Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']Someone on slickdeals said he bought 30 of these cards at Target. Are you serious, bro?![/QUOTE]

That guy is retarded those cards will only work when he goes to pay his $5 for his reserve at Target and all stores are only getting a small order just to fufill their preorders. So he bought a bunch of reserve cards for nothing.

[quote name='thundarr']Yeah, since Nintendo always brings out newer and advanced versions of their consoles. Let's see, uh, NES? No. SNES? No. N64? No. GameCube? No. Wii? Uh, they took out the GameCube compatibiilty and never made it HDnor did they add a hard drive. As far as consoles go, it looks like you might be better off getting it at launch dude.[/QUOTE]

Thats not fair though. In the Big N's defense, all those console mentioned were already built (imo) with the best possible build, think about it, could they have really revised the n64 or gamecube? And make no mistake, the snes WAS a revision of the NES, in every way. So the answer is no. But what about the handhelds? we all know how many times they revised game boys. Also take into account Nintendo has never had a console with a sufficient amount of upgradeable hdd memory. If you dont think Nintendo wont release a WiiU with larger hdd space in the next 2 years at the same price point if not a littler higher than the price now, then hopefully re-reading this will change your mind.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Just confirming Target (B&M) just received reserve cards for the WiiU. There will be 10 per store (5 deluxe & 5 normal). It's $5 down & you get a $5 gift card when you pick up..[/QUOTE]
Just confirming Tony Romo sucks

[quote name='cold_young_thug']
Thats not fair though. In the Big N's defense, all those console mentioned were already built (imo) with the best possible build, think about it, could they have really revised the n64 or gamecube? And make no mistake, the snes WAS a revision of the NES, in every way. So the answer is no. But what about the handhelds? we all know how many times they revised game boys. Also take into account Nintendo has never had a console with a sufficient amount of upgradeable hdd memory. If you dont think Nintendo wont release a WiiU with larger hdd space in the next 2 years at the same price point if not a littler higher than the price now, then hopefully re-reading this will change your mind.
[/QUOTE]

What's the point when you can get an external hard drive?

Ima highly upset at all of retailers being sold out of PREORDERS.
It hasnt even been made yet!
Is there any chance of any stores having consoles that are NOT apart of the preorders?
[/QUOTE]

Some of the components for the consoles start being manufactured up to a year before a launch. The consoles themselves can start being produced up to 6 months before a launch.

Stores will have some consoles available for people without preorders who stand in line. However, stores only received a handful of Xbox 360 with hundreds of people in line who would have bought one if there were more available. So there is never enough consoles to go around for a launch, especially through the holidays.

The only thing that keeps me calm is knowing there is only ONE game I want to play which ZombieU.
[/QUOTE]

It's just my opinion, but ZombieU is not going to be the killer app launch game people are hoping for. Ima hoping it is, but I have reasonable suspicions otherwise learned from the past.

I think zombie U will be one of the more popular games, but I don't think it will be the ''killer app.'' Who knows though :) just three weeks to go!

[quote name='dgwillia006']ZombieU makes me think of Red Steel and how hyped it was. I'll stick to Tekken Tag 2 and Warriors Orochi 3 at launch[/QUOTE]

Have you played this? Warriors Orochi 3
This isnt a rant of rave or whatever but im actually curious. Im a huge fan of Dynasty warriors and havnt had a chance to play it yet and I was curious if to get it for the Wii U or not.

So far I got:
Nintendo Land (no matter what Big N says, this is a tech demo disk)
Zombie U
Mario (anyone who doesn't get this game...whats wrong with you?)
Black ops 2

Im hoping someone will make some gel skin covers for the Gamepad. I feel like if I dropped it i might really break it its so light....too light for my taste personally but I'm sure I will get used to it.

[quote name='thundarr']Not one of these was actually an upgrade of any sort. They merely changed the casing style to keep interest in the system during its natural life cycle. The GameCube one could arguably be called an upgrade since it played DVDs, but it never came out over here. Microsoft and Sony HAVE upgraded their consoles with more power efficient processors and larger hard drives, but I stand behind my assertion on Nintendo that you may as well get it out of the gate.[/QUOTE]

I know this is splitting hairs, but the top loading NES was a huge upgrade to the original NES. It actually worked. If you're an 8-bit fan, those things are as good as gold.

But, yeah, Nintendo is fairly consistant with their hardware. The original NES was replaced with an identical model that had RCA out (which was a huge improvement). The GameCube was actually degraded when they took away the component video port. Besides the alternate models (SNES "slim", NES toploader), their launch consoles are basically what you get.

[quote name='Paladinion']Have you played this? Warriors Orochi 3
This isnt a rant of rave or whatever but im actually curious. Im a huge fan of Dynasty warriors and havnt had a chance to play it yet and I was curious if to get it for the Wii U or not.

So far I got:
Nintendo Land (no matter what Big N says, this is a tech demo disk)
Zombie U
Mario (anyone who doesn't get this game...whats wrong with you?)
Black ops 2

Im hoping someone will make some gel skin covers for the Gamepad. I feel like if I dropped it i might really break it its so light....too light for my taste personally but I'm sure I will get used to it.[/QUOTE]
Warriors orochi 3 is basically the combination of dynasty warriors 7/Ex and samurai warriors 3 and adds some original characters to equal out 130+ iirc and has good replay value if you want to level everyone up or play some multi player, i have it on the 360 but will be selling that for this version as it has that duel mode(me and a buddy had fun with that in dw4 or 5) and the 4 additional characters the console version did not have (in japan they had a psp game which added rachael(Ninja gaiden) and some new character for the warriors orochi series... if you really enjoy the Warriors series.. pick this up as this is the best game at the moment, only downside i could say is that this game is only in japanese dubbed (koei couldnt afford to pay Voice actors to voice 130+ characters...) but again as i said earlier.. this is a great Warriors game and you can learn of the past games in a menu somewhere in the game if that story is important to ya,(not really important in the game)
also the only way to play this game in the usa is either on wii-u(best version atm) 360 with disk or digital download on the ps3 and i am not sure if they are bringing the dlc over here or not ... or if any dlc was announced for Warriors orochi 3 Hyper.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sensuitomo']Warriors orochi 3 is basically the combination of dynasty warriors 7/Ex and samurai warriors 3 and adds some original characters to equal out 130+ iirc and has good replay value if you want to level everyone up or play some multi player, i have it on the 360 but will be selling that for this version as it has that duel mode(me and a buddy had fun with that in dw4 or 5) and the 4 additional characters the console version did not have (in japan they had a psp game which added rachael(Ninja gaiden) and some new character for the warriors orochi series... if you really enjoy the Warriors series.. pick this up as this is the best game at the moment, only downside i could say is that this game is only in japanese dubbed (koei couldnt afford to pay Voice actors to voice 130+ characters...) but again as i said earlier.. this is a great Warriors game and you can learn of the past games in a menu somewhere in the game if that story is important to ya,(not really important in the game)
also the only way to play this game in the usa is either on wii-u(best version atm) 360 with disk or digital download on the ps3 and i am not sure if they are bringing the dlc over here or not ... or if any dlc was announced for Warriors orochi 3 Hyper.[/QUOTE]

This basically, its really good. Outside of 7, Gundam 3, and One Piece its one of my favorites

i'm kind of glad to be getting nintendoland now with the premium bundle. the initial reports were that it wasn't that great, but apparently after getting some more hands on time with it people in previews have said that it seems like a lot of fun. so i'll have that and nsmb u at launch. i also pre-ordered the lego undercover city game. hopefully the family will enjoy that one.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i'm kind of glad to be getting nintendoland now with the premium bundle. the initial reports were that it wasn't that great, but apparently after getting some more hands on time with it people in previews have said that it seems like a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

I feel like it's a must have.

Whenever you have people visiting or something, it shows them what the Wii U is all about.

I played Zombie U at a private Nintendo showing and it def was fun. It took a few to get used to the controller but after the learning curve it was headshots as normal.

I played most of the launch titles there, New Super Mario seems more of the same so its not going to be my innovative game for this device. Nintendo Land was fun but it was mini games, not really a killer app but good demo of the device.

[quote name='MrBoss']I played Zombie U at a private Nintendo showing and it def was fun. It took a few to get used to the controller but after the learning curve it was headshots as normal.

I played most of the launch titles there, New Super Mario seems more of the same so its not going to be my innovative game for this device. Nintendo Land was fun but it was mini games, not really a killer app but good demo of the device.[/QUOTE]

Did a shooter like ZombiU feel right on the gamepad? This is my only concern.

[quote name='Todmicahels']Did a shooter like ZombiU feel right on the gamepad? This is my only concern.[/QUOTE]

It was a bit odd at first. Looking at the Gamepad for inventory and getting a hang of the controller took maybe 5 minutes. But once you get used to the controller it felt natural moving and shooting and looting.

[quote name='dgwillia006']This basically, its really good. Outside of 7, Gundam 3, and One Piece its one of my favorites[/QUOTE]

Hmm im considering it now, I got Dynasty Warriors Next on my Vita and loved it.

I used the game pad and found it to be extremely comfortable and a very nice fit. I think the people who find it awkward are the people who tend to over analyze everything. You will often find those types of people who tend to find flaws in everything. Its a very comfortable controller ESPECIALLY if you consider it has a 6 inch screen

From what I played of Nintendoland, it is no tech demo. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't played it.

And "Accomplishments" will be at the Miiverse level apparently, so there's that.

[quote name='Paladinion']

Im hoping someone will make some gel skin covers for the Gamepad. I feel like if I dropped it i might really break it its so light....too light for my taste personally but I'm sure I will get used to it.[/QUOTE]

Nerf will have a Nerf armor out for the Gamepad. This is a day one purchase for myself. No way am I letting the kids touch the gamepad without it on

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-nerf-armor-starter-kit/103908#media

[quote name='KingBroly']

And "Accomplishments" will be at the Miiverse level apparently, so there's that.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean that they're now mandatory? Or that these Accomplishments, for games that feature them, will be seen at the Miiverse level and not only in game?

[quote name='advanced']Does that mean that they're now mandatory? Or that these Accomplishments, for games that feature them, will be seen at the Miiverse level and not only in game?[/QUOTE]
Probably the latter. I really doubt they will be mandatory, nor do I think they should.

[quote name='advanced']Does that mean that they're now mandatory? Or that these Accomplishments, for games that feature them, will be seen at the Miiverse level and not only in game?[/QUOTE]

They'll apparently be at the Miiverse level, so you can see what accomplishments your friends have. I doubt they're mandatory, because Miyamoto has been pretty adamant about his games not having them. That'd basically give Nintendo an out for them while everyone else uses them. Also Nintendo might fear the 'your forcing shit on us that we don't want to do, grr, we're done with you forever' card from developers that they're desperately trying to court.

And like I told people in the Wii U thread in the Nintendo section, Friends Lists are going to be server side like on PS3, 360 and PC, and not like Wii or 3DS. Meaning, "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX sent you a Friend Request. Accept or Deny?"

[quote name='D.Choy']Dude the only time Nintendo actually upgrades their "consoles" is when you refer to handhelds. Gameboy -> Gameboy color -> Gameboy micro or DS -> DSlite -> DSi -> XL or 3ds -> 3ds XL. I don't think you have much argument with the consoles especially like other people have pointed out the changes were aesthetics and most of which were only available in Japan.

If you are talking about console upgrades, it typically takes anywhere between 2 - 4 years and the changes are minimal. Look at the Xbox 360, the only huge change was the fatty to the slim and that took a handful of years; same idea with the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft was the worst offender. Adding HDMI to a later version and screwing over the early adopters was pretty crappy.

[quote name='breauxman']Microsoft was the worst offender. Adding HDMI to a later version and screwing over the early adopters was pretty crappy.[/QUOTE]
The integrated wireless was pretty screwy, too, considering they charged about $100 for their wireless adapter prior to that.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']The integrated wireless was pretty screwy, too, considering they charged about $100 for their wireless adapter prior to that.[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is that while the second gen of external wifi adapters for the 360 were wireless N, the 360 slims are stuck with wireless G. Microsoft was all over the place with their 360 updates. So many different motherboard revisions, as well. Microsoft has never been a hardware company, though, so hopefully they learned a few lessons in design from the whole 360 debacle when they started designing the 720.

[quote name='Paladinion']Hmm im considering it now, I got Dynasty Warriors Next on my Vita and loved it.[/QUOTE]
the difference between DW next and this is that you dont conquer land areas, this game is more story based like the other ones (not empires which is what DW next is sorta like more or less) but if you thought that was great... then you should absolutely buy Warriors orochi 3, I mean if you loved next there is no way you wont love this (except you also can not create a character... the only thing missing from the WO series)

[quote name='ProppaT']The sad thing is that while the second gen of external wifi adapters for the 360 were wireless N, the 360 slims are stuck with wireless G. Microsoft was all over the place with their 360 updates. So many different motherboard revisions, as well. Microsoft has never been a hardware company, though, so hopefully they learned a few lessons in design from the whole 360 debacle when they started designing the 720.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Slim usues wireless N.

Edit: It does have N but apparently it only goes 2.4Ghz while the adapter goes to 5Ghz. The adapter uses USB though so I would imagine you could use it with the slim

[quote name='Flame Killa']I'm pretty sure the Slim usues wireless N.

Edit: It does have N but apparently it only goes 2.4Ghz while the adapter goes to 5Ghz. The adapter uses USB though so I would imagine you could use it with the slim[/QUOTE]

Hmm, looks like you're right. Maybe the 5Ghz is why some still use the old wireless n adapters? All I know is that people were complaining that the slim's wifi sucked compared to the n adapter when it came out.

Pee U are people actually preordering this? Should nintendo really be making its own consoles after the gamecube and wii?

[quote name='GBH']Pee U are people actually preordering this? Should nintendo really be making its own consoles after the gamecube and wii?[/QUOTE]

Yes. And Yes. Anymore questions?

Went to go PM Professor Layton and a couple in front were asking to pre order the Wii u obviously they stopped taking then though.

After they left I asked what's the situation with them the worker there told me they're not sure how many units theyre getting but if you pre order early you're getting one for sure and if you pre order late the next batch you'll be able to get one if you didn't get one at first. they are only selling to pre orders at first. I believe the guy since he's probably the coolest worker there and he's helpful as hell and knows everything that's happening in the game section. Unlike most of the other employees.

Got to use the GamePad today at Target while getting the B2G1 Free deal, no demo though (Stupid decision to forget that for some reason), but man, that thing is LIGHT! I'm completely happy I have a preorder too. Can't wait to get that console home and play with it.

[quote name='advanced']Got to use the GamePad today at Target while getting the B2G1 Free deal, no demo though (Stupid decision to forget that for some reason), but man, that thing is LIGHT! I'm completely happy I have a preorder too. Can't wait to get that console home and play with it.[/QUOTE]

Was the system not on? There should be a selection of games on the controller, Rayman Legends should be the only one if the Play Demo button enabled.

[quote name='skullflame']Was the system not on? There should be a selection of games on the controller, Rayman Legends should be the only one if the Play Demo button enabled.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was on, but my girlfriend couldn't find it. She said none of them said "Play Demo". I didn't bother looking, so I totally could have missed it. I'll be near there again in a few days, so I'll check then. Thanks for the info.

You have to actually touch the screen to play the demo... took me awhile to figure that out because all of the buttons didn't let me play. I'm actually thinking about buying this now, because Rayman was pretty cool.

[quote name='advanced']Got to use the GamePad today at Target while getting the B2G1 Free deal, no demo though (Stupid decision to forget that for some reason), but man, that thing is LIGHT! I'm completely happy I have a preorder too. Can't wait to get that console home and play with it.[/QUOTE]

Same reaction. Tested it out this afternoon. Really pretty interesting. The graphics were very good as well.

[quote name='breauxman']Microsoft was the worst offender. Adding HDMI to a later version and screwing over the early adopters was pretty crappy.[/QUOTE]

Dear God Almighty man, HDMI 1.3 specifications wasn't even finalized till the year after Xbox 360 came out.

CAG Newbie indeed.

1st person to test out the Wii U at my Best Buy this morning. I was about to leave when the Nintendo Rep finished setting up. Hand On with a knowledgeable Nintendo Rep was awesome, we played the Rayman demo together and was basically learning about the system the whole time.

I haven't touched my Wii in years (not what you think) but I'm very excited on what the Wii U might bring in the future. HD graphics, Free Internet, No more friend codes! I walked away with a smile that I pre-ordered it.

My Wal Mart still has some WiiU Preorders left, but they said it's only one sku. If I order it, how can I be guaranteed it will be the premium version? Does anyone have some insight on this?

[quote name='therealdanhill']My Wal Mart still has some WiiU Preorders left, but they said it's only one sku. If I order it, how can I be guaranteed it will be the premium version? Does anyone have some insight on this?[/QUOTE]

They only let you preorder (layaway) deluxe.

When I went to pick up assassins creed 3 earlier today at bestbuy I asked about my Wii U preorder. She said they already got there list of all there preorders in store and they will be put in back and not sold to anybody else. She will hold them for 14 days as well. Also she mentioned there probably won't be any extras for walk ins. She swore to me that mine wouldn't get sold to somebody else.

Did I miss something? Why is Walmart jacking up the price for the standard and deluxe by $50 for online pre-orders? What are the chances my Walmart is still taking pre-orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back