Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilseung']Was Wii hard to get after release if you didn't pre-order?[/QUOTE]

I got my Wii by going to walmart on black friday at 10am, there were plenty of them.

[quote name='skiizim']I think Target is one of the worst places for Pre-Order but I could be surprised, good luck to you![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if I show up that day and they don't have one for us.

[quote name='mitemouse']If you are worried about not getting your target preorder, just make sure to call them a couple days in advance to make sure they put it aside for you..

Also i am keeping my receipt with my preorder card so i can prove where i bought the reservation card..
All the targets in my area received 5 preorder for each system.. They should easily be able to track how many were purchased at their store.[/QUOTE]

Yeap. I mean, does it say anywhere that we don't need to bring the receipt with the card when we pick it up? It wouldn't make sense even if it did.

Nintendo's consolidated financial highlights were released today. They expect to sell 5.5 million units worldwide by the end of the fiscal year (March 13, 2013). Where is everyone getting the idea that they are supplying "4 to 6 times" the amount of Wii U's to the US at launch as they did Wiis?

Link, BTW:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2012/121024e.pdf
Last page has projected sales numbers in number of units.

[quote name='jessesixto']
IMG_20821.jpg

IMG_20831.jpg

BTW Nothing left in Gurnee IL ;)[/QUOTE]

Anyone find it weird the back of the cards says do not sell after 12/30/12 when the release date is 11/18?

[quote name='perfectsil']I got my Wii by going to walmart on black friday at 10am, there were plenty of them.[/QUOTE]

Man, as someone who had to sit outside a Target at 4 am with 100 other people three weeks before Christmas, I envy you. My Wal-Mart had no stock for months.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Nintendo's consolidated financial highlights were released today. They expect to sell 5.5 million units worldwide by the end of the fiscal year (March 13, 2013). Where is everyone getting the idea that they are supplying "4 to 6 times" the amount of Wii U's to the US at launch as they did Wiis?

Link, BTW:
Last page has projected sales numbers in number of units.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this. They also reported that they will be selling the console at a loss. The gamepad must be pretty expensive to manufacture (?).

November 18th - March 31st = 19 weeks

Per Week Average Wii-U's (sold) worldwide = 289,473

TOTAL GUESSTIMATION - AVERAGE total sold (available?) U.S. per week = 96,000 (IF U.S.A. gets 1/3 of those 5.5 million units - don't have a clue about historical allotments to USA from Nintendo during launch window - can someone provide?)

Let's not turn this info into a profit/non-profit argument, people!

[quote name='paulwekiva']I was just about to post this. They also reported that they will be selling the console at a loss. The gamepad must be pretty expensive to manufacture (?)[/QUOTE]I actually thought that's what they meant when I first read that, too, but I don't think it is. What I think they're saying is that since the console was started being produced in September, but won't be sold until this coming up quarter, that it was costing them profit in that quarter.

[quote name='paulwekiva']I was just about to post this. They also reported that they will be selling the console at a loss. The gamepad must be pretty expensive to manufacture (?).

November 18th - March 31st = 19 weeks

Per Week Average Wii-U's (sold) worldwide = 289,473

TOTAL GUESSTIMATION - AVERAGE total sold (available?) U.S. per week = 96,000 (IF U.S.A. gets 1/3 of those 5.5 million units - don't have a clue about historical allotments to USA from Nintendo during launch window - can someone provide?)

Let's not turn this info into a profit/non-profit argument, people![/QUOTE]

I think M'erica will get closer to 1/2 of the systems for the first two months. But that would mean we only get 145k the first week. I think the ps3 launched with 220k worldwide at launch so this could be rather tricky to find. Especially since they are selling at a loss now.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Nintendo's consolidated financial highlights were released today. They expect to sell 5.5 million units worldwide by the end of the fiscal year (March 13, 2013). Where is everyone getting the idea that they are supplying "4 to 6 times" the amount of Wii U's to the US at launch as they did Wiis?

Link, BTW:
Last page has projected sales numbers in number of units.[/QUOTE]

I already clarified that this was an error on my part. Based on the financial report, it appears the total number of WiiUs worldwide in the first 4.5 months based on their projections are roughly the same amount as the number of Wii consoles that were available worldwide during the first 4.5 months after launch. Unfortunately, we don't know if this is just a conservative estimate or real numbers, nor do we know what the US vs. Japan vs. Europe allocations will be. It is clear that supply may be at least as tight as the Wii was during launch, although the demand side is still a question mark given the higher price, the two SKUs and the general disappointment some people experienced with the original Wii.

[quote name='paulwekiva']TOTAL GUESSTIMATION - AVERAGE total sold (available?) U.S. per week = 96,000 (IF U.S.A. gets 1/3 of those 5.5 million units - don't have a clue about historical allotments to USA from Nintendo during launch window - can someone provide?)

Let's not turn this info into a profit/non-profit argument, people![/QUOTE]

I delivered about 15 boxes each containing 3 units per box to a Wal-Mart a little over a week before release date. After release date for almost 6 months they just trickled in, anywhere between 1-4 boxes total until they caught up with the demand.

Give it about 2 weeks and retailers should be getting there stock in, then the CAGs that work at the stores can verify what there stores are getting. Lets just hope store employees don't try and put one aside for themselves. I know this has happened, long story short...
a buddy of mine was trying to get an xbox but one of the store managers at Wal-Mart put one aside for himself, his sister works there and told him about and the manager had to give his up.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned but don't rule out K-Mart. I have no idea the allotment they are going to receive but I think this is one of the few places that I haven't heard of a pre-order yet.

BTW, for those asking (or thinking), "why don't they just make more?", think about this: if they manufactured an entire console (including gamepad) every single second, 24/7 (think about what all that means), then over a 2 month period, they could create a little under 5.2 million consoles.
[quote name='spauldingfan']I think M'erica will get closer to 1/2 of the systems for the first two months. But that would mean we only get 145k the first week.[/QUOTE]
Making the assumption that sales/supply during the first week of launch will be the same as during the last week (or any other week) of the quarter is a very, very poor assumption.
[quote name='skiizim']Also, I haven't seen it mentioned but don't rule out K-Mart. I have no idea the allotment they are going to receive but I think this is one of the few places that I haven't heard of a pre-order yet.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Kmart/Sears are both listed as official sellers. They've both had preorders online, but I would think they'd have some supply in-store on launch day, too.

[quote name='BigRedWhat']Man, as someone who had to sit outside a Target at 4 am with 100 other people three weeks before Christmas, I envy you. My Wal-Mart had no stock for months.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he joking. The Wii was utter chaos. Especially on Black Friday. ESPECIALLY at 10:00 am after the morning rush has cleaned out their entire inventory. If you think you can just walk into Walmart on the Black Friday of a console launch window you are terribly mistaken. Surely you dont believe such claims...

[quote name='perfectsil']I got my Wii by going to walmart on black friday at 10am, there were plenty of them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BigRedWhat']Man, as someone who had to sit outside a Target at 4 am with 100 other people three weeks before Christmas, I envy you. My Wal-Mart had no stock for months.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he joking. The Wii was utter chaos. Especially on Black Friday. ESPECIALLY at 10:00 am after the morning rush has cleaned out their entire inventory. If you think you can just walk into Walmart on the Black Friday of a console launch window you are terribly mistaken. Surely you dont believe such claims...

[quote name='madcatz1999']BTW, for those asking (or thinking), "why don't they just make more?", think about this: if they manufactured an entire console (including gamepad) every single second, 24/7 (think about what all that means), then over a 2 month period, they could create a little under 5.2 million consoles.

Making the assumption that sales/supply during the first week of launch will be the same as during the last week (or any other week) of the quarter is a very, very poor assumption.

Yeah, Kmart/Sears are both listed as official sellers. They've both had preorders online, but I would think they'd have some supply in-store on launch day, too.[/QUOTE]

My Sears had three Wiis on launch day.

[quote name='BigJoe']Pretty sure he joking. The Wii was utter chaos. Especially on Black Friday. ESPECIALLY at 10:00 am after the morning rush has cleaned out their entire inventory. If you think you can just walk into Walmart on the Black Friday of a console launch window you are terribly mistaken. Surely you dont believe such claims...[/QUOTE]

no doubt. you young people with your rap music and your sardonic irreverence - sometimes it just right over this old man's head.

Honestly, I remember the Wii was almost impossible to get even 2 years after release...granted I was not really that into gaming anymore back then (until I found this website...lol...) but I do remember friends trying to get Wiis that could not...and I remember NEVER seeing Wiis in stores whenever I went into a Gmaestop, Target, etc...btw this was in the Bay Area...

Or maybe Im exaggerating and I actually dont really remember...but I swear it was like that...

I was a little late to jump on a Wii U preorder. Thanks to those who pointed out Target. Mine had 5 cards of each and I reserved one deluxe! 5.5 million worldwide is nothing and Foxconn has already had supply issues when it came to the iPhone 5... highly doubt anyone will find these on the day of release without camping, which I may have done when I was in college but definitely not now.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Honestly, I remember the Wii was almost impossible to get even 2 years after release...granted I was not really that into gaming anymore back then (until I found this website...lol...) but I do remember friends trying to get Wiis that could not...and I remember NEVER seeing Wiis in stores whenever I went into a Gmaestop, Target, etc...btw this was in the Bay Area...

Or maybe Im exaggerating and I actually dont really remember...but I swear it was like that...[/QUOTE]

I lived in SF at the time, and yes, it was fucking impossible to find one for at least a year and a half. I got mine in San Mateo on launch night, and had family members asking me constantly to help them find one afterward.

Well i have 3 preorders now, im expecting to sell one and get 2 for me and family, 1 is from gamestop on day one of preorders in Orem UT they were gone, and yesterday i preordered 2 black consoles from Target.
Good day people!

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just played it at Best Buy, thing was pretty amazing. And Rayman just looked gorgeous. Makes me sad its not a launch title anymore, or I'd buy it day one[/QUOTE]

I just back from my local Game Stop. I really enjoyed playing the demo of Rayman, it was one I was really excited to get on launch day and was bummed when they moved it back. Now I'm even more bummed. Wish I could just bundle up that demo kit and take it home =D

[quote name='Prepster']See I just played the WiiU at Gamestop and thought it wasn't anything special and the controller felt a little awkward holding it as it's not the lightest thing in the entire world. Rayman did look nice, but I don't think it's worthy of a $60 price point.

Overall I am not very impressed even though I am still buying one. I just hope some of the other games look as nice as Rayman did.[/QUOTE]

To me the gamepad felt really comfortable, though I do use an Ipad on a daily bases for work and casual gaming so the weight and size didnt phase me much. What did seem awkward to me was switching between looking at the TV versus the screen on the gamepad. Though I'm sure its something that you just get use to and it probably helps to be sitting on a couch rather than being tethered to the console with a foot reach

Rayman Really did look beautiful, I can't wait to see New Super Mario U and some of the others on a large HD screen

Quick question for anyone who reserved at target.
I made a quick stop at target after work and they had some of the cards out, so I picked one up.
She just rang me up with my other items, didn't ask for any info or anything, so I just have the card and my receipt.
Thats it?
They don't need any info or anything? Seems odd.

Anybody in Burbank, California know if the Empire Center GS got the display in? They never pickup the phone for me and I only want to drive out if they have it.

ATTENTION TO FOLKS THAT PRE ORDERED AT TARGET!

So I spoke with a manager at Target and here is the info it got. I questioned him on the lack of info that they take on the Pre-Order Cards. His response was, that the cards will not have a hold on a console. People who show up on launch prior to the opening of the store can show up at any time (before store opens) and have priority over anyone who has been waiting in line.

After they have accounted for anyone present that has a pre order card, the rest of the Wii U consoles will be sold on a first come first serve basis so they will just go in order of the line. Also, it will be 1 console per person, so if you have multiple cards you will need to bring people with you. If you show up after the store is opened, like later that day, then your console will be gone and thus deem your pre order card worthless. So essentially you have to camp out for like 10 mins. Just get there early enough that they have not let people into the store. At $1 down this is not a terrible deal but it is in no way a "Pre Order"

This is not my opinion. This is what I have heard from a manager. Please do not attempt to call me out in the future if this is not true. As I said this was told by an employee of Target. Hope this helps

Looking at the back of the card posted a few pages ago, it looks like Target is supposed to hold your console for seven days(hard to read but I think this was the number). Of course policy doesn't always translate to actions. Still not a bad deal if they don't oversell their preorder cards. Just get to the store a few minutes before it opens.

[quote name='Dr. Dib']Looking at the back of the card posted a few pages ago, it looks like Target is supposed to hold your console for seven days(hard to read but I think this was the number). Of course policy doesn't always translate to actions. Still not a bad deal if they don't oversell their preorder cards. Just get to the store a few minutes before it opens.[/QUOTE]

I told him that. He actually started to get a little irritated with me because I insisted that a pre order card should hold your console other wise dont call it a pre order. He said "thats just the way we've been doing it"

Who really knows at this point. To be safe try to secure an additional pre order elsewhere like walmart beacuse Target seems like a wild card at this point. Keep in mind my local Target may handle things differently than your Target

[quote name='BigJoe']ATTENTION TO FOLKS THAT PRE ORDERED AT TARGET!

So I spoke with a manager at Target and here is the info it got. I questioned him on the lack of info that they take on the Pre-Order Cards. His response was, that the cards will not have a hold on a console. People who show up on launch prior to the opening of the store can show up at any time (before store opens) and have priority over anyone who has been waiting in line.

After they have accounted for anyone present that has a pre order card, the rest of the Wii U consoles will be sold on a first come first serve basis so they will just go in order of the line. Also, it will be 1 console per person, so if you have multiple cards you will need to bring people with you. If you show up after the store is opened, like later that day, then your console will be gone and thus deem your pre order card worthless. So essentially you have to camp out for like 10 mins. Just get there early enough that they have not let people into the store. At $1 down this is not a terrible deal but it is in no way a "Pre Order"

This is not my opinion. This is what I have heard from a manager. Please do not attempt to call me out in the future if this is not true. As I said this was told by an employee of Target. Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

This sounds legit to me and I would not be surprised if this is how most Target locations handle it. They simply aren't equipped to hold stuff behind the counter or in the store room long term, so anyone expecting this to be like a Gamestop or even BB pre-order is going to be sorely disappointed.

Snagged the last two "reservation" cards for the Deluxe console. I have preorders at Best Buy and GameStop but I figured it's worth a shot in the event something bad happens at those stores.

photo5-1.jpg

A couple of things:

The guy in electronics told me they only got five of each console type today (still had five basic "reservation" cards) on the pegs and that they weren't getting anymore. He wasn't sure how it would work but when I preordered my Vita at this store they placed it behind the counter but it's really a guessing game based on the information that is being shared across all the stores.

Also, I found it weird that the actual card has a $5 cost but the labels and when you check out lists $1. And I'm still confused as to why the back of the card says not to sell after 12/30/2012 when the console is being released 11/18/2012.

I think most stores should start putting these out based on the fact that many people are starting to see them.

[quote name='lilseung']Was Wii hard to get after release if you didn't pre-order?[/QUOTE]

LOL. Are you kidding? If you didn't preorder or wait in line, it was almost impossible to get one for almost a year.

I remember giving my friend the reserve I put down at GameStop and waiting at Wal-Mart because I had a family member got a discount. He sold it on eBay for who knows how much? *sigh* Back when I wasn't a cheap gamer...

[quote name='Nochance']I lived in SF at the time, and yes, it was fucking impossible to find one for at least a year and a half. I got mine in San Mateo on launch night, and had family members asking me constantly to help them find one afterward.[/QUOTE]

The wii was my xmas present the year it came out...i didnt get that present until Sept of the next year and that just happened to be luck.

[quote name='coopscohen']Snagged the last two "reservation" cards for the Deluxe console. I have preorders at Best Buy and GameStop but I figured it's worth a shot in the event something bad happens at those stores.

photo5-1.jpg

A couple of things:

The guy in electronics told me they only got five of each console type today (still had five basic "reservation" cards) on the pegs and that they weren't getting anymore. He wasn't sure how it would work but when I preordered my Vita at this store they placed it behind the counter but it's really a guessing game based on the information that is being shared across all the stores.

Also, I found it weird that the actual card has a $5 cost but the labels and when you check out lists $1. And I'm still confused as to why the back of the card says not to sell after 12/30/2012 when the console is being released 11/18/2012.

I think most stores should start putting these out based on the fact that many people are starting to see them.[/QUOTE]

My guess is maybe they will sell them again for when other shipments come in.

[quote name='Dr. Dib']Looking at the back of the card posted a few pages ago, it looks like Target is supposed to hold your console for seven days(hard to read but I think this was the number). Of course policy doesn't always translate to actions. Still not a bad deal if they don't oversell their preorder cards. Just get to the store a few minutes before it opens.[/QUOTE]

that set up sounds kinda logical. but i can see that people in line get all agro when a few people roll up 10 min before the store open and make their camping a total waste. i wonder how many fights/riots will break out if thats how they are gonna handle it.

Slightly off topic but Nintendo revealed at their investors meeting that the estimated supply for the launch window (to march 2013) has gone down from an estimated 6-7 million down to a 5.5 million. I believe they said the first wii had 5.84 million if I can remember correctly. That means launch supply will be approx 340,000 less units than the original Wii. That could be plenty or not enough depending on consumer demand. What do you think of those numbers? are we looking at a repeat of the 2006 chaos?

[quote name='BigJoe']Slightly off topic but Nintendo revealed at their investors meeting that the estimated supply for the launch window (to march 2013) has gone down from an estimated 6-7 million down to a 5.5 million. I believe they said the first wii had 5.84 million if I can remember correctly. That means launch supply will be approx 340,000 less units than the original Wii. That could be plenty or not enough depending on consumer demand. What do you think of those numbers? are we looking at a repeat of the 2006 chaos?[/QUOTE]

Depends. WiiU isn't going to be as mainstream, "I think". Also, I don't remember the wii being hard to get at launch. I stood in line 1 hour the day it was released and walked out the morning with on. After it was out it was more and more difficult to come by. As it was in the media. WiiU won't have people swinging their gamepads madly around like fools. But, the issue was time went by after launch and the wii was selling out, Nintendo did not have the production it needed and it took time for factories to catch up. So, I think that if you don't get one at launch then getting one this year from a retailer will be very tough. But early next year they should be in the wild.

[quote name='cold_young_thug']So of course I call my two local targets and neither of them have gotten the shipment with the cards in yet. :smh:[/QUOTE]

I went to two local Target stores yesterday and neither of them had the reservation cards for the console (just had the ones for games).

Today I went to both stores again and both of them had the White and Black console reservation cards on the shelf. I'd say just keep checking back and they are bound to put them out. Just took one off the shelf, brought to the register, paid $1 and that was that.

Now that I have a card for each store I just hope they actually reserve the consoles for people with the cards...

The Wii U exceeded Nintendo's pre-order expectations, with more than 250,000 GameStop customers putting their names on waiting lists for the console, according to a presentation Nintendo president Satoru Iwata gave during the company's second quarter financial results.

Of the two Wii U models, Nintendo officials reported that the Wii U Deluxe set (the higher-end model which retails for $349.99) is doing better in terms of pre-order numbers. The company said that GameStop in the U.S. exceeded its allocated pre-orders as of last week, and in that time more than a quarter million people have put their names on a waiting list.

"As production only started this summer, it is has now become more likely that it is our production capacity, rather than consumer demand, that will place limits on our Wii U prospects for this calendar year," Iwata said. "But we will make every effort to supply as many units as possible, and we will strive to continue to ship Wii U hardware without any interruptions in each regions even after its launch."

Via: Polygon.com

Went today (to Target) after work around 4pm est. and they had just gotten the cards in, they were still in the plastic shrink wrap. 5 white, 5 black. Electronics guy said initially they weren't going to sell the Wii U, but they got an email from the higher ups. He told me they will hold the preorder for 7 days at customer service., just up there w/ card/receipt

[quote name='dennisb407']Went today (to Target) after work around 4pm est. and they had just gotten the cards in, they were still in the plastic shrink wrap. 5 white, 5 black. Electronics guy said initially they weren't going to sell the Wii U, but they got an email from the higher ups. He told me they will hold the preorder for 7 days at customer service., just up there w/ card/receipt[/QUOTE]

Seems like everyone is getting a different story. Guess it's whatever the store decides to do.

Someone else said the card just gets you to the front of the first-come-first-served line. Now you say they reserve it and you pick up at the customer service counter, meaning you don't even go to the electronics department to pick it up?

I'm more inclined to believe your story, the back of the card even says that it will be reserved for 7 days for you. Unfortunately, when I purchased my card there were no employees around to ask so I just brought it to the register up front and paid for it.

Went into BB and the sweet ass demo unit was set up. Played some of Rayman-- very fun. Controller is incredibly light, but somewhat awkward because of its large size. I think holding it in the lap will make it more comfortable, along with looking at the screen while playing.

Went to 1 BB and 3 GS and not one had a display set up.

This weekend I will find a kiosk and get my hands on that controller and get the feel of it.

[quote name='drphibes']

This weekend I will find a kiosk and get my hands on that controller and get the feel of it.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said.

After playing Legends at GameStop yesterday, all I can say is I love the Wii U more the more I play it.

First at E3 it was just amazing. Spent a whole day just Wii U after Wii U title
Then at the Wii U Experience it was even more awesome. NSMBU is a blast!
And finally yesterday, I just can't wait!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']the sweet ass demo unit was set up. Controller is incredibly light, but somewhat awkward because of its large size. I think holding it in the lap will make it more comfortable.[/QUOTE]

That's what they said.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Went into BB and the sweet ass demo unit was set up. Played some of Rayman-- very fun. Controller is incredibly light, but somewhat awkward because of its large size. I think holding it in the lap will make it more comfortable, along with looking at the screen while playing.[/QUOTE] I think it will feel better when it's not tethered to a giant, coiled wire. Still, I thought it was very comfortable when I tried it at GameStop yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back