Your parents employment probably contributes to it in some way or form. It's what help them put food on your table.

[quote name='pseudonem']So, my point still stands. These people are fucking asshats.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Pot, please meet Mr. Kettle. Maybe a site that calls itself "cheapassgamers" is not for you.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Wait, what?

I buy Wii U from GameStop and I pay the taxes on it.
You buy the Wii U from GameStop and you pay the taxes on it.

What's the problem? I'm paying the taxes on the ORIGINAL PURCHASE. You are trying to say it's unfair we don't pay taxes on the "profit" we make by reselling. I pointed out YOU don't pay taxes on the items you sell on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly, he was referring to paying taxes on the *gains* made when you resell the item for a higher price and turn a profit. How often do people make a profit when they sell items on CAG? Almost never, I imagine. If so, then yes you'd likewise expect them to pay taxes on that gain as well.

[quote name='samssf']He was referring to paying taxes on the *gains* made when you resell the item for a higher price and turn a profit. How often do people make a profit when they sell items on CAG? Hardly ever I imagine.[/QUOTE]

I do all the time, otherwise I wouldn't sell on CAG. :p

[quote name='samssf']Yes, exactly, he was referring to paying taxes on the *gains* made when you resell the item for a higher price and turn a profit. How often do people make a profit when they sell items on CAG? Almost never, I imagine. If so, then yes you'd likewise expect them to pay taxes on that gain as well.[/QUOTE]

People on here selling DO make a profit.

[quote name='spawn026']i remember people trying this with the ps3 and getting screwed because sony had them back in stock and readily available the next week.[/QUOTE]
How do you figure? PS3s were easily going on eBay for upwards of $1,500 on the first day or two, with several fetching upwards of $2,500. By day 3 or 4, they were down to about $1,000. If you're going to flip on eBay, you're not going to wait until a week after launch.

[quote name='madcatz1999']How do you figure? PS3s were easily going on eBay for upwards of $1,500 on the first day or two, with several fetching upwards of $2,500. By day 3 or 4, they were down to about $1,000. If you're going to flip on eBay, you're not going to wait until a week after launch.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I think every recent home console (starting with PS2) has made a profit on eBay. That could change with the Wii U, but no one knows. Handhelds barely make anything though.

I remember I made an average of about $400 profit on 3 PS3's which is a 67% return, but I don't expect it to be that crazy this time around. I'd say it'll peak around $200.

Slight derail to talk about Wii U in the Wii U Pre-Order Thread.

I went to my Gamestop to pay off my Wii preorder today. I asked about a midnight launch and they said they didn't have details about the launch at this poin. They did have a Wii U demo unit. So far that's the only place I've seen one, though to be fair I've only looked at a few places around where I live.

On Monday I'm going to attempt to pre-order a WiiU Deluxe Set at Walmart. I'm hoping they still have some and they are willing to let me pre-order more than 1.

[quote name='Nochance']Lol, some pathetic nerd on here calling flippers asshats and douches. I guess I forgot it was 2004.[/QUOTE]

Some pathetic nerd on here, who's only purpose here is tell everyone how great he's going to make out on all the preorders he scammed up. We don't give a fuck go away.

[quote name='rayfrombk']I remember I made an average of about $400 profit on 3 PS3's which is a 67% return, but I don't expect it to be that crazy this time around. I'd say it'll peak around $200.[/QUOTE]
Really happy for you...

[quote name='tightclaws']Some pathetic nerd on here, who's only purpose here is tell everyone how great he's going to make out on all the preorders he scammed up. We don't give a fuck go away.[/QUOTE]

Well duh.

You're going to need to buy one off of us once you can't just stroll into Target at 11am and get one. :applause:

[quote name='Octopod']If it wasn't for flippers the kids whose parents aren't willing to stand in line wouldn't get a Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Oh really?

Is that a fact or just something you're making up?

Former.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Oh really?

Is that a fact or just something you're making up?

Former.[/QUOTE]
I think he's standing on your side. This thread is becoming really comical. :lol:

[quote name='tightclaws']Some pathetic nerd on here, who's only purpose here is tell everyone how great he's going to make out on all the preorders he scammed up. We don't give a fuck go away.[/QUOTE]

I haven't said anything even remotely similar to that. Like I said before, get a life you fucking weirdo.

[quote name='rayfrombk']I think he's standing on your side. This thread is becoming really comical. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Its actually getting insanely meta, as former means the earlier one. So I guess he was just angrily agreeing with the other posters agreement.

So... anyone have any insight into how frequently stores such as Target are getting new preorder allowances? I'd like to get one before Dec :whistle2:/

Forgetting you're online and masturbating might be why Nintendo doesn't want to have party chat for anything.

I hate how Nintendo has to out of their way to "protect the kids."

none of the Wal-Marts in my area had any idea about the pre-order/lay-away deal. Every time I would go and ask, the lay-away people would send me to electronics and the electronics people would look for pre-order cards.

[quote name='samssf']So... anyone have any insight into how frequently stores such as Target are getting new preorder allowances? I'd like to get one before Dec :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

From what we've been told, once the cards are gone, that's it for that store.

[quote name='GizmoGC']From what we've been told, once the cards are gone, that's it for that store.[/QUOTE]

It depends at the location.

This thread turned into the equivalent of having to stare at multiple penises. Flippers and new cags: we don't give two shits if you assume you will make $x.xx per console. Anti-flippers: stop using the word "asshats".

For fucks sake, I can't believe we have another month of this.

Alright, I cleaned up this thread. No more bullshit. Stay on topic, don't argue and don't talk about flipping. All it does is lead to more fighting. Everyone has been warned. Report people who don't follow the rules.

I have no problem handing out bans.

[quote name='samssf']So... anyone have any insight into how frequently stores such as Target are getting new preorder allowances? I'd like to get one before Dec :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

You should check your local Target stores this week. I know I am. Another CAG here said his store received them on Friday. I guess other stores will soon get them as well.

[quote name='Deader2818']I went to one today in south jersey and did not see any cards nor did I ask.[/QUOTE]

Check again tomorrow. You should ask an associate because they might be behind the Electronics counter instead of hanging on the shelves. I'm going tomorrow afternoon during my lunch break. I figure they will be getting deliveries around noon.

[quote name='breauxman']none of the Wal-Marts in my area had any idea about the pre-order/lay-away deal. Every time I would go and ask, the lay-away people would send me to electronics and the electronics people would look for pre-order cards.[/QUOTE]

On my receipt the Wii U Deluxe Model is listed as follows:

WII U HDWR 004549688086 at $349.96

Try taking that number with you next time.

[quote name='breauxman']none of the Wal-Marts in my area had any idea about the pre-order/lay-away deal. Every time I would go and ask, the lay-away people would send me to electronics and the electronics people would look for pre-order cards.[/QUOTE]

At the lay away desk at my local walmart, they had a binder (it was not full of women) that had a picture of the Wii U on it and it seemed like it was just for managing the pre-orders. It's so weird that some locations are completely prepared and others are completely hopeless. If you go to a store and ask them a question about an offer on the front page of their weekly ad and nobody at the store has any idea what to do, then someone should be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back