Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BigRedWhat']I don't think you can take too much from the Wal-Mart shipping dates. For the two orders I placed today it indicates that they will arrive between 11/21 and 11/26. For the orders I placed on 10/14 it indicates they will arrive between 11/27 and 11/29.[/QUOTE]

Well I ordered mine in 9/18, & it's slated to arrive between 11/20 and 11/26 I emailed and the rep claimed it should arrive in 2 to 3 days from ship date which will be the 19th that would be fine with me. I have a black pro controoler and Zombie all slated within the same time. I hope they f it up.
I heard of some people who pre ordered very recently that they are getting cancellations. So who knows?

[quote name='bojay1997']It makes perfect sense. Target is not equipped to take real preorders and you get a $5 gift card in exchange for the $5 you are putting down. So, you are really risking nothing and Target could care less who they sell to since the consoles will sell out regardless. It also cuts down on resellers while legit buyers can get there at opening and get their console without having to camp out. I'm really not seeing the problem.[/QUOTE]

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE ?!?!?

ARE YOU EVEN JOKING ?!?!?

Perfect sense is the LAST statement that should be used to discribe this situation. Did it not occur to you that most peoples work schedules will not allow them to go out at 12 midnight OR early in the morning? even on a weekend. To only pass out pre order cards that dont hold a console not only dosent make sense, but its probably the stupidest idea i've heard. Lets not forget its false advertising (not sure if its legal or not) because it CLEARLY states they will hold the console. I dont know where people get these theories where they think every other person who wants a wii is a scalper. But what I do know is that trying to justify what target is doing is nothing short of preposterous.

So my Gamestop had a demo console in store. I was surprised to see it. I played Rayman Legends. The game was fun but I was honestly not a fan of the 2 screen system. It was like I never knew which screen they wanted me to bee looking at. It played better almost as a handheld than an actually console game. The controller was pretty good though. A lot better than I expected. It fits your hands well and it is not heavy but I would not want to play any FPS with in. The button placement are just not ideal for that. Anyway, I think most of you will be happy with the unit but I am fine with waiting.

[quote name='BigJoe']IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE ?!?!?

Perfect sense is the LAST statement that should be used to discribe this situation. Did it not occur to you that most peoples work schedules will not allow them to go out at 12 midnight OR early in the morning? even on a weekend. To only pass out pre order cards that dont hold a console not only dosent make sense, but its probably the stupidest idea i've heard. Lets not forget its false advertising (not sure if its legal or not) because it CLEARLY states they will hold the console. I dont know where people get these theories where they think every other person who wants a wii is a scalper. But what I do know is that trying to justify what target is doing is nothing short of preposterous.[/QUOTE]

Target opens at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday. If you can't make it, perhaps you can ask a family member or a friend to please go pick it up for you. If you want more of a guarantee, there were a number of other retailers that did traditional preorders including Gamestop and Best Buy. As far as scalpers, most of this thread is filled with people saying they preordered multiples to resell. Considering most scalpers don't even post what they are doing, I think it's safe to assume that there are lots of flippers and resellers out there and I guarantee Craigslist in every part of the country will have tons of units for sale at well above MSRP come Sunday the 18th.

I don't think Target any anyone else really cares if they sell consoles to "flippers" or "legit costumers"

349.99 is the same from both to them.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']GTA V isn't coming to wii u the same da ythe 360 and px3 versions come out :([/QUOTE]
Who cares? The Wii_U is a epic fail just like this whole thread.

[quote name='bojay1997']Simple, you have to be there at opening to get a unit if you have the card. This very thread is full of people claiming they have picked up multiple Target preorder cards at multiple locations. If all Targets follow the same protocol, those flippers will only be able to pick up from one store unless they have a large family or many friends that will join in their foolishness. No legit customer is going to be upset because they will be there at opening to get the unit. The only people that are going to be upset are the people who have already sold these on Amazon or Ebay or Craigslist and won't be able to fulfill their orders as they won't be able to get the units.[/QUOTE]

then what is the point of a preorder card that says the item is reserved if you have to wait in line anyway? The point of a preorder would be to avoid waiting in line, not making you wait in line!

[quote name='beatngurnuts']What I am trying to do is warn people about target's pre-order cards and that they do not have a real system in place to handle there pre-orders. I worked there for a short time in the electronics dept and not once do I ever remember a game being held for a pre-order. I am not trying to discourage people from going there, I am just saying don't count on those reserve cards as a guarantee your going to get a system.[/QUOTE]

Yea I had my vita and 3ds preordered there. They don't keep track at all of preorders or hold any back. Luckily handhelds never sellout on launch. I wouldn't trust them for a console unless I was camping out.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']then what is the point of a preorder card that says the item is reserved if you have to wait in line anyway? The point of a preorder would be to avoid waiting in line, not making you wait in line![/QUOTE]

The point of a preorder is to get priority over people who haven't had the foresight to preorder. That's exactly what Target is giving you for $5 which is not only fully refundable, but will give you a $5 gift card when you pick up the item. They don't owe you more than that and anyone who thinks they are going to experience some full service preorder ala Gamestop is in for a nasty surprise on Sunday the 18th.

[quote name='bojay1997']The point of a preorder is to get priority over people who haven't had the foresight to preorder. That's exactly what Target is giving you for $5 which is not only fully refundable, but will give you a $5 gift card when you pick up the item. They don't owe you more than that and anyone who thinks they are going to experience some full service preorder ala Gamestop is in for a nasty surprise on Sunday the 18th.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why its ok and expected for Target to be any worse than best buy, gamestop, wal-mart, etc. If they aren't going to abide by the rules listed on their own pre-order cards, they shouldnt sell them at all.

[quote name='Deader2818']I don't get why its ok and expected for Target to be any worse than best buy, gamestop, wal-mart, etc. If they aren't going to abide by the rules listed on their own pre-order cards, they shouldnt sell them at all.[/QUOTE]

What's the exact wording on the cards?

I went and messed with the Wii U at GS today. They had a Rayman demo which was fun. I wasn't planning on purchasing that game but I think I will now when it is released. The new controller is pretty nice. It does have a very plastic and toy like feel but it is not bad like it sounds. It feels nice to hold. I thought that it was basically a tablet and would be thin like that and uncomfortable to hold but it has nice hand grips on the back and is lighter than it looks. About the same weight as a 360 controller I would say. The screen on the controller and the image the U output both look awesome. I'm looking forward to its release.

It may or may not benefit me, but I went into Walmart today and added another console added to my layaway. When I asked if anymore were available, the two folks working there told me that there isn't a limit. Nobody at these stores can get their damn story straight.

[quote name='confoosious']What's the exact wording on the cards?[/QUOTE]

From what people have posted, the cards say Target will hold the unit for 7 days before placing it on the shelf to be sold. From what others have posted, Target employees have essentially said that the cards are little more than a pass to the front of the line on the 18th.

The reserved merchandise for this card will be held at the counter in the Electronics Department for seven days after the national release date, at the Target store where purchased. After those seven days, Target will not be responsible for holding your reserved copy. Reservation Card cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.

item will be held for 7 days.
Also the $5 or $1 for the preorder is not refundable.

[quote name='confoosious']Seems pretty straight forward to me.[/QUOTE]

Except that Target Employee's are directly contradicting this. Seems like a mess to me. Glad I got my pre order online at Walmart, don't have to go anywhere or pick anything up or stand in line. I won't have it day one but soon after I will. Its really very close now, I'm getting kind of excited even.

[quote name='bojay1997'] That's exactly what Target is giving you for $5 which is not only fully refundable, but will give you a $5 gift card when you pick up the item. They don't owe you more than that .[/QUOTE]

It says directly on the card: "The reserved merchandise for this card will be held at the counter in the Electronics Department for seven days after the national release date, at the Target store where purchased."

They owe us exactly what is on the card, which says nothing about waiting in line. It says on the card the item is reserved, how can you say they do they not owe us that? They owe us more than that not sure why you don't understand it. Obviously they do not have to honor this, but then they are LYING and it is wrong. Target is going to be a disaster and I hope enough customers who don't know about this "waiting in line" get upset enough to stop shopping at target.

i agree, not honoring the text on the card is some bullshit

if Target doesn't know how to do pre-orders properly, they shouldn't be making these cards at all

What's written on the card is what corporate wants. What's actually done is what the individual Target store/Electronics manager wants. It's unfair for the consumer, but life goes on.

I think on launch day anyone who has a reservation card and picks it up from Target should come back here and discuss how it went. Even though the manager tell us one story today, who knows how it really turns out. Maybe they'll wise up before launch day after corporate sends out a memo that describes the entire process from start to finish just like how Walmart did for their own layaway program, and then everyone will be happy. :)

That's exactly what is says on the card, but if the managers aren't getting with the program, then they could careless.

What are you going to do, Sue them? Punch them in the face?

I guess it is YMMV with those cards.

So I was in Gamestop today and a woman and her kids were trading in what appeared to be their entire Wii collection and they were asking about the Wii U. Maybe this is because they finally have a Wii U demo unit up (with Rayman as the only playable demo - WTF Nintendo!?).

The clerk told her that corporate says they are sold out of their allotment until next year. I asked him about it afterwards because I wanted to be sure my preorder (which was the first at the store) was going to get me a day 1 console. He said the 10 they took before the preorders got cut off are good for day one. But with the subsequent waiting list they are into next year before those will all be fulfilled. Now they might just be saying that to be safe (so no one who signs up now expects it before Christmas), but it is a good sign that they have a decent amount of people on those waiting lists.

He also said he hasn't heard one way or another but with the initial preorders limited to 10, it is pretty unlikely that there will be a midnight launch. That is kind of disappointing as I remember the excitement of getting the Wii late Saturday night and setting it up on my own while everyone was asleep. But I understand the lack of desire to do a midnight launch for just 10 people - though the Wii preorder numbers were about the same I think.

But everyone says they will be readily available?!?!

GameStop is likely playing it safe. I do see them selling out instantly for the next few months.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']GTA V isn't coming to wii u the same day the 360 and ps3 versions come out :([/QUOTE]

Where'd you hear this?

I'm hoping Hitman: Absolution makes it to Wii U eventually but only vague Square Enix-related rumors so far.

[quote name='BigJoe']IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE ?!?!?

Perfect sense is the LAST statement that should be used to discribe this situation. Did it not occur to you that most peoples work schedules will not allow them to go out at 12 midnight OR early in the morning? even on a weekend. To only pass out pre order cards that dont hold a console not only dosent make sense, but its probably the stupidest idea i've heard. Lets not forget its false advertising (not sure if its legal or not) because it CLEARLY states they will hold the console. I dont know where people get these theories where they think every other person who wants a wii is a scalper. But what I do know is that trying to justify what target is doing is nothing short of preposterous.[/QUOTE]

I agree. and if anyone who says otherwise reads the card and understands that 1) your payment for the card is non refundable. 2) target makes an agreement (contract) in exchange for the 'non refundable' payment 3) target states they will hold the item for 7 days 4) you paid target to hold the item for 7 days 5) the gift card target offers you upon purchase of the item is an intensive for you to buy the item. 6) the card is not a speed pass

[quote name='bojay1997']The point of a preorder is to get priority over people who haven't had the foresight to preorder. That's exactly what Target is giving you for $5 which is not only fully refundable, but will give you a $5 gift card when you pick up the item. They don't owe you more than that and anyone who thinks they are going to experience some full service preorder ala Gamestop is in for a nasty surprise on Sunday the 18th.[/QUOTE]

you are wrong bro, read the card. card clearly states non returnable, that means no refund, bro.

Yeah... I'm not sure why Bojay is defending poor customer service. I personally would not have cared how Target handles the Wii U. They could have just thrown them in a big pile and told the line outside to start diving for them. The point is the card promises a 7 day hold, and that's what they should deliver, because THEY promise it. This isn't self entitlement at this point. If they don't hold the consoles for 7 days, it's poor customer service. No, not the end of the world, but still a shitty way to handle things.

[quote name='rayfrombk']What's written on the card is what corporate wants. What's actually done is what the individual Target store/Electronics manager wants. It's unfair for the consumer, but life goes on.

I think on launch day anyone who has a reservation card and picks it up from Target should come back here and discuss how it went. Even though the manager tell us one story today, who knows how it really turns out. Maybe they'll wise up before launch day after corporate sends out a memo that describes the entire process from start to finish just like how Walmart did for their own layaway program, and then everyone will be happy. :)[/QUOTE]

Every target employee is a "manager" when it comes to dealing with the customer, lol.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah... I'm not sure why Bojay is defending poor customer service. I personally would not have cared how Target handles the Wii U. They could have just thrown them in a big pile and told the line outside to start diving for them. The point is the card promises a 7 day hold, and that's what they should deliver, because THEY promise it. This isn't self entitlement at this point. If they don't hold the consoles for 7 days, it's poor customer service. No, not the end of the world, but still a shitty way to handle things.[/QUOTE]

The way target works, from my understanding, is that every employee is empowered to help a customer just like a manager. If an employee says something (right or wrong) it is backed by everyone else (unless the employee was being too generous to the guest). Any target employee who says that the item Bojay wants (bubble gum for example) has no limit, and Bojay can by 100 units, can be overturned by any employee that wants to limit Bojay.... but any employee that tells Bojay the limit is 1 is always supported, no matter who told Bojay.

On that note, any employee who tells Bojay that you are entitled to less than what target agreed to, via the preorder card, is always supported.

The key to all this is AP handles the preorder allotment and AP is a different beast, they tell the electronics employees who gets the preorders and the electronics employees do as AP says or are fired.

So, any employee can tell Bojay that the preorder cards are a fast pass... AP knows otherwise.

The target fast pass probably is only one of the features of pre ordering, they probably will send an allocated amount just for preorders. I believe this because I think toyrus, walmart, target have the same preorder card system.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Basic & Deluxe Edition are available for pre-order at Amazon.ca.

:wii: Nintendo Wii U Basic Edition ($299.99 CDN) / Deluxe Edition ($349.99 CDN) @ Amazon.ca

Price: $299.99 CDN / $349.99 CDN
Release Date: November 20, 2012
Link: Basic Edition / Deluxe Edition[/QUOTE]

Isn't the Wii U region locked? :cold:

[quote name='sentry9']I per-ordered mine from a place in our mall called FYE. I hope they are good about these things.[/QUOTE]

I've heard of this FYE, but thought it was just a myth.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Basic & Deluxe Edition are available for pre-order at Amazon.ca.

:wii: Nintendo Wii U Basic Edition ($299.99 CDN) / Deluxe Edition ($349.99 CDN) @ Amazon.ca

Anyone have any luck with this? When I try, it will not let me ship to the US.

This works out to a few cents more than what you'd pay in the US according to Google. It looks like Amazon CA doesn't ship video games directly to the US though so you'll need an middle man if you live in the states.

Something a but off-topic but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet is that no ones mentioned how LONG the Wii U is. I played on in GS Friday night and its at least 6 inches longer than the Wii!! I'm seriously concerned about whether or not it will fit in my entertainment center and still allow me to close the glass. It truly befuddles me why they designed it like that. The sales guy pointed out that all the pictures show the length of the console obscured by the controller (which IS the main selling point) but I have to think its intentional.

[quote name='thundarr']Something a but off-topic but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet is that no ones mentioned how LONG the Wii U is. I played on in GS Friday night and its at least 6 inches longer than the Wii!! I'm seriously concerned about whether or not it will fit in my entertainment center and still allow me to close the glass. It truly befuddles me why they designed it like that. The sales guy pointed out that all the pictures show the length of the console obscured by the controller (which IS the main selling point) but I have to think its intentional.[/QUOTE]

You don't own a 360 or PS3?

[quote name='thundarr']Something a but off-topic but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet is that no ones mentioned how LONG the Wii U is. I played on in GS Friday night and its at least 6 inches longer than the Wii!! I'm seriously concerned about whether or not it will fit in my entertainment center and still allow me to close the glass. It truly befuddles me why they designed it like that. The sales guy pointed out that all the pictures show the length of the console obscured by the controller (which IS the main selling point) but I have to think its intentional.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the exact same thing, and wondered why they didn't add a bit more to the width, so as to shorten it up a bit. It's awkward looking as it is, and a strange design choice to be sure. I was, however, impressed with the controller's screen quality and resolution. Simply stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back