Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Target in Turnersville, NJ had 3 cards left for the Deluxe and 5 for the Basic. I grabbed a Deluxe card so there are 2 left if anyone is in the area.

[quote name='thundarr']Something a but off-topic but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet is that no ones mentioned how LONG the Wii U is. I played on in GS Friday night and its at least 6 inches longer than the Wii!! I'm seriously concerned about whether or not it will fit in my entertainment center and still allow me to close the glass. It truly befuddles me why they designed it like that. The sales guy pointed out that all the pictures show the length of the console obscured by the controller (which IS the main selling point) but I have to think its intentional.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? The Wii U is practically the same height, less than an inch wider and only about two inches longer than the Wii, and it's smaller than both the PS3 and XBOX 350... and smaller than most DVD/Blu-ray players.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/05/wii-u-vs-wii-size-comparison/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Paladinion']Nothing wrong with a little bit more length and girth ; )[/QUOTE]
[quote name='musha666']Oh wow that is deep. Kind of annoying. I still think it should fit in my entertainment center though. I would have guessed it was half as long than it is.[/QUOTE]

That's what they said.

The Wal-Mart in Falcon, Colorado has Deluxe Pre-orders available. Went there Thursday and was surprised to find out only 6 had been Pre-ordered at that location.

[quote name='Paladinion']Nothing wrong with a little bit more length and girth ; )[/QUOTE]

i've been arguing the opposite for years. for some odd reasons i haven't found any girls that believe me though.

I went to target today and asked them how they were going to do their Wii-U reserves since I bought a card.

They guaranteed me that they will have them behind the counter and reserved and I don't have to wait in line. They said each item is not tied to a specific person, so they don't ask for your name or number, but they can only be received if you had a card, so aslong as you have the card you can get one from the reserves.

Hopefully the guy was right and isn't just telling me BS

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I went to target today and asked them how they were going to do their Wii-U reserves since I bought a card.

They guaranteed me that they will have them behind the counter and reserved and I don't have to wait in line. They said each item is not tied to a specific person, so they don't ask for your name or number, but they can only be received if you had a card, so aslong as you have the card you can get one from the reserves.

Hopefully the guy was right and isn't just telling me BS[/QUOTE]
It's unbelievable, every employee has a different story, that place is so halfassed, I'm glad I did not bother with them. GOOD LUCK Target buyers!

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I went to target today and asked them how they were going to do their Wii-U reserves since I bought a card.

Hopefully the guy was right and isn't just telling me BS[/QUOTE]
I'm going to go into Target a couple days before Wii U launch and talk to them about the whole situation. At this point in time I don't think the employees have any idea of how the launch is going to go down. I figure I will probably go there an hour before they open on Sunday to ensure I get my console. One benefit of Nintendo launching on a Sunday is that most of us don't have to work.

[quote name='thundarr']Something a but off-topic but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet is that no ones mentioned how LONG the Wii U is. I played on in GS Friday night and its at least 6 inches longer than the Wii!! I'm seriously concerned about whether or not it will fit in my entertainment center and still allow me to close the glass. It truly befuddles me why they designed it like that. The sales guy pointed out that all the pictures show the length of the console obscured by the controller (which IS the main selling point) but I have to think its intentional.[/QUOTE]

Preorder cancelled. I also slapped the clerk and knocked a magazine rack over on the way out. Shame on Nintendo and that guy I smacked.

[quote name='Slowdance']Preorder cancelled. I also slapped the clerk and knocked a magazine rack over on the way out. Shame on Nintendo and that guy I smacked.[/QUOTE]

Backhand or fronthand?

[quote name='D.Choy']I'm going to go into Target a couple days before Wii U launch and talk to them about the whole situation. At this point in time I don't think the employees have any idea of how the launch is going to go down. I figure I will probably go there an hour before they open on Sunday to ensure I get my console. One benefit of Nintendo launching on a Sunday is that most of us don't have to work.[/QUOTE]

..and that everyone else is piss drunk and too hungover to get up early to get the console. :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']God forbid Nintendo design something that doesn't fit your entertainment system. What were they thinking?![/QUOTE]

They are leaving room for a Wii U "slim" or "mini" in the future and milking it as much as possible. :bouncy:

[quote name='rayfrombk']They are leaving room for a Wii U "slim" or "mini" in the future and milking it as much as possible. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Christmas Season 2013

Wii U without backwards wii compatibilty to save costs

Finally saw a demo after hitting 3 GameStops and a Best Buy that didn't have it. The gamepad was incredibly light and the picture quality was pretty amazing. I'm very excited and I hope that I can get one of my preorders to come thru.

Tried my local target and no cards to be found. Gave employee at electronics the DCPI# and said he showed 5 but didn't know where they were. After waiting about 15 min for him to look he comes back and says they were sold. I asked why it said there was still 5 available. He just shrugged and said it probably hasn't updated in their system. Sounds like they holding them. Oh well... good luck for those trying Target , the seasonal workers don't know what's going on.

I picked up my card from Target on Monday. I decided to stroll in tonight and see if any cards remained on the shelf. Didn't see any and the little tab marking "Wii U Preorder" was completely removed. I guess these "fast passes" or whatever you want to call em flew off the shelves within a couple of days.

Quoting for truth. The fucking thing is long as shit.

Just as a heads-up about Target, employees get their bonuses based off of merchandising and presentation, not by helping customers (hence the reason why all of their fixtures are considered part of their inventory; Kohl's does something similar).

They don't give a rat's ass about you not being able to pick up your "new Wii".

[quote name='musha666']Oh wow that is deep. Kind of annoying. I still think it should fit in my entertainment center though. I would have guessed it was half as long than it is.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely long, but it looks longer than it is due to the fact that the height and width are so small. I'm sure Nintendo is smart enough to limit the length to no longer than a typical stereo component. While it looks awkward sitting on a table, I think it's kind of brilliant. Tucked in an entertainment system, it'll look small and sleek and not take up much space. The space issue in most entertainment centers has to do with width and height, not length.

[quote name='ProppaT']It's definitely long, but it looks longer than it is due to the fact that the height and width are so small. I'm sure Nintendo is smart enough to limit the length to no longer than a typical stereo component. While it looks awkward sitting on a table, I think it's kind of brilliant. Tucked in an entertainment system, it'll look small and sleek and not take up much space. The space issue in most entertainment centers has to do with width and height, not length.[/QUOTE]

Did you check those 2 Targets I told you about?

[quote name='Slowdance']Preorder cancelled. I also slapped the clerk and knocked a magazine rack over on the way out. Shame on Nintendo and that guy I smacked.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't make it out to those. I ended up finding one at the Castleberry/17-92 Target. I think that most of the Targets in the area probably still had them when I started my hunt, it's just the two that I was checking were in the middle of UCF/Full Sail territory.

Thanks for the heads up, though!

[quote name='Nintendonly']Just as a heads-up about Target, employees get their bonuses based off of merchandising and presentation, not by helping customers (hence the reason why all of their fixtures are considered part of their inventory; Kohl's does something similar).

They don't give a rat's ass about you not being able to pick up your "new Wii".[/QUOTE]

When I worked at Target there was never a chance at a bonus and they put a large emphasis on customer service...

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']When I worked at Target there was never a chance at a bonus and they put a large emphasis on customer service...[/QUOTE]

+1

Employees are rated on customer satisfaction surveys and call button response time.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']When I worked at Target there was never a chance at a bonus and they put a large emphasis on customer service...[/QUOTE]

+1 here too, this is correct (although it has been 15 years since I worked at Target, I doubt much has changed).

[quote name='Nintendonly']Just as a heads-up about Target, employees get their bonuses based off of merchandising and presentation, not by helping customers (hence the reason why all of their fixtures are considered part of their inventory; Kohl's does something similar).

They don't give a rat's ass about you not being able to pick up your "new Wii".[/QUOTE]

What bonuses? I work at Target and can assure you that no one is getting bonuses for keeping up presentation. They only push electronics members to sell attachments like crazy, but they never get anything but a high five in return. Lately, the store I work at has been all about this "Vibe" program - bending over (you decide what direction) to keep the guests as happy as possible, not unlike Disney World or something.

Now as far as the Wii U pickup process. I would recommend you KEEP THE RECEIPT along with the reservation card. This proves that you reserved the system at that store and if they don't have the system, you then have the right to flip out and give them the Seinfeld speech on reservations :). I have a bad feeling team members are going to just look and see if you have the reservation card and then hand over a system, regardless if you reserved it at that store or another. As you can imagine, they will never question or accuse anyone of lying and will hand the system over to anyone with a card that tells them "Yes, I reserved it here."

I think Target's reservation and pickup process is the laziest ever. At least have a name attached to each reservation or require that the guest keep a receipt proving they purchased the card at that particular store. The only thing they do is look at the total of reservation cards sold and keep that number stacked behind the register. I would bet a lot of money that there will be some furious guests on November 18th when they go to pick up their Wii U and find out they sold them all to people who either didn't reserve it at that store or didn't reserve it at all. Keep your card and receipt!

[quote name='ProppaT']No, I didn't make it out to those. I ended up finding one at the Castleberry/17-92 Target. I think that most of the Targets in the area probably still had them when I started my hunt, it's just the two that I was checking were in the middle of UCF/Full Sail territory.

Thanks for the heads up, though![/QUOTE]

I have checked Lake Mary and Sanford on Rinehart and nada. I didn't go completely out of my way to look since I am reserved at Wal-Mart but they weren't visible.

[quote name='ONIN']Tried my local target and no cards to be found. Gave employee at electronics the DCPI# and said he showed 5 but didn't know where they were. After waiting about 15 min for him to look he comes back and says they were sold. I asked why it said there was still 5 available. He just shrugged and said it probably hasn't updated in their system. Sounds like they holding them. Oh well... good luck for those trying Target , the seasonal workers don't know what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Revenge of the Target employees. I was at my Target at 8 this morning when it opened. I have been checking to see if they received the preorder cards for a week now. DCPI checker in store finally showed they were in. Went back to electornics and could not find them. Asked the guy behind the desk if they were in. He said they were taken out of the box earlier in the morning but now he "could not find them." I asked the manager if she could help. She looked around, went back to the store room, came out and said they did not have any left and that they were "all gone." Nice.

[quote name='Deewtaei']The Wal-Mart in Falcon, Colorado has Deluxe Pre-orders available. Went there Thursday and was surprised to find out only 6 had been Pre-ordered at that location.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'm #7 at the store I went to.

Just confirming Target (B&M) just received reserve cards for the WiiU. There will be 10 per store (5 deluxe & 5 normal). It's $5 down & you get a $5 gift card when you pick up..

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Just confirming Target (B&M) just received reserve cards for the WiiU. There will be 10 per store (5 deluxe & 5 normal). It's $5 down & you get a $5 gift card when you pick up..[/QUOTE]

Well, if they only got 5 preorder cards per store (per model), I'm hoping that I *should* be guaranteed one at Target. My friend bought 3 deluxe preorder cards and I bought 2.

Im highly upset at all of retailers being sold out of PREORDERS. How is that shit even possible? It hasnt even been made yet! Is there any chance of any stores having consoles that are NOT apart of the preorders? Or are they only shipping out preorders? Espicially if preorders are sold out?

The only thing that keeps me calm is knowing there is only ONE game I want to play which zombieU. One game is not enough to to buy a console, add in the fact Nintendo will surely revise the hardware in the coming or two, with upgraded hdd space, it might be a blessing in disguise I didnt get a preorder.

I received a call from Walmart - left a voicemail asking to confirm I still wanted my pre-order (online) and that if I did not call back in 24 hours my order could be cancelled (i used my debit card so there was plenty of funds to back it).

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Im highly upset at all of retailers being sold out of PREORDERS. How is that shit even possible? It hasnt even been made yet! [/QUOTE]

Just because they haven't been made yet doesn't mean they don't know how many will be made. Whatever that number is so many have been set aside for preorders, and those preorders have been purchased. Does that clear it up for you?

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Just confirming Target (B&M) just received reserve cards for the WiiU. There will be 10 per store (5 deluxe & 5 normal). It's $5 down & you get a $5 gift card when you pick up..[/QUOTE]

Just confirming that Hurricane Sandy has just formed in the Atlantic. :lol:

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Im highly upset at all of retailers being sold out of PREORDERS. How is that shit even possible? It hasnt even been made yet! Is there any chance of any stores having consoles that are NOT apart of the preorders? Or are they only shipping out preorders? Espicially if preorders are sold out?

The only thing that keeps me calm is knowing there is only ONE game I want to play which zombieU. One game is not enough to to buy a console, add in the fact Nintendo will surely revise the hardware in the coming or two, with upgraded hdd space, it might be a blessing in disguise I didnt get a preorder.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, since Nintendo always brings out newer and advanced versions of their consoles. Let's see, uh, NES? No. SNES? No. N64? No. GameCube? No. Wii? Uh, they took out the GameCube compatibiilty and never made it HDnor did they add a hard drive. As far as consoles go, it looks like you might be better off getting it at launch dude.

Thanks for keeping on top of things, buddy. Not sure what we would do without you.

[quote name='thundarr']Yeah, since Nintendo always brings out newer and advanced versions of their consoles. Let's see, uh, NES? No. SNES? No. N64? No. GameCube? No. Wii? Uh, they took out the GameCube compatibiilty and never made it HDnor did they add a hard drive. As far as consoles go, it looks like you might be better off getting it at launch dude.[/QUOTE]
You're kidding, right?

NES:
250px-NES-Console-Set.png
300px-NES-101-Console-Set.jpg
200px-Sharp_C1_NES_TV_14C-C1F.png

250px-Famicom-Console-Set.png
250px-Sharp-Twin-Famicom-Console.png

SNES:
250px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.png
300px-SNES-Model-2-Set.jpg

240px-Super-Famicom-Console-Set.png
SF-1_SNES_TV.jpg

N64:
250px-N64-Console-Set.png
250px-IQue-Player.png

Gamecube:
220px-GameCube-Console-Set.png
250px-Panasonic-Q-Console-Set.png

And that's only the consoles... Granted, a few of these are Japan-only, but I think you get the point.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Thanks for keeping on top of things, buddy. Not sure what we would do without you.

You're kidding, right?

NES:

SNES:

SF-1_SNES_TV.jpg

N64:
250px-IQue-Player.png

Gamecube:

And that's only the consoles... Granted, a few of these are Japan-only, but I think you get the point.[/QUOTE]

"A few of those are Japan only"? Only 2 of those were released here, and in extremely small quantities...

[quote name='ZombieToast']Thanks for keeping on top of things, buddy. Not sure what we would do without you.

You're kidding, right?

NES:

SNES:

SF-1_SNES_TV.jpg

N64:
250px-IQue-Player.png

Gamecube:

And that's only the consoles... Granted, a few of these are Japan-only, but I think you get the point.[/QUOTE]

Not one of these was actually an upgrade of any sort. They merely changed the casing style to keep interest in the system during its natural life cycle. The GameCube one could arguably be called an upgrade since it played DVDs, but it never came out over here. Microsoft and Sony HAVE upgraded their consoles with more power efficient processors and larger hard drives, but I stand behind my assertion on Nintendo that you may as well get it out of the gate.

Dude the only time Nintendo actually upgrades their "consoles" is when you refer to handhelds. Gameboy -> Gameboy color -> Gameboy micro or DS -> DSlite -> DSi -> XL or 3ds -> 3ds XL. I don't think you have much argument with the consoles especially like other people have pointed out the changes were aesthetics and most of which were only available in Japan.

If you are talking about console upgrades, it typically takes anywhere between 2 - 4 years and the changes are minimal. Look at the Xbox 360, the only huge change was the fatty to the slim and that took a handful of years; same idea with the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back