Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gravel']The registers won't allow them to be sold anyway. If they are scanned it says they can't be sold until after whatever the street date is.[/QUOTE]It was 6 years ago (so things I have probably changed), but I got a DS Lite two weeks early at Target.

[quote name='vcplant']So Walmart obviously got a TON of Wii-U's between the layaway and pre-order bundles. Seems nuts that Target and Toys R Us wouldn't have numbers in at least the same ballpark and both their pre-orders seem tiny in comparison.[/QUOTE]
Walmart is the biggest B&M store in the US and is Nintendo's biggest account by far. It makes sense. Add TRU and Target together and they still don't half the stores Walmart has.

Went to Target to get some Pepsi so I decided to cruise over to Electronics and low and behold I see 1 Black Deluxe reservation card on the shelf next to 5 white version cards. Both the person checking me out and the manager told me that they will have the same number of Wii U's in the back ready for pick up as they did pre-order cards (I believe he said 10 if all 10 cards are accounted for) and for all intents and purposes the reserved WiiU's will be guaranteed as long as people have the cards (of course things can happen and nothing is ever 100% guaranteed, so I digress)

Already have one on layaway at Walmart and will still go there at midnight as my first option, but always good to have a backup.

[quote name='vcplant']So Walmart obviously got a TON of Wii-U's between the layaway and pre-order bundles. Seems nuts that Target and Toys R Us wouldn't have numbers in at least the same ballpark and both their pre-orders seem tiny in comparison.[/QUOTE]

I am not convinced that Walmart has any intention of fulfilling all of its online preorders. By bundling them, they sell off ancilary items. It would not surprise me if they start sending out the required 30 day "backordered e-mails" re the actual Wii U at or near the day of release. 5.5 million world wide is not a huge number.

[quote name='tightclaws']
Walmart is the biggest B&M store in the US and is Nintendo's biggest account by far.
[/QUOTE]

Walmart is the biggest corporation in the world and the biggest video game retailer in the world.

[quote name='BigRedWhat']I am not convinced that Walmart has any intention of fulfilling all of its online preorders. By bundling them, they sell off ancilary items. It would not surprise me if they start sending out the required 30 day "backordered e-mails" re the actual Wii U at or near the day of release. 5.5 million world wide is not a huge number.[/QUOTE]

And it would be unheard of for a company to artificially create hype by underreporting production numbers.....

[quote name='gordojones88']Walmart is the biggest corporation in the world and the biggest video game retailer in the world.[/QUOTE]
Here are the numbers :

Walmart including Sam's and super centers : 4400 in US over 7K world wide.
TRU : 600 in the US
Target : 1203 in the US
So yeah they are pretty big.

[quote name='thundarr']And it would be unheard of for a company to artificially create hype by underreporting production numbers.....[/QUOTE]
After the whole iPhone 5 debacle and Foxconn literally having those fights at the factory, I can see the low numbers happening. I don't know how production is going but I can assume it's not as fast as Nintendo would like.

[quote name='Plinko']As I've said in this thread before, with Amazon NOT selling these, that opens up a lot more consoles to be sold at B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

Unlikely. Amazon carried the Wii and I would be shocked if they had more than a couple thousand of them at launch. Similarly, Amazon's PS3 and Xbox 360 supplies weren't huge at launch even if it was six years ago. I think the fact that Circuit City is no longer around is probably more of a factor in additional supplies being made available to other retailers than Amazon would be. I know all of the Circuit City locations near me had piles of Wiis at launch and sold out within minutes of opening. Even so, I can't help but suspect that Walmart has taken too many orders.

[quote name='thundarr']And it would be unheard of for a company to artificially create hype by underreporting production numbers.....[/QUOTE]
the 5.5 was published by analysts after the Japanese fire which impacted Wii U production not nintendo. The original number was 7.3. Analysts are trying to determine where Nintendo's profits will come in. If they are going to miss their number, they will recommend shorting teh stock. If they hit the number they will issue a recommendation. That simple. Given nintendo's lagging profits, they have huge incentive to get as many systems as possible into the wild. Europe, Japan, Austrailia and the US. In this instance, underreporting production serves no purpose.

[quote name='BigRedWhat']the 5.5 was published by analysts after the Japanese fire which impacted Wii U production not nintendo. The original number was 7.3. Analysts are trying to determine where Nintendo's profits will come in. If they are going to miss their number, they will recommend shorting teh stock. If they hit the number they will issue a recommendation. That simple. Given nintendo's lagging profits, they have huge incentive to get as many systems as possible into the wild. Europe, Japan, Austrailia and the US. In this instance, underreporting production serves no purpose.[/QUOTE]

well its been reported they are losing money on every unit for the first time in Nintendo history. So maybe they don't want all that many out until production costs come down some.

[quote name='tightclaws']well its been reported they are losing money on every unit for the first time in Nintendo history. So maybe they don't want all that many out until production costs come down some.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're joking. That is one of the dumbest tin foil hat theories i've heard on this site. A company with 10 billion in the bank doesn't operate like that.

[quote name='Nochance']I hope you're joking. That is one of the dumbest tin foil hat theories i've heard on this site. A company with 10 billion in the bank doesn't operate like that.[/QUOTE]

WTF do you know about anything bub? As matter of fact what makes you so uniquely qualified to comment about anything on this site? Your just some reseller rookie, and probably not even a gamer at all.

[quote name='tightclaws']WTF do you know about anything bub?[/QUOTE]

I actually follow the industry, so i'm gonna guess I know quite a bit more about the topic than you do.

Slowing production to save a few pennies on each console makes zero sense. Even if you're taking no loss on hardware, that is not where the real profit comes from. If you're not selling a potential consumer games and accessories, you're not making shit off them either way. No company would be short sighted enough to slow the launch of their own console.

I'm not saying holding back a lot, just supplying enough to get a solid base. Create hype buzz about supply and give the factories time to ramp up and bring production cost down which is higer because of the Foxcoon debacle, fire and the Earthquake Sunami damages in line. In those cases its not all that far fectched to limit production a bit. Not so Tinfoil hatted at all.

[quote name='tightclaws']WTF do you know about anything bub? As matter of fact what makes you so uniquely qualified to comment about anything on this site? Your just some reseller rookie, and probably not even a gamer at all.[/QUOTE]

Nice stealth edit. I'm not a reseller. I simply wanted to point out that you were lying the 2 times you started your rant about Deluxe WiiUs not being worth much.

I have no idea why you're so angry. There is no reason to lie about such a silly thing. Grow up, dude.

[quote name='Nochance']Nice stealth edit. I'm not a reseller. I simply wanted to point out that you were lying the 2 times you started your rant about Deluxe WiiUs not being worth much.

I have no idea why you're so angry. There is no reason to lie about such a silly thing. Grow up, dude.[/QUOTE]

First of all your angry calling me a liar when others agreed with and me and saw the same things, I think it's time for you to grow and quit trolling my posts. I said they were not worth what some were trying to sell them for 450 to 500 is still well worth more than then retail. Second of all grow up.Also was not ranting at all I could care less, I was reporting what I saw and you freaked out like a 18 year old who's life depends on if can grub an extra $50 out of his little pathetic business venture.

[quote name='tightclaws']I'm not saying holding back a lot, just supplying enough to get a solid base. Create hype buzz about supply and give the factories time to ramp up and bring production cost down which is higer because of the Foxcoon debacle, fire and the Earthquake Sunami damages in line. In those cases its not all that far fectched to limit production a bit. Not so Tinfoil hatted at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tightclaws']First of all your angry calling me a liar when others agreed with and me and saw the same things, I think it's time for you to grow and quit trolling my posts. I said they were not worth what some were trying to sell them for 450 to 500 is still well worth more than then retail. Second of all grow up.[/QUOTE]

Lol, wow. I'm not going to argue with a child, sorry.

Well, in all fairness, Walmart has the following that make it a bit harder to "preorder", at least in store:

1) $35 to layaway a console.
2) Limit of 2 per customer
3)Tough at many to get correct help (at least at first).

Target:
1) $1 to preorder as many as they have cards!

TRU:
1) $20 to preorder.

My Target does show them in the system but can't put hands on them (5). Manager took my number and said shell call me after the lady who passes them out comes in tomorrow. I played the demo at GS and am SO glad I reserved one already at WM. it's awesome!!

Can verify this information. Just put in a layaway preorder today. So glad I did I can't wait.

This will be my 7th launch day Nintendo system going all the way back to the 64.

If there's anyone in or around Passaic County, NJ, both the Fairfield and Riverdale Target locations are confirmed to still be taking Wii U preorders. I went this morning to reserve my 32GB. It's only five dollars down, but hurry, because they may be out tonight or tomorrow.

There is going to be a shitstorm if Walmart sends back order emails, then still ships and charges for all the extras that people were forced to buy in the bundle.

"No Wii U for you. But here is your wiimote plus and NSMBU. Kthnksbai."

they had a wii u demo at best buy i tried to play today. it was a very sour experience. the damn thing wasn't even working right. i hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

as for the feel of the gamepad: it was surprisingly light.

Still no Target P-O cards for the WiiU. But did preorder Lego City just to get the minifig pack attached to the card:). Already have the game on P-O thru Newegg.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']they had a wii u demo at best buy i tried to play today. it was a very sour experience. the damn thing wasn't even working right. i hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

as for the feel of the gamepad: it was surprisingly light.[/QUOTE]
I've come across 2 messed-up demo units. First was a Gamestop where it looked like someone try to pull the controller off the unit and borked it.

The other was a Target that just set it up (replaced the old Wii station). The main screen wasn't on, only the tablet screen. And I could only scroll thru the menu. Nothing was selectable

Hope to get a test drive soon.

[quote name='tightclaws']Also was not ranting at all I could care less, I was reporting what I saw and you freaked out like a 18 year old who's life depends on if can grub an extra $50 out of his little pathetic business venture.[/QUOTE]

Lol, your stealth edits are hilarious. You were not "reporting what you saw." You were lying through your teeth. Try organizing listings by "ended recently" rather than lowest price.

You're welcome to look at listings from a month ago, but you straight up said in your posts that you were talking about recent listings, which is an absolute lie. I have no clue why you're so upset about this, but please understand that you're going to have a hard time lying about something that takes 30 seconds to verify.

I spoke to the manager at a local Target tonight. He said the preorder cards are useless if you don't pick up the item early. They won't hold anything for you behind the counter or in the back; it's first come first served. Basically, having the preorder card will get you a $5 gift card and that's it. Based on his experience at his store, no one ever comes in at opening for reservations, so if anyone arrived there early they will be sold one. Other stores might be different, but this is how he is doing it at his.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']Yeah, it seems like he doesn't quite understand the point.[/QUOTE]

That kind of makes the idea of "reservation card" a moot point doesn't it?

[quote name='Deader2818']that seems like a pretty shitty manager, lol.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but it seems to corroborate what another poster on here said about the store he went to. :roll:

I don;t see how hard it is to put 5 Wii Us in the back and not sell them. I can't imagine they don't have room to hold it in the back. They store I worked at for years had room in the back for pre-orders.

[quote name='Deader2818']I don;t see how hard it is to put 5 Wii Us in the back and not sell them. I can't imagine they don't have room to hold it in the back. They store I worked at for years had room in the back for pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

It sounded like he didn't care. As long as they get the money that's all that matters which is quite unfortunate for the shopper. I imagine he won't be the only manager that feels this way.

Target reserves are a joke, they wont hold a pre-ordered console and it's for one simple reason, they don't keep track of the pre-orders. All that card means is you will be able to buy it first, so if you get there and there is a line of people, your first served. I used to work at target in the electronics dept and we had no way to keep track of pre-orders, there is no system setup for that, hence why no information is taken when you per-order.

So Reservation Card= Speed Pass

That's it, so I will not even bother with there pre-orders.

Went to the closer Target by my house tonight, no cards on display, but got ahold of the guy walking around with the tool that looks up inventory, I tried to find the number here in the thread on the phone, but he found it before I did.

Turned out the cards were in the back stock room, he went back and brought me 1 blk out I asked what was left he told me 4 deluxe editions were left, so I assume they still had 5 white versions left too.

He goes to ring me up and it scanned for $5 I'm like I just got a preorder the other day and they charged me $1. Im like hold on, I have the card and receipt out in the car.

Bring it back he walks me up to customer service where I guess one of the head ladies couldn't do any price adjustments so they had to call LOD whatever that is and he said go ahead and charge me a $1

[quote name='Drclaw411']There is going to be a shitstorm if Walmart sends back order emails, then still ships and charges for all the extras that people were forced to buy in the bundle.

"No Wii U for you. But here is your wiimote plus and NSMBU. Kthnksbai."[/QUOTE]
If this happens I'm going to be real upset. I ordered fairly early on Sept. 18. Plus I have two more games coming from Newegg I sure hope I get shipped on time.

All of this Target nonsense sounds exactly as such: why can't Target set aside 5 white, 5 black, and DON'T TOUCH EM! Seriously, everything was so standardized-- every store got the same amount of preorder cards, so a simple memo could fix everything. Hope Target winds up doing the right thing.

it's not nonsense, when you reserve a game anywhere you have to give them your pick up info, target doesn't do this because they don't actually hold the reserves, its first come first serve. The reserve card is just a first in line pass, they are not going to put consoles on hold because you paid a $1 for a card, seriously think about that. If someone comes in and wants to buy a wii u and there like no, someone purchased our $1 reserve cards, so were going to hold our consoles for who ever that was, you think that's a smart business decision.

well i think one way to be proactive about getting a wii u with your preorder card is to write to target and ask them how they are gonna do it. I think if enough people write to them they may take this preorder business more serious. hopefully they will figure out a definite plan and send out a memo before the launch?

heres the link to their contact us page http://www.target.com/HelpContent?h...ontact_us/contact_us.html&lnk=gfot_t_spc_1_25

[quote name='beatngurnuts']it's not nonsense, when you reserve a game anywhere you have to give them your pick up info, target doesn't do this because they don't actually hold the reserves, its first come first serve. The reserve card is just a first in line pass, they are not going to put consoles on hold because you paid a $1 for a card, seriously think about that. If someone comes in and wants to buy a wii u and there like no, someone purchased our $1 reserve cards, so were going to hold our consoles for who ever that was, you think that's a smart business decision.[/QUOTE]
That is precisely what I expect due to the terms on the reservation card. I expect my system to be reserved for 7 days because the card says it will be, not because I blindly expect that.

I remember when MW3 hardened edition came out and Target had 4 copies. I bought 2 and another lady behind me was trying to buy 2. The guy told her that he could only sell her one because the other was being held for a preorder. So either Target has a way to see how many preorders should be held or that employee was just trying to hold one for himself.

the system does keep track off how many preorders have been sold. they have room to put them in lockup in the back. plus we did not get any emails about how the cards are fast passes when they open. they are supposed to hold the system. not sure if they will hold them for 7 days since if you havent picked it up within the first few days odd on are you are not gonna pick it up but they should. also i think they rang up for $1 dollar as a glitch at first since it is supposed to be $5 for the reservation.

Hey, stop by your local Walmart and try laying one away. Today after pkayibg the console at GameStop I wanted to preorder one. They have a "waiting list" till February. lol Went to Walmart for random stuff and went to pick up photos while I was in line read the layaway sign. I put 2 on layaway 20% each down. (10% is required). She said they were allowed to do 8 more at that location.

Targets SAP system alerts the associate to pull the remaining res tags when a certain number is reached. I'm sure many times they get left there. They should stop scanning lol

I got a reserve card from target tonight.

The target reservation card works in the way that you need to show the card to pick up your Wii U.

This is what the card says.

The reserved merchandise for this card will be held at the counter in the electronic dept. for seven days after the national release date at the target stor where purchased. After those seven days Target will not be responsible for holding your reserved copy. Reservation card cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.

You must present the reservation card to pick up your reserved copy of Wii U black video game console and receive your $5 target giftcard. The $5 reservation card purchase price is not valid as credit on purchase of the reserved game console.

[quote name='otogi']I got a reserve card from target tonight.

The target reservation card works in the way that you need to show the card to pick up your Wii U.

This is what the card says.

The reserved merchandise for this card will be held at the counter in the electronic dept. for seven days after the national release date at the target stor where purchased. After those seven days Target will not be responsible for holding your reserved copy. Reservation card cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.

You must present the reservation card to pick up your reserved copy of Wii U black video game console and receive your $5 target giftcard. The $5 reservation card purchase price is not valid as credit on purchase of the reserved game console.[/QUOTE]

No one doubts what the cards say, I think the issue here is whether each store will follow these instructions and actually reserve them for the people with the cards or just sell them to whoever shows up.

I've got a reservation card for 2 Target stores just in case lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back